XY OU Lez and Friends (1600+)

Introduction:
Yo people first rmt hope you enjoy, and chuck me some good advice! So I made this team basical to showcase that kabutops (deadset my bae) was a viable component to todays ou meta, and that it could synergise nicely without the use of gimmicky rain support. Also this team has been slightly themed off the amazing and Australia Renowned "Big Lez Show".

Team Preview:
Cheers to Creepyjellyfish for leting me rip all his shit! (Link: http://creepyjellyfish.deviantart.com/)

Team Building Process:
Throwing out another thanks to PLDH for letting me rip all their shit! (Link: http://pldh.net/)

First I started with Kabutops and proceided to revolve the team around him.

As you all know Kabutops is not keen on going head to head with the likes of Breloom, Mega Venusuar, ferrothorn and just grass and fighting types in general. Due to this I needed something to come in, take a hit, force a switch and potentially set up. And who was the Dragon to do this? Dragonite!

Being that both Thudurus possed a threat to me as well as Latias and Latios, as after stealth rocks breaking my Dragonites multiscale, it would be easily be knocked out by hidden power ice or a draco meteor. Understanding this I placed good old specially defensive Heatran.

After Realising that Weavile and Mamoswine could potentially desimate my entire team (so far) i replaced Heatran with a mixed defensed Ferrothorn, to eat up them nasty ice and ground attacks.

Next came the very intimidating Gyarados, as my fighting weakness was becoming very aparent as well as realise Conkeldure could have some easy fun against my team.

I then decided to make Gyarados my mega as in it could still pose a threat to fighting types in it normal state, but then also mega and take a thunderbolt from Thundurus or a stone edge from scarfedExcadrill, this also came with the chaance to set up and cause a potential sweep whilst numbing down my electric weakness.

I placed Landorus in to prevent constant electric spam against my team and also to add a special attack aspect to my team (very lacking at this point, hence no Landorus-Therian).

I then added Breloom, to now completely shut down all electric and fighting spam and to also take a hit, put something to sleep and allow itself or other to freely set up or switch in.

Finally, realsing that I had now completely shut down threats like mamoswine. I decided to bring back heatran as it allowed me to re-introduce its special attacking campabilities and make my team slighly more versatile.

The Gang:

Micheal Nolan (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

I choose Kabutops to revolve my team around cause he is one of the most underated pokemon to date. With the ability to live any netural physical hit, as well as a mach punch from a breloom (possible if not the strongest mach punch in the meta), with a great chance to even live after stealth rocks. As well as its survivability phsyically, it can also dish out massive amounts of damage and has really good coverage. For istance at plus two it can 2hko skarmory (next to ferrothorn probally one of the most reliable and bulky defensive pokemon).

• +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 195-230 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kabutops: 206-246 (78.9 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Donny The Dealer (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Dragonite, one of the most reliable offesive pokemon since its realease in gen one. Seeing as this pokemon countered most of if not all of kabutops main predators and is easily able to set on them bar, hidden power ice thundurus, which he can take if his multiscale stays in tack. On top of being incrediable bulky, he is also able to dish out outrageous amounts of damage and has great coverage much like Kabutops. For example it can 2hko chansey after stealth rocks!

• 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 292-345 (45.4 - 53.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 166-198 (51.3 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Quintin (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 HP / 20 SpA / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

With steel typing being the best hands down special defensive typing in the game and fire resisting fairy, heatran has become one of the most dominate special defence walls in the game. With the EVs it has it is able to take a choice spec scald from Keldeo and a focus blast from Mega Alakazam allowing it to be able to dent pokemon and possible get a burn with lava plume, while still ot speeding other heatrans and hitting them for big points with earth power.

• 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 232 HP / 204+ SpD Heatran: 256-302 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 232 HP / 204+ SpD Heatran: 276-326 (71.6 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Big lez (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 Atk / 92 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Now to the star of the show Gyrados, with the ability to itimidate the opponent, set up a dragon dance and mega evolve. What does this mean? Infinate chances to cause potential sweeps! the EVs allow Gyarados once mega evolved to live things like thunderbolts for Thundurus while still remaining enough attack and speed Evs to out speed and crush most the meta after one dragon dance.
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 92 SpD Mega Gyarados: 276-328 (83.3 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +1 192+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 313-370 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Warning Guy (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

THERE BE A FUCKING SHARK IN THE WATER! Not much to say about this guy other than the nice special attack with access to calm mind, decent bulk, good speed and great coverage! It also provide coverage from fighting and electric spam.

