LC Pokemon Previews - Index, Rules, and Reservations

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Gen VI LC C&C Index - Pokemon Preview Edition
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ru-c-c-index-thread.3474606/

Read these if you're new to C&C:

Welcome one and all to the new generation of Pokemon. What we're going to be doing for the start of this generation is a little different from what we've done in the past. What we're going to start with is what we're calling Pokemon Previews. These Previews are simply a quick look at the Pokemon in question as to how we think the Pokemon will work best in the metagame and what to look out for when facing it. Because it'll be a while before we get stable metagames due to having to do our research by hand, these Previews will hold us over until we start to do full analyses.

This is how the Pokemon Previews will look:

Below is what the Pokemon Previews will look like. I've provided all the HTML you would need to use when you create the threads. When you write up the threads for the Pokemon Previews, they will need each of the following sections. I've provided what is expected for each section as the first paragraph underneath each section:

[Pros] (Do not bold when you actually make the previews)

<p>For this section be sure to highlight the positives of the Pokemon and why it would be used competitively and what it offers for the team.</p>

<ul>
<li>This is the HTML for a list if you so desire.</li>
<li>Add the <li> for each new line.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<p>For this section be sure to highlight the negatives of the Pokemon and why it might not see use or what its shortcomings would be.</p>

<ul>
<li>This is the HTML for a list if you so desire.</li>
<li>Add the <li> for each new line.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>In this section be sure to provide the sets that will probably see use in the competitive scene. Underneath each set before to provide a short explanation of what the set would accomplish to do, good teammates to provide with the set, and some checks and counters to the section.</p>

<p>The formatting for the sets should look like so:</p>

<p>Tyranitar @ Leftovers<br />
Ability: Sand Stream<br />
EVs: 16 HP / 204 Atk / 120 Def / 168 Spe <br />
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)<br />
- Dragon Dance<br />
- Rock Slide<br />
- Earthquake<br />
- Hidden Power Bug</p>

<p>The <br /> tags are a line break and ensure that everything is on a separate line, you need it at the end of each section.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>In this section be sure to provide the Pokemon that will have the best chance of checking and countering the Pokemon in competitive play.</p>

Rules for Posting Here and for Previews:
  • You can reserve 4 Pokemon at a time, if you are a badgeholder. If you are not, you can reserve 3 Pokemon at a time. Only when all of your Pokemon are written and in the GP stage may you reserve another. If you have the max number of Pokemon reserved in another tier, you cannot reserve any here. You can only have 4 or 3 reserved total across the C&C forum.
  • If a Pokemon is not on the reservation list and you think it needs a preview, talk to a QC member before reserving it.
  • Do NOT edit your posts in this thread. Double post if you need to.
  • To reserve a preview, you must post in this thread. You must reserve a Pokemon before posting a thread for it.
  • If the QC team does not think your preview is up to on-site standards, they have the right to reassign it.

Deadlines
  • Starting from the time you post in this thread reserving an analysis, you have 24 hours to post a skeleton. If it is not up by then, the Pokemon goes back to the reservation list so you only have time until someone else reserves it.
  • Starting from the time your analysis gets QC Approved, you have 24 hours to write it. If it is not written by then, the Pokemon goes back to the reservation list so you only have time to write it until someone else takes it over.
  • Once it is GP checked, you have 24 hours to implement the check.
  • A thread must remain open for a minimum of 24 hours before being marked as done.

Previews

Here will be the previews that need to be written. If you don't see a Pokemon on here that you think deserves preview, post in this thread.

Analyses will be categorized in the following manner:
  • [Unreserved] - The preview has not been reserved. You may reserve it, first come first serve.
  • [Reserved...] - The preview is reserved and does not have a skeleton.
  • [In Progress] - The preview is actively being worked on.
  • [Completed.] - The preview has been uploaded and is on-site.
Reservation List

LC QC Team

blarajan (Leader)
Charmander
comatthew6
Elevator Music
Goddess Briyella
Hawkstar
iss
macle
Mikel
prem
Raseri

How we're going to do the regular analyses:

Regular analyses will open up about 2 months down the line. The reason being we need to conduct a shit-ton of research and there's no point in writing full analyses for Pokemon when we still don't have a full understanding of how the game actually works. We also will probably not have a fully functioning XY simulator until about this time, so actually knowing what the metagames will look like won't be known until right about then.

Once we do open up regular analyses, they will work much the same way that I ran BW UU and BW RU at the beginning. Badgeholders will be allowed to reserve up to 3 Pokemon and non-badgeholders up to 2. From there it will work much the same as last generation and as the previews.

What about the Mega-Evolutions?

Mega Evolution analyses will simply be another set on the page but labeled as such. If a Pokemon's only viable set in a tier is their mega evolution, then that'll be the only set on the page. If a Pokemon's mega evolution is banned from a tier, it simply won't have any mega evolution sets for that page though the mega evolution toggle will still be available.

What about Items/Moves/Abilities?

There will be 3 separate threads instead of trying to conduct all of them in the same thread. bugmaniacbob and I had a really tough time trying to keep everything organized in one single thread, and not to mention it looks like an impossible task to accomplish having everything in one thread. I'll delineate these threads among 3 separate users who will be responsible for organizing the OP and making sure that stuff gets onsite (or if they're a non-badgeholder have a moderator upload stuff for them).

Consistency is key here, so the descriptions should be as similar as possible across the board. Myself, Nexus, and Zeb put a ton of work into trying to accomplish this with the BW stuff. Also, it'll be up to the OP as to how they want to handle new information as it comes in from the research thread.

All three sections should have two main sections:

<h3>Description</h3> and <h3>Competitive Use</h3>

and Items should also have a <h3>Location</h3> section too.

This is all lower priority than the Pokemon themselves when the next gen hits, so however the OP wants to handle reservations, the competitive use sections to start, etc will be up to them.

I'll be seeking out people to run these threads, but if you're really interested I may consider you for the part but really only come to me if you're really super interested.

How are we going to handle stuff that isn't released yet?

I think having an [Unreleased] section worked well enough for this for BW. IDK if we will even be able to know what is or is not unreleased without a hack this generation, but we'll see.

What about our BW stuff?

All BW stuff is still medium priority while XY comes out. I really want to close out this generation with everything updated and ready to go. BW UU, RU, and NU will still be competitively relevant a few months down the line anyway, and it'll be likely that BW is going to be the only "current" gen still playable on our simulators until we can get XY going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)