XY OU Let The Fat Kids Play!!! (BULKY OFFENSE 1580+ PEAK)

THE FAT KIDS NEVER GET PICKED FIRST :(
OK lets try this again lol wrong thread
Hey ya'll I've been wanting to post this team for a while now, but i didnt know the password to my old account :(. I wanted to change it up from my usual hyper offense just to see what it was like. Some of the sets i used on the team are from tweaking and I found sucess with them. And now I love using this team.The process was long and rage quits happened. But all in all this has been my team for half a month or so, it peaked at 1582 but since then Its been average, so i decided to post it now by making a new account, please tell me what you think! All rates will be appriciated

AT A GLANCE

THE TEAM

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry/Lagging tail
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Rest/Trick

Rotom is such a nice poke to have on any team, but on this team its primary job is to deal with talonflame, because it is a huge threat to the team, I went with rest over trick because i want him to last a little longer than most lead rotoms. Bit whem I did re-equip trick i went with the lagging tail. Will o wisp is for physical leads such as dragonite, gyarados, and bisharp. This rotom works great with Metagross because they cover each others weaknesses. Rotom eliminates talonflame, mamoswine, gyarados, and Gliscor.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef / 92 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
Metagross is my favorite pokeomn, im praying for a mega in the new game. Anyways he completes the Rotom W core, these two can effectively switch into each others weaknesses I listed the threats rotom deals with, on the flip side Metagross can take care of grass and other steel types that would give rotom trouble, I equipped the assult vest because it does some good damage to anything that gets in its way, Zen headbutt over bullet punch to deal with fighting types like breloom that think they are safe to switch in to this beast

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 100 HP / 92 Spd / 208 Atk / 108 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Dragonite is a poke i experimented with and it worked out pretty well, multiscale is always nice to have. but dragon dance is the star of the set. after i dance once i really dont care for extremespeed. once i have a dance i want to be able to at least 2hko skarmory ferrothorn and forretress with fire punch. The evs are so i can sneak out one dance on weaker opponents like venusaur. weakness policy is almost unfair to have with multiscale because it can boost to 782 after getting hit by one super effective move. Throw in a dance and it is devastating sweeper.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 220 SDef / 244 HP / 4 SAtk / 40 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect/Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp/ Toxic

Heatran is more often than not the lead to the team, it is the best poke i have for Sableye and Klefki. it also does well with Landorus-T thanks to its baloon, It also is half of the other core on my team along with Venusaur. I have stealth rock on when i was winning a lot. although I combine toxic and protect to make a decent stall set. Both sets were pretty sucessful. although the toxic set helps with talonflame a little more.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 Def / 64 SDef / 212 HP
Careful Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Sleep Powder/ EarthQuake
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Venusaur became the best grass type in the metagame in the gen with the help of his megastone, he is made to handle other grass types, fairies, bulky waters such as Azumarill and Quagsire while setting up some seeds to help out with recovery, I went with three different moves. Hidden power fire hits the hazzard setting steel types; Ferrothorn and forretress. sleep powder is for when i force a switch from a water type and get a nice sleep on a talonflame, heatran, latios, or landorus. Earthquake is for mawlie because at times it gave me trouble.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 136 Def / 108 SDef / 248 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Whirlwind/Toxic
- Roost

M
andibuzz is a great poke to take physical hits and it serves as my defogger, I needed a counter to aegislash and this is the best i could think of and it is awesome Toxic was in play when heatran carried stealth rock, otherwhise it packed whirlwind. It was a great way to round out this team, defog is primarily or dragonite because i want to keep multiscale in play as long as i can

