SM OU Kyu-Beatdown (Offense)

This team right here I made a few days ago and I'm trying to push to Mid/High ladder with this team.

The objective is to trap Pokemon that can wall Kyurem-B and either outright kill them or hurt them and to get Kyu-B in a pivot though Volt Switch, U-Turn, or Healing Wish when Kyurem gets statused and/or hurt.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
Kyurem B is the Star of this team. It's fast enough to absolutely plow through teams late game, and Celebi support really keeps this Pokemon going strong. The Icium Z helps as it can fake a Choice Scarf. Freeze Shock is it's first move, Paired with Icium Z becomes a 200BP Physical Ice Nuke that Kyurem-B really needs. Subzero Slammer dents normal switch-ins to Kyu-B, like Ferrothorn. However Freeze Shock can be used in rare occasions, such as a Protect-Spamming opponent or a switch into Chancey, which usually walls the LO Kyu-B and Choice Scarf set. Fusion Bolt is your go-to for Water/Flying monsters such as Peliper, Manaphy, Charizard Y, and Skarmory. This gives Kyu-B the Boltbeam-esqe coverage of Electric Ice. I opted for Earth Power as my third move. Although many could argue Roost is a better choice, being able to hit Rotom-W, Heatran, and Diancie is pretty nifty. Ice Beam is last to have a secondary reliable Ice Move (And Special SubZero Slammer on Defensive Mons). Ice beam tears through Mega Venusaur thanks to Teravolt, as well as Lando and Latios.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave

Celebi is the Scottie Pippin of this team, paralyzing anything faster than Kyu-B, beating bulky Water Grounds, and giving Kyurem a free Pivot and Full restore with Healing Wish. It also eats burns, paralysis, and poison for days thanks to Natural Cure. This is the Standard Smogon EV set with Giga Drain to beat Rotom-Wash and bulky Ground/Water like Quagsire and Hippodown. Recover is simply to keep this thing healthy and to stall out weaker pokemon. Healing Wish allows to play Kyurem more aggressively, maybe let it take damage to kill a worrisome threat and go leave it in the back ready for a nice Healing Wish. Thunder Wave lastly just paralyzes Pokemon faster than Kyurem, like M-Metagross and Scarf abusers.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Landorus is this teams first Pivot and also it's Rock setter. Lando gets a nice Intimidate drop, weakening Physical Attackers that it switches into. This also eats bulky physical hits, similar to Celebi, and has the Rocky helmet chip damage as well. Standard Gen 7 Lando with Earthquake for STAB hitting anything that doesn't resist/ignore for good damage, Stealth Rock to help Kyu-B break through Sashes, Hidden Power Ice to deal with Enemy Landorus and Garchomp, and U-Turn for Momentum and for a safe Kyu-B switchin.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone is the dedicated Trapper of this team, making as the Steel types suffer unless they cover some sort of Fighting move. It beats Non-Hidden Power locked Magnezone, Ferrothorn,Non-Earthquake Celesteela, Non-Superpower Scizor, and Skarmory, which are less burdens stoppoing Kyu-B from sweeping. Volt Switch is a great move, after killing Celesteela or Skarmory you can send in your Kyu-B and just win if you have the threats beaten down. HPFire beats Scizor and Ferrothorn, which are HUGE threats for Kyurem-B (Although the latter must watch out for Subzero Slammer). Flash Cannon beats Pokemon such as Tapu Lele, Magearna, Tapu Bulu, and Ground Switchins. Lastly, Thunderbolt hits Water types and helps deal with Sturdy Skarmory.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Muk-Alola is just great for answering Psychic Spammers such as Tapu Lele and M-Alakazam. It can Pursuit trap Psychic Types like the two mentioned earlier. Knock off also is good on a predicted switch to remove items, and can Poison thanks to its ability. Poison Jab is a good Poison stab and has a 50% poison chance, making it great to whittle down switchins to this beast. Shadow Sneak is good to hit Alakazam first and spread a 30% priority poison chance, and clean low HP Pokemon. Assualt Vest makes Tapu Lele's Moonblast to have a 99.9% chance to 4KO and Lele's HP ground does less. Also sponges Special hits well as long as they aren't Ground attacks or Choiced Specs

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Latios is the last Pokemon on this team, Dropping LO-Boosted Draco-Meteors and revenging Enemy Kyu-B (If they arent Choice Scarf). Just watch out as it leaves you vulnerable after its use. Psyshock hits Chancey better than Draco, and Still hits Fighting types like Keldeo pretty nicely. Recover is to allow this pokemon to switch into and Remove Rocks from the field more effeciently while recovering SR + LO damage. Lastly, Defog removes the Hazards on both player's fields, but be wary of Defiant Bisharp, who can get +2 and proceed to trap you

