RU Kricketune

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew

Overview
########

Kricketune seems unviable at first glance, as its bad base stats leave much to be desired, but it has a solid niche as a Sticky Web setter that can also run utility moves such as Knock Off and Taunt. Many slow heavy hitters in RU, such as Clawitzer, Exploud, and Choice Band Tyrantrum, benefit greatly from Sticky Web support against faster offensive teams. Kricketune's horrible defenses work in its favor, as with Endeavor, it can potentially cripple many opponents, though it has nothing else to offer offensively. Kricketune's bad Speed means it can be prevented from setting up Sticky Web by a faster Taunt, however, and it also has poor matchups versus common leads such as Taunt Cobalion, Taunt Archeops, and Crustle. Kricketune can still put in work against the common bulky teams in RU, as it can provide valuable utility with Knock Off and Taunt.

Sticky Web
########
name: Sticky Web
move 1: Sticky Web
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Endeavor / Bug Bite
ability: Technician
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Sticky Web provides valuable speed control against offensive teams, letting Kricketune's teammates KO frail Pokemon that would normally be faster. Knock Off is used to cripple foes that rely on their item, such as Golbat and Piloswine, and neutralize threats with items such as Choice Scarf. Endeavor can bring foes down to 1 HP after Kricketune survives an attack with Focus Sash. Bug Bite hits harder than Knock Off and OHKOes Defog Shiftry, which can otherwise prevent Sticky Web from being set up. Taunt prevents Defog and opposing setup, all of which can be problematic.

Set Details
========

252 Attack EVs give Kricketune as much power as possible, and 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Speed; it is pointless to invest in bulk, as Kricketune wants to get brought down to 1 HP. Technician powers up Bug Bite, and a Focus Sash ensures that Kricketune can survive any one hit and set up Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune should usually be used in the lead position, as it won't get many chances to set up Sticky Web otherwise. Sticky Web is the top priority against offensive teams and certain balanced teams, but it may be helpful to save Kricketune for later against stall, as it can still support the team with Knock Off and Taunt. Knock Off should be used against Pokemon that rely on their items, such as Golbat, or against Choice Scarf users, as the item negates the effect of Sticky Web. Endeavor should be used after Kricketune is brought down to its Focus Sash, although you should keep in mind that Sticky Web is the top priority. Against stall teams, Knock Off can be helpful to remove Leftovers and Eviolites. Taunt should be used against most Defoggers, setup sweepers, and entry hazard users, unless Kricketune can OHKO them anyway. In the unlikely case that Sticky Web is up and Kricketune's Focus Sash is not broken, you can predict an attack and use Endeavor against faster foes. Use Taunt against setup sweepers that may be a threat, such as Huntail, and also against other entry hazard setters such as Omastar. In some cases, Kricketune should not lead, especially if the opponent has potential Taunt-carrying leads such as Archeops and Cobalion. It is possible to try to save Kricketune for later against more bulky teams to cripple a member with Endeavor before it faints.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that don't lack power but are crippled by below average Speed, such as Emboar, Exploud, Choice Band Tyrantrum, and Clawitzer, make for good partners. Wallbreakers such as Choice Specs Meloetta and Mega Glalie appreciate the speed control Kricketune provides. Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee are good partners, as they can remove entry hazards without getting rid of Sticky Web. Other entry hazard setters such as Druddigon and Sandslash can further support the team with the chip damage provided by their entry hazards. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Spiritomb are good teammates to prevent the removal of Sticky Web via Rapid Spin. Braviary makes for a good partner, as it can take advantage of Defog to get a free Defiant boost. A fast safety net can act as an insurance against Flying-types or if Sticky Web is removed; Pokemon such as Jolteon and Sneasel can perform this job well. A priority user such as the aforementioned Mega Glalie can pick off Pokemon weakened by Endeavor.

Other Options
########

Toxic can be used to cripple other leads, but all of Kricketune's other moves are more useful in most situations. X-Scissor with Swarm can also be used, as it hits harder at 1 HP than Technician Bug Bite.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: Kricketune is countered by almost everything, but preventing Sticky Web from staying up and avoiding being crippled by Endeavor is what counts. Taunt users that outspeed Kricketune, such as Archeops, Cobalion, and Mismagius, basically shut it down completely, although if for some reason they are switching in they have to watch out for Taunt as well.

