Kingdom's Wrath

Sup. This is my second rate my team, this time being a RU team. Let's start with team building shall we?
TEAM BUILDING

The first member of my team had to be Typhlosion. I saw many youtube videos where Typhlosion could sweep with ease. I gave it choice specs to increase maximum power. Eruption was a must sinc Typhlosion can outspeed many pokemon in RU and can deal MASSIVE DAMAGE at full health and choice specs. I added flamethrower in case I needd to switch out Typhlosion and hidden power grass to cover rock, ground, and water types.

Sceptile is mainly my staller. With leech seed, substitute, and giga drain, Sceptile is pretty hard to take down. I gave it life orb to power up Giga drain and focus blast; a move I chose for coverage.

Having a fire and grass type, I added Feraligtyr as my water type. Having life orb as well, Feraligtyr was able to hit hard. With dragon dance, Feraligtyr could get a potential sweep. Waterfall is a STAB move and can make the target flinch. The other moves are ice punch for coverage against grass, and super power for an all out attack.

Cinccino was added to my team to add more offensive power. With a nice base speed of 115 and a decent attack stat of 95, Cinccino can hit hard fast. With choice band, cinccino's moves are boosted by 50%.

I chose Hitmonchan because I needed a pokemon who could resist rock types. Equipped with leftovers, Hitmonchan can regain energy slowly. With iron fists as an ability, Hitmonchan's punching moves (mach punch and ice punch) do more damage. Bulk up makes Hitmonchan harder to take down and close combat is for a strong STAB move.

Archeop's is a BEAST with flying gem plus Acrobatics. With life orb, Archeop's is able to deal ever more damage. It also has head smash, u-turn, and earthquake
Of course, no team is perfect at the start...

That's right; half of my team were replaced. I replaced Feraligtyr with Slowking because Slowking has more special defense than Feraligtyr. Also, Slowking can cripple the foe with trick-scarf set. Not to mention, scald can burn the foe, screwing up physical attackers.
Gallade replaced Hitmonchan as my fighting type. I chose Gallade because it has better tpying than hitmonchan and a better move set. Gallade has bulk up to increase defense and attack, drain punch to recover health, psycho cut for coverage, and stone edge to kill flying types that dare try to defeat him.
Lastly, Archeop's was replaced by Cryogonal because of Archeop's crippling ability, defeatist. Cryogonal is my rapid spinner and can poison targets with toxic. Recover is to regain health and ice beam is a STAB move.
Other changes: I changed Typhlosion's item to choice scarf and it works MUCH BETTER. I also changed Sceptile's item to big root to gain more health.

I changed Cryogonal to Glaceon for many reasons. A: Glaceon has a monstrous special attack stat. B: It has a much better defense stat; something that my team needs greatly. Glaceon has access to wish and can heal team mates. Protect is for wish to come into a action. Shadow ball and ice beam are good moves that utilize Glaceon's special attack well. Leftovers is to regain health slowly.

I wasn't doing so well because of my ghost weakness that couldn't be countered. Instead of Slowiking, I replaced him with Qwilfish. Qwilfish was a boss setting up spikes, thunder wave, and taunt. With him and Glaceon combined, they formed a pretty good defensive core.

Qwilfish was knocked off of my team for two reasons: it was pretty slow so other taunters could taunt it first such as Whimsicott. Second, it added a psychic weakness that could not be countered as well as an electric weakness, a common type found among leads. Therefor to fix this problem, I went with Liepard. Liepard's ability is great. With prankster, it can set up thunder wave and taunt first. Foul play comes in handy a lot too. Substitute has a nice niche as well.

THE FINAL CHANGE ON MY TEAM. Liepard was too frail to take any attacks and survive. Absol is a much better dark type. Although I did not give it taunt because of it's speed, it can still do a beating to the foe. It has sword dance to double it's attack stat and sucker punch for STAB and priority. Psycho Cut is for coverage and so is super power.

