Pokémon Kyurem-Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me again why this thing isn't in Ubers?

- Scarf Kyurem can sweep teams late game without setup (see Talonflame)
- Substitute Kyurem can setup on a bad match-up and sweep without boosts
- Banded Kyurem breaks any wall that doesn't resist it (namely, Ferrothorn) without boosts.

If I am forced to run a dedicated counter to this thing in any team I use, shouldn't that alone be grounds for banning?

Edit: and please, "it doesn't have recovery" is *not* the reason. It has access to Roost.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tell me again why this thing isn't in Ubers?

- Scarf Kyurem can sweep teams late game without setup (see Talonflame)
- Substitute Kyurem can setup on a bad match-up and sweep without boosts
- Banded Kyurem breaks any wall that doesn't resist it (namely, Ferrothorn) without boosts.

If I am forced to run a dedicated counter to this thing in any team I use, shouldn't that alone be grounds for banning?
Kyurem-B suffers from a mediocre typing, stealth rock weakness, and an average Speed stat, which is very problematic considering how fast paced the metagame is. Just because it has no counters does not automatically mean it is broken. The Life Orb set falls into that category since it can technically 2HKO the entire tier with a given coverage move, and while the scarf set cleans up weakened offensive teams, it is very easy to exploit when locked into a move.
There are a plethora of Pokemon that can easily revenge kill it such as mega lopunny, mega metagross, keldeo, mega diancie, gengar, latios, scizor, etc.

Kyurem-B suffers from a mediocre typing, stealth rock weakness, and an average Speed stat, which is very problematic considering how fast paced the metagame is. Just because it has no counters does not automatically mean it is broken. The Life Orb set falls into that category since it can technically 2HKO the entire tier with a given coverage move, and while the scarf set cleans up weakened offensive teams, it is very easy to exploit when locked into a move.
There are a plethora of Pokemon that can easily revenge kill it such as mega lopunny, mega metagross, keldeo, mega diancie, gengar, latios, scizor, etc.
The point is that anyone with a brain can build around these weaknesses. Stealth rock weakness? Run Rapid Spin / Defog users. Mediocre speed? Run Sticky Web users. With two supporting Pokemon, you have removed the majority of the reasons this isn't considered Uber. Type match-ups? Again, just use your brain. Save it for middle-to-late game sweeping, after its "checks" have been dealt with.

I remain unconvinced that this should not be in Ubers. Its base stats and move pool are too good, and in conjunction with smart team-building, it's incredibly annoying to deal with.

The point is that anyone with a brain can build around these weaknesses. Stealth rock weakness? Run Rapid Spin / Defog users. Mediocre speed? Run Sticky Web users. With two supporting Pokemon, you have removed the majority of the reasons this isn't considered Uber. Type match-ups? Again, just use your brain. Save it for middle-to-late game sweeping, after its "checks" have been dealt with.

I remain unconvinced that this should not be in Ubers. Its base stats and move pool are too good, and in conjunction with smart team-building, it's incredibly annoying to deal with.
This isn't the place to discuss potential bans; if you want to do that, PM a mod or whatever or wait until a specific thread comes up for it. This thread is purely to discuss Kyurem-B's potential and sets in OU and not if it's Ubers potential - and believe me, there are things far more deserving of a suspect right now.

This isn't the place to discuss potential bans; if you want to do that, PM a mod or whatever or wait until a specific thread comes up for it. This thread is purely to discuss Kyurem-B's potential and sets in OU and not if it's Ubers potential - and believe me, there are things far more deserving of a suspect right now.
Instead of "go away" it would be nice if you could link me to the right location to discuss this. "PM a mod" isn't terribly helpful. Thanks.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Lol ok gonna nip this in the butt before it gets out of hand cause my brain is going numb with just three comments. If you're giving yourself the illusion that you'll always have a dedicated counter to everything then you're playing the wrong tier, especially in ORAS where you have to dance around threats even more dangerous than Kyurem-B, yes there are most definitely more dangerous threats than Kyurem-B please stop exaggerating its effectiveness lol. "Anyone with a brain" is hands down the most petty excuse I have seen so far to justify your point about a potential ban, which isn't suppose to be discussed in the sub-forums to begin with. If you can't build your team to account Kyurem-B and you put yourself in a position to succumb to all those issues you laid out right off the bat, go to team-builder and get back to work. This isn't the place to discuss bans and this mostly certainly isn't the place to throw around comments like "anyone with a brain".

You would PM a OU council member for anything pertaining to bans and suspects not here. Nobody cares if you remain unconvinced cause being unconvinced doesn't change the fact you're not even adhering to the basics of the sub-forum in general. Read the rules at the top of the sub-forum and do not continue suspect talk.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Instead of "go away" it would be nice if you could link me to the right location to discuss this. "PM a mod" isn't terribly helpful. Thanks.
If you're serious about wanting to ban Kyurem-B, you'd have to make a PM with all the users here: The OU Council. Make sure your PM is very informative and clearly shows why you think it's broken. As long as it is, they should consider it, but don't necessarily expect them to agree with you.

BTW this post should mark the end of all ban-related posts.

If you're serious about wanting to ban Kyurem-B, you'd have to make a PM with all the users here: The OU Council. Make sure your PM is very informative and clearly shows why you think it's broken. As long as it is, they should consider it, but don't necessarily expect them to agree with you.

BTW this post should mark the end of all ban-related posts.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)