Resource LC Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok honestly OP for someone that uses Diglett as much as you do, I'm surprised you understand so little about it. It isn't Diglett's job to sweep. If Diglett gets a one for one, it did its job, as the Pokemon it trapped was likely crucial whereas Diglett was not. Diglett legitimately puts so much pressure on the other team it's ridiculous. Of course if you have a team only filled with Grass and Flying-type Pokemon, it's not hard to face, but that's not how this game works. Diglett makes a liability out of every single non-scarfed offensive Pokemon, or even defensive Pokemon that were played correctly. Inevitably through a match, Pokemon take damage. Diglett punishes you for playing the game and using your Pokemon as they should be used, like Mienfoo as a Pawniard check. Some Pokemon obviously beat Diglett but that's not the point. It's ability to effectively remove literally any particular Pokemon you need removed and to still be good after that is what makes it S, if not broken (it's broken).

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Hello, I am here to say, that Timburr should rise to S rank.

Timburr is a monster. It can check some of the biggest threats in the tier, like Porygon and Pawniard, and has very good bulk to boot. He also has nice attack so he isn't that weak before Bulk Up boosts. Timburr is so threatening sometimes that it's like "You just gave Timburr a free turn and you have no counters and then Timburr just wins". While this isn't too common, as a lot of people run Fairies these days to deal with Fighting types, it can still happen when the Fairies are dead. He has Mach Punch for priority, Drain Punch to deal good amounts of damage while also healing Timburr up, and Knock Off for coverage. He even has Guts, so scald Burns don't affect him, it only makes him stronger. (And the occasional Toxic or paralysis helps him,too) But Timburr isn't perfect, though. He is walled by Fairy types unless he carries Poison Jab, and is walled by Croagunk every day, but Croagunk's falling out of favor and Fairies can be taken care of by teammates like Pawniard. He also has to take damage, and if he isn't set up enough, he can't take it that well sometimes. Weaknesses to common types like Psychic don't help him that much either, but Timburr imo, is one of the most meta-defining threats and almost always pulls his weight on a team, and he provides utility by checking big threats. While he may face competition from other Fighting types for a slot on the team, Timburr is imo the best Fighting type in the tier right now and should definetely rise to S.
Here are some replays showing how powerful Timburr can be in a match:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-253222302
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-253229669

Last edited:

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've supported putting Timburr into S in the past, but that was before the S- rank was created, which I believe suits Timburr perfectly. Timburr is great, and honestly I think it's the best of the S- Pokemon, but it's not as splashable and versatile as Mienfoo and not as hard to switch into as Pawniard. If Timburr could reliably pivot and sweep in the same game, it would not only be S tier, but also probably be broken as well. As it stands, taking damage or losing your Eviolite means Timburr is not sweeping unless your opponent has nothing to stop it at all. Reserving it for a sweep means you can't bring Timburr in except for revenge killing with Mach Punch because you want it to have as much health as possible. The existence of Fairies really hurts Timburr since it can do absolutely nothing to them besides Knock Off or Poison Jab if it sacrificed Bulk Up which is not a great idea. I know as well as anyone how awesome Timburr is, but imo it's just not S-tier material, but certainly belongs in S-.

shellos is a good check/counter to shellder, phish, cm spritzee, and countless others. the stockpile set also serves as a wincon as once it gets set up very little is going to be able to take it down. however it has no business in A. leave it where it is or maybe up to B

scraggy to B+ makes sense to me because it can knock off its fairy switch ins and cripple them for the match. ddance knock off drain punch and hjk is only walled by fairies which can be dealt with by your team.

diglett to a+/s is a no brainer imo. frailty doesn't affect it when it gets to pick what fights it thanks to it's ability
If you actualy go back a bit (85) where they fully explain on why scraggy is that low, while yes fairy nerfed it a good amout, team support even tho it can make good use of it, it can't ABUSE it as mutch as members like bunnelby who can break walls very easly with scarf/LO (lo makes almost no difference honestly)these pokes define the B group as needed some support, but still being able to function just as well IF not better then some A pokes ,if they get this needed support.
And something i did personaly add on top of this:burn status, yes shedskin but 30% to get that is lame if you can run timburr and abuse the burn, being weak to fellow fight types is stated there aswell but my point is that in the current game there isn't too mutch reason to use scraggy is it rarely even get's a chance to set up and scarf scraggy is still stop able at +1 from moxie(if you even get that).

