XY Ubers Libera Me From Hera (v1.1)

I'm not dead. Yep. The idea of this team came from Minority Suspect giving me a Pokemon to build around, which was Mega Heracross. After me saying in my mind "fuck the police", I set out to make the team, with a Trick Room twist. So, let's dive right in!

Ty for Minority Suspect and ApplepieFTW for helping on the team.

FITE DA POWA
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
-Pin Missile
-Rock Blast
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance

The star of the show, Heracross has actually been quite successful with my playtest with him. Outside of being the main win condition, it can anti-lead Deo-D and Deo-S, and is very useful at breaking past Subs (no GeoXern doesn't count). Rock Blast is for Ho-Oh when SR has been removed and/or Donner is ded. Setting up an SD in Trick Room essentially means gg, but alternatively, Bullet Seed is a decent option against Mono-CM Waterceus or other bulky Waters. All in all, Heracross is a fun, underrated threat, and I had a ball making a team on him.

Lordgenome
Arceus-Fairy @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
-Judgment
-Recover
-Will-O-Wisp
-Calm Mind

Darceus has been a very interesting win condition #2 and a suitable replacement to Fairyceus. The fact I don't have to worry so much about MegaGar, Ghostceus and Ho-Oh is very soothing, and having a Dark and Ghost resist is very helpful as well. This is pretty much the standard CM set, but Refresh is absent. Having a WoW user imo is one of the most important parts to having a successful team, and the fact that I can outspeed EKiller under TR (if it doesnt use ESpeed) and burn it is very helpful, so instead of Gira-O, this got it instead. Putting Refresh on Darkceus may be helpful, but considering that this is a backup win condition, stallbreaking isn't too high on this mon's to-do list.

Furai Rank
Vicitni @ Flame Plate
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
-V-create
-Bolt Strike
-U-turn
-Trick Room

Serving as the first TR setter and an emergency Xerneas check, Victini is an absolute powerhouse on the team thanks to its support and the sun Groudon gives it. Victini unfortunately has an SR weakness, but U-turn lets escape MegaGar and other STag users (Mega Hera literally blows up Gothitelle. Literally.), or can set up momentum for the opportunity for other members of the team without the prediction suspenders being pulled up. Bolt Miss (thankfully remedied by Victory Star) helps as extra turkey and Ogre insurance, and hits almost as hard as V-create. Other ideas to help Victini and other members on the team is either hazard control or Wishpassers, but the latter would absolutely kill the team's momentum.

Dai-Gunzan
Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Stone Edge

Standard support Groudon bla bla bla. Groudon provides both sun and hazards for the team, both of which it appreciates. Without Groudon, I would not have a decent check to Ho-Oh and Zekrom or have SR to check Ho-Oh even further. EdgeQuake is standard, while Roar gives me extra phazing options against physical setup sweepers (EKiller, Ray) or racking up hazard damage to soften up larger tanks for Hera or Victini to rip through. Max HP and max Defense keeps Groudon in the game longer, and with TR up, it doesn't really kill the momentum much (counter Rking ScarfRom, killing Ho-Oh or bosted Ray, etc.)

Dai-Gunkai
Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Defog
-Shadow Force
-Dragon Tail
-Shadow Sneak

In order to check my Ground-type weakness, check Mewtwo and Ekiller decently, and remove the hazards that pressure most of my team due to the fact that all of them were grounded, Giratina-O was a good suggestion that dice made to make the team more well-rounded. As dice pointed out, Shadow Force + SSneak can kill standard GeoXern after SR while giving me a very powerful nuke, but this set does not do so hot against SubGeo, which can be troublesome. Otherwise, having priority is very helpful on a partial TR team such as this, and Defog helps out most of the team and lets Victini check Xern better. Dragon Tail is an extra precaution against setup sweepers (Ekiller), and some variants of CM Arceus if they get out of hand.

