Lairon (Bulky Set)

[OBS: Lairon belongs to the PU tier, but i use pokémon from all tiers when giving examples]

2100149-death_note_3.gif

Overview
#######
Lairon has the one of the higgest base defense of all pokemon, with 140 base defense. If this pokémon runs Eviolite, it will have a 50% defense bonus, ending up with a RIDICULOUS 210 BASE DEF,(higger than Aggron`s) and a decent base 75 SpDef. Unfortunately, Lairon`s HP is low, with 60 base HP, but this issue can be fixed with the EV distribuction. As a physically deffensive pokemon, it may not be used in front of specially offensive pokemon unless they are weak to steel-type (examples: Geomancy Xerneas/ Wigglytuff/ Aurorus) because it migt survive only a single hit, or not even that, considering the base SpAtk of pokemon like Xerneas. It is very s low too, so the player needs to predict every single move the opponent does. Overall, Lairon has awessome bulk and can destroy any pokemon that stands in his way, but only if the trainer makes the right decisions.

The Great Tank
#########
name: The Great Tank
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Curse
move 4: Heavy Slam
Ability: Heavy Metal
item: Eviolite
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpDef / 36 Def

Moves
============
-ResTalk grants that Lairon will stay in field long enough to curse untill he reaches 4x atk and def, as well letting him sweep every single threat to the teammates
-Curse is his set-up move, giving a boost to def and attack. Lairon alredy is a slow pokémon, so nobody cares about the speed drop. With his attack maxed, Lairon can OHKO almost any pokemon that doesn`t resist heavy slam, his main stab, and it can 2HKO almost any pokemon.
-Heavy Slam is his main stab. Why Heavy Slam over Iron Head? Simply because of his ability, Heavy Metal. With his ability, Lairon have 2x weight, and that means 2x base power for heavy slam, making it more reliable over Iron Head.

Set Details
===========
-252 EVs on HP to make Lairon reach a good 324 HP stat and making it bulkyer
-220 EVs on SpDef and careful nature for Lairon to survive a hit or maybe two from special attackers, giving him the chance to heal and switch
-36 EVs on Def to help him surviving physical hits and becomming the greatest wall ever

Usage Tips
==========
-Lairon can switch onto physical attackers such as Golem, Gyarados and Landorous-T to cripple the opponent`s strategy and force a switch, giving Lairon a free turn to heal or set up curse.
-Torkoal and Defensive Probopass variants are also good switch-ins.
-Lairon is immune to toxic, so it´s a good switch-in when dealing with stall pokémon that use toxic
-Avoid pokemon that usually carry fighting type coverage moves such as Kingles, Flygon, Rock type pokemon and Scizor
-Keep Liron at full health if it is needed to check important targets, for example, Machamp, that usually carry Dynamic Punch, a move that can OHKO Lairon if not at full health and at least one curse set up. If you, reader, wants an example, i wil give you. One day i had the idea of using Lairon in the Ubers tier, and i sweeped 3 teams, one after another. My greatest issue was dealing with a No Guard Dynamic Punch Machoke that took me 1/4 of my HP when i had 4x def (8 curse boosts). I had 4x attack, so i just Heavy Slammed it out the battle, but if i had no curse boosts Machoke would`ve taken me out.

Team Options
==========
-Specially defensive foes such as Blissey, Probopass, Bastiodon, Dusknoir, Shuckle, Regice, Lugia etc are welcome as teammates because of their capabillity to handle Special Attackers such as Mega Alakazam, Aegislash, Vaporeon,Mega Houndoom and Volcarona.
-Ghost types are great switch-ins when Lairon is threatened by fighting-types because of their immunity. Mega Gengar is a specially great option because of his ability (Shadow Tag) that can lock the fighting type in field and then destroy it with a Dazzling Gleam.
-Hazard Removers such as Armaldo, Torkoal, and Togetic make decent partners as Lairon has to keep his HP as high as possible in order to take hits and set up
-Revenge Killers such as Choice Scarf Garchomp can avenge Lairon if he gets wrecked by the opponent
-Fighting Resists such as Togetic and Arbok can switch on fighting-moves aimed at Lairon.
-Grass, Water and Ice-types that are fast or carry priority moves are wellcome to deal with ground types that can inflict stab 4x super effective earthquakes on Lairon
-Grass and Electric-types are also good to deal with water-types, but dealing with fighting and ground is always a priority.

Checks and Counters
============
***Phisically Defensive Pokemon***Mega Steelix, Mega Slowbro and Aggron can wall Heavy Slam with no problem if Lairon has less than 8 curse set ups. They also can inflict super effective damage to destroy Lairon, specially Slowbro since it`s a special attacker.

***Pokemon with Super-Effective Coverage***- Scald, Low Kick, and Earth Power hit Lairon very hard and are common coverage moves on most offensive pokemon. Examples of pokemon who carry these moves include Simipour, Kingler, and Diancie.

***Special Attackers***All Special Attackers that I mentioned before are serious threats to Lairon tanky sweeper strategy, since his only chance to survive Special hits are the EVs and the Careful nature

***Stealth Rock***Stealth Rock severely reduces Lairon's ability to switch in and tank hits.

***Scalders and Will-O-Wispers***Those pokémon can half Lairon`s attack, as well taking 1/10 HP per round, reducing his cappacity of being a physicall tank

[Sorry if i made any grammar mistakes, im brazilian and English isn`t my first language :( ]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)