Diglett is an interesting subject allot of arguments are in this tread about it and i can't be bothered to look them all up again,
Most of it exist of needed support, even though slow Volt-Turn gives it most support and the current meta game being in his favour it still lacks.
arena trap isn't just get to pick what you want to fight it's also not a no-brainer cause well it needs very offencive pressure to work,
Flying types, ghosts and levitaters are able to freely ignore this ability and porygon even is able to REVENGE IT (literaly every set + trace).
These are solvable things ofc with right teambuilding, sadly it still lacks and not just on ability.
It's attack stats even with LO what it should always run, still misses out on few but important KO's(both 1HKO as 2HKO's) again i can't be botherd to dig up all the calcs some one already posted before me so you should definatly check that out.

As for the poke in general i think the current ranking of A is a very good rank for it, while i can see with the current meta game as well as the extreem amout of Volt-Turners it could put in slightly more thne A , A+ would just be too gifted for this poke even right now.

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
I completely agree with Timburr staying S-, and ive used it way too much (ask RZL)

Thats besides the point, I'm posting because I think something else deserves S-. And that's Fletchling. Before you say, "the metagame has adapted to it" or "its not as good as it used to be". I feel this is partly not true at all. The situation still stands that if u dont have a solid check to it, you just lose to a +2 Fletch or even a +0 Fletch if ur team is extremely weakened. While it is no longer the definition of S, I feel it fits S- perfectly do to being a potent sweeper or can run Overheat, Hp Grass, Hp fighting, and U-turn (paired with Diglett) to help eliminate its checks and counters such as Ferroseed, Tirt with Rocks up, Pawniard, and Bulky Chou. While being a mixed Fletch is arguably worse than it was before, they are still viable options that can help beat teams that only run Pawniard or Bulky Chou as their Fletch checks. Kinda want to keep this short so yeah =], banter with me.

Ok honestly OP for someone that uses Diglett as much as you do, I'm surprised you understand so little about it. It isn't Diglett's job to sweep. If Diglett gets a one for one, it did its job, as the Pokemon it trapped was likely crucial whereas Diglett was not. Diglett legitimately puts so much pressure on the other team it's ridiculous. Of course if you have a team only filled with Grass and Flying-type Pokemon, it's not hard to face, but that's not how this game works. Diglett makes a liability out of every single non-scarfed offensive Pokemon, or even defensive Pokemon that were played correctly. Inevitably through a match, Pokemon take damage. Diglett punishes you for playing the game and using your Pokemon as they should be used, like Mienfoo as a Pawniard check. Some Pokemon obviously beat Diglett but that's not the point. It's ability to effectively remove literally any particular Pokemon you need removed and to still be good after that is what makes it S, if not broken (it's broken).
Finally getting around to responding to this.

I understand Diglett's job is typically just to weaken or kill a threat to your team or a counter for other offensive Pokemon, but lately I've been hearing many players complaining about its sweeping ability as well so I felt I should address it, but I think I focused on it too much. I've seen very little people actually effectively eliminating/weakening a check for another Pokemon because it's surprisingly quite hard to set-up a situation that allows that against an opponent making optimal plays. It requires a large amount of team support and often risky plays like a double switch, which is why I don't think Diglett should be S. It seems to me that you feel if a Pokemon is broken, it has to be S, which I would disagree with. I think I understand well why people think Diglett might be broken, but the way its used requires that team support and riskiness that is associated with A rank Pokemon.

I disagree with Diglett making a liability of all non-scarf offensive Pokemon. Diglett obviously punishes super frail Pokemon like Life Orb Abra or Life Orb Staryu after they get a kill, but generally you can play around Diglett's kill range, have priority, or use a pivot move before the opposing Pokemon dies or to kill it. Diglett's still pretty weak with a Life Orb and once again requires support in the form of prior damage, hazards, and Knock Off users. Diglett does sorta force you to play your Pokemon in a different way to play around it, but that doesn't necessarily mean playing them in a worse way and it doesn't necessarily make Diglett broken or higher on the viability rankings.

Lastly, Diglett can't really remove any Pokemon you want. Priority users, scarfers, things immune to ground, ghosts, Pokemon kept healthy enough, and other ways to play around Diglett like Magnemite with Study/Endure all exist. If anything, Gothita does a much better of a job at being versatile and trapping more things that you would want to.

