SM OU Klefki and the Janitors

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback on my last post. I wanted to make a team mainly around Klefki, while also throwing in some interesting Pokemon such as Kyurem-Black. When playing this team, I realized that most of my victories happened when I only had one or two Pokemon left, and that Pokemon swept 3 or 4 opposing Pokemon. Therefore, the team is called Klefki and the Janitors. You can find the team in a pastebin at the bottom.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Toxic

This Klefki is pretty standard. If you're playing lower ladder, you can sometimes bait in Ground types, use Magnet Rise, and force a switch. Otherwise, these are the only hazzards my team uses. This Klefki is also useful to persevere so if you are getting swept by a sweeper, you can just bring in this Klefki and use Thunder Wave/Toxic, and pray that you connect. All in all, pretty standard.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Standard Mega Pinsir set. For those wondering why I have Frustration over Return, is because if a Ditto transforms into this, it will most likely have max happiness, therefore Frustration will only have 1 base power. The main thing that walls this are Steel/Flying types such as Skarmory or Celesteela.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

This Pokemon isn't really meant to be a sweeper, but depending on the opposing team it can sweep. Otherwise you're mainly using this Pokemon to take out 1 or 2 other mons with it. It has +Attack and a Choice Band to have a monstrous 723 attack stat in battle. Usually neutral hits can result in an OHKO. The only advice I have is use Outrage against Zygarde over Ice Beam. Outrage will OHKO but Ice Beam will not.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Standard scarf Gengar. You can sometimes do some cool tech with Trick, otherwise this is mainly just a revenge killer, or a late game sweeper. You can also catch some scarf Leles off guard >:D

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Taunt

This is usually how I run Tapu Fini. Half utility, half attack. The reason I don't have Play Rough on Klefki is because I can just use Moonblast on Tapu Fini. This mon is also the hazard control mon of the team. Usually you won't sweep with this mon like the rest, but it is still useful in scoring one or two KOs or removing hazards or stopping stall with Taunt.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Taunt

Last is Serperior. First off, Leaf Storm and HP Fire are basically essentials to Serperior sets (if it is an offensive one). Substitute is useful to sub on weaker mons, so later as you're sweeping, mons that are faster than you do not automatically stop you. For example, you switch this in onto a weak Toxapex. Scald doesn't do enough to break your sub, so you sub up on it, then kill it with Leaf Storm. The opponent then sends out a Tapu Koko. The Koko can only break your sub, and you are free to drop a Leaf Storm on it to keep raising your Special Attack and then proceed to sweep the rest of the team, while Leftovers recovers the HP you lost from the sub. Also having Taunt is pretty clutch in some situations, mainly because people don't expect it and might try to setup on you.

I'm open for any suggestions and below is the team:
https://pastebin.com/F70RiJrM

Dont see any problems here except for the Serperior. Leaf Storm is a bit risky due to the chance to miss, and hp fire is quite weak. I suggest switching taunt for something like Dragon Pulse, it has 100 accuracy and decent power. But its your choice as Taunt can come in useful as well.

Heres the edited set:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

With the Kyurem Black set, I suggest using Icium Z with Freeze Shock. You can take a look at these calcs and many walls just drop after they switch in on a fusion bolt and then take the 200 Base Subzero Slammer Kyurem Black is putting out. On the Icium Z set I prefer running Max Atk and minus a defensive stat. This is basically serving the same purpose as your earlier Kyurem Black set but this time you're not being taking advantage of as if you were banded into fusion bolt and they switch to Landorus-T, and are able to snatch surprise KOs or extremely cripple the opponent's walls.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 580-684 (82.5 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Sableye-Mega: 330-388 (108.9 - 128%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 295-348 (83.8 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 558-656 (138.4 - 162.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The Icium Z is good vs rain too since Swampert does not kill Kyurem Black with a Naive nature:
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 320-378 (81.8 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and then it oneshots with Subzero Slammer:
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Swampert-Mega: 405-477 (118.7 - 139.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

yo i only got 1 suggestion u might find worth noting.

keys is carrying twave+toxic, also banded kyubs strongest atk is outrage. u have fini. misty terrain stops u from using twave+toxic on grounded pokemon and also weakens kyubs outrage by 50% on grounded mons. perhaps u can consider using a diff hazard remover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)