• +1 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 309-367 (48.1 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 203-239 (60.7 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery​

Sassy (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance Rock Tomb

You fucking drugo! Breloom is an extremely flexible pokemon as it can take any hit and put a pokemon to sleep due to its sash, set up, and hit with one of the hardest pirioty move in game. It is also a great threat to a number of pokemon, even with its long list of weaknesses.

• 252 Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 260-308 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock​
    • 252 Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Alakazam: 282-336 (111.9 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock​
Threat List:

Mamoswine after Gyarados or breloom has fainted.

Latios and latias after Heatran has fainted.

Landorus if running grass knot and if Gyarados faints

Thundurus in general poses a threat to my team.

Importable:
Micheal Nolan (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Donny The Dealer (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Quintin (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 HP / 20 SpA / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Big lez (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 Atk / 92 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Warning Guy (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Sassy (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Last edited:
Hey, nice team. Here are my suggestions:

Dragonite with Dragon Claw over Outrage and Weakness Policy over Lum Berry allows you to get a huge boost after Weakness Policy and makes sure that you can still hit a good amount of damage after replacing Dragon Claw with Outrage. Dragon Claw makes sure you don't lock yourself into one move and give Fairies a chance to come in and set-up.

Rock Tomb over SD on Breloom allows you to make sure that no Flying types can switch into Breloom as Rock Tomb can OHKO them (after the Technician Boost) and is big *FUCK YOU* to Talonflame, Charizard and Volcarona

Hope it helps!
-PK

I have a couple of minor nit-picks. The first is I would replace Weak Armour with Swift Swim as Kabutops' ability. Weak Armour is very situational at best as Breloom can simply Bullet Seed you for the OHKO anyway whilst resisting all your attacks (you have to have a Sword's Dance up to have a high chance of OHKO'ing it but if Kabutops has already taken damage from LO/SR or if Sash is still intact, which is likely given you have no Hazard Support then Kabutops is finished anyway.) Also, high powered contact moves like Conkeldurr's Drain Punch stand a good chance of OHKO'ing you as well so it can only really be used to take on weaker contact moves. Swift Swim allows you to take advantage of the opposing teams rain. The second is that you have no way of clearing Hazards, which hurt your team (robs Dragonite of Multiscale, breaks Sash on Breloom, takes a chunck out of an initial Gyarados switch in) so maybe either a Rapid Spinner/Defogger. You can convert Kabutops into a Rapid Spinner by replacing Sword's Dance, but you can lose quite a lot of power.

Hey, nice team. Here are my suggestions:

Dragonite with Dragon Claw over Outrage and Weakness Policy over Lum Berry allows you to get a huge boost after Weakness Policy and makes sure that you can still hit a good amount of damage after replacing Dragon Claw with Outrage. Dragon Claw makes sure you don't lock yourself into one move and give Fairies a chance to come in and set-up.

Rock Tomb over SD on Breloom allows you to make sure that no Flying types can switch into Breloom as Rock Tomb can OHKO them (after the Technician Boost) and is big *FUCK YOU* to Talonflame, Charizard and Volcarona

Hope it helps!
-PK
Cheers for the help! Still want to keep lum berry to stop things like Sableye putting an end to my streak. Will change out SD for rock tomb doe and ill think about changing outrage out for dragon claw depending on the power difference. Thanks again!