The biggest thing I'm trying to say is that I get Diglett is a really strong Pokemon right now, but I think that going by the definitions, Diglett requires too much support and has a higher than average risk associated with it, which is why it shouldn't be S. I hope this mostly makes sense, I'm really tired while writing this.

When I actually thought about banning Fletchling, and when was S-Rank, it was hard to make a team without a check and it wasn't even certain that your check would even check Fletchling. It had almost no counters (Defensive Tirtouga ftw), it was splashable, and the metagame was much less prepared. The metagame has adapted so well that Fletchling that run mixed find trouble dealing with what they were supposed to deal with. Overheat hit Pawniard and Ferroseed, but both survive. HP Fight was not really used (at least I do not remember using it), HP Grass hit Tirtouga, Onix, and other 4X weaks, yeah, but now their Sturdy is intact or they survive the hit.

Mixed Fletchling was good because a good Fletchling check, Pawniard, commonly ran Choice Scarf over Eviolite which let Overheat guarantee a OHKO after rocks. 40 SpA Fletchling Overheat vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Pawniard: 20-24 (95.2 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. Furthermore, Hazards were easier to keep up, so having SR up at all times was common because Missy was such a great Spinblocker.

I just found the hazards are easier to remove nowadays, and that Madoka's sun team isn't everywhere. Honestly, all of my teams contained a Missy Check, Fletchling Check, and a Sun check...Honestly, if Sun got as popular, as it was in the Missy-era I would fully support Fletchling going up, but as for now, it is fine.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
now i've cleaned up D a bit, I wanna clean up C

mons to move from C- to D

cacnea
finneon
froakie
litleo (gonna move this to E actually)
oddish
grimer
wooper
growlithe

mons to move from C to D/C-
poliwag (to D)
zorua (to D)
remoraid (to C-)

mons to move down from c+
spinarak to C

mons to move up a bit
inkay C- to C+
venipede C- to C
natu C- to C
frillish C to C+
geodude D to C

most of this i just changed without too much

discussion points
toto D or C-

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

cacnea
finneon
froakie
oddish
grimer
wooper
growlithe

poliwag (to D)
zorua (to D)
remoraid (to C-)

spinarak to C

mons to move up a bit
inkay C- to C+
venipede C- to C
natu C- to C
frillish C to C+
geodude D to C

discussion points
toto D or C-
Most of these are fantastic, and I'm glad to see the lower ranks being cleaned up a bit. There are a few mons in each who shouldn't move though, and I'm pulling those out with a small bit of reasoning.

Froakie should stay C-. It's not a great mon for many teams, but a scarf set allows it to perform well as a pivot that actually hits very hard, essentially a bug type pivot that's not weak to rocks. It also can clean up teams lategame due to STAB on your choice of attack. Its downsides are obviously a lack of power and not quite enough speed for its frailness if you don't run scarf, but it's still around C- rank instead of D.

Wooper should be considered for being removed entirely/E rank. Sure, it has Unaware, but it's not exactly a good user of the ability. Its bulk in terms of raw stats is unimpressive, and its power is only a step behind. Many of the sweepers that it tries to stop are able to 2HKO it anyways, and even if Wooper can avoid the 2HKO it often has to rely on a scald burn in order to do any damage. For reference, it has 11 attack and 9 special attack uninvested.

The biggest setup sweeper it can really counter is Fletchling, who cannot 2HKO 25/14 Eviolite Wooper. Two of the bigger threats in terms of sweeping potential are Omanyte and Zigzagoon, who you would want Wooper to at least check. It can't. Omanyte 2HKOs it with surf, while Wooper can't OHKO with EQ. Zigzagoon also 2HKOs with Seed Bomb, which is a very common coverage move.

Wooper's best claim to fame is Water Absorb variants being able to completely wall STAB-only Chinchou. And if I really wanted to do that I'd bring my own Chinchou, who can at least put pressure on the opponent's team.

Spinarak should stay C+. While Surskit makes for a better sash webs lead, Spinarak is a better Eviolite webs lead. Spinarak can set up either webs or toxic spikes, depending on what your opponent has, and also serves as a somewhat usable fighter check. Spinarak can possibly set up webs more than once, while Surskit is likely to only have one chance. Spinarak also has good offensive presence if needed, due to the high base power of Megahorn. While it's slower than Surskit, Spinarak is a viable webs setter.

