Krookodile [QC 2/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For Spikes support, I'd specify some good users of the move. Some of these include Roserade, Froslass, and Chesnaught (and Smeargle too I guess). Roserade could remove Suicune and other Bulky Waters for Krookodile, while in general hitting hard. Wish support should also get some specific mentions, such as Florges. Also try to mention some stuff that are good at handling Fighting-types, such as Florges (I guess lol) or things like Cofagrigus.

I'd also mention Krookodile is rather frail and has a ton of weaknesses so its defensive use is somewhat limited. It's also sorta weak, so don't expect it to be doing that well against defensive teams anytime soon unless they are heavily weakened.

Just some thoughts.

Physically defensive can opt to run enough speed to outpace Mew and Victini after -1 from V-Create. This basically means it outspeeds and can taunt every wall in the game, a big point that makes that set more viable. Sableye to C&C. With Toxic, mention that Taunt Toxic acts as a great Stallbreaker and Knock off adds to that even further.

You've got the ladybug, I think i can trust you know what you're doing with analyses since this is only the skeleton. QC 1/3

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
QC Approved 2/3 Forgot to tell you about the LO offensive rocks set with intimidate on irc but it really shouldn't exist, change that to 4 attacks moxie and put SR in the set details as an option if really necessary.

Last edited:
Physically defensive can opt to run enough speed to outpace Mew and Victini after -1 from V-Create. This basically means it outspeeds and can taunt every wall in the game, a big point that makes that set more viable. Sableye to C&C. With Toxic, mention that Taunt Toxic acts as a great Stallbreaker and Knock off adds to that even further.

You've got the ladybug, I think i can trust you know what you're doing with analyses since this is only the skeleton. QC 1/3
-1 252+ Spe Victini = 218 Spe
0 Spe Krookodile = 220 Spe
I didn't bother with Mew because Mew runs enough for Honchkrow anyway, so you can't outrun that without creeping. But yeah, I'll write this up soon.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A Life Orb Moxie offensive set is perfectly viable, without Stealth Rocks.

That being said, it should probably be placed over the Life Orb Intimidate Stealth Rocks set... I don't think that's even remotely viable.

edit: Oh, Royalty already said this...

Last edited:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Physically Defensive
########
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Stealth Rock / Toxic
ability: Intimidate
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Impish
Physically Defensive
########
evs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe

Outspeeding Spdef Mew is probably a good idea(as well as offensive Nidoqueen)

Physically Defensive
########
evs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe

Outspeeding Spdef Mew is probably a good idea(as well as offensive Nidoqueen)
Running that much Speed for Mew would be creeping because it outruns the set that outruns Honchkrow, not 0 Spe Mew, and outrunning 0 Spe Mew would be pointless, and this set ties with the Nidoqueen set in the analysis, which is outrunning certain things (-1 Victini, Max Spe Empoleon, Defensive Rose), so EVing it to outrun Nidoqueen would also be creeping.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
Running that much Speed for Mew would be creeping because it outruns the set that outruns Honchkrow, not 0 Spe Mew, and outrunning 0 Spe Mew would be pointless, and this set ties with the Nidoqueen set in the analysis, which is outrunning certain things (-1 Victini, Max Spe Empoleon, Defensive Rose), so EVing it to outrun Nidoqueen would also be creeping.
zzzzzz fine dont come crying to me when your krook gets burned because you couldnt taunt it or gets OHKO'd by Ice Beam because you couldnt outspeed and kill with EQ

Everyone runs creep when the play on defensive mons, we just aren't permitted to allow it since it could then just go back and forward. Making snide remarks about something logical in nature (the fact that we can't allow creep) is a bit ridiculous.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
Everyone runs creep when the play on defensive mons, we just aren't permitted to allow it since it could then just go back and forward. Making snide remarks about something logical in nature (the fact that we can't allow creep) is a bit ridiculous.
Defensive Krookodile is not relevant enough to creep for on Mew so i think it can be allowed on this mon.

Choice Band Intimidate is pretty great right now, ridiculous strong knock off means it requires zero prediction to use, intimidate gives it some great switch in opportunities, checks lucario like a boss even if theres hazards on the field, its a lot better than scarf on this bulkier meta and deserves to be a main set.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
yeah sorry to go against what others have said but LO Intimidate + rocks (or just plain lo + intimidate) is arguably even better than moxie. 92 speed really isn't all that good, and the Intimidate can fake a lot of people into thinking you're physically defensive and taking shitloads of damage they don't want to take *_*

I haven't played UU in a while, could someone else take over this and update it for the current metagame to finish it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)