Knights of the Round

Hi Smogon I have been Playing Pokemon since Red and Blue and been a huge fan of the game. My Gamer tags are Turan xXTuranXx I play on PO and SD I am sure if you play Ru you have seen this team it has won me many games and is just a fun idea. I recently started online but I have been playing in local competitions on the DS Thanks for reading hope you like and feel free to rate or comment. My team is a take on King Arthur's most famous knights. I also added Guinevere because she was as close to a female heroine in that day and age. So to start it off this team is a mixed team of walls and wall breakers. I use trick room when I can to make my slower wall breakers super fast. Also some of my walls really pack a punch and tend to catch my enemy off guard. Black and White and BW2 really gave us some fun tools to use and this team is a good example of how they work. I hope you enjoy this will be my first post on Smogon.

King Arthur/SlowKing

Item: Leftovers ; EVs 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SPA Nature: Bold

Ability: Regenerator

Moves:

• [*]Trick Room
    [*]Flamethrower
    [*]Scald
    [*]Slack Off
Hail to the king baby! This guy is the main man and the reason I built this team. I loved using Slowbro In higher tiers and I wanted a kingly pokemon. I did notice Cacnea had a crown but he was not a king. He did not have the nobility needed and Slowking fit the bill. Slowking does many jobs on this team but his main is Trick Room. With Regenerator I can swap him in and out to Take hits and set up. Scald gives a nice burn chance and does some damage. Flamethrower helps keep those ever common grassmons at bay. Slack off because hes slow king and lazy I thought about using a choice specs set but I don't like being locked in to trick room.

Guinevere/Clefable

Item: Leftovers ; EVs 252 HP / 252 SPD / 4 ATK Nature: Careful

Ability: Magic Guard

Moves:

• [*]Wish
    [*]Heal bell
    [*]Toxic
    [*]Double edge
I Choose Clefable because I needed a special wall as well as a support Pokemon. Clefable is an amazing pokemon and makes a great for any Ru team.
Wish keeps my Pokemon Happy and healthy. Heal bell is fun because it really pisses off people that use toxic and burn. Toxic helps my stall and piss off my enemy I normally toxic on Pokemon swaps. Double edge is great to deal some extra damage once the ghost Pokemon are taken care of. This move has won me many matchs and works great with magic guard.

Sir Lance U Lots/Escavalier

Item: Choice Band ; EVs 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF Nature: Brave

Ability: Swarm

Moves:

• [*]Mega Horn
  • Iron Head
  • Pursuit
  • Return
This guy has one mission spear all Pokemon in the face. He is an amazing wall breaker and I don't understand how it is RU. I use him to good success in OU But I am glad Smogon gifted him to RU. Mega Horn Kills almost anything 1 hit not resisted. Iron Head takes care of the Pokemon that would resist it. Pursuit is great to top Pokemon swapping and gets me lots of kills Return is because well there's not really any other good physical moves... Only thing I can say about this guy is his move pool is kinda lacking but I still love him.

Sir Perceval/Quagsire

Item: Leftovers ; EVs 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SPD Nature: Impish

Ability: Unaware

Moves:
  • Earth Quake
  • Waterfall
  • Toxic
  • Recover
Quagsire is simple a great stall pokemon. His dream world ability is just amazing for Pokemon that wanna boost up on you. His main job is to be tossed in to take a physical hit or electric attack. I then try to toxic stall them or earthquake for damage. Waterfall is for fire types and Recover keeps me for dieing. I only wish this guy had roar so I could toxic shuffle but oh well.

Sir Galahad/Hitmontop

Item: Leftovers ; EVs 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 ATK Nature: Adamant

Ability: Iron Fist

Moves:
  • Rapid Spin
  • Mach Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Drain Punch
Hitmonchan's job is simple get in and spin away entry hazards. This allows Slowking and Tangroth to come in without getting hurt or poisoned. I choose Hitmonchan because I use Hitmontop in higher tiers and with Iron fist ability I can also deal some damage in the process. Mach punch gives me priority and can finish off weaker Pokemon. Ice Punch Kills a large amount and I use it mostly thinking they will swap into it. It takes out my bird dragon and grass problem nicely on switchs. I dont really know what to do with the ev spread and ideas would be great help.

Merlin/Tangrowth

Item: Choice Specs ; EVs HP 112 / 144 DEF / 252 SPA Nature: Modest

Ability: Regenerator

Moves:
  • Leaf Storm
  • Focus Blast
  • Hidden Power Rock
  • Power Whip
This I my Final Member of My Team. Tangrowth has two Roles. His main job is to jump in and Deal some heavy special attack damage. His second Role is to absorb hits that he resists and use his ability to heal after firing of a round of leaf storm or hidden power rock.I choose Leaf Storm because of the pure damage it puts out also since I swap it out a lot it wont mind the SPA drop. Hidden Power rock is for birds and fire types that want to swap in on me. Focus Blast is nice to take out steel and hits most things neutral. Power Whip is for those anoying special walls so I dont get walled by them. The EVs are pretty much a standard smogon Specs growth set.

Thanks for the read smogon Iv'e have been reading posts on here for a long time so I figured it was about time I put in my own. As I mentioned earlier
Evs are not my best skill so any advice to them is always appreciated. Hope you guys like and Rate. I would really enjoy seeing someone else using my team on the ladder to success. I am Currently working on that myself.

This team has a couple of weird movesets and spreads being used (no offense). I would switch Double Edge to Seismic Toss on defensive Clefable for consistent damage. I would also switch Quagsire's nature to a Relaxed Nature and Waterfall to Scald. This allows Quagsire to burn certain pokemon, such as Crustle. Since Slowking is running Slack Off, switch his Leftovers to a Life Orb. This gives Slowking some more power to use. I would also suggest switching Scald to Surf for more power, because Slowking is trying to sweep, not inflict status. And for Hitmonchan, I would suggest changing the Rapid Spin set to the Smogon's Standard SpinChamp set. This set is a bit more offensive, and can utilize Foresight to oppose Spinblockers, such as Spiritomb and Dusknoir. You can view the set below:

Hitmonchan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Good luck on the team.

Double Edge does around 50+% on everything besides ghosts and steel I tryed seismic toss but it just doesn't have the sheer power on things that don't resist.
Also he takes no damage when using double egde and its stab. I have used lifo orb and it works well on clefable also a lot like the sweeper set from Gen 4 with facade Slowking really isn't used to sweep i use him to take a hit maybe burn and swap out his main point is to set up trick room and I will try out the Hitmonchan thanks for the rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)