While I don't feel strongly about this one, Zorua can be considered to go to C- instead of D. Sure, Team Preview sucks for Zorua, but it's still a decently powerful mon, and just by its presence can cause the opponent to constantly second-guess themselves. It's not great, or even good in most games, but it's more workable than some of the current D ranks.

and totodile isn't great, it's outclassed by phish, yada yada. It can break through grass types more easily though with Ice Punch, so I guess it could be C-.

Totodile should go/stay to/in C-, as it has excellent power (Slightly less than Phish mind you), but has great coverage in Crunch and Ice Punch, and is packed with an excellent ability in Sheer Force. It can run the same sets as Corphish, but Ice Punch allows it to deal with Grass-types. It has better bulk, is faster, and has enough of a niche to stay C-.

Wooper is shit, it should've went down once Swirlix was banned!

Spinarak is fun to use and is a bit more bulk version of Surskit, and is still viable, as it Merritt already said, it is a better eviolite SW lead. It is just a Surskit that can set up Webs more than once, and on occasion switch in to Fairies.

Floon for A-!!!!!

Can someone explain to me the reason why Geodude should move up? It is a slower, stronger version of Onix, with a lot less bulk. (160 -> 100 Def, 45-> 30 SpD). It's more outclassed than Totodile, like really, it has only one niche, Sucker Punch.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
the bulk doens't matter too much for geodude/onix and neither bother with eviolite and they have sturdy so they basically get ohkod/2hkod by the same things. it's selling point is reaching 18 attack. this allows it to 2hko eviolite mienfoo after rocks, 2hko staryu after rocks. sucker punch allows it to check faster things as well, it let's it check shit like abra, deals with weakened archen, weakened scarf mag, weakened bj snivy (when these mons are at about 45-50%) means that diglett+gothita can't trap it very easily.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

cacnea
finneon
froakie
oddish
grimer
wooper
growlithe

poliwag (to D)
zorua (to D)
remoraid (to C-)

spinarak to C

mons to move up a bit
inkay C- to C+
venipede C- to C
natu C- to C
frillish C to C+
geodude D to C

discussion points
toto D or C-
Most of these I'm cool with buuuuuuuut

Litleo definitely needs to stay on these rankings. It is legitimately equal in power to Houndour, and hits 17 speed too. Drawbacks are slightly less good stab combo, can't hit rocks, no prio, no psychic immunity or pursuit, advantage is better bulk, maybe moxie if you wanna go flame charge mixed?? Idk but i thought C- was good, D at the least, don't kill litleo

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Litleo's bulk actually helps a lot; 20/52 lets it survive Fletchling's Acrobatics and Timburr's Mach Punch after Stealth Rock, and Eviolite Corphish's Aqua Jet and defensive Mienfoo's Drain Punch from full health, none of which Houndour can do. Over Vulpix, it gets a reliable secondary STAB move to break past opposing Fire-types, and I'm sure the greater bulk helps as well here and there. Obviously, a super powerful Sucker Punch and the ability to act as a Pursuit trapper in the case of Houndour or Drought support and ridiculous wall-breaking potential in the case of Vulpix are more useful to most teams, but C- is still probably a good fit for Litleo

Rowan

The professor?
but no-one is seriously ever gonna use litleo on a team over houndour or another fire type.. D should be fine if people really want it ranked somewhere

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I usually don't chime in much on viability rankings but I seriously use Litleo so I guess I should

Litleo for C-

I personally don't like the onsite set for Litleo, because it plays Litleo like a bad Houndour (STAB Sucker Punch/Pursuit is way more useful than better stats and STAB Hyper Voice imo)

Instead, Litleo is better off doing something that Houndour can't really afford to do, which is SunnyBeam:
Litleo @ Eviolite
Ability: Unnerve
Level: 5
EVs: 20 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

Houndour is too frail to set up and really doesn't have enough moveslots run Solarbeam and Sunny Day. Ponyta has recovery and 19 Speed, but Litleo brings secondary STAB and more power to the table:

252 SpA Litleo Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo in Sun: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Ponyta Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo in Sun: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Of course, no one runs max SpA SunnyBeam Ponyta, so take that into account as well. Litleo has a mediocre typing, pretty much useless abilities and requires hazard support and removal, but its Speed and power are enough to pose a significant threat, which is befitting of C-

I think Rufflet definitely deserves better than D. Hustle gives it incredible power, and with its STABs and Superpower it has perfect neutral coverage bar Honedge. It's a great Scarf mon, but can also sweep with Tailwind or Bulk Up. B Rank.