Once again, half of my team has been replaced. I replaced Sceptile with Mesprit to have more of a defensive approach. Mesprit has stealth rock to damage foes while thunder wave paralyzes the enemy and sets up my other defensive mon: Rotom. Only having one weakness, Rotom has will-o-wisp to cripple the foe and hex to deal STAB damage that works well with thunder wave and will-o-wisp. Finally, Kabutops replaced Gallade for two reasons: it has rapid spin which is extremely useful and balances my team a bit more.
Lets look at the team more in-depth now.
Catapult@Choice Scarf

252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Health
Timid
Eruption
Flamethrower
Hidden Power Grass
Focus Blast
CATAPULT IS READY TO DESTROY THE TEAM. Typhlosion is my lead. With choice scarf,Typhlosion out-speeds all the other pokemon in RU that aren't also scarfed. With eruption and choice scarf, Typhlosion can wreck havoc. With a base power of 150 + STAB = 225, Typhlosion has once taken down 3 of the opponent's pokemon before fainting. Flamethrower is for if I have to take out Typhlosion if he is low and health and then send him back in. Hidden Power Grass if for coverage against water and ground types while focus blast if for coverage against rock types. CATAPULT, FIRE!!!

Wizard@Leftovers

252 Health, 252 Special Defense, 4 Health
Gentle
Stealth Rock
Psyshock
U-Turn
Thunder Wave
[FONT=Verdana, Trebuchet MS, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The wizard of the army has arrived. With leftovers, Mesprit can slowly regain health (1/16 to be exact). Stealth Rock can damage the opponent's pokemon a bit and can deal heavy damage to bug type pokemon such as Accelgor, which can be a nuisance to my team. Psyshock is my main way of getting rid of fighting types and deals more damage to the ones with less defense such as Gallade and Hitmonchan. U-Turn is to get the hell out of there once I set up rocks and perhaps thunder wave. Thunder wave is a good status move that works well with Rotom and leftovers.[/FONT]
Dark Lord@Life Orb

252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Health
Adamant
Sucker Punch
Super Power
Sword Dance
Psycho Cut
Over throwing the king is the dark lord. I chose Absol to balance out my team more, removing dark and ghost type weaknesses. Life orb increases Absol's already high attack stat by 30%. Sword Dance doubles this and can prepare Absol for a sweep. Sucker Punch, with sword dance, is extremely powerful and has priority, It is also my last resort attack. Super Power is a strong move for coverage. Psycho Cut is also a strong move for coverage against fighting types.

Princess@Choice Band

252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Health
Adamant
Tail Slap
Rock Blast
Bullet Seed
U-Turn
Just because Princess is a damsel doesn't mean she can hit hard. With choice band, Cinccino's attack stat is increased by 50%. With her ability, Skill Link, Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed all hit 5 times meaning they each have a base power of 125 (not including STAB). U-Turn is to get out fast while dealing damage. THIS DAMSEL WILL NOT TAKE YOUR CRAP AND WILL DESTROY YOU!... with charm and grace of course.

Assassin@Lum Berry

252 Attack, 252 Health, 4 Defense
Adamant
Stone Edge
Rapid Spin

Aqua Jet
Sword Dance
Do you want to know what I say to fire types that verse my team? Screw them, Assassin kill them all. I chose Kabutops because, as said before by Atomic Llamas, it helps me ttake down Emboar and maybe even other fire types. Rapid Spin is pretty useful to get rid of pesky hazards such as stealth rock that can weaken my team A LOT. Sword Dance is pretty useful as well to raise it's attack stat double. With weak armor, every time Kabutops is hit, it's defense is lowered but it's speed is raised, making it pretty good with Sword Dance. Aqua Jet is a priority move and STAB as well and is useful at revenge killing. Stone Edge has a high crit ratio and is a STAB move as well.
Rotom@Leftovers
252 Special Attack, 252 Health, 4 Special Defense
Calm
Hex
Thunderbolt
Volt witch
Will-o-wisp
Rotom is the... motor of the kingdom... Anyway, Rotom works well with the rest of the team, especially Mesprit. Thunderbolt is a strong STAB move and has a 10% chance to paralyze the target. Volt Switch is to get out fast like Mesprit's U-Turn. Will-o-wisp is a good status move and halves the target's attack by 50%. Will-o-wisp works VERY GOOD WITH HEX, doubling the attaack power. With STAB, hex is an epic move with lots of power.
Well, that is my team. Let me know what you think of it. PREPARE TO FEEL THE KINGDOM'S WRATH! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

