OU Kyurem-B

I have not tested Scarf Kyu-B, but i can't see why it would be better than the monstrous Sub Kyu-B sets, one of the best ways to punish Rotom-W, which is everywhere. Also, when i used Kyu-B without Sub i didn't really find a 4th coverage move necessary at all, so Roost was a way better choice, providing my team with a reliable Rotom-W switch-in and a way to offset SR damage, for teams that can't afford to use Rapid Spin or Defog. Also, thanks to its excellent super effective coverage, Expert Belt should definitely be slashed with LO on the Roost set, and get a set comments mention at least on the Sub set.

Also, i agree with Gary, the Sub set should be Sub / Ice Beam / Earth Power / Fusion Bolt, with nothing slashed. All of the moves are too vital to pass up.
I have a scarf EV spread for cube that you may have not found which is why your probably don't think it's better, it's mostly a revenge kill set as it's able to ohko or 2hko a lot of pokemon

EV Spread is 146 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 112 Spd with a Rash or Mild Nature
Fusion Bolt, Outrage, Ice Beam, Earth Power

The speed EV's ensure you can outspeed and revenge kill everything up to jolteon's speed which eliminates a lot of pokes, the offensive EV's pretty much ensure you can always 2hko rotom depending on whether its phys def or spec def, you can outspeed an revenge kill mega lucario who iirc cannot ohko you unboosted with priority. when fairies and steels are dead you're free to spam speedy outrages to tear apart your opponents team. It's a pretty solid revenge killer and I can vouch for it personally (and also the other people who I have gave this EV spread to say it's fantastic) I was losing a match 5-3, I got this scarf cube set on the field and in 3 turns I was 3-2 in front and the next time I got cube on the field he demolished what was left and won me the game.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
QC APPROVED 1/3

Just make the edits I mentioned to you on IRC (give the first set max Speed and slash Dragon Tail before Dragon Claw).

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I've never had any problems with the old spread on first set. Any specific threats?
It's not a huge deal, but he might as well just max his Speed in order to beat Jolly Gyarados, and at worst tie with other neutral Kyurem-B and Gliscor.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Checks and Counters said:
AV Tyranitar isn't 2HKOed by anything but Outrage, walling and easily taking out Sub and special mixed variants with Stone Edge.
SpD Tyranitar doesn't need AV to wall Sub Kyu-B, so be sure to change the wording to say that SpD Tyranitar in general walls Sub Kyu-B. Also DD Mega Ttar takes little from all of Sub Kyu-B's attacks, sets up on its face, and OHKOes.

Also, add AV Excadrill and AV Conkeldurr as checks.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I think that you should emphasize a little more how kyu-b breaks common cores like venutran and rotom-w/lando-t so well. That's a very important perk to him that he has over other dragons like dnite or garchomp, breaking through lando-t is no easy task for them.

I was just doing some browsing on serebii and saw a physical ice-type move called Freeze Shock with 140 bp in Kyurem B's moveset. Granted, it's a two-turn move, so its utility isn't great, but having a physical ice-type STAB is something Kyurem B has always desperately wanted. I'll leave it to QC to decide its viability, but I think it warrants discussion at least.

IIRC it was used a bit when Kyu-B was Uber, dunno if it's still viable, especially in that Scizor/Tran/Rotom/Aegislash/Azumarill filled metagame.

That's true. The opportunity cost required may be too high for its use, especially since the threats you mentioned can easily take advantage of the two turns required. I suppose it could see use late game, or when you absolutely need something dead. Alternatively, a gimmicky set with power herb could be used, but that's a one time thing. Might have some surprise factor, but i doubt freeze shock'll see much use on its standard sets.

About Freeze Shock, it's actually better on the sub sets, just sayin. It uses the same principle as sub-focus punch and is therefore more effective on sub variants of cube, losing a sub is better than losing your pokemon. I would suggest you mention it on the sub set rather than the choice banded set since the band set needs damage on turn 1 rather than 2. That being said though Ice Beam should always be the priority choice since it's a 1 turn move and doesn't unnecessarily sac your sub to use it.

Following what PkMn said, a freeze shock mention makes most sense on a physically based sub set. It's about the only set that won't leave you open to immediate punishment, and would surprise the shit out of a blob. I think that's about all it could kill that Ice Beam doesn't already hit.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Remove Cofagrigus from checks and counters, it is 3HKOed by Ice Beam at worst and can't 2HKO back.

PkMn Gravija Hibiki

Show logs of Freeze Shock + Substitute working, or your suggestions are empty and theoretical at best.
It doesn't work really, like it doesn't work on the choice banded sets (where it's suggested on the analysis). I already stated that ice beam is the better option, at least read what's been said and wrote before you come at me like that or your argument is "empty and theoretical at best".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)