LC Warstory: Pick an RNG God and Pray

Man, that title just doesn't look right to me.

Well, I'm Flame Emblem, you may or may not know me, I hang around IRC sometimes and am not writing some long introduction so let's get to the part you came here for, right?

Flame Embutt joined.
Incandescent Star joined.
Format:
LC
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
HP Percentage Mod: HP is reported as percentages
Flame Embutt's team:Machop / Abra / Nosepass / Archen / Houndour / Corphish
Incandescent Star's team:Murkrow / Abra / Tirtouga / Misdreavus / Spritzee / Mienfoo

Okay, going into this battle, I knew that Murkrow would be threatening, although I couldn't know which set he was running, but Nosepass, a Krow counter Bri gave me and so I named it after her, could likely handle Murkrow as long as I didn't get Nosepass killed beforehand.

Battle between Flame Embutt and Incandescent Star started!
Go! Briyella (Nosepass)!
Incandescent Star sent out oh shit he (Mienfoo)!

So, y'know, for some reason I lead with it, and he even sees that coming and responds with Mienfoo. I'm already panicking a little inside, and decide to cripple Mienfoo, as I was fairly sure that an Eviolite-boosted base 135 Defense would hold up against Drain Punch. First misplay of the match, on my part.

Turn 1

The opposing oh shit he used Fake Out!
It's not very effective... Briyella lost 4.8% of its health!

Briyella flinched and couldn't move!

Okay, that broke Sturdy, I'll give him that, but otherwise a lackluster first turn for both sides. Let's try to cripple him again.

Turn 2

The opposing oh shit he used Drain Punch!
It's super effective! Briyella lost 57.1% of its health!

Briyella used Thunder Wave!
The opposing oh shit he is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Okay, I got a Thunder Wave off, but in the process Nosepass was hurt more than I anticipated. As I don't have Pain Split or any Wish passers, Nosepass is probably too badly hurt to deal with Murkrow later, and it will take everything I've got to take it down later, depending on when it's brought out. Nosepass can't do anything else to Mienfoo but Dazzling Gleam, which likely wouldn't KO and would invite a Drain Punch that finishes Nosepass off and heals whatever damage Nosepass could do, so I get it out of there.

Turn 3

Briyella used Volt Switch!
The opposing oh shit he lost 14.3% of its health!

Briyella went back to Flame Embutt!

Go! Rowan (Corphish)!

The opposing oh shit he used Knock Off!
Rowan lost 55.0% of its health!
The opposing oh shit he knocked off Rowan's Choice Scarf!

Dang it, he was intelligent and saw the switch coming, although in retrospect it was really, really obvious. In using Knock Off, he simultaneously revealed and disabled my Corphish's Choice Scarf, meaning that I couldn't rely on it to take on Murkrow later, either. There's no way Mienfoo can come out of a Adaptability-boosted Waterfall smiling, and so I expect a switch and attack accordingly.

Turn 4

Rowan used Knock Off!
It's not very effective... The opposing oh shit he lost 19.0% of its health!
Rowan knocked off the opposing oh shit he's Eviolite!

The opposing oh shit he used Drain Punch!
Rowan lost 45% of its health!
Rowan had its energy drained!

Rowan fainted!

Go! Deathbait (Archen)!

Man, I'm making a fool of myself. Why am I writing this warstory? At least Acrobatics should be enough to take out an Eviolite-less Mienfoo.

Turn 5

Deathbait used Acrobatics!
It's super effective! The opposing oh shit he lost 90.5% of its health!

The opposing oh shit he fainted!

Incandescent Star sent out Meep (Tirtouga)!

Well, at least I was right for the first time this battle. However, I'm hoping I'm not right in thinking that that is SturdyJuiceSmash Tirtuoga. However, because it was probably holding Berry Juice regardless of the set, I decide that using Knock Off was the first priority.

Turn 6

Deathbait used Knock Off!
The opposing Meep lost 43.5% of its health!
Deathbait knocked off the opposing Meep's Berry Juice!

The opposing Meep used Shell Smash!
The opposing Meep's Attack sharply rose!
The opposing Meep's Special Attack sharply rose!
The opposing Meep's Speed sharply rose!
The opposing Meep's Defense fell!
The opposing Meep's Special Defense fell!

Well, I was right, at least. Being right sucks. However, I did get rid of the Berry Juice, meaning that even though Archen was weak to Water-type moves, it did its job.