Note: I FINALLY MADE IT ON THE LEADER BOARDS! I am currently ranked 218. For those who don't know me, I am known as The Omega Soldier on Showdown (The Awesome Dude was already taken :( )

216PopLuv157968.11701 ± 86
217Lucz157968.81710 ± 93
218TheOmegaSoldier157668.91710 ± 95
219Alister007157569.31716 ± 100
220heaps157568.21702 ± 90

Link to showdown: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ladder

Last edited:
not sure about some sets, i think your rank may be due to the unexpectedness of the team
your SubSeed sceptile is outclassed by many defensive grass types like roselia and amoongus, and why run focus blast if your defensive anyway? try grasswhistle or switch to a better defensive mon
also, scarf sloking without investment is just a waste, as it will simply be locked into one move and not outspeed the faster threats scarf is used for like accelgor. switch this spot to a spinner like wartortle who is neutral to rocks and provides the nice bulk you need and water resistances

no offense or anything, just my 2c :D

Hmm... thanks for the advice. Instead of slowking, I think I will replace him with quilfish then for a more defensive approach.
Quilfish@Black Sludge
252 Health, 252 Special Defense, 4 Defense
Thunder Wave
Spikes
Taunt
Waterfall
I will now test this out. What do you think of this set?

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi TheAwesomeDude, this isn't a bad start for an RU team, but I think that there are some changes that could be made to your team to help it function better.

First off, Sub Seed Sceptile is not really that great of a set, as it is pretty easy to play around and just lacks the offensive or defensive presence necessary for a pokemon to succeed. I think that using a Sub + 3 attack set just functions a lot better in RU, and replacing Leech Seed with HP Rock fixes your major weakness to Moltres, Magmortar, and opposing Typhlosion, who all don't really have to much trouble walking through your team.

Next thing that I think you should change, is Super Power over Psycho Cut on Absol, as Dark + Fighting has really good neutral coverage, and Absol lacks any ability to get around steel types.

To me, the Gallade set you are running seems super inefficient, and Gallade doesn't really seem necessary on your team as Absol and Gallade have similar roles. I think that Swords Dance Kabutops could be a nice fit on your team, as you have multiple choice locked mons that are easily worn down via hazards.

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

This gives you good response to Emboar, which could give your team trouble if played correctly, while also preventing Typhlosion and Cincinno from being worn down so easily. The Lum Berry allows you to SD in front of a stray status move, like will-o-wisp from Spiritomb or Thunder Wave from Uxie, while the moves give you decent neutral coverage an priority.

Finally Glaceon is a terrible pokemon in RU now that snow warning has been banned, and should absolutely be replaced with something that can set up Stealth Rock while taking on Fighting types, as even before I suggested changing Gallade, Hitmonlee and opposing Gallade destroyed this team. I suggest the following set, which sets up Stealth Rock pretty well, while also being able to take on these threats to your team.

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

The Speed EVs let you outspeed positive natured base 55's like Omastar and Crawdaunt, while giving you decent bulk for taking on Fighting types. Psyshock is chosen over psychic because it hits both Gallade and Hitmonlee harder. Glaceon also just kills momentum on your pretty offensively oriented team, while this set generates momentum with a slow-ish U-turn.

Anyways good luck, hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)