Kyurem's Army

Introduction:
Hello, my name is Brawlfest! I've created RMT's in NU and UU, but I am going to give my OU team a shot now. Kyurem's army. It's centered around SubRoost Kyurem. No. Not Kyurem-Black. Kyurem. Although it's outclassed, it is a true threat on the field. With Ice Beam and Earth Power, it hits the entire OU tier like a truck, and with SubRoost, it's near impossible to take down. Pair it with a decent core, and it becomes a absolute monster. I hope you enjoy the RMT, and have tons of advice to help the team!

The Team:

冰龙:
Kyurem @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 220 SAtk / 236 Spd / 52 HP
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

The star of the show. And for a good reason. When I was scrolling through TeamBuilder the other day, I saw Kyurem in BL. The first thing that came to mind was why. I had never seen the thing in OU or Ubers, so I decided to do some research. On Smogon, I did see this set which was quite intriguing. Unlike most of the Kyurem-B sets which often are purely offensive, this set relies on Kyurem's amazing bulk to create one of the hardest hitters in the metagame. One thing that Kyurem has over Kyurem-B though, is the element of surprise. Most people don't actually know what it does. Well, this team is here to show them. Wreck their team. Ice Beam is your primary STAB move, which in the OU metagame hits so hard it isn't even funny. Dragonite? Psh die. Skarmory? You ain't taking no Ice Beam. Earth Power adds to the humiliation with amazing coverage with Ice Beam. Roost and Substitute keep you around for so long the opponent will run out of tears. This thing is amazing.

Lucky Charms:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- U-turn

If any of you have read my other RMT's, you know I love pivots. Well, Jirachi has been my OU pivot in nearly every OU team I have ever made, and it does a damn good job of it. Specially defensive Jirachi especially, helps start this team's defensive core. This Jirachi is probably one of the most important pokemon on this team. With Thunder Wave, it can reliably spread the paralysis, unlike Body Slam which only has a 60% chance of it. Iron Head and U-Turn come standard, and wish support is huge on a team like this, which almost requires instant recovery in a moment's notice. Well, Jirachi is here to provide just that. While Iron Head and U-Turn are very standard, they are nonetheless the most effective moves Jirachi has to do, and it does them ever so perfectly.

C'est un Piège:
Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Trick

CM Gothitelle might be good, but Specs Gothitelle is downright monstrous. 474 Special Attack is nothing to toy around with, and nothing is surviving. Psyshock helps destroy just about everything. Barely do I ever see a pokemon who is below 50% who can live a Psyshock from this thing. Thunderbolt covers things like Politoed and Skarmory. Signal Beam rounds off my coverage against other Psychics. Trick is the most important move in here though. Set Up sweepers get trapped, tricked and are ruined. This is very important, due to my entire team being very susceptible to Set Up, which make's Gothitelle's Trick ever so more important. This thing is my go to response to things like Reuniclus and Toxicroak, as well as other bulky offensive threats.

2¢ per Load:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

My second part of my defensive core. This is my counter to every Physically Offensive poke, and every rain team. Hydro Pump does massive damage to anything that wants to take a load from the washing machine (if you know what I mean). Volt Switch brings me great momentum which is huge when I suddenly need the upper hand. Will-O-Wisp burns through Walls and Physical Attackers, rendering them utterly useless. Pain Split keeps me around for ages, so that we can continue to tango. I don't care what people say, defensive Rotom-W is always better than the scarfed variant, as while that can adapt to any situation, this one creates the situation.

James Moriarty:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

This is my check to every Sun team which tries to stand in my way. Heatran marks the end of my defensive core, but he definitely goes out with a boom. It helps me set up those stealth rocks, which are very important to my team. Lava Plume is a great STAB with a great secondary effect. Earth Power helps me check all of them big fire types. Toxic wrecks those walls that stand in my way. Heatran might not be pretty, but he is a miracle worker! Fire Steel is amazing typing, accompanied with a great Ability, Moveset, and Stats. Nothing stands in Heatrans way, lest it be burnt to smithereens.

Paper Shredder:
Paper Shredder (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

My choice scarfer of choice, Garchomp does exactly what I need it to. With massive attack and speed, even most other Choice Scarfers don't get a chance to outspeed it before getting smacked down with an Outrage or Earthquake. In combination with Fire Fang and Stone Edge, nothing can take a hit like a man. Combine this with Rough Skin, to put pressure on Physical Attackers, and you have yourself a true threat. Once the steel types are out of the way, Garchomp can come in, and wreck shop with an amazingly powerful outrage, which no non-steel in their right mind is going to stay in and take.

Past Members:
  • Terrakion (Gengis Khan)
  • Ferrothorn (Sarlacc)
  • Gengar (Mad Hatter)
If you have any advice on movesets, members, or Ev spreads, please feel happy to post below!
Cheers,
Brawlfest

Guys, one quick question. I'm starting to see flaws in Heatran, would ferrothorn suit the position better, or should I keep Heatran?

You got Heatran on there to counter sun teams, so I don't know how ferrothorn would be a better choice... Unless you meant for something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)