I have a couple of minor nit-picks. The first is I would replace Weak Armour with Swift Swim as Kabutops' ability. Weak Armour is very situational at best as Breloom can simply Bullet Seed you for the OHKO anyway whilst resisting all your attacks (you have to have a Sword's Dance up to have a high chance of OHKO'ing it but if Kabutops has already taken damage from LO/SR or if Sash is still intact, which is likely given you have no Hazard Support then Kabutops is finished anyway.) Also, high powered contact moves like Conkeldurr's Drain Punch stand a good chance of OHKO'ing you as well so it can only really be used to take on weaker contact moves. Swift Swim allows you to take advantage of the opposing teams rain. The second is that you have no way of clearing Hazards, which hurt your team (robs Dragonite of Multiscale, breaks Sash on Breloom, takes a chunck out of an initial Gyarados switch in) so maybe either a Rapid Spinner/Defogger. You can convert Kabutops into a Rapid Spinner by replacing Sword's Dance, but you can lose quite a lot of power.
Thanks for the advice! However seeing as I have no rain support and the fact that rain teams are compleletely dead in this gens ou meta, there really seems to be no reason to use it. And although the ability may be situational, it has lots of potential as you would send kabutops in on a physical attacker that doesnt have super effective move coverage on it, then proceed to take a hit, set up a swords dance and potentially sweep! I do though agree that hazards are a problem and I have been looking for a pokemon that could slot in without breaking my teams synergy and be able to get hazards off the feild. If you have any other suggestions than kabutops, as the lose of swords dance removes large amouts of its potential like you said, than that would be much appreciated! Thanks again for the response, it really helps!

• +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 195-230 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Minor nitpick here, but you calced for Adamant Kabutops lol. Still a 2HKO on Jolly though.

Anyways, I'd suggest Stealth Rock > Calm Mind on Lando-I. Stealth Rock is relatively easy to set with Landorus as it's sheer power (or Sheer Force lol) forces a lot of switches. SR also helps your team in the long run increasing the odds of your pokes KOing opponents, as opposed to getting +1 or +2 CMs, KOing something then getting KOd by some Talonflame (CB has a good chance to OHKO after SR, others just flat out 2HKO), Azumarill (Banded sets also have a good chance to OHKO after SR while AV sets 2HKO while taking 48% max from Sludge Wave), Scarf Keldeo or Ice Shard (don't need calcs for this one lol). I'd also suggest running Rapid Spin on Kabutops or something else really, as Gyara (before evolving) and Dragonite are hit hard by SR, breaking the latter's Multiscale.

Good luck with your team!

Minor nitpick here, but you calced for Adamant Kabutops lol. Still a 2HKO on Jolly though.

Anyways, I'd suggest Stealth Rock > Calm Mind on Lando-I. Stealth Rock is relatively easy to set with Landorus as it's sheer power (or Sheer Force lol) forces a lot of switches. SR also helps your team in the long run increasing the odds of your pokes KOing opponents, as opposed to getting +1 or +2 CMs, KOing something then getting KOd by some Talonflame (CB has a good chance to OHKO after SR, others just flat out 2HKO), Azumarill (Banded sets also have a good chance to OHKO after SR while AV sets 2HKO while taking 48% max from Sludge Wave), Scarf Keldeo or Ice Shard (don't need calcs for this one lol). I'd also suggest running Rapid Spin on Kabutops or something else really, as Gyara (before evolving) and Dragonite are hit hard by SR, breaking the latter's Multiscale.

Good luck with your team!
Thanks alot this really helped me! Also sorry for the miss calc but as you said its still a 2hko but if its really bothersome let me know and I will change it. I made the changes to Lando and its really improved my team, however like I stated in my last response that running rapid spin on Kabutops takes away alot of it potential as well as the ability to scary pokemon out. I am however looking for a defogger/ rapid spinner than can come into my team and synergise well with the rest of my pokes. Thanks again for the advice really appreciate it!

Thanks alot this really helped me! Also sorry for the miss calc but as you said its still a 2hko but if its really bothersome let me know and I will change it. I made the changes to Lando and its really improved my team, however like I stated in my last response that running rapid spin on Kabutops takes away alot of it potential as well as the ability to scary pokemon out. I am however looking for a defogger/ rapid spinner than can come into my team and synergise well with the rest of my pokes. Thanks again for the advice really appreciate it!
The Adamant / Jolly calcs are just me being OCD lmao. You don't have to change it or if someone else complains then change it lol. Anyways, the Mandibuzz and the Latis are really good options for Defoggers while Starmie and Excadrill are pretty great spinners. I do think Mandibuzz is pretty decent (if Def Mandibuzz is still a thing, haven't used it in a while) and has some synergy with Heatran as it can come in on EQs and tank Fighting attacks. Anyways, I'll leave it up to you with the testing and stuff. Again, good luck!!