**Multi-Hit Attackers**: Multi-hit attackers such as Cinccino, Rhyperior, and Crustle can take Kricketune out despite its Focus Sash, limiting it to Sticky Web or stopping it from accomplishing anything at all.

**Non-Grounded Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Braviary and Rotom-C can inflict heavy damage on Kricketune's team thanks to their immunity to Sticky Web, as they're likely to be faster than most of Kricketune's teammates.

**Entry Hazard Removers**: Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee can remove Sticky Web later in the game and cannot be stopped from doing so by Taunt, although they can be spinblocked. Defog users such as Skuntank and Shiftry can do the same, although the latter has to watch out for Bug Bite.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
rip dragalge on sw.

Anyway, add doublade/spiritomb to spinblockers instead of mismagius.

Add banded Tyrantrum to sticky web abusers, and mention something along the lines of "anything that enjoys opponents being slower". I'd also like more mentions of wallbreakers in general, specs meloetta loves sticky web, and so does mega glalie (but you have that mentioned under priority users)

"Do not try and lead with Kricketune if the opponent has potential leads with Taunt such as Archeops and Mismagius"
Use Cobalion instead of Mismagius no one uses that lol

qc 1/3 looks clean otherwise blinkie

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Spirit it makes it easier to get to Sash for the full Endeavor effect I guess, but I don't really care lol, it's overcomplicating an otherwise simple thing so I agree with making it jolly.

tehy

Banned deucer.
vis a vis swarm / tech and move correspondence

swarm xscissor is obv stronger, but if you're in swarm range you're probably down to sash so why not just endeavor?

idk, check if there are relevant koes or something; worth noting that tech bug bite is 90 and x-scissor is already 80

Mention Taunting most defoggers(minus shiftry) in Usage Tips, its one of the very important things that gives it a niche over Leavanny(which is mostly outclassed by tune for this reason)

aVocado

@ Everstone
C&C is a bit wonky o.o

**Entry Hazard Removers**: Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee can remove Sticky Web later in the game, and cannot be taunted, although they can be spinblocked. Defog users such as Skuntank can also do the same, but some such as Golbat do not like Knock Off.
Golbat is outsped and Taunted.

**Miscellaneous**: Some Pomemon can get around Kricketune such as Fletchinder(Swords Dance on Sticky Web and then Will-O-Wisp breaks its Sash, or Will-O-Wisp on Taunt and then Acrobatics), Ambipom, and Fake Out Hitmonlee.
Lee doesn't run Fake Out, and I kinda would like Ambipom to be removed lol. You can actually just remove that part entirely, and write a sentence in c&c that says something along the lines of Kricketune being countered by literally anything, it's stopping it from setting up/not allowing it to Endeavor a mon that's what counts.

blinkie

Fixed, although I saw a bunch of fast Golbats on suspect ladder for Bangoro

uhhhhh, hm.

ok, so i dislike the overview a lot rn. were i a user new to this tier, looking for information about this pokemon, i would glean almost nothing from this; it states it's generalized base stats, then some of the more choice options of its movepool, and finishes things off with a vague con without reference to a particular common 'mon or scenario. these are things i could figure out from going on the showdown builder and typing in "kricketune" o_o what i'd like to be seeing here, and from all overviews really, are relevant examples of the pokemon's application in the tier, and why those base stats, typings, movepools, etc. make it a 'mon worth using in that tier. to give a starting point
- mention the abundance of slower nukes in the tier (exploud, tyrantrum, clawlitzer, etc.) and the value sticky webs has in optimizing their performance against offensive builds
- address that it's poor match-up v.an assortment of common offensive 'leads' (archeops, crustle, rhyperior, taunt cobalion, etc.) inhibit its performance in this role
- give notice that ru is a metagame that is also very accommodating to balance and other such bulkier-end playstyles, against which sticky webs don't have a ton of value, but its ability to /at least/ restrict opposing set-up, knock off things, and occasionally net value via endeavor makes it less than complete dead weight here

