Life Without DNA

Hello, I'm Dragoon124. This is my second rmt. With the OU suspct test on Deoxys-D, I am finally trying to actually play weel and make reqs. I alo wanted to see how hyper-offense fared with Deoxys-D. However, for some reason I am not able to get many wins and have made 3 separate alts now to try to make reqs. Due to this problem, I've decided to make a RMT of my team and ask the community for help. AS before, all suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

The Team

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
Evs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Shard
~Endeavor
~Earthquake

The first thing I did when creating this team was get a hazard setter that fits hyper offense. The main choices: Terrakion. Mamoswine, Azelf, Custap Forretress (at least that was what I could think of). I used to have Terrakion in this spot, but I was Dragon weak and Mamoswine fit as a Dragon slaughterer perfectly. I was also lacking any form of priority. Stealth Rock is for hazards, Ice Shard for murdering Dragons and the genies, Earthquake for seccondary stab, and Endeavor to take advantage of focus sash+hail and sandstorm immunity+priority.

Possible Changes- Switching out Focus Sash for Life Orb and Endeavor for Icicle Crash/Spear

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
~Rock Polish
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Hidden Power Ice

Now, some you may be saying, you have a Tyranitar. Why not use normal RP Landorus (with either ability). You have a good point. In fact, I will probably seriously consider that. However, the reason why I continue to use Landorus-T after I added Tyranitar is 1) Intimidate, 2)Surprise, and 3)Not being weather reliant. You see, I'm a strong believer in still having a failsafe on a HO teamto a double dance Terrakion who has set up a Rock Poish on your Scarf Keldeo locked into Hp Ice. Intimidate, and Landorus-T in general, brings that to the table. Rock Polish is also very surprising against the majority of teams, and frankly, very few teams seem to be prepared to handle it. Eatquake is for STAB, Stone Edge for EdgeQuake coverage, and Hidden Power Ice for opposing Landorus, Gliscor, and to an extent, dragons.

Possible Changes: Switch to RP Sand Force or Sheer Force Landorus

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Evs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Superpower
~Roost

I originally had a Jolly SD Haxorus here. Then I realized, Haxorus wasn't doing anything in most matches. If I got a Swords Dance up, I was facing a faster pokemon or Skarmory and was about to die to the next round of SR + Sandstorm. I realized I needed a Pokemon that could make the best of every moment it got. It should have no counters, and its role would be to blast holes into opposing teams so that I could later clean up. I also wanted a Dragon, due to the sheer power and neutral coverage they had. Finally, I didn't want another pokemon 4x weak to ice type attacks (not that this is much better). And no, I did not want to support a SR weak Pokemon. The I found Hydreigon. The very prescence of Hydreigon should be counted as Psychological Warfare. When someone sees it, they first think how to not let it get a free switch, and, when it gets in, what move it's going to choose/ what's least valuable against his team. Hydreigon fulfilled all I wanted out of this slot. Draco Meteor is to kill stuff, Fire Blast to hit steels, and Superpower for Chansey, Blissey, and Heatran. Roost is to shrug off weak attacks and LO+SS damage.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Evs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
~Hydro Pump
~Surf
~Secret Sword
~Hidden Power Ie

My team's only scarfer, and an excellent one at that. Keldeo serves as a fantastic revenge killer, rain check, and dragon killer (to an extent). It's fantastic coverage, ability to go psudeo-mixed with Secret Sword, and wonderful speed tier all contribute to its success on this team. It also somehow ends up being my win condition in many battles. It additionally is a fantastic partner with Tyranitar, what with Tyranitar Pursuit-trappingall of it's counters. Hydro Pump is there for nuking things, Surf for reliability, Secret Sword for dual STAB and hitting the Defense of the opposing poemon, and Hidden Power Ice for coverage and revenging dragons+therians.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
Evs: 180 Hp / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
~Pursuit
~Crunch
~Stone Edge
~Superpower