Ogre Brunch
Palkia @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
-Spacial Rend
-Trick Room
-Fire Blast
-Toxic

Palkia is always a good addition to any team, and this case is no exception. This set is a slight modification to the one dice gave me, since TR over TWave can help out Mega Heracross+Victini and allow the entire team to outspeed GeoXern after it boosts. Toxic pressures support Arcs that come in to Defog or soak up a hit from Hera or Victini. Fire Blast still gets boosted from sun, and with this set, Palkia can function in both primary types of weather.

FITE DA POWA (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Lordgenome (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp

Ogre Brunch (Palkia) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast

Furai Rank (Victini) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

Dai-Gunzan (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Dai-Gunkai (Giratina-O) @ Griseous Orb
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

Extra input on the overall team is greatly appreciated (this team is really malleable considering the main core member is MegaHera), so constructive criticism would be very helpful. Thanks for listening!
~In loving memory of Winston the Cat~
I'll miss you buddy :(

Last edited:
hi canman98

cool concept but intrinsically flawed

as heracross is by design, an offensive nuke without any real defensive bearings, your team is going to have to rely on pressure to wear down the opponent; however, with pokemon such as choiced locked palkia and victini who can allow for free switches much of the time, you are going to crumble to most well built teams due to your lack of defensive synergy. most glaring, groudon and land-t in particular give you a world of hurt as heracross, despite its typing, cannot check ground-type pokemon in any way, shape, or form. similarly, pokemon such as arceus-ghost can cause trouble as using victini as a sole xerneas answer instead of ho-oh + another soft check opens up that weakness. ekiller also can open up gaping holes in your team if it finds a turn to set up, such as on your palkia, as a neutral arceus form and groudon is hardly enough to manage it effectively. lastly, the last main weakness is probably the lack of hazards removal. this makes victini a shaky xerneas check, all your spikes-grounded pokemon far less effective, and your team inherently disadvantaged against klefki, scolipede, or ferrothorn teams. your team is going to require a lot of work to be effective.

first and foremost, i would definitely run giratina-o instead of dialga. it similarly provides a secondary water-resist much like dialga while giving the ever so important defog and a ground-type check which covers many of the current flaws in the team. also, it helps against mewtwo who could have been annoying if carrying shadow ball, and also gives an additional check to ekiller which you seemed quite weak to.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Force
- Defog

is the set i would recommend-- shadow force is essential to prevent xerneas from setting up (shadow force + sneak after SR can kill depending on EVs) and the defensive investment instead of hp is focused to gear toward taking psystrikes and shadow claws. defog, of course, is naturally on this set.

the last change i would make is to use arceus-dark instead of fairy. dark can similarly check offensive yveltal while also giving you a solid answer to arceus-ghost which you currently lack. it also helps, once again, with opposing mewtwo. the last move of your choice is up to you-- cm refresh, substitute, sludge bomb (lol) or wisp could all work i reckon.

of course, the loss of dialga requires you to change up your palkia set. if you feel one tr setter isn't enough, you could make it tr palkia. if you do not feel that you need another, i would definitely change your set to fire blast / spacial rend / toxic / thunder wave @ leftovers to neuter xerneas if it tries to set up.

thanks for sharing

Yeah Dice already covered everything I wanted to say with his rate, I highly suggest you to go with what he suggested.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I also agree with Dice's suggestions, they are very good. If I have any qualms, when you replace Fairyceus and Dialga you lose your dragon and flying resists, so you are consequently weaker to Ho-Oh and stuff. Because of these changes, you end up putting a bit more pressure on Groudon to check Zekrom+Ho-Oh (though you take some off with Gira-O), and it might be worth just running a full defensive spread to give it a bit more bulk to last longer. I really don't have much else to say; there's not really much else you can do to get back those resists without changing team dynamics. Good luck!

Also you didn't fully update the OP just saying.