Thanks for the advice! However seeing as I have no rain support and the fact that rain teams are compleletely dead in this gens ou meta, there really seems to be no reason to use it. And although the ability may be situational, it has lots of potential as you would send kabutops in on a physical attacker that doesnt have super effective move coverage on it, then proceed to take a hit, set up a swords dance and potentially sweep! I do though agree that hazards are a problem and I have been looking for a pokemon that could slot in without breaking my teams synergy and be able to get hazards off the feild. If you have any other suggestions than kabutops, as the lose of swords dance removes large amouts of its potential like you said, than that would be much appreciated! Thanks again for the response, it really helps!
Well the only suggestion concerning a defogger is Healing Wish Latias to replace Landorus. It still checks Fighting and Electric moves but also provides a further check against Grass types. Admittedly you'd struggle more VS fairies so tbh there aren't really a lot of options that work with your teams synergy. As for Kabutops and Swift Swim, you can opt to run Rain Dance over Swords Dance and provide yourself with a late game cleaner. The difference between Sword's Dance boosted Waterfall and a simple rain boosted one VS Skarmory isn't too bad when you consider Skarmory could already be weakened a lot late game.

252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in Rain: 148-175 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- Guaranteed 3HKO

Well the only suggestion concerning a defogger is Healing Wish Latias to replace Landorus. It still checks Fighting and Electric moves but also provides a further check against Grass types. Admittedly you'd struggle more VS fairies so tbh there aren't really a lot of options that work with your teams synergy. As for Kabutops and Swift Swim, you can opt to run Rain Dance over Swords Dance and provide yourself with a late game cleaner. The difference between Sword's Dance boosted Waterfall and a simple rain boosted one VS Skarmory isn't too bad when you consider Skarmory could already be weakened a lot late game.

252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in Rain: 148-175 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- Guaranteed 3HKO
With the addition of rocks, rain dance Kabutops could make an apperance on this team however it doesnt synergise well at all with Heatran who is techniqually the only wall on my team. If i were to add rain dance Kabutops on to the team I would have to replace heatran with ferrothorn. This would lead to me not being able to break/ get around most physical wall and would make the lkely hood of things like calm mind clefable easily sweep me as gyro ball doesnt do that much to clefable in the first place and most of them run flamethrower. Thanks again for you advice!

The Adamant / Jolly calcs are just me being OCD lmao. You don't have to change it or if someone else complains then change it lol. Anyways, the Mandibuzz and the Latis are really good options for Defoggers while Starmie and Excadrill are pretty great spinners. I do think Mandibuzz is pretty decent (if Def Mandibuzz is still a thing, haven't used it in a while) and has some synergy with Heatran as it can come in on EQs and tank Fighting attacks. Anyways, I'll leave it up to you with the testing and stuff. Again, good luck!!
Thank you once more, you may have found the solution to my promblem! Although I cannot run latis or Mandibuzz due to the fact that fairies would have my team for lunch my especial since the fact that they would probably take the place of heatran. However Starmie and Excadrill are some great options! with Excadrill being the better option as starmie would increase the fact that my team isnt a fan of electric, but due to its fast speed and good special attack stat it could probably get round most common electric abusers. I will deffiently try these two out and see if they can help benefit the team! thanks yet again! Youre advice is always welcome!

With the addition of rocks, rain dance Kabutops could make an apperance on this team however it doesnt synergise well at all with Heatran who is techniqually the only wall on my team. If i were to add rain dance Kabutops on to the team I would have to replace heatran with ferrothorn. This would lead to me not being able to break/ get around most physical wall and would make the lkely hood of things like calm mind clefable easily sweep me as gyro ball doesnt do that much to clefable in the first place and most of them run flamethrower. Thanks again for you advice!
If that's the case opt for Flash Cannon over Earth Power on Heatran. Your team has already has enough checks for Heatran plus it doesn't really offer much utility outside of defeating Heatran and getting an x4 super effective hit on Magnezone, who has no real business switching into Tran outside of the rare HP Ground anyway (Flash cannon can hit the likes of Terrakion, Clefable, Mega Gardevior for super effective damage and you can take chunks out of Latios, Latias e.t.c.) and you also prevent Clefable setting up on you easier. You do lose the chance of denting Charizard X with it but most of them carry EQ so you won't be able to use it before you're KO'd.