Team :
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Changelog

No changes made yet

Replays

I've been using your team and I feel like it is weak to hp fire magearna+eq scolipede core
Team is a little Weak to EQ + Hydro Vortex Scolipede, however Magearna is beaten by Magnezone as long as it doesn't carry Z-Aura Sphere, and can be revenged by Kyu-B. Scolipede is harder, but I don't really have any idea on how to fix my team to answer that besides just baiting the Water Z-Move. I'd run Chomp but the Intimidate + U Turn is good for weakening Physical Attackers and slow pivoting in Kyurem

I see you are new to smogon as whole. Welcome!

I'm afraid that your team is not very good and won't be without major changes. You auto lose to many common threads including mega metagross, volcarona, zardY.

First of all your team have only one wallbreaker and no sweepers. They are bread and butter of offensive team. You also lack good pivots.

Let's start with your Kyurem. I think that standard LO set or Hone Claw is more reliable at breaking walls, dealing with balance and stall. Hone Claw is one gold nugget, really good set despite that it is not popular.

Celebi is very mediocre at this meta. Sp Def Jirachi is much better option since it amazing definsive type allowing it to pivot into tapu lele and others and it still has healing wish support. Moreover with shuca berry you can lure mega metagross and pass that yellow magic.

You can't really crew up lando t in this gen so it is fine.

Get rid of both Muk and Magnezone. You are not that weak to steels or tapu lele right now so you don't need them! At this slot let's put 2 nice sweepers in scarf gengar and gyarados. Scarf gengar is perfect scarfer for teams like that because it is extremely fast, can spam shadow ball freely and only scarfer that outspeed is still loses to it 1v1. It is also great pheromosa chech. Gyarados is amazing, anti meta set up sweeper, also not weak to pheromosa.

At last we have latios. Defog latios is not really most realiable at it job and it is meiocre damage dealer. In this team, in theory you should run some kind of hazard remover but honestly I think that is better to prevent hazards than remove them. So you have 2 options:
1. Run standard tapu fini on last slot
2. Run suicide lead instead of lando-t, run specs dragalge on last slot and have ACTUAL VOLCARONA ANSERW.

Is up to you, however I think that last option is better one.

Importable option 1:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hone Claws
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Surf
- Defog
- Taunt

Importable option 2:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Hone Claws
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Serious Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Have fun!

I see you are new to smogon as whole. Welcome!

I'm afraid that your team is not very good and won't be without major changes. You auto lose to many common threads including mega metagross, volcarona, zardY.

First of all your team have only one wallbreaker and no sweepers. They are bread and butter of offensive team. You also lack good pivots.

Let's start with your Kyurem. I think that standard LO set or Hone Claw is more reliable at breaking walls, dealing with balance and stall. Hone Claw is one gold nugget, really good set despite that it is not popular.

Celebi is very mediocre at this meta. Sp Def Jirachi is much better option since it amazing definsive type allowing it to pivot into tapu lele and others and it still has healing wish support. Moreover with shuca berry you can lure mega metagross and pass that yellow magic.

You can't really crew up lando t in this gen so it is fine.

Get rid of both Muk and Magnezone. You are not that weak to steels or tapu lele right now so you don't need them! At this slot let's put 2 nice sweepers in scarf gengar and gyarados. Scarf gengar is perfect scarfer for teams like that because it is extremely fast, can spam shadow ball freely and only scarfer that outspeed is still loses to it 1v1. It is also great pheromosa chech. Gyarados is amazing, anti meta set up sweeper, also not weak to pheromosa.

At last we have latios. Defog latios is not really most realiable at it job and it is meiocre damage dealer. In this team, in theory you should run some kind of hazard remover but honestly I think that is better to prevent hazards than remove them. So you have 2 options:
1. Run standard tapu fini on last slot
2. Run suicide lead instead of lando-t, run specs dragalge on last slot and have ACTUAL VOLCARONA ANSERW.

Is up to you, however I think that last option is better one.

Importable option 1:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Hone Claws
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Surf
- Defog
- Taunt

Importable option 2:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Hone Claws
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Serious Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Have fun!
This team I have tested out, it is weak to Continental Crush Landorus and Priority Pokemon such as Klefki. I also have no Status absorber and Rotom is also threatening to this team. SD Mimikyu is a pain vs this team because it has no resist to Ghost+Fairy

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)