I also agree with Dice's suggestions, they are very good. If I have any qualms, when you replace Fairyceus and Dialga you lose your dragon and flying resists, so you are consequently weaker to Ho-Oh and stuff. Because of these changes, you end up putting a bit more pressure on Groudon to check Zekrom+Ho-Oh (though you take some off with Gira-O), and it might be worth just running a full defensive spread to give it a bit more bulk to last longer. I really don't have much else to say; there's not really much else you can do to get back those resists without changing team dynamics. Good luck!

Also you didn't fully update the OP just saying.
Yeah Dice already covered everything I wanted to say with his rate, I highly suggest you to go with what he suggested.
hi canman98

cool concept but intrinsically flawed

as heracross is by design, an offensive nuke without any real defensive bearings, your team is going to have to rely on pressure to wear down the opponent; however, with pokemon such as choiced locked palkia and victini who can allow for free switches much of the time, you are going to crumble to most well built teams due to your lack of defensive synergy. most glaring, groudon and land-t in particular give you a world of hurt as heracross, despite its typing, cannot check ground-type pokemon in any way, shape, or form. similarly, pokemon such as arceus-ghost can cause trouble as using victini as a sole xerneas answer instead of ho-oh + another soft check opens up that weakness. ekiller also can open up gaping holes in your team if it finds a turn to set up, such as on your palkia, as a neutral arceus form and groudon is hardly enough to manage it effectively. lastly, the last main weakness is probably the lack of hazards removal. this makes victini a shaky xerneas check, all your spikes-grounded pokemon far less effective, and your team inherently disadvantaged against klefki, scolipede, or ferrothorn teams. your team is going to require a lot of work to be effective.

first and foremost, i would definitely run giratina-o instead of dialga. it similarly provides a secondary water-resist much like dialga while giving the ever so important defog and a ground-type check which covers many of the current flaws in the team. also, it helps against mewtwo who could have been annoying if carrying shadow ball, and also gives an additional check to ekiller which you seemed quite weak to.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Force
- Defog

is the set i would recommend-- shadow force is essential to prevent xerneas from setting up (shadow force + sneak after SR can kill depending on EVs) and the defensive investment instead of hp is focused to gear toward taking psystrikes and shadow claws. defog, of course, is naturally on this set.

the last change i would make is to use arceus-dark instead of fairy. dark can similarly check offensive yveltal while also giving you a solid answer to arceus-ghost which you currently lack. it also helps, once again, with opposing mewtwo. the last move of your choice is up to you-- cm refresh, substitute, sludge bomb (lol) or wisp could all work i reckon.

of course, the loss of dialga requires you to change up your palkia set. if you feel one tr setter isn't enough, you could make it tr palkia. if you do not feel that you need another, i would definitely change your set to fire blast / spacial rend / toxic / thunder wave @ leftovers to neuter xerneas if it tries to set up.

thanks for sharing
Got it. Updating the OP (couldn't finish it immediately cuz I was in a DE class srry haxiom). Updating explanations to follow new changes.

Edit: Fixed the OP and updated both the descriptions and importable. I would like some extra input on Palkia's set, as it is by far the most unorthodox and having TR or TWave is a difficult decision.

Last edited:
I'm not an Ubers player whatsoever, but...

Palkia is always a good addition to any team, and this case is no exception. This set is a slight modification to the one dice gave me, since TR over TWave can help out Mega Heracross+Victini and allow the entire team to outspeed GeoXern after it boosts. The max Spe EVs are to get a TR off if I'm in a situation in which I have to sack Palkia (also since it will not be abusing TR anymore). Toxic pressures support Arcs that come in to Defog or soak up a hit from Hera or Victini. Fire Blast still gets boosted from sun, and with this set, Palkia can function in both primary types of weather.
serebii said:
Trick Room: -7 Priority
Speed won't help, unfortunately. I'd recommend maximum HP over Speed, or something else that would be relevant.

I'm not an Ubers player whatsoever, but...

Speed won't help, unfortunately. I'd recommend maximum HP over Speed, or something else that would be relevant.
Ya, in this case, I think max HP would be better if that's the priority of the move. Edited the OP and import accordingly (also bump)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)