Last edited:
If that's the case opt for Flash Cannon over Earth Power on Heatran. Your team has already has enough checks for Heatran plus it doesn't really offer much utility outside of defeating Heatran and getting an x4 super effective hit on Magnezone, who has no real business switching into Tran outside of the rare HP Ground anyway (Flash cannon can hit the likes of Terrakion, Clefable, Mega Gardevior for super effective damage and you can take chunks out of Latios, Latias e.t.c.) and you also prevent Clefable setting up on you easier. You do lose the chance of denting Charizard X with it but most of them carry EQ so you won't be able to use it before you're KO'd.
Might consider changing earth power to flash cannon, however dont see how that changes much. If im using Kabutops with rain dance and the rain is up i cant live a greninja surf or pretty much any water move under rain and i cant hit back water types with flash cannon. Im also not worried about clefable setting up on HEATRAN because it has roar. Thanks again for you help!

Hey here to suggest a few minor changes. I'm not sure why you have Stealth Rock on Heatran and Landorus. You should keep Calm Mind on Landorus to break through some stall teams. Rock Polish with a Modest nature could also work and would allow it to outspeed and threaten it's checks and faster threats such as, Greninja, Thundurus, Keldeo, M-Pinsir, and more. It's also neat because it outspeeds Sand Rush Excadrill. Rock Polish also allows it to double as a late-game cleaner. You're also a bit weak to CM Clefable, it can setup on Breloom ( if it uses another mon as sleep bait), Gyarados, and Dragonite. It clean sweeps once Heatran is gone. Use Sludge Wave over Focus Blast to smack Clefable. Earth Power and Focus Blast share the same coverage and it's very inaccurate, you won't miss it n_n. This change also helps Gyarados setup because it doesn't have to worry about Clefable forcing it out. Also consider Taunt over Ice Fang on Mega Gyarados in order to setup and avoid being statused by supporting mons like Chansey and Ferrothorn. This opens you up a bit to Mega Venusaur but M-Venusaur can be taken care of by Landorus and Dragonite and it shouldn't be too difficult to handle if you play aggressively when you see one in the team preview (e.g double switching breloom or kabutops to Dragonite or Landorus). I hope I helped a bit.

Hey here to suggest a few minor changes. I'm not sure why you have Stealth Rock on Heatran and Landorus. You should keep Calm Mind on Landorus to break through some stall teams. Rock Polish with a Modest nature could also work and would allow it to outspeed and threaten it's checks and faster threats such as, Greninja, Thundurus, Keldeo, M-Pinsir, and more. It's also neat because it outspeeds Sand Rush Excadrill. Rock Polish also allows it to double as a late-game cleaner. You're also a bit weak to CM Clefable, it can setup on Breloom ( if it uses another mon as sleep bait), Gyarados, and Dragonite. It clean sweeps once Heatran is gone. Use Sludge Wave over Focus Blast to smack Clefable. Earth Power and Focus Blast share the same coverage and it's very inaccurate, you won't miss it n_n. This change also helps Gyarados setup because it doesn't have to worry about Clefable forcing it out. Also consider Taunt over Ice Fang on Mega Gyarados in order to setup and avoid being statused by supporting mons like Chansey and Ferrothorn. This opens you up a bit to Mega Venusaur but M-Venusaur can be taken care of by Landorus and Dragonite and it shouldn't be too difficult to handle if you play aggressively when you see one in the team preview (e.g double switching breloom or kabutops to Dragonite or Landorus). I hope I helped a bit.
Wow thanks alot! lots of great ideas and things I will have to try. Will edit my team with a few of your suggestions and see how it goes. If it does well ill make the changes to the thread. Thanks again for the great content and advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)