Standard CB Tyranitar. Tyranitar, when it comes down to it, is here for 2 main reasons: 1)Weather Control, and 2) Murdering Keldeo's counters. It does a good job at both, and additionall provides Pursuit trapping for all and a Choice Band boosted 134 base attack. Pursuit is for Pursuit trapping, Crunch for STAB and mindgames, Stone Edge for main STAB, and Superpower for coverage.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Evs: 220 Hp / 180 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
~Nasty Plot
~Giga Drain
~Earth Power
~Baton Pass

Celebi was actually suggested by user MJB to better cover rain teams; well not NP Celebi, but I tried this set out to keep with the offensive nature of this team. This uses the alternate bulky spread listed in the analysis, although they failed to mention theextra evs leftover. NP Celebi is a beast in today's metagame, what with all the rain teams around. Nasty Plot is for boosting, Giga Drain is for STAB and pseudo-recoveryn and Earth Power is for coverage. Baton Pass finds some use here so as to avoid Pursuit and pass Nasty Plot to Hydreigon, Keldeo, or even Landorus-T

Possible Changes- Replacing Baton Pass with Recover, Psychic, or Hidden Power Ice/Fire; changing set to offensive.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my team. I would be even more pleased if you could take some time to suggest changes to the team, preferably in a short amount of time from the posting of the team.​

Hi there, got the request,

Interesting Hyper Offense team with some underused threats such as Mixed Hydreigon and Rock Polish Landorus-T. In general you look pretty Dragon weak, as stuff like Choice Band Dragonite and Life Orb Latios causes you big problems if Landorus-T or Tyranitar are weakened. I'd probably go with your hunch on Mamoswine, try out Life Orb and Icicle Crash over Focus Sash and Endeavor. You might find your priority is a little stronger, and in general you can hit much harder which is great for stuff like Agility Thundurus-T and Latios who need that extra bit of damage. You still retain Stealth Rock, and hopefully this might convince you to play a little more conservatively with Mamoswine as that priority is really too good to miss.

Also on the topic of Dragons, you don't have a resist, meaning you're going to be even more hard pressed against them. I'd argue Choice Specs Latios is the single biggest threat to this team, as it has a high chance to 2HKO your current Tyranitar set. I'd advise you slightly modifying your set a little, to a spread of 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 Spe. It might seem odd to compromise your attack investment on Choice Band Tyranitar, but I think it works in this scenario. Now your chances of being 2HKO'd are much smaller, while you can now also outspeed standard Jellicent and Crunch / Pursuit it before it gets a chance to Will-O-Wisp, meaning Keldeo will be able to sweep much easier.

Looking at your team, I don't really understand your Landorus-T set much. When you look at your team, I don't think you need to run Hidden Power [Ice] on Landorus-T for Gliscor, when you already have Scarf Keldeo, Mamoswine and Hydreigon for it. If you're looking for a filler move, I'd strongly consider trying out Swords Dance. Double Dance Landorus-T is something I've used extensively and the power of it is mind blowing. I feel like you'll be able to sweep a lot more consistently as you can easily setup against things like Ferrothorn and Forretress, and at that point you can severely dent your counters to the point where they're pretty much useless. If you go with this change, switch over to an Adamant Nature and try out an EV spread of 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe, allowing you to outspeed Scarf Latios and the majority of Timid Venusaur after a Rock Polish which is all you really need to hit.

Despite Celebi on your team, you're still pretty weak to Rain. I'd argue Celebi is really not that good against Rain when it lacks recovery, as you really have no business continually switching into Keldeo and Politoed to sponge water attacks. If anything, I think it kinda slows down your momentum, as Celebi has to setup in order to do anything and the Grass / Ground coverage is pretty awful in itself. If you want a decent check against the aforementioned Rain Pokemon, then I'd try something like Expert Belt Latios, who can run recovery and doesn't mind taking a Surf or two. Additionally Latios also provides you with a much better check against Mamoswine and Thundurus-T, and it is also worth mentioning that any team that carries enough Steels to beat the combination of Hydreigon and Latios will unlikely be able to take on Mamoswine and Landorus-T reliably. Just something to consider, Latios doesn't kill your momentum as much and provides you with instant power that Celebi can't really compete with.

Good luck!

Latios @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)