Last Stand Lapras - Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Djjomon V.S B-rock

A battle I fought with poor decisions until I almost turned it around with good old Lapras, despite 5 counts of my team being obstructed by Hypnosis hitting.

My Team- Kingdra, Toxicroak, Lapras, Electivire, Gengar, Slowbro

Djjomon's Team- Scizor, Donphan, Milotic, Gengar, Houndoom, Jirachi

djjomon sent out Scizor.
B-rock sent out Kingdra.
Kingdra used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised.

The rain continues to fall.

-I had preivously won a few battles with the Kingdra/ Rain Dance gambit, and had newly found confidence in the idea of sticking with a team built around it. However, Scizor secured himself a Swords Dance in the time I could have used to attack him this turn and possibly finish him off next turn. Messed up already.

Kingdra used Surf.
Scizor lost 73% of its health.
Scizor used X-Scissor.
Kingdra lost 100% of its health.
B-rock's Kingdra fainted.
Scizor's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

-Kingdra's down in one hit, leaving Scizor perfectly capable of terrorizizing the rest of my team. With a stat boost through the roof like that, I instantly thought a bulky water like Slowbro could help me out, despite his Bug weakness. Another bad decision.

B-rock switched in Slowbro.
Scizor used X-Scissor.
It's super effective!
Slowbro lost 100% of its health.
B-rock's Slowbro fainted.
Scizor's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

-Slowbro is dropped even faster than I eagerly built this team and jumped on the server with it.

B-rock switched in Gengar.
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Gengar lost 100% of its health.
Gengar hung on using its Focus Sash!
Gengar used Thunder.
Scizor lost 39% of its health.
djjomon's Scizor fainted.

-Always bet on Gengar! Predicting whoever I sent out next would get Bullet Punched in the face, I sacrificed my Gengar's duribility to blast Scizor with a no risk Thunder, thanks to it still raining. I still had a long way to go, however.

djjomon switched in Donphan.
Donphan used Ice Shard.
Gengar lost 0% of its health.
B-rock's Gengar fainted.

-I was hoping to get an Energy Ball in, but a second priority attack I should have seen comming dropped Gengar.

B-rock switched in Lapras.
djjomon switched in Milotic.
Lapras used Waterfall.
It's not very effective...
Milotic lost 20% of its health.
Milotic's leftovers restored restored 6% of its health.

-Time for my trusty saving grace, Lapras. This guy's always helping me in the Battle Tower. This would have been a good time to Curse, as I should have expected a switch, but instead I decided to take advantage of the boost Waterfall would have already got from it still raining. With Donphan eluding my grasp, I now had to deal with all the fun that comes from dealing from Milotic- who like Scizor, also had leftovers.

B-rock switched in Toxicroak.
Milotic used Hypnosis.
Toxicroak fell asleep!
Toxicroak soaked up rain!
Milotic's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

-I threw Toxicroak out infrount of Lapras, seeing as how this would get nowhere slowly, and he gets put to sleep right away, of corse. Thankfully, he may be able to stall with Dry Skin for awhile to get an extra chance at waking up, but this is looking pretty bad.

Toxicroak is fast asleep!
Milotic used Surf.
The rain stopped.
Milotic's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

djjomon: misclick

-A common mistake I have taken advantage of dozens of times over Wi-Fi on Battle Revolution, Toxicroak absorbs the incomming Surf thanks to Dry Skin. Looks like I have another turn to stall to wake up, but now that the rain finally stopped, he won't get any supporting health when he really needs it.

Milotic used Ice Beam.
Toxicroak lost 39% of its health.
Milotic's leftovers restored 1% of its health.

-No dice, Toxicroak is still asleep on the job, and this time takes damage from Ice Beam. Milotic has now returned to full health with it's Leftovers, and I'm getting a bit annoyed.

Milotic used Ice Beam.
Toxicroak lost 38% of its health.

-Toxicroak insists on sleeping himself to death, taking another Ice Beam.

Milotic used Ice Beam.
Toxicroak lost 23% of its health.B-rock's Toxicroak fainted.

