Battle Spot KGT

The title of this RMT is an acronym I used a lot in my teambuilder this gen. Kangaskhan, Garchomp, Thundurus are ridiculous together, and I seriously think that teams with this 3-mon core are the best kind of teams in BSS. This team was something I made really recently so I never used it BSPL, but I used a lot of teams in BSPL with KGT, like these ones. These kinds of teams play very offensively and I feel like they cover a majority of the meta rather well. I built this team with ScarfLoom in mind, i got bopped by Scarfloom a couple times on the ladder, on the 3DS and showdown, so I wanted to try it out for myself. I've had a ton of fun with this team, especially the Scarfloom. I've used this a bunch on the PS ladder and it's done pretty well, I'm hovering around the top 50 atm. So yeah, the team is super standard aside from Loom, to many BSS players this might not be interesting but I wanna showcase what I feel is a really strong team.

Teambuilding Process

Like I said in the intro, I wanted to try out Scarfloom so kinda started the team off with this. Spoiler: I was not disappointed with this guy either.

Yeah I basically slapped on KGT with this guy cause I knew this was the kind of team I wanted to make. Yes, my teambuilding process is pretty much that braindead. I technically just started with all 4 of these, but since breloom was kinda my main thing I separated him in the process here.

Team felt pretty Cress weak so I tried out Volc, also gave the team a strong special attacker to work with.

At this point the team was pretty frail so I wanted a bulky thing. I wanted something that could take care of Talon, Blaziken, and Mence fairly reliably so I went with Cune over Cress, which I had also considered. Cune also gave the team a cool FWG core, even though I would pretty much never pick those 3 together.

I wasn't picking Volcarona much so I looked to other options, the team lacked a decent switchin to Kang so I went with Gar. Gar also handles Cress decently just like Volc did. The ability to trap shit is just amazing. I ended up using this in a ton of games so I'm glad I chose this over Volc.

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

So, 'Why use a Scarf Breloom?' you might be wondering. And the answer is pretty simply, Kangaskhan. The threat of Sash Spore Breloom is pretty big so a lot of people will lead Kang and are willing to take a Mach just to take Loom out. That's the moment when you catch them with Superpower, and you're up 3-2 just after Turn 1. And I wish I saved every replay where that exact scenario happens turn 1 because it seriously happens all the time. Going up 3-2 just after turn 1 is so strong imo that it makes this set worth it. And this is kinda how the team likes to perform vs Kang teams, start off with an early lead thanks to Loom and then continue to just overpower your opp's last 2 mons. In meta's where Kanga isn't as popular, this set probably isn't as good but on PS right now Kang is everywhere. I should also note that the surprise factor with this is a big ticket to success, if your opponent happens to know the team it's much less effective. And aside from just surprising Kangs, its really not too bad on its own. A fast fighting type is cool, having a grass to check Suicune is nice with Kang/Chomp, it can surprise Sash Mamos that expect to catch you with Spear, its a decent Scarfer.

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

The queen of BSS. Man I love this mon. There is not much to say about this, the power this thing provides is incredible and with Breloom able to set your opp down to just 2 mons it becomes even tougher to switch into. I used Fire Punch cause Ferro is kinda annoying for this team. I considered lots of other things like Secret Power, Ice move, Facade, EQ but this set has been working well. Really straightforward and gives the team some strong priority as well.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

The king of BSS. This thing is great, nice powerful STABs that are hard to wall and thats what makes it great for Offense imo. SD helps it break walls a little bit, which in turn makes Kang better in the lategame. Sash + Rock Tomb allows it to beat some more offensive mons sometimes like Greninja. Like Kang there's not much to say here, it's a consistent and strong mon.​

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

So Kang/Chomp is a great offensive core but it's not really the fastest. There's a ton of other offensive shit that outspeeds both and kinda fucks up their day. That's where Thund comes in, bulky enough to take them on and has prankster twave to make them pretty much useless. This is mostly for stuff like Blaziken, Talonflame, Mega Mence, and many more. Nasty Plot is also nice to wear down walls like Cress and p2. I've used this mon more than any other this gen, and I'm almost always happy with its performance.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

One of my two Kang "switchins", or mainly my only switchin as non Helmet cune isnt a very good switch in lol. But yeah Ghost-type+Wisp gives me a solid check to Kang. I chose to run a set with max SpA over HP cause I felt like this team would much rather dent shit than tank shit, plus with Wisp Gengar kinda gains some pseudo-bulk, which is more than enough. This is a great pick when there's stuff it can trap pretty easily like fairies or defensive pokes, Shadow Tag is just insane and this mon always does well for me. STag Dbond is also insane against offensive teams as well cause it means Gengar will often go 2 for 1 against a ton of stuff, like I said it's just insane. As powerful as Kang is this thing might actually be the best mega, at least in SM I think that 'might' will turn into a 'definitely'. But yeah, standard set, standard mon, works great.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

This is my one bulky mon of the team. This team is meant to be very offensive so I think it's important that my bulky thing is also able to put on some pressure and that's why I use CM cune. CM cune is a great wincon in some matchups, and sometimes the extra bit of damage is just kinda useful. RestoChesto in itself is also just enough to make a few mons easier to deal with. This takes on pretty much all the mons I said Thund took care of but Suicune is able to take their attacks a bit better, while also dealing with much more than Thund can, like Garchomp and Mamoswine for example. So yeah, having cune is great for the team so I can have something to switch into that won't take a fuckload of damage from pretty much any attack, it does that job well enough and more.
Threatlist
This is a little short but I may update it when I think of more stuff, or if people who rate mention stuff I'm not thinking of.
If this is SD with Flare Blitz it could be a big problem. Suicune and Thund help but they can pretty easily be overwhelmed by Talon's teammates. I have to be sure to play carefully against this thing.

/
+
Trick Room teams can be pretty scary. Because 1) this team doesnt really like facing Cress and 2) I have like no switchins to the common TR megas. I pretty much have to overpower these teams and keep important mons healthy. Gengar helps quite a bit here too, because of Wisp against the megas and trapping Cress, but under TR it can get fucked.

CB isn't that hard to play against but Lum DD can be pretty annoying. I pretty much can't let it get any good opportunities to set up, always need to break scale, and need to keep Suicune healthy or Chomp Sash in tact(which is p difficult against hippo).

Import
Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

I was gonna do individual shoutouts but after writing all this up I am not really feeling it, sorry guys! So gonna give a general big shoutout to everyone I'm fond of(GIVE ME LIKES).
Hulavuta cant say DragonWhale Joint Cena Psynergy Anirav bobochan ethan06 kamikaze LegoFigure11 GroudonEmpire CoolStoryBrobat Misaka Mikoto surgical_tubing Theorymon tko xastify Feliburn 6tennis average fella Solerme Jmal98 Jhon jroxas TheMantyke Boehijt Arco223
you're all great dudes

Farewell Gen 6, your Kangaskhans were fun while they lasted.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)