Krabby: Unranked to B-/C+. Awesome Attack and access to Swords Dance and Agility make it a fearsome sweeper, and it's also a good Scarf mon. Just keep it away from Special attacks.

Honedge: C+ to C-/D. Swords Dance set is too slow; Autotomize is too weak. Terrible special bulk and no reliable recovery. Just too niche IMO.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I think Rufflet definitely deserves better than D. Hustle gives it incredible power, and with its STABs and Superpower it has perfect neutral coverage bar Honedge. It's a great Scarf mon, but can also sweep with Tailwind or Bulk Up. B Rank.

Krabby: Unranked to B-/C+. Awesome Attack and access to Swords Dance and Agility make it a fearsome sweeper, and it's also a good Scarf mon. Just keep it away from Special attacks.

Honedge: C+ to C-/D. Swords Dance set is too slow; Autotomize is too weak. Terrible special bulk and no reliable recovery. Just too niche IMO.
While Rufflet is certainly better in ORAS due to tutor access at last giving it access to both Hustle and Superpower, it's still kinda subpar. While good coverage and power is very nice, it's let down by its speed and bulk. In addition, having to use Aerial Ace for flying STAB is very much an eh time, and having every other move as accurate as Stone Edge leaves it fairly inconsistent. While Rufflet certainly has its uses I can't see many reasons to use it over Doduo or Taillow. I would agree with a C/C- rise, but B is just way too much of a massive leap.

Krabby should stay unranked. Use Corphish who has significantly more power and can run Dragon Dance if you really want to boost speed. Also it has Aqua Jet which is absolutely essential.

Honedge is better defended by other people but it's absolutely not any worse than C. You're overlooking that it has actual perfect neutral coverage in two slots, great physical bulk, and priority for the Swords Dance set and also that it walls Rufflet.

Reserved for Pokemon who are great in the LC metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than of those above it that affects how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential. Their niches are often slightly smaller than those that are in A and S rank, which leads them to face some competition for a teamslot.
I'd say that describes Rufflet well. Its flaws are the accuracy penalties that come with Hustle, and its average Speed. As you said, it faces stiff competition from Doduo and Taillow although it does have notable niches over them (more bulk, better coverage, more off the bat power). As for Krabby, it is certainly viable in the tier so I would say it deserves to be ranked at least.

Um, it is outclassed by Taillow and Doduo. With either hitting almost as hard if not harder than Rufflet due to Rufflet not having access to Brave Bird, and due to the unreliability of Hustle, its negative traits outshine its positive. The more bulk is the only thing it has, as it also lacks in versatility, accuracy, and it has a somewhat shallow movepool.

Krabby is completely and utterly outclassed by Corphish, it has no qualities that separate it from Corphish, it essential a weaker Cophish.

How the Doduo and Taillow outclass Rufflet.

Doduo has equal power to Rufflet because Brave Bird is a much better move than Aerial Ace, it honestly does not need the coverage because it has access to arguably the best move in LC Knock Off. So the combination of better speed, Knock Off, better STAB moves, and priority makes Doduo better.

Taillow has a better ability in Guts, as it can also act as a Status Absorber in a pinch, it has about the same amount of power because it once again has access to Brave Bird. It also has more versatility because it can run a Specs Boomburst set which hits quite hard on the special side. Have a better speed tier, better ability, priority, better STAB moves, and more versatility.\

I would definitely agree with a C or even C+ though.

Rufflet does still have Return though, even though it has Stone Edge level accuracy it still hits similar power to Doduo's Brave Bird with no recoil, and unlike Taillow it doesn't need to put itself on a timer. Specs Taillow is not a good set - a Guts boosted Facade has the same BP as Boomburst, it comes off Taillow's higher attack stat and Taillow doesn't need to lock itself into one move. Knock Off is a great move, but Doduo's still easily walled by most bulky Rock and Steel types. The only Pokémon which can reliably wall Rufflet are defensive Archen and Honedge (if you're running a Life Orb, even Archen is still 2HKOd after rocks). Below C+ is too low IMO.

