ORAS OU Light Fire to the Sky! Mega Zard Y (OU)

After dabbling a bit in UU, I've gathered a couple of notable Pokes from that tier to fill a couple of roles in my old OU team. I've done really well compared to what I usually do on the ladder, but I find Rain & Stall teams to be a pain in the butt. Please, rate my team and understand that ALL constructive criticism is welcome! Without further ado, here's my lineup!

Ancalagon (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

My team's brutal beast deserves the first spot here in our analysis. Charizard Y is a force to be reckoned with. Fire Blast OHKO's or 2HKO's plenty of common Pokes in the tier while in the Sun and Solarbeam checks Azumarill, Suicune, Slowbro, and Manaphy. Focus Blast checks Heatran and Roost is to keep Zard around for a bit longer or if I had to switch him into Rocks.

Lovelace (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Empoleon is my Specially Defensive Wall. I immediately pivot into this Mon when a opponent thinks it's okay to switch into Latios for a Draco. Empoleon eats Special Attacks for breakfast and can even start shuffling my opponents team if Rocks are up. Empoleon's Roar also assists with phasing Pokemon like Clefable who want to set up on me. Ice Beam hits Pokemon like Latios and if I'm able to catch a Lando-T off guard.

BigMeatyClaws (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor is my physical Wall Breaker and Revenge Killer. He checks Pokemon like Clefable with BP while also trapping the likes of any Psychic types in the tier like Gardevoir. U-Turn is Scizor's 2nd STAB while also keeping momentum running with my team and Superpower is for coverage like Ferrothorn, Chansey, Blissey, and others.

Mufasa (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Lando is pretty standard for OU. Acting more as my physically defensive wall, Lando eats physical moves while providing Chip damage with his Rocky Helmet.

Kanye (Sableye) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Sableye is my typical lead. Sableye can cripple plenty of my opponents physical attackers, Knock-Off items like Eviolite or Toxic Orb on the usual suspects, and break any stall teams with Taunt.

Dex (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Rotom is also pretty standard. It has Volt Switch to continue my team's momentum and also having double status infliction to throw my opponent's off and cover different checks I can switch Rotom into (Lando, Garchomp, Hippowdon).

Adjustments:
+
Empoleon's gimmick with Roar is that it sets Stealth Rock and throws Pokemon back and forth to do hazard damage, so Rocks are more important than Ice Beam in my opinion. It's supposed to be an all-in-one package of annoying bulk for teams. Using both Lando-Therian (Or that set, anyways,) and Empoleon is a waste of a slot, in my opinion. Replacing the Lando-T set you have now with Gliscor could give your team a much more broad competitive range.

The idea you're going for here is perfectly fine, however there are Pokemon that can fill this role much better, for reasons of bulk. This set, and 'mon in general, is absolutely /demolished/ by Victini's V-Create, Scarf Jirachi's Fire Punch, Volcanion's Fire Blast, and Talonflame's Flare Blitz. Running SD Doublade would give this slot much more of a fighting chance against these fire attacks, while still acting in offense nearly as effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)