"Sticky Web is the crux of the set"

this comes with time, but you'll learn to appreciate why this is a phrase that is actively discouraged; it is the closest to "i don't actually know what to say, so here" one will get with such things =( just mention it's value v.offense, etc. etc. also, knock off and taunt have way more value than you let on here; item removal is good v.everything, not just eviolite 'mons, and having to to prevent hazard concession, overzealous boosters, etc. is also of great value to offense. i would mention in usages tips that webs has absolute priority against offense and certain balance teams, but that it is by no means significant for defensive match-ups; i've found that in this match-up, it was best to just throw kricketune around where you can get value out of it, mostly tossing out taunts and knock offs to keep some kind of lasting dmg on pokemon, since again, webs do next to nothing for you here.

mention crustle and rhyperior to mult-hit users, probably before cincinno, as they are more relevant. not entirely sure about the mismagius mention, but i'll leave that for debate.

implement and i'll check. sorry if this came off as particularly nitpicky or what have you, but that's the only life i know :(

blinkie

uhhhhh, hm.

ok, so i dislike the overview a lot rn. were i a user new to this tier, looking for information about this pokemon, i would glean almost nothing from this; it states it's generalized base stats, then some of the more choice options of its movepool, and finishes things off with a vague con without reference to a particular common 'mon or scenario. these are things i could figure out from going on the showdown builder and typing in "kricketune" o_o what i'd like to be seeing here, and from all overviews really, are relevant examples of the pokemon's application in the tier, and why those base stats, typings, movepools, etc. make it a 'mon worth using in that tier. to give a starting point
- mention the abundance of slower nukes in the tier (exploud, tyrantrum, clawlitzer, etc.) and the value sticky webs has in optimizing their performance against offensive builds
- address that it's poor match-up v.an assortment of common offensive 'leads' (archeops, crustle, rhyperior, taunt cobalion, etc.) inhibit its performance in this role
- give notice that ru is a metagame that is also very accommodating to balance and other such bulkier-end playstyles, against which sticky webs don't have a ton of value, but its ability to /at least/ restrict opposing set-up, knock off things, and occasionally net value via endeavor makes it less than complete dead weight here

"Sticky Web is the crux of the set"

this comes with time, but you'll learn to appreciate why this is a phrase that is actively discouraged; it is the closest to "i don't actually know what to say, so here" one will get with such things =( just mention it's value v.offense, etc. etc. also, knock off and taunt have way more value than you let on here; item removal is good v.everything, not just eviolite 'mons, and having to to prevent hazard concession, overzealous boosters, etc. is also of great value to offense. i would mention in usages tips that webs has absolute priority against offense and certain balance teams, but that it is by no means significant for defensive match-ups; i've found that in this match-up, it was best to just throw kricketune around where you can get value out of it, mostly tossing out taunts and knock offs to keep some kind of lasting dmg on pokemon, since again, webs do next to nothing for you here.

mention crustle and rhyperior to mult-hit users, probably before cincinno, as they are more relevant. not entirely sure about the mismagius mention, but i'll leave that for debate.

implement and i'll check. sorry if this came off as particularly nitpicky or what have you, but that's the only life i know :(
Ok implemented. It didn't really come off as nitpicky, IMO is really good advice

tehy

Banned deucer.
Get chekt

Delete in RED
Add in BLUE

Not much I actually added; you need a focus sash sentence in Set Details, get Moltres out of checks and counters (and feraligatr too).

What i mostly did was cut a lot of unnecessary words. all of the information contained within those words seemed to me to be not particularly relevant, but there is undeniable information there. Do whatever you want about that, but keep in mind that damn, there's a LOT of this.