THANKS FOR READING PLEASE LEAVE REPLIES WITH THOUGHTS

Hey, cool team freddypatsfan.
From the looks of it, Dragonite is the main attacker of the team, acting as a setup sweeper by getting up a Dragon Dance or two, and then tearing through opposing teams. Once Dragonite gets a Dragon Dance up, he can outspeed the majority of the metagame. But that doesn't include priority. Once his multiscale is broken, Talonflame can come in and Brave Bird completely neutralising Dragonite and leaving the team no offensive pokemon outside of AV Metagross. Which is why it is essential that Dragonite has Extreme Speed which has a higher priority than most other priority attacks. Extreme Speed will also allow Dragonite to outspeed any pokemon that are still faster than it after one Dragon Dance, making Dragonite much more of a threat and allowing him to do more damage to the opposing team. The attack I recommend replacing with Extreme Speed is Fire Punch. While pokemon like Scizor and Ferrothorn can cause Dragonite problems if it doesn't have fire punch, they can still be handled fairly easily with Heatran. And once all the pokemon that Dragonite can't 2HKO with it's spread have either been weakened or fainted, Dragonite can come in and sweep.

Your Rotom would be very useful, acting as a Defensive pivot with Volt Switch for all the times it switches into the Ground types that try taking out Heatran. I would reccomend Chesto Berry + Rest over Lagging Tail + Trick, because Rotom is your pivot, and will be taking a lot of damage over the course of the battle, so it needs some form of recovery.

For your Metagross I recommend having more attack investment, possibly max Atk max Hp, similar to the AV conkeldurrs that like to run around. The movespread for it is fine, although it would greatly appreciate some priority (bullet punch). You could put Bullet Punch in over Zen Headbutt or Rock Slide (rock slide would only be useful against pokemon like Talonflame and M-Pinsir, and they can all OHKO metagross anyway, so Bullet Punch would be much more beneficial.

With Heatran I suggest replacing Air Balloon with Leftovers, because Heatran needs recovery from all the times it switches in on Scizor and Ferrothorn (leech seed), and the air balloon doesn't matter because you already have a great Ground switch in Rotom. As for his moveset, Lava Plume, Stealth Rock, Taunt, and Will-O-Wisp are all fine.

For Venusaur, I reccomend max SPdef and Max Hp in order to take hits from pokemon with both water and ice coverage, as you don't have a special wall as yet. For his moveset, I suggest Synthesis over HP fire/Sleep Powder/Earthquake, because he needs a form of recovery other than leech seed, which isn't as reliable.

Mandibuzz is fine, although those 16 EVs in Speed would be more useful in Defense, as Mandibuzz doesn't really care if anything is faster than it. As for it's move spread, Whirlwind would be more useful than Toxic, as you need some form of Phasing.

Other than that, your team is great! Hope this helps!
Btw, love the pictures.

Hey, I like the look of the team, there's only one problem that can easily be dealt with by switching out Metagross for Sub/Toxic Aegislash. Aegislash has more special defense in Shield-forme (with un-invested evs) than your Metagross does while holding an Assault vest. Aegislash also has a great ability, a great Ghost/Steel defensive typing, and a great moveset. Through the use of King's Shield and its ability Stance Change, Aegislash is able to switch between being a powerful attacker and a huge defensive threat. All of which is why Aegislash is a better option than Metagross.

Aegislash @ Leftovers | Stance Change
Relaxed | 244 Hp / 12 Def / 252 Spa
Substitute | Toxic | Shadow Ball | King's Shield

Aegislash can handle everything you've intended Metagross to handle, while offering two immunities to your teams synergy and excellent utility through the move King's Shield, giving it a way to cripple physical threats. Your team resembles a semi-stall team except you have no way of wearing down your opponents Pokemon. That's where Toxic comes in to help. Shadow Ball hits everything for neutral damage (besides Normal- and Dark-types) in XY thanks to the new mechanics. You should also change Will-o-Wisp on Heatran to Toxic to wear down the opponents team. I know it contradicts your Pokemon with Will-o-Wisp but it's not bad to have options and also Toxic is much more effective when it comes to wearing down Pokemon. With these changes it should be easier to sweep end game with Dragonite. n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)