ORAS RU Let it all Go!

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Happy 2016 everybody! Anyway, it's winter and one of the prominent members of this team is an Ice-type while another is a princess of sorts, so be expecting quite a few Frozen references (the soundtrack is addicting. Don't stare at me like that) I originally made this team when Diancie dropped and I wanted to build a team around it. I ended up coming up with a team that actually works really well against most playstyles in the tier. It blends a mix of reliance on Trick Room with a fallback on Speed when necessary while maintaining Trick Room reliably as well. The team possesses wallbreaking power both in and out of Trick Room which can make it quite difficult for most teams to handle it reliably. So I'll stop talking about it and just jump right into explaining how the team operates:

Diancie seemed like a really cool drop. Instead of trying to use SubCM, CroCM, or a defensive set, I decided to focus on an OTR set. With twin base 150 Defenses and heavy HP investment, Diancie is able to setup Trick Room quite reliably and the offensive presence keeps a lot of Taunt users from safely using the move due to threat of taking severe damage. OTR Diancie struggles mainly with slow Steel-types, especially Bronzong and Escavalier, so I knew I needed a Fire-type to reliably deal with them.

Emboar fit the bill nicely. While the first thought for a Trick Room Fire-type would likely be Mega Camerupt, Emboar generally complements Diancie better due to its ability to lure in and beat most bulky Water-types. With access to Sucker Punch as well, Emboar can also be tricky to handle outside of Trick Room as it can punish most fast threats that come out after Trick Room ends with a powerful parting blow. These two do really well together, but don't exactly have an easy time with switching into Ground-type moves. So....

Mega Abomasnow is an amazing fit. With Emboar outright destroying Bronzong and Diancie pressuring it significantly, Mega Abomasnow was a great addition. Thanks to its Grass-typing, Mega Abomasnow can switch into troublesome Ground- and Water-type moves and proceed to threaten opposing teams with powerful attacks. Much like Emboar, Mega Abomasnow has Ice Shard as priority to revenge kill some key offensive threats outside of Trick Room. With two abusers and only one setter, the team was in serious need of another Trick Room setter.

While Mesprit isn't exactly the slowest Psychic-type, it accomplishes a few things. It gives the team a decent switch-in for most Fighting-types thanks to Colbur Berry, provides Stealth Rock support, and can utilize Healing Wish late-game to allow Emboar and Mega Abomasnow to play recklessly early to try and cause as much damage as possible. Mesprit also provides an outright Ground immunity, which can be very helpful against Flygon considering Diancie already makes its Dragon-type STAB very risky. Being able to set Trick Room reliably against one of the best utility Pokemon in the tier is a great asset. While I could have proceeded to go full on Trick Room, I decided to take another route and add some Speed outside of Trick Room so I could deal with teams if Diancie and Mesprit run low on health late and can't reset Trick Room.

Manectric is another new drop and I decided to throw it on for its ability to weaken a lot of defensive cores thanks to its great coverage. Its solid Speed puts it ahead of key offensive threats, such as Hitmonlee, Houndoom, and Delphox. Its access to Flamethrower allows me to weaken or outright get rid of bothersome Pokemon to typical Trick Room teams (Escavalier, Mega Steelix, Bronzong, Slowking, etc.) while also having Volt Switch to possibly get Diancie and Mesprit in safely to reset Trick Room. While Manectric is great for breaking down a lot of defensive cores, the team lacked a cleaner outside of Trick Room...

So what better Pokemon to take advantage of extreme pressure on Steel- and Fighting-types than Tyrantrum, right? Joking aside, Choice Scarf Tyrantrum gives me a reliable way to clean late-game if I can't reset Trick Room. Even if it can't clean, Tyrantrum generally draws out Pokemon that Mesprit can use to reset Trick Room late-game for Emboar, Diancie, or Mega Abomasnow.

Team at a Glance

Elsa (Diancie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Diancie is a fantastic Pokemon under Trick Room. It has great defenses, and when heavily invested in HP, it can set Trick Room pretty reliably against most of the tier. Moonblast and Diamond Storm provide much needed strong STAB moves to Diancie that can threaten many of the tier's top Pokemon. Earth Power gives Diancie a way to quickly wear down Mega Steelix, or outright take it out if it's weakened by something else earlier in the match. The EVs maximize Special Attack while putting Diancie at 299 HP, which is perfect for Life Orb recoil. The leftover EVs are placed into Attack to give Diancie a strong chance to 2HKO Slowking with Diamond Storm.