Overview
########

Kricketune seems unviable at first glance, as it has a bad speed tier,(rc) horrible defenses and HP,(rc) and no offensive presence. Its bad base stats leave much to be desired. However, but it has access to Sticky Web,(rc) giving it a solid niche as a setter of Sticky Web that can the entry hazard. It also can utilize utility moves such as Knock Off and Taunt. Kricketune's horrible defenses work in its favor,(ac) as with Endeavor, it can potentially cripple many opponents.,(period to comma) However,(rc) though its offensive presence is limited to Endeavor as it cannot do much damage with its attacks. Kricketune's bad sSpeed means it can be shut down with a faster Taunt,(rc) preventing it prevented from setting up Sticky Web by a faster Taunt. Many slow but heavy hitters exist in RU, such as Clawitzer, Exploud, and Tyrantrum, who benefit greatly from Sticky Web against faster offensive teams. Kricketune also does not have good matchups versus common leads such as Taunt Cobalion, Taunt Archeops, and Crustle. Kricketune can still put in work against the common bulky teams in RU, as it can provide valuable utility with Knock Off and Taunt.

Sticky Web
########

Moves
========

Sticky Web provides valuable sSpeed control against Ooffensive teams, allowing Kricketune's team to put pressure on the opposing team. The letting members of Kricketune's team can take advantage of Sticky Web to KO frail Pokemon that would normally be faster. Knock Off is used to cripple foes who rely on their item, such as Golbat and Piloswine.,(period to comma) and It can also be used to neutralize threats with items such as Choice Scarf. Endeavor can bring opponents to 1 HP after Kricketune survives an attack with Focus Sash. However,(rc) Bug Bite can also be used as it hits harder than Knock Off,(rc) but more importantly it OHKOs and OHKOes Defog Shiftry, which can otherwise prevent Sticky Web from being set up. Taunt is used in order to prevents Defog which can remove Sticky Web, the setting of opposing entry hazards which can be annoying to remove, and any attempts at setting up from dangerous sweepers such as Feraligatr and opposing setup,(ac) all of which can be problematic.

Set Details
========

252 Attack EVs give Kricketune as much power behind Knock Off and possibly Bug Bite as possible, and 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize speed.;(period to comma, decapitalize) Iit is pointless to try and invest in bulk, as Kricketune wants to get brought down to 1 HP. Technician powers up Bug Bite to 90 base power ,(ac) and a Focus Sash (write it yourself)

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune should usually be used in the lead position, as it does not have many chances to set up Sticky Web. Sticky Web is the top priority against offensive teams and certain balanced teams, but it may be helpful to save Kricketune for later against stall, as it can still support the team with Knock Off and Taunt. Knock Off should be used against Pokemon who rely on their items, such as Golbat, while it can finish off opponents at 1 HP if need be. It is important to Knock Off the foe's or against Choice Scarf users, since the item it negates the effect of Sticky Web. Endeavor should be used after you are brought down to your Focus Sash, although keep in mind that Sticky Web is the top priority. Against stall teams, Knock Off can be helpful with removal of items such as to remove Leftovers and Eviolites. Taunt should be used against most Defoggers, unless you can OHKO them anyway. It is also important to use Taunt against set up setup sweepers,(ac) and entry hazards users,(ac) unless you can OHKO them anyways. as they will usually have a large advantage against Kricketune's team after a few boosts. Finally, it can prevent the setting of opposing entry hazards, whichou can be hard to remove without giving up momentum.This gives Kricketune a niche over other setters of Sticky Web. In the unlikely case that Sticky Web is up and Kricketune's Focus Sash is not broken, you can predict an attack and use Endeavor against faster foes. Use Taunt against setup sweepers that may be a threat, such as Huntail, and also against other entry hazard setters such as Omastar. In some cases, Kricketune should not lead, especially if the opponent has potential leads carrying Taunt such as Archeops and Cobalion. It is possible to try and save Kricketune for later against more bulky teams to cripple a member with Endeavor before it faints.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that don't lack power but are crippled by below average sSpeed such as Emboar, Exploud, Choice Band Tyrantrum, and Clawitzer make for good partners. Other Pokemon that enjoy opponents being slower still can work well, for example wWallbreakers such as Choice Specs Meloetta and Mega Glalie appreciate the speed control Kricketune provides . Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee are good partners, as they can remove entry hazards without getting rid of Sticky Web. Other entry hazard setters such as Druddigon and Sandslash can further support the team with the chip damage provided by their entry hazards. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Spiritomb are good teammates to prevent the removal of Sticky Web via Rapid Spin. Braviary makes for a good partners, as it can take advantage of Defog to get a free Defiant boost. A fast speed safety net can act as an insurance against Flying-types or if Sticky Web is removed,;(comma to semicolon) Pokemon such as Jolteon and Sneasel can perform this job well. A priority user such as the aforementioned Mega Glalie can help to pick off Pokemon weakened from Endeavor.