-Toxicroak finally goes down. I'm considering giving him Thunder Punch to switch into water attacks and combat water Pokemon rather than just take my chances with Cross Chop like I was going to. Speaking of Thunderpunch, by the way...

B-rock switched in Electivire.
Electivire used Thunderpunch.
It doesn't affect Donphan...

-Lets take a shot at Milotic with Thunderpunch, and along comes Donphan. What I did next was even more foolish.

Electivire used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Donphan lost 42% of its health.Electivire lost 10% of its health.

Donphan used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Electivire lost 90% of its health.
B-rock's Electivire fainted.
Donphan's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

-Why did I do that? And why does this guy have 3 Pokemon with Leftovers? Meh, I shouldn't be questioning his judgement, as I'm the one doing badly here. Lapras is my last Pokemon.

B-rock switched in Lapras.
Lapras used Curse.
Lapras's speed was lowered.
Lapras's attack was raised.
Lapras's defence was raised.

-With a Curse up and Shell Armor blocking critical hits, Lapras isn't going anywhere for awhile. But why stop with just 1 curse?

Milotic used Hypnosis.
Lapras fell asleep!
Lapras's Lum Berry cured its Sleep!
Lapras used Curse.
Lapras's speed was lowered.
Lapras's attack was raised.
Lapras's defence was raised.

-Hypnosis hits agian, why not, but thankfully I have a Lum berry just for this situation because I hate Hypnosis that much and I get another Curse in.

Milotic used Hypnosis.
Lapras fell asleep!
Lapras is fast asleep!

-Yeah, this is bad. My last Pokemon is now asleep with only it's bulk to save it now. Oh well, it was a nice try, but- what's this?

djjomon switched in Gengar.
Lapras woke up!
Lapras used Waterfall.
Gengar lost 100% of its health.
Gengar hung on using its Focus Sash!

-Luckily Lapras is back in business after loosing only 1 turn to sleep! Gengar may have a Focus Sash, but he's not at all safe.

Lapras used Ice Shard.
Gengar lost 0% of its health.
djjomon's Gengar fainted

-Down goes Gengar. Interestingly enough that's 2 Gengars in the same battle that both had focus sashes and were both killed by ice shards. I was nowhere close to winning, but I was starting to feel good about this battle.

Milotic used Hypnosis.
Lapras fell asleep!
Lapras is fast asleep!

-And for a fourth time, Hypnosis hits, and even without a wide lens. I'm out agian for awhile...

djjomon switched in Jirachi.
Lapras is fast asleep!

-I have to say, being new to this whole Shoddy thing, I wasn't expecting to see a Jirachi at all.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Lapras lost 11% of its health.
Lapras is fast asleep!

-This sleeping is irritating. I'd rather fight a team of Ubers with this team than deal with this.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Lapras woke up!
Lapras flinched!

-You can't be serious. You just can't be serious.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Lapras lost 10% of its health.
Lapras used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 38% of its health.
Jirachi's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

-Finally, I get to do some more damage. And wow, 4 Pokemon with Leftovers on one team now. I really have to ask why now? So why?

Jirachi used Wish.
Jirachi made a wish!
Lapras used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 37% of its health.
Jirachi's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

-Now If I get my Waterfall in next turn, Wish won't have a chance to heal Jirachi cause he'll be dead and it will be granted to a Pokemon with full health. Believe it or not, this actually goes my way.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Lapras lost 12% of its health.
Lapras used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 37% of its health.
djjomon's Jirachi fainted.

-There goes Jirachi, even though he was really taking those double boosted Waterfalls like a champ.

djjomon switched in Houndoom.
Houndoom used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Lapras lost 39% of its health.Houndoom lost 10% of its health.
Lapras used Waterfall.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Houndoom lost 90% of its health.
djjomon's Houndoom fainted.

-To my suprise, Lapras takes out another Pokemon. I just may win this yet!

Milotic used Hypnosis.
Lapras fell asleep!
Lapras is fast asleep!

-This can't be happening agian, can it!? That's 5 times now!

Lapras is fast asleep!
Donphan's leftovers
restored 6% of its health.

-Bold move djjomon, bold move.

