RU Land of Confusion

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by HonestConman, Feb 18, 2012.

1. HonestConman

HonestConman

Hello all. This is my third RMT, and once again it's for a team that needs a LOT of work and will probably generate a lot of laughs, but I figured it never hurts to try. This is also my first RU RMT, so, yeah, here goes

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Team:

[​IMG]
    Trllface.jpg @ Focus Sash
    Technician
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    -Magic Coat
    -Spore
    -Seismic Toss
    -U-Turn

...And here's where the laughter starts. The initial thought behind Smeargle was that if I threw in a Magic Coat set, I wouldn't have to worry about hazards. After that, the idea was to make a Smeargle set that wasn't Taunt bait and might be able to force a few switches. Spore is a Smeargle staple, Seismic Toss does a fair amount of damage to things that are lighter on HP, U-Turn allows me to scout for Pokemon that may need to switch in after being crippled. Unfortunately, he isn't really working properly (surprise, surprise), and he probably needs to go. I don't know what else could use Magic Coat though...

[​IMG]
    Honey Badger @ Leftovers
    Chlorophyll
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    -Wish
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Roar

Now HERE'S a set that actually works like it's supposed to. Leafeon is the main cleric for my team. Like it's namesake, Leafeon really doesn't give a damn. It takes most physical hits very well barring crits and such. Wish/Protect allows quick and reliable healing for my teammates (particularly Smeargle), Toxic makes walls that aren't name Munchlax much easier to deal with, and Roar cancels stat boosts from Crustle, Cofagrigus, and others. Thinking about replacing Roar with Heal Bell, thoughts?

[​IMG]
    Jewish @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Pain Split
    -Thunder Wave
    -Shadow Ball

Yet another set that doesn't work like it's supposed to. I built this set envisioning a more specially defensive variant of the Sub/Split set, seeing as I was lacking a special wall at this point in the process, and knowing that Smeargle might appreciate one. Thunder Wave completes the status holy trinity, and Shadow Ball is put in the final spot as reliable STAB. It has trouble hitting a lot of things now, but I can usually pull of some shenanigans with it.

[​IMG]
    No Rox Plox @ Choice Scarf
    Pressure
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Air Slash
    -Hidden Power Grass
    -U-Turn

Man, Moltres is NOT meant to be a revenge killer. The Scarf set is blazing fast, but the shortage of power has bitten me in the ass on many occasions, and when Smeargle doesn't do his job (which is often) I end up eating rocks. Not much to say, it's a standard choice set that doens't feel like it has much synergy with the team.

[​IMG]
    Steve Irwin @ Life Orb
    Torrent
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    -Waterfall
    -Crunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Dragon Dance

Feraligatr is here to do what he always does: hit things really hard. Waterfall, Crunch, and Ice Punch have pretty good coverage, aqnd Dragon Dance is easy enough to set up one or two times if I switch him in properly (most often after a Smeargle or Moltres U-Turn). Also, I don't know if Sheer Force is legal in RU, but Feraligatr would love all the extra power he can get.

[​IMG]
    Rapture @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
    -Rapid Spin
    -Psychic
    -Earth Power
    -Shadow Ball

Rounding out the team is another novelty set, only this one actually works most of the time. Claydol's role is usually as a bulky setup man, but seeing as I don't need rocks, I repurposed it into a half decent special attacker. Rapid Spin blows away any hazards that get through Smeargle, and the other moves hit most things for pretty nice damage. The trouble is is that I often end up relying on him too much in the late game, and though Claydol's pretty bulky, it doesn't do well under pressure

Problems: a lot of things. Most notably, Munchlax walls this team to hell. It can't do anything to Rotom, but then again, Rotom can't do much back to it either. There's also a notably weakness to Dark types, but I'm not quite sure how to fix that. Finally, there's a noticeable lack of power with the exception of Feraligatr, and far too much is invested in bulk.

Well, there's my team. It's quite flawed, yes, but maybe with a little work and a few tweaks it can get better. Thank you in advance for the help.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)