Other Options
########

Kricketune does not have many other options, as it should generally not run anything else other than the standard set. Some other options exist, but are not good. Toxic can be used to cripple other leads, but all of Kricketune's other moves are more useful in most situations. X-Scissor with Swarm can also be used, as it hits harder at 1 HP than Bug Bite with Technician Bug Bite.

Checks & Counters
########
Kricketune is countered by almost anything, but preventing Sticky Web from staying up and avoiding being crippled by Endeavor is what counts.

**Taunt**: Taunt users such as Archeops, Cobalion, and Mismagius who can outspeed Kricketune basically shut it down completely, although if for some reason they are switching in they have to watch out for Taunt as well.

**Multi-Hit Attackers**: Multi-hit attackers can limit Kricketune to just Sticky Web as attacks such as Rhyperior, Crustle, and Cincinno's Rock Blast will finish it off through the Sash. such as Cincinno,(ac) Rhyperior, and Crustle can take Kricketune out despite its Focus Sash,(ac) limiting it to Sticky Web or stopping it from accomplishing anything at all.(ac)

**Non-Grounded Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Moltres(not a banned mon) and Rotom-Mow can inflict heavy damage on Kricketune's team with their immunity to Sticky Web,(ac) and their since they're likely to be faster speed than most of Kricketune's teammates.

**Entry Hazard Removers**: Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee can remove Sticky Web later in the game,(ac) and cannot be stopped from doing so by Taunt taunted, although they can be spinblocked. Defog users such as Skuntank and Shiftry can do the same, although the latter has to watch out for Bug Bite.

Kricketune is countered by almost anything, but preventing Sticky Web from staying up and avoiding being crippled by Endeavor is what counts.

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2, add remove comment
stamping above with these extra things :)
Overview
########

Kricketune seems unviable at first glance, as its bad base stats leave much to be desired, but it has a solid niche as a Sticky Web setter of the entry hazard that can also utilize utility moves such as Knock Off and Taunt. Kricketune's horrible defenses work in its favor, as with Endeavor, it can potentially cripple many opponents, though its offensive presence is limited to Endeavor. Kricketune's bad Speed means it can be prevented from setting up Sticky Web by a faster Taunt, preventing it from setting up Sticky Web. Many slow but heavy hitters in RU, such as Clawitzer, Exploud, and Choice Band Tyrantrum, benefit greatly from Sticky Web against faster offensive teams. (this seems to be a good quality of Kricketune, sandwiched between two negative sentences, so I would move this elsewhere. maybe make it the second sentence?) Kricketune also does not have good matchups versus common leads such as Taunt Cobalion, Taunt Archeops, and Crustle. Kricketune can still put in work against the common bulky teams in RU, as it can provide valuable utility with Knock Off and Taunt.

Sticky Web
########

Moves
========

Sticky Web provides valuable speed control against offensive teams, letting members of Kricketune's teammates KO frail Pokemon that would normally be faster. Knock Off is used to cripple foes who that rely on their item, such as Golbat and Piloswine, and neutralize threats with items such as Choice Scarf. Endeavor can bring opponents foes down to 1 HP after Kricketune survives an attack with Focus Sash. Bug Bite hits harder than Knock Off, (remove comma) and OHKOes Defog Shiftry, which can otherwise prevent Sticky Web from being set up. Taunt prevents Defog and opposing setup, all of which can be problematic.