Turn 7

The opposing Meep used Waterfall!
It's super effective! Deathbait lost 100% of its health!

Deathbait fainted!

Go! Abutt (Abra)!

Right here and now, I pull the stupidest move in this battle. No comparison. Well, except for maybe the turn after this one too. Instead of just KOing with Psychic, I decide to use my fourth move, which is different from the average Sashbra, and I'm still kicking myself for being so stupid.

Turn 8

The opposing Meep used Aqua Jet!
Abutt hung on using its Focus Sash!
Abutt lost 94.7% of its health!

Abutt used Thunder Wave!
The opposing Meep is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Don't worry, I'm not done being stupid yet. Here is where I completely luck out, but it's still pretty bad and should have cost me the game then and there.

Turn 9

Abutt, come back!

Go! Armstrong (Machop)!

The opposing Meep is paralyzed! It can't move!

There we go. The pinnacle of stupidity. If it wasn't for the full para, Machop would have been KO'd at the start of the next turn. That should be all of the stupidity from me this battle, though.

Turn 10

The opposing Meep used Aqua Jet!
Armstrong lost 56.5% of its health!

Armstrong used Close Combat!
It's super effective! The opposing Meep lost 52.2% of its health!
Armstrong's Defense fell!
Armstrong's Special Defense fell!

The opposing Meep fainted!

Incandescent Star sent out 2HKO (Abra)!

Based on the name, I felt safe in saying that his Abra was Sash'd. Because of this, and the fact that I felt a Houndour switch was too obvious, I felt safe in revealing Machop's item: a Choice Scarf.

Turn 11

Armstrong used Close Combat!
It's not very effective... The opposing 2HKO lost 75% of its health!
Armstrong's Defense fell!
Armstrong's Special Defense fell!

The opposing 2HKO used Dazzling Gleam!
It's super effective! Armstrong lost 43.5% of its health!

Armstrong fainted!

Go! Bloodhound (Houndour)!

As expected, he goes for his coverage move of choice: Dazzling Gleam, which hits both Machop and Houndour. However, Machop breaks Abra's Focus Sash (assuming this is the item being used) before going down, meaning that Houndour can safely take Abra out with either Pursuit or Sucker Punch. As I run a specially-defensive set as to trap Missy better, I go for Pursuit, more scared of Abra being around to fight later than some Dazzling Gleam damage now.

Turn 12

Bloodhound used Pursuit!
It's super effective! The opposing 2HKO lost 25% of its health!

The opposing 2HKO fainted!

Incandescent Star sent out Dawngle (Murkrow)!

Luckily, he tried to switch out. After the match, I asked him, and he said he expected Sucker Punch, because he hadn't known that I ran an SpD variant. However, now the dreaded Krow is out; I need to get Nosepass in, and I need to do it safely. There's only one thing I can do.

Turn 13

Bloodhound, come back!

Go! Abutt (Abra)!

The opposing Dawngle used Brave Bird!
Abutt lost 5.3% of its health!
The opposing Dawngle is damaged by recoil!
The opposing Dawngle lost some of its HP!

Abutt fainted!

Go! Briyella (Nosepass)!

Sorry, Abutt, someone had to take the hit. However, now, I can just safely hit Murkrow with a Dazzling Glea-

Turn 14

Incandescent Star withdrew Dawngle (Murkrow)!

Incandescent Star sent out Pestilence (Spritzee)!

Briyella used Dazzling Gleam!
The opposing Pestilence lost 14.8% of its health!

Until this moment in the battle, I hadn't realized a very simple fact: My team is very, very, very Spritzee weak. Maybe I can get lucky and Magic Coat a Toxic onto Spri-

Turn 15

Briyella used Magic Coat!
Briyella shrouded itself with Magic Coat!

The opposing Pestilence used Toxic!
The opposing Pestilence's Toxic was bounced back by Magic Coat!
The opposing Pestilence avoided the attack!

Well. My only hope of doing any meaningful damage to Sprizee with Nosepass revealed and neutered, the next few turns are just us killing time and stalling PP until Nosepass is brought down, because nothing else on my team wants to come in and try.

Turn 16

The opposing Pestilence used Wish!
Turn 17

The opposing Pestilence used Moonblast!
Briyella lost 28.6% of its health!

Pestilence's wish came true!
Turn 18

Turn 19

Briyella lost 9.5% of its health!