Tododile for D IMO. With a Life Orb it's too frail; with an Eviolite it's too weak. It has Ice Punch and better Speed than Corphish, but the most common Grass type in LC (Ferroseed) doesn't care about Ice Punch anyway. Corphish and Tirtouga are better physical water types.

I also think Gastly could go up to A+, maybe even S-. Comparing it to Abra as a special wallbreaker, it is slower and does lose out on that lovely recoil free Life Orb, but it has several advantages: 3 immunities give it more switch in opportunities, it has STAB Sludge Bomb to nuke Spritzee and it can use Destiny Bond to bring something with it when it's done it's job. I've used it a lot, and it almost always gets at least one kill.

Rufflet does still have Return though, even though it has Stone Edge level accuracy it still hits similar power to Doduo's Brave Bird with no recoil, and unlike Taillow it doesn't need to put itself on a timer. Specs Taillow is not a good set - a Guts boosted Facade has the same BP as Boomburst, it comes off Taillow's higher attack stat and Taillow doesn't need to lock itself into one move. Knock Off is a great move, but Doduo's still easily walled by most bulky Rock and Steel types. The only Pokémon which can reliably wall Rufflet are defensive Archen and Honedge (if you're running a Life Orb, even Archen is still 2HKOd after rocks). Below C+ is too low IMO.

Tododile for D IMO. With a Life Orb it's too frail; with an Eviolite it's too weak. It has Ice Punch and better Speed than Corphish, but the most common Grass type in LC (Ferroseed) doesn't care about Ice Punch anyway. Corphish and Tirtouga are better physical water types.

I also think Gastly could go up to A+, maybe even S-. Comparing it to Abra as a special wallbreaker, it is slower and does lose out on that lovely recoil free Life Orb, but it has several advantages: 3 immunities give it more switch in opportunities, it has STAB Sludge Bomb to nuke Spritzee and it can use Destiny Bond to bring something with it when it's done it's job. I've used it a lot, and it almost always gets at least one kill.
Specs Taillow is a great set, in fact, I greatly prefer it over the physically set Boomburst bops many things. The point of Boomburst is to utilize the "not on a timer" thing and hit on the Special side, as bulky Pokemon in LC tend to use a more Physically oriented spread. I made a post on why Totodile should stay where it is not too long ago, go check that out. Gastly is a great Pokemon, it is a better wallbreaker than Abra, in most circumstances, as Abra has more Power and Speed. Gastly has D-Bond which is great, and hits a few other mons with ease, but Abra is S- mainly for its Sash set because it is the best Safety Net in LC, as you can let a Tirtouga set up a SS, while you Knock Off and then use Abra to KO it regardless of its set. It is the lazy man check. Gastly is perfectly fine at A. Do you know how many Pokemon wall Choice Band Bunnelby? Only Eviolite Archen avoids the 2HKO, if you run Thief. So how many Pokemon it can destroy does not overly matter.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Specs Taillow is a great set, in fact, I greatly prefer it over the physically set Boomburst bops many things. The point of Boomburst is to utilize the "not on a timer" thing and hit on the Special side, as bulky Pokemon in LC tend to use a more Physically oriented spread. I made a post on why Totodile should stay where it is not too long ago, go check that out. Gastly is a great Pokemon, it is a better wallbreaker than Abra, in most circumstances, as Abra has more Power and Speed. Gastly has D-Bond which is great, and hits a few other mons with ease, but Abra is S- mainly for its Sash set because it is the best Safety Net in LC, as you can let a Tirtouga set up a SS, while you Knock Off and then use Abra to KO it regardless of its set. It is the lazy man check. Gastly is perfectly fine at A. Do you know how many Pokemon wall Choice Band Bunnelby? Only Eviolite Archen avoids the 2HKO, if you run Thief. So how many Pokemon it can destroy does not overly matter.
Not really commenting on your analysis of placement or anything, but just wanted to say I've found LO specially-oriented Tailow to be superior to Specs as you can still shift moves and a LO Brave Bird still allows Tailow to hit the stuff that Flying-types are supposed to. Choice Specs were originally hyped cuz "ooh big domage" but outside of them being a sweet pair of shades, I'm pretty sure there's no merit to running Specs over LO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)