League Of Shadows (Offensive Non-Weather)

This is my first Rate My Team so please excuse me if it is not amazing.

Introduction: A while back, I found the competitive side of Pokemon. At first, I was drawn into UU and had decent success with a couple of teams I had built up. Eventually, I got drawn into the standard OU Metagame due to one reason, Dragon-types. These bad asses had given me a thrill since I first started playing Pokemon Diamond with Dialga. Reading around forums and trying out archived OU teams, I enjoyed playing but wanted to create a team on my own. Quickly, I assembled a team with the help of Smogon move sets and some prior experience. I named my team after the The League of Shadows from Batman. Stupidly, I chose this name because it sounded cool even though there is only one Dark/Ghost type on my team. I come to you asking for help on this team due to it being mediocre.

Team Building Process:

A Solid Core And Spinner

Scout and Offense+A Solid Core And Spinner

Two Needed Typing's+Scout and Offense+A Solid Core And Spinner

My Team[/B]

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

I don't have a dedicated lead, so Terrakion is first on team preview. I use choice band because with Jolly nature and solid speed already, he can outspeed the majority of OU. I chose this moveset to make up for my weaknesses on the team and to add to a solid offensive core.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Psychic

I chose this set to make Celebi a much needed special attacker. Giga Drain can recover for the Life Orb recoil as well as powerful STAB. Hidden Power Ice nails Dragon types that would wall me and Earth Power is for prominent OU steel typing. Psychic is only for neccesary STAB and to hurt Fighting types.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

Starmie works really well with Metagross for type synergy. As well, he is quick enough to spin away on almost anything. Thunderbolt rids threats in rain and Hydro Pump hits strong in rain. Ice beam is again for Dragon types.

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Salamence is one of my favorite Pokemon due to its ability to Moxie sweep. I use Fire Blast and Earthquake for Steel types and Outrage to power through nearly everything after a Dragon Dance. He is the glue of this entire Offensive prowess.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Metagross is for tanking as well as acting as an unknown offensive force. He sets up hazards with Stealth Rock and stays safe from status with Lum Berry. With priority STAB Bullet Punch he can hit speedy targets and with Meteor Mash hit for great STAB. Finally, with Earthquake he hits fellow Steel Types that would wall him hard.

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon acts as an unexpected scout that relies on speed to wreck havoc. He uses Dark Pulse for annoying Ghost types and STAB. As well, he can scout with U-Turn and hit hard with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast

This is my team, I realize my Pokemon descriptions were not to good but thanks for your time reading it and please provide thoughtful feedback that you feel could make this team better.

Please expand the descriptions a bit more by explaining what EVERYTHING about that pokemon does and how it contributes to that pokemon.

Another thing, I've noticed that Mamoswine can revenge kill half your pokes, and hit two more hard with SE STAB EQ. To fix this, switch Hydreigon or Salamence with another pokemon that resists ice, like Conkeldurr, who can easily wipe Mamoswine's smug face off the battlefield using mach punch. I'm not sure if that's the best option, but it's going to help if you ever meet Mamoswine (Or Weavile, for that matter.)

Also, it doesn't look like you've tested this team much. Try testing it a bit more.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey there. Cool team man! I like how your team likes to keep the pressure up with your high powered attack. I would also like to make some suggestions to help your team and hopefully make it better. First off, since you're running a Hyper Offensive team, I suggest you start off with something to set up screens and out of all the Pokemon that can use Stealth Rock and Dual Screens, Azelf is your best bet here. Azelf suits your team very nicely and helps to get the offensive flow going. On Celebi, I suggest you run a Standard Nasty Plot set over your current one since you need a special sweeper with a boosting move. On Salamence, I suggest using a Choice Scarf. When equipped with a Choice Scarf, Salamence becomes a deadly endgame sweeper. Also, I would change Hydregions iten to Life Orb to compliment it's moves with more power, while already having great coverage. You should also change Hydregions EV spread to 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd. I hope these tips helped you a bit. Have fun and good luck with your team!

Azelf @ Light Clay Lv. 100 -- Levitate
Nature: Timid - EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Light Screen
Reflect
Taunt
Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Natural Cure
Nature: Modest - EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Giga Drain
Hidden Power [Fire]
Earth Power
Nasty Plot

Salamence @ Choice Scarf Lv. 100 -- Moxie
Nature: Naughty - EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Outrage
Dragon Claw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)