Briyella fainted!

Go! Bloodhound (Houndour)!

If you didn't read the above, I don't blame you; basically, Spritzee used Wish and Moonblast to take out Nosepass while I spammed Magic Coat because I had given up hope that Nosepass would be able to do anything this match. It was now Houndour against Missy, Murkrow, and Spritzee, all at nearly full or full HP.

Turn 20
Bloodhound used Flamethrower!
The opposing Pestilence lost 37.0% of its health!

Because my Houndour's main purpose is to trap Misdreavus with Pursuit, I may have possibly skimped on the SpA EVs some. Maybe even to the point where Houndour's Special Attack was lower than its Attack and I was only using Flamethrower becasue the rest of my moves were Dark. For now, all I can do is is spam Flamethrower and await the Moonblast that is doubtlessly going to decimate my Houndo-

Turn 21

The opposing Pestilence lost 33.3% of its health!
The opposing Pestilence was burned!

Bloodhound lost 33.3% of its health!
Bloodhound's Special Attack fell!

Pestilence's wish came true!
The opposing Pestilence was hurt by its burn!

Well, despite the -1 SpA, Houndour actually came out of that better than I expected. The burn is also cool. However, I would barely be 2HKOing it as is without the -SpA. There's only one way this battle can go at this point, unless I get insanely lucky. The temptation to attempt to flinch him to death is strong, but this would be a slow and painful attempt that would both be annoying and make me feel bad.

Turn 22

The opposing Pestilence lost 22.2% of its health!

The opposing Pestilence was hurt by its burn!

Nothing important to say here: Wish will heal him next turn, unless I crit, and he'll Moonblast me to smithereens.

Turn 23

A critical hit! The opposing Pestilence lost 33.3% of its health!

The opposing Pestilence fainted!
Incandescent Star: o.o
Flame Embutt: Is it bad
Flame Embutt: If I thought "inb4 crit"
Incandescent Star: I thoughr the EXACT same thing
Incandescent Star: so
Incandescent Star: xD

Incandescent Star sent out Dawngle (Murkrow)!

WE'RE STILL IN THIS, BABY. If I somehow take down Krow, Missy won't have a chance. I go for the only move that would change anything, because his LO was revealed earlier and so Brave Bird will both go first and KO, unless I use...

Turn 24

Bloodhound used Sucker Punch!
It's not very effective... The opposing Dawngle lost 36.4% of its health!

The opposing Dawngle used Brave Bird!
Bloodhound lost 66.7% of its health!
The opposing Dawngle is damaged by recoil!
The opposing Dawngle lost some of its HP!

Bloodhound fainted!

Incandescent Star won the battle!
Incandescent Star: gg
Flame Embutt: ANd to you!

Although a somewhat-haxy game, both sides had fun, although writing this up was less fu- *shot*. Now, for the props and slops.

Props:
Vansalon, for kicking my butt.
Spritzee, for being able to wall my team at the end were it not for some bad hax.
Machop, for being able to take out Abra's Focus Sash before falling.
Archen, for Knocking Off Tirt's Berry Juice.
Mienfoo, for being a pain in the neck to deal with and taking out Corphish and greatly weakening Nosepass.
Houndour, attempting to clutch, scaring Missy away the whole battle, and taking out Abra.
Tirtuoga, for making me into an idiot.

Slops:
Me: Turns 1-9. Enough said. I also could have handled Spritzee better with Nosepass, perhaps making it easier to take out without hax.
My opponent: gdi he didn't give me anything to write about here
So yeah, uh, thanks for reading, hope I didn't waste your time.

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
inb4 long and drawn out story about how in Japanesse FE13, Miracle = Prayer so technically they are picking a god and praying.

Good shit ggs all around, looks like a solid team you got there FE

Thanks, Jac! I spent a fair amount of time making that team which made me losing to my opponent and his hastily-crafted team all the more painful.

tbh beginning you're overestimating your opponent, knock off is always a good move vs a weakened mon that still has its item. Also you have an archen yet you don't switch into mienfoo but allow your scarfer to get crippled/weakened. Otherwise great game.

oh yeah, this is a thing

which made me losing to my opponent and his hastily-crafted team all the more painful.
I DID put that team together in like ten minutes, but the good matchup against Flame's team was coincidental; I just picked a few of my favorite LC mons that had some vague semblance of synergy and threw them together

and someone else got the FE13 title woohoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)