LC team

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been playing little cup for quite a while now, and this is probably my best team. I managed to get up to around 1380 points in the ladder, peaking at 6th place. However, this team still has some big weaknesses still needs lots of help.

The team focuses on switching in on resistances and immunities, and statting up whilst they switch out. For the most part It works well, but I have problems with certain pokemon.

@ oran berry
impish
156 HP/156 Atk/116 Spe/76 Sp Def
Sturdy

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Rock Blast
Explosion

Why this pokemon?: I chose Onix because it is an incredible lead and almost never fails to get SR up. It also boasts an incredible 160 base defence, which allows it to survive powerful Close Combats from pokemon such as Mankey.

Moves: I chose Rock Blast over Stone Edge, because it can break sashes, which are extremely common. Earthquake is a powerful STAB that has good coverage with Rock Blast. Explosion is a last resort move if onix is no longer of use.

@oran berry
relaxed
236 HP/36 Def/236 Sp Def
Thick Fat

Curse
Earthquake
Return
Pursuit

Why this pokemon?: I chose munchlax because it is extremely bulky on the special side and can deal with many common threats. It can come in on special attacks and either pursuit or curse as they switch out.

Moves: Curse is an excellent move which not only gives munchlax a great attack boost, but also allows it to survive physical hits. Return is the main STAB, Earthquake hits steel and pursuit is very useful for hitting ghosts or frail pokemon as they switch out.

@oran berry
naive
196 Atk/240 Spe/40 Def
levitate

will-o-wisp
protect
shadow sneak
hidden power fighting

Why this pokemon?: Misdreavus is a very useful pokemon, with immunities to fighting, normal and ground.It has the ability to cripple physical sweepers that Munchlax can't handle.

Moves: Will-o-wisp is an awesome move that can cripple physical sweepers like gligar. Protect can scout for choice pokemon. Shadow sneak is a great form of priority and HP fighting is for type coverage.

The Sweepers
The next three pokemon are powerful sweepers that all have a number of resistances and immunities to switch into. If any one of these pokemon gets an agility or rock polish in the results are devastating. If more than one can get a stat up move in, the opponent may as well say game over.

@oran berry
modest
236 HP/36 Spe/200 Sp Atk/36 Sp Def
water absorb

agility
surf
ice beam
Hidden power Grass

Why this pokemon?: I chose Mantyke because, it is a great special sweeper with a handful of resistances. It loves coming in a water moves ,that aron and gligar are weak to, because water absorb makes SR useless

Moves: I can't really say much about the moves. Agility is for obvious reasons. Surf and Ice beam provide good type coverage, whilst HP grass hits water, like chinchou.

@ oran berry
adamant
116 HP/196 Atk/ 196 Spe
Rock Head

Rock Polish
Head Smash
Earthquake
Magnet Rise

Why this pokemon?: Aron is amazing. Thanks to HGSS, Aron got the most powerful rock move in the game, and the resukts were devastating. It is also a steel type, which means it has lots of resistances

Moves: Rock Polish is necessary, due to arons low speed. Head Smash is extremely powerful and KO's many pokemon. Earthquake is for type coverage. Magnet Rise is needed, so it can escape ground moves, from pokemon that I can't OHKO such as Gligar

@oran berry
adamant
156 HP/ 236 Atk/76 Sp Def
hyper cutter

Rock Polish
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash

Why this pokemon?: As with my other 2 sweepers, i chose Gligar because it has many immunities. It also has an attack stat of 18 to work with.

Moves: rock polish to boost it's speed to obscene levels. Earthquake is the main STAB, and stone edge is for coverage. Night Slash is to shock ghosts that attempt to w-o-w Gligar. However I'm wondering if Aqua Tail would be better to stop other gligars.

Weaknesses
This team has some weaknesses that you probably need to know about

1. Water. With 3 weakness and only 1 resistance, i find myself relying on mantyke far too much. If Mantyke is down, it leaves me very vulnerable.

2. Elekid. Mixed Elekid is one of the most powerful pokemon in little cup and is a pain to many teams. My best bet is Onix or Munchlax surviving cross chop and KOing back with earthquake

3. Staryu. Staryu has great Sp atk and speed stats and if munchlax is down it can sweep my team due to great type coverage that can ko all of my sweepers.

Feel free to praise, critisise and say what you like about my team.

I like this, but I think you're right, you have too many Water weaknesss that will force you to rely on Mantyke too much. Croagunk might be advisable, since his Dry Skin lets him switch into Water moves.

On Gligar, I would suggest using Aqua Tail over Stone Edge. You already have 3 Rock and 3 Ground-type attacks, when at the most you only need about 1 or 2 each. I like all three of the guys you have who use these attacks, but I'd advise taking out Onix or Aron for Croagunk.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
thanks for the rate Banryu,
i think I will change aqua tail on gligar
croagunk is also a good idea becuase it will also give me the priority I was lacking. i will test it soon when i have more time

OK. I see a huge problem with this team here:

You are utterly raped by Teddiursa and DD Tini.
If Wynaut manages to encore your Curse or your Rock Polish, then you can pretty much say goodbye to half your team. Teddiursa can get an SD up easily, and then it proceeds to ONE HIT KO EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF YOUR TEAM. Dratini is in a similar vein, nothing is going to like taking a high power Outrage / Waterfall.

To allieviate this, I am going to recommend a Scarf Machop over Aron. TBH RP Gligar and RP Aron work really similarly, and you dont need to use Aron here.

Use Aqua Tail over Stone Edge, however now expect to be walled by Mantyke. Id rather go Aqua Tail over Night Slash tbh, Missy takes a hit from Stone Edge, and woith prior damage it will KO it easily.

Speaking of missy, I must say your Missy set is pretty ineffective. Protect is not very useful on Misdreavus, I advise you change it to Shadow Ball for a good strong reliable STAB move. W-o-W is good though, allows you to switch out of most burnt Laxes easily.

If you lack priority, there are a few things you can change around

Firstly, change Onix to Phanpy, with Max HP Max Atk 2 def and impish. Ice Shard is good for revenging Gligar and weakened Dratini, who like I sai can be a total bitch to the team.
Secondly, if you can fit a Stunky somewhere, that too would greatly help you. Id say put it over Munchlax, it does the same job of taking out Missy, but beware of HP Ground variants.

Doesnt look too bad, and good luck laddering!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)