Set Details
========

252 Attack EVs give Kricketune as much power as possible, and 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Speed;, it is pointless to try and invest in bulk, as Kricketune wants to get brought down to 1 HP. Technician powers up Bug Bite, and a Focus Sash ensures that Kricketune can survive any one hit and set up Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune should usually be used in the lead position, as it does not have many chances to set up Sticky Web. Sticky Web is the top priority against offensive teams and certain balanced teams, but it may be helpful to save Kricketune for later against stall, as it can still support the team with Knock Off and Taunt. Knock Off should be used against Pokemon who that rely on their items, such as Golbat, or against Choice Scarf users, since as the item negates the effect of Sticky Web. Endeavor should be used after you are Kricketune is brought down to your its Focus Sash, although you should keep in mind that Sticky Web is the top priority. Against stall teams, Knock Off can be helpful to remove Leftovers and Eviolites. Taunt should be used against most Defoggers, setup sweepers, and entry hazard users, unless you can OHKO them anyways. In the unlikely case that Sticky Web is up and Kricketune's Focus Sash is not broken, you can predict an attack and use Endeavor against faster foes. Use Taunt against setup sweepers that may be a threat, such as Huntail, and also against other entry hazard setters such as Omastar. In some cases, Kricketune should not lead, especially if the opponent has potential leads carrying Taunt such as Archeops and Cobalion. It is possible to try and to save Kricketune for later against more bulky teams to cripple a member with Endeavor before it faints.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that don't lack power but are crippled by below average Speed such as Emboar, Exploud, Choice Band Tyrantrum, and Clawitzer make for good partners. Wallbreakers such as Choice Specs Meloetta and Mega Glalie appreciate the speed control Kricketune provides. Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee are good partners, as they can remove entry hazards without getting rid of Sticky Web. Other entry hazard setters such as Druddigon and Sandslash can further support the team with the chip damage provided by their entry hazards. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Spiritomb are good teammates to prevent the removal of Sticky Web via Rapid Spin. Braviary makes for a good partner, as it can take advantage of Defog to get a free Defiant boost. A fast safety net can act as an insurance against Flying-types or if Sticky Web is removed; Pokemon such as Jolteon and Sneasel can perform this job well. A priority user such as the aforementioned Mega Glalie can pick off Pokemon weakened from by Endeavor.

Other Options
########

Toxic can be used to cripple other leads, but all of Kricketune's other moves are more useful in most situations. X-Scissor with Swarm can also be used, (comma) as it hits harder at 1 HP than Technician Bug Bite.

Checks & Counters
########

Kricketune is countered by almost everything anything, but preventing Sticky Web from staying up and avoiding being crippled by Endeavor is what counts.

**Taunt**: Taunt users that can outspeed Kricketune, such as Archeops, Cobalion, and Mismagius, who can outspeed Kricketune basically shut it down completely, although if for some reason they are switching in they have to watch out for Taunt as well.

**Multi-Hit Attackers**: Multi-hit attackers such as Cinccino, Rhyperior, and Crustle can take Kricketune out despite its Focus Sash, limiting it to Sticky Web or stopping it from accomplishing anything at all.

**Non-Grounded Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Braviary and Rotom-MowC can inflict heavy damage on Kricketune's team with thanks to their immunity to Sticky Web, since as they're likely to be faster than most of Kricketune's teammates.

**Entry Hazard Removers**: Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee can remove Sticky Web later in the game, (remove comma) and cannot be stopped from doing so by Taunt, although they can be spinblocked. Defog users such as Skuntank and Shiftry can do the same, although the latter has to watch out for Bug Bite.

Deletions
Additions / Corrections
Comments

Overview
########

Kricketune seems unviable at first glance, as its bad base stats leave much to be desired, but it has a solid niche as a Sticky Web setter that can also utilize run (I'm nitpicking here, but "utilize utility" sounded a little awkward) utility moves such as Knock Off and Taunt. Many slow but heavy hitters in RU, such as Clawitzer, Exploud, and Choice Band Tyrantrum, benefit greatly from Sticky Web support against faster offensive teams. Kricketune's horrible defenses work in its favor, as with Endeavor, it can potentially cripple many opponents, though it has nothing else to offer offensively its presence is limited to Endeavor. Kricketune's bad Speed means it can be prevented from setting up Sticky Web by a faster Taunt, however, and it Kricketune also does not have good has poor matchups versus common leads such as Taunt Cobalion, Taunt Archeops, and Crustle. Kricketune can still put in work against the common bulky teams in RU, as it can provide valuable utility with Knock Off and Taunt.

