League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
so after playing some games last night and watching ogn vods right now.

riot really needs to fix manaless tops being so dominant, they always have been but now its just getting out of hand. riven /rengar / mundo / shyvana / rumble / renekton all dominate because they are manaless who can just spam abilities until you are forced out of lane

in other news, koreans still ban vayne despite repeated damage and mechanical nerfs
vayne has only been banned twice since OGN shifted to 3.14

she's been picked four times which makes her the third most picked AD carry behind lucian and ezreal

of those four games she maintains a W/L of 3/1 and the one game she did lose was very close (KTB vs. Sword)

of the games where she won she had a pretty dominating performance

Lavos

Banned deucer.
im surprised she gets picked and banned at all is the thing. because ever since the condemn changes i have seen dlift, chaox, turtle, and other adcs complaining about how shit her lane phase is now. and how her dueling potential also got worse. with champs like lucian, sivir, and jinx, how do you justify a vayne pick?

e: makes perfect sense, thanks!

Last edited:
im surprised she gets picked and banned at all is the thing. because ever since the condemn changes i have seen dlift, chaox, turtle, and other adcs complaining about how shit her lane phase is now. and how her dueling potential also got worse. with champs like lucian, sivir, and jinx, how do you justify a vayne pick?
well sivir's been more or less permabanned and korea has been very slow to pick up jinx at all

lucian has below a 50% winrate in champions at this point despite being very high up in terms of champion priority

couple that with the fact that annie is also banned nearly every game and it kinda makes sense that vayne is still popular (considering how hard a support annie will shit on vayne)

also most OGN games thus far have involved 1v2 lanes meaning that vayne's weaker laning phase is negated

give a league player a spotlight and he will make all kinds of extravagant claims... just because NA pros all get together and circlejerk each other doesn't make something true

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"repeated damage nerfs" Vayne is still numero uno DPS champ in the game until Silver Bolts is nerfed into the ground

also Patch 3.15 RIP Rammus

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Screw Rammus, I'm excited for the Garen Jungle. Run out of any bush yelling Demacia as your enemies flee in terror. I think we may be seeing a new meta here soon folks.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i think monte said it better than anyone (im paraphrasing)

"this will be one of those stories that koreans tell their kids...'and then team nb was paired with both sk telecom teams, and cj blaze' and their kids will be like 'nooooo!' such a cruel fate..."

so after playing some games last night and watching ogn vods right now.

riot really needs to fix manaless tops being so dominant, they always have been but now its just getting out of hand. riven /rengar / mundo / shyvana / rumble / renekton all dominate because they are manaless who can just spam abilities until you are forced out of lane

shen is a fuck too, i never realized how potent vorpal blade sustain + feint really is until recently

stats and wards, my friend
It's not gold efficient, it's not slot efficient, and it only gives you 1200 gold of combat stats for an item that costs 1800.

By the time you can afford it, you can't afford to be just farming the jungle anymore. You have to make 600 gold from the ward and gold increase passives combined, and since wards are free now where does that leave you?

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I think its an extremely niche item in that its only good if you are only sitting in jungle to farm, like Shyvana. Otherwise its a waste of money...

Lavos

Banned deucer.
shyv has great clear speed so theres no real need for a wriggles...you get much more out of the combat stats from ancient golem

there are practically zero scenarios where a wriggles is actually the best option. kakao is weird

The only time wriggles could ever be worth it is if you are somehow able to farm your jungle for 30+ minutes consecutively, if you ever plan to leave your jungle or if the enemy has the slightest amount of intelligence it won't be worth it.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Okay, I know asking why reddit is retarded is a bad idea, but seriously
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1sv3jt/patch_315_summoner_icons_are_quite_bad/
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1sxozq/barrier_didnt_need_a_logo_change/

Come on? for real? this is the dumbest thing you could bitch about. Everybody in those threads keeps saying "yeah, it is very hard to distinguish them now, so awful!~~~~"

What? Besides the fact that there is no way that sentence is true at all, they are infact very easy to tell apart, even if it was, you can fucking alt tab, look up the new icons, then compare them in the loading screen. Before the game starts, you have at least 30 seconds to see everybody's summoner abilities. It's not like they're dashing in and out of the edge of your vision and they need to be very distinct so you can tell them apart..

Like, I get that folk are categorically opposed to change but.. it took less than a game for me to get used to the new ones.

Not even to mention the fact that every roll uses the same two sumoner spells no matter what anyways so you really don't even need to see them to know what they're running. Besides obvious exceptions but really, teleport is very distinct and purple, nobodies going to be confusing that with any other spells.

got distracted reading first thread I linked.. mother fucker

rodan you don't actually watch survivor do you?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)