Kristoff (Emboar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

If Diancie is the queen, Emboar is the knight in shining armor... or flames in this case. Anyway, Emboar is a powerhouse under Trick Room. Base 65 Speed is just low enough to get a strong benefit from the twisted dimmensions. Flare Blitz and Superpower give Emboar some powerful STABs to work with. Flare Blitz alone is enough to deal incredible amounts of damage to the opposing team. Wild Charge deals with bulky Waters that think they're safe against Emboar and thanks to Trick Room, Slowking is the only one that outspeeds Emboar (which it can use Sucker Punch against) Sucker Punch completes Emboar's moveset by giving it a means to smack fast offensive Pokemon outside of Trick Room and slower ones inside of it. EVs look strange, but attempt to strike a balance of giving Emboar a Life Orb number, solid HP to absorb recoil with, and a little extra bulk to take resisted / neutral hits with as Emboar has substantially higher HP than Defense and Special Defense (base 110 HP compared to base 65 defenses)

Anna (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Mesprit is the more supportive Trick Room setter for the team. With Colbur Berry, heavy HP investment, and solid natural defenses to work with, Mesprit can set up Rocks and Trick Room quite easily. Mesprit also has some decent power with Psychic that it can use to handle most Fighting-types not named Scrafty, which is very helpful for Mega Abomasnow and Tyrantrum. Healing Wish is the main appeal of Mesprit for this team as it allows Emboar and Mega Abomasnow to ravage teams early on and then let Mesprit set their Trick Room back up before healing any damage and status they sustained earlier with Healing Wish. The EVs maximize Mesprit's power and bulk and Colbur Berry allows Mesprit to setup Trick Room in the face of otherwise fatal Dark-type moves, which can be extremely useful over the course of the game.

\
Olaf (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 136 HP / 128 Atk / 244 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

With Emboar being able to blow past bulky Steel-types and Diancie able to pressure most with Earth Power, Mega Abomasnow was a great choice for a 2nd Trick Room sweeper on this team. Blizzard does a ton of damage to virtually any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. Due to the HP investment of this set, Giga Drain is used over Wood Hammer as Grass-type STAB to give Mega Abomasnow some more staying power. Focus Blast gets a stronger hit on Mega Steelix and allows Mega Abomasnow to wear down Bronzong for a possible Diancie or Tyrantrum sweep. Ice Shard is basically there to pick off Flygon and other various offensive threats while also getting chip damage on anything that come sin as Trick Room ends and Mega Abomasnow is low on HP. The EVs focus on Special Attack with 128 Attack EVs being necessary to OHKO offensive variants of Flygon after Stealth Rock or Hail damage with Ice Shard. The rest is put in HP to allow Mega Abomasnow to calmly switch into resisted hits and unleash a snowy furry with a smile.

Sven (Manectric) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Manectric is the first of two Pokemon that are designed to operate outside of Trick Room in an attempt to defend against the possibility of being unable to set up Trick Room at one point or another throughout the game. Manectric has great 3 move coverage and is able to pressure many common checks and counters for its teammates. Volt Switch is a key move as it can allow Manectric to get Diancie or Mesprit in on a favorable matchup to more reliably set up Trick Room if and when necessary. Flamethrower is used over Overheat so Manectric can stay in for a longer period of time. The ability to deal significant damage to bulky Grass- and Steel-types can be incredibly helpful for Diancie, Tyrantrum, and Mega Abomasnow. Hidden Power Grass is used over Ice so Manectric can take out the many bulky Ground-types that may attempt to sponge Tyrantrum's Head Smashes late-game if they're still healthy enough. Life Orb is easily the item of choice for Manectric to power up its moves and allow it to deal more damage to neutral targets.

Hans (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Dragon Claw

Tyrantrum is the final addition to the team and it's basically designed to be the team's cleaner and revenge killer outside of Trick Room. With a high Attack stat, solid Speed, and decent raw physical bulk, Tyrantrum is able to do its job effectively. Head Smash and Outrage are obvious choices for powerful STAB moves and Superpower lets Tyrantrum get a stronger initial hit on Mega Steelix while also letting it deal decent damage to predicted Bronzong switch-ins. Dragon Claw rounds out the set by giving Tyrantrum a reliable STAB move to use with no drawbacks. Although somewhat weak, it is nice to use for when Tyrantrum can't sweep, but I do need a quick revenge kill outside of Trick Room. EVs and nature are self explanatory for a Scarf user. Nickname has to do with the fact that Hans is the name of the villain in the movie and Tyrantrum is absolutely evil against offense.

Elsa (Diancie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Kristoff (Emboar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Anna (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Olaf (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 136 HP / 128 Atk / 244 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

Sven (Manectric) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Hans (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Dragon Claw

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
This is one of my favorite teams ever made to be honest, since it involves my core hehe. But seriously, this team has all types of speed control as you mention with ways to beat offense even if you don't have TR up and ways to beat more defensive teams (cough emboar cough). Just gonna say I think Overheat over FT is significantly better here. The base power helps significantly. I really dont have much to say, amazing team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)