Sticky Web
########

Moves
========

Sticky Web provides valuable speed control against offensive teams, letting Kricketune's teammates KO frail Pokemon that would normally be faster. Knock Off is used to cripple foes that rely on their item, such as Golbat and Piloswine, and neutralize threats with items such as Choice Scarf. Endeavor can bring foes down to 1 HP after Kricketune survives an attack with Focus Sash. Bug Bite hits harder than Knock Off and OHKOes Defog Shiftry, which can otherwise prevent Sticky Web from being set up. Taunt prevents Defog and opposing setup, all of which can be problematic.
(add line break)
Set Details
========

252 Attack EVs give Kricketune as much power as possible, and 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Speed; it is pointless to invest in bulk, as Kricketune wants to get brought down to 1 HP. Technician powers up Bug Bite, and a Focus Sash ensures that Kricketune can survive any one hit and set up Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune should usually be used in the lead position, as it does not have won't get many chances to set up Sticky Web otherwise. Sticky Web is the top priority against offensive teams and certain balanced teams, but it may be helpful to save Kricketune for later against stall, as it can still support the team with Knock Off and Taunt. Knock Off should be used against Pokemon that rely on their items, such as Golbat, or against Choice Scarf users, as the item negates the effect of Sticky Web. Endeavor should be used after Kricketune is brought down to its Focus Sash, although you should keep in mind that Sticky Web is the top priority. Against stall teams, Knock Off can be helpful to remove Leftovers and Eviolites. Taunt should be used against most Defoggers, setup sweepers, and entry hazard users, unless you Kricketune (I'm assuming this is what you meant, because 'you' refers to the user, not the Pokemon) can OHKO them anyway. In the unlikely case that Sticky Web is up and Kricketune's Focus Sash is not broken, you can predict an attack and use Endeavor against faster foes. Use Taunt against setup sweepers that may be a threat, such as Huntail, and also against other entry hazard setters such as Omastar. In some cases, Kricketune should not lead, especially if the opponent has potential leads carrying Taunt-carrying leads such as Archeops and Cobalion. It is possible to try to save Kricketune for later against more bulky teams to cripple a member with Endeavor before it faints.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that don't lack power but are crippled by below average Speed, (add comma) such as Emboar, Exploud, Choice Band Tyrantrum, and Clawitzer, (add comma) make for good partners. Wallbreakers such as Choice Specs Meloetta and Mega Glalie appreciate the speed control Kricketune provides. Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee are good partners, as they can remove entry hazards without getting rid of Sticky Web. Other entry hazard setters such as Druddigon and Sandslash can further support the team with the chip damage provided by their entry hazards. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Spiritomb are good teammates to prevent the removal of Sticky Web via Rapid Spin. Braviary makes for a good partner, as it can take advantage of Defog to get a free Defiant boost. A fast safety net can act as an insurance against Flying-types or if Sticky Web is removed; Pokemon such as Jolteon and Sneasel can perform this job well. A priority user such as the aforementioned Mega Glalie can pick off Pokemon weakened by Endeavor.

Other Options
########

Toxic can be used to cripple other leads, but all of Kricketune's other moves are more useful in most situations. X-Scissor with Swarm can also be used, as it hits harder at 1 HP than Technician Bug Bite.

Checks & Counters
########

Kricketune is countered by almost everything, but preventing Sticky Web from staying up and avoiding being crippled by Endeavor is what counts. (Check the analysis format; I don't think you can have a stand-alone paragraph like this in Checks & Counters)

**Taunt**: Taunt users that can outspeed Kricketune, such as Archeops, Cobalion, and Mismagius, (add comma) basically shut it down completely, although if for some reason they are switching in they have to watch out for Taunt as well.

**Non-Grounded Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Braviary and Rotom-C can inflict heavy damage on Kricketune's team thanks to their immunity to Sticky Web, as they're likely to be faster than most of Kricketune's teammates.

**Entry Hazard Removers**: Rapid Spin users such as Hitmonlee can remove Sticky Web later in the game and cannot be stopped from doing so by Taunt, although they can be spinblocked. Defog users such as Skuntank and Shiftry can do the same, although the latter has to watch out for Bug Bite.

GP 2 / 2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)