Donphan used Earthquake.
Lapras lost 17% of its health.
Lapras is fast asleep!
Donphan's leftovers restored 6% of its health.

-Lapras can't take another hit. It's all over. Ice Shard really won't help much either even if I use it to wake him up before Donphan attacks again it won't be enough, with his high defense, to stop him in one hit.

Donphan used Earthquake.
Lapras lost 0% of its health.
B-rock's Lapras fainted.

-Lapras finally goes down and I lose.

Great match, Djjomon.

Out of curiosity, why not use Dragon Dance over Curse on Lapras? I know you're using Ice Shard, but boosted Waterfalls in Rain would really benefit from going first as well. Also, 4 pokemon with leftovers isn't anything to complain about, but they were probably used as Leftovers are a fantastic item for a defensive pokemon, especially ones immune to Sandstorm.

An enjoyable read, just pointing out that this is the second warstory I've read, and the second complaining about Hypnosis. I do have to say, though, it is a really annoying move, and five times in a row is just bad luck.
Not a bad story, defininitely a good job and a nice battle.

Cummon, man. A warstory should have enough comments to make it interesting. In lieu of that, it should at least feature interesting plays. I'm going to agree with the Godot supporter above and say dull and uninteresting.

Yes, I could have done better. Thanks for reading.

Out of curiosity, why not use Dragon Dance over Curse on Lapras? I know you're using Ice Shard, but boosted Waterfalls in Rain would really benefit from going first as well. Also, 4 pokemon with leftovers isn't anything to complain about, but they were probably used as Leftovers are a fantastic item for a defensive pokemon, especially ones immune to Sandstorm.
I tried Dragon Dance on Lapras, and I liked using it, I just prefer using the Curse Set. I mentioned the thing about Leftovers on 4 Pokemon because I had actually never seen that before and it kind of surprised me.

I'll think about DD Lapras, though, as my team probably needs revision.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's pretty much nothing to compliment in this story, sorry to say. It was just . . . bad.

-When you comment, don't tell us what happened in the log, tell us what you're planning to do next, and why.

-There is nothing wrong with 6 leftovers, or 6 life orb, or whatever. This is competitive pokemon, what's allowed by the rules goes. There's no such thing as "cheap" unless it's banned, and leftovers is certainly far from it.

-Your play in this match was just not good, and it hurt that your oppnent's play was far from stellar as well.

Overall, this just needed a lot more.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I'm not going to be a jerk like everyone else...

You really need some more experience with writing and with pokemon before you make a "good" warstory. This match was not exciting at all and the comments were quite lacking. You even admit this yourself.

If you know you could have done better, why did you even waste our time posting this?

You didn't play particularly well. I do understand how annoying it is to have low accuracy hit many times in a row though.

Jirachi used Iron Head.
Lapras woke up!
Lapras flinched!

-You can't be serious. You just can't be serious.
I'm sorry but, I think you're over-reacting to losing only 11% of health.

Overall there was nothing really interesting. To improve on next time, add sprites at the top of your warstory to make it clearer and nicer to see.

I'm sorry but, I think you're over-reacting to losing only 11% of health.

Overall there was nothing really interesting. To improve on next time, add sprites at the top of your warstory to make it clearer and nicer to see.
I got flinched as soon as I woke up, that's what the problem was.

Well I'm not going to be a jerk like everyone else...

You really need some more experience with writing and with pokemon before you make a "good" warstory. This match was not exciting at all and the comments were quite lacking. You even admit this yourself.

If you know you could have done better, why did you even waste our time posting this?
Thanks for the advice. I was just hoping I could get something interesting to post about out of this, but I guess I didn't review the log enough to realize this wasn't worth it.

In short, it sucked.
Thanks for being honest.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I read the whole warstory, but to be honest it didn't leave much of an impression on me, sorry. Maybe you should read through all the warstories in the warstory archive. Not only are they very enjoyable to read, you may learn quite a bit about how to write a warstory that appeals to more people.

LR.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with LR (who writes great warstories to be honest) you needed better comments and a better battle.

The latter will come with experience and the former will come once you read well written stories like in the archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)