Light Screen & Reflect

In Shoddy, things like Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes show up when you hover the mouse over a Pokemon on either side of the field. However, if you use Reflect or Light Screen, neither show up on the hover-over. This is very inconvenient as it makes you count turns and scroll the log up to figure out if it's active or if it has expired.

I'm making this thread to suggest that they be added to the hover over text. I can see no downsides to having them added.

There will be no more changes made to the code of the current version of Shoddy Battle, since development work is focussing on Shoddy Battle 2.

SB2 may well provide this information - though there has been debate about whether our simulator should provide information the real game does not. (There being no indication of screens, or for that matter entry hazards, in the cartridge games.)

Hrm, shame. I thought this might have a chance of being implemented as the Grass Knot bug was fixed the other day, meaning future edits were plausible. Oh well. Anywho, I don't think this thread is the place to debate whether SB2 should support information that the Pokemon games don't, but I do think it should.

Thanks for the response.

The problem with Grass Knot was that it made Grass Knot broken and actually affected the game. Plus, it's a very often utilized move. Thats why it was fixed. As for Light Screen and Reflect, I'm pretty sure what you are talking about will be in SB2.

If Trick Room was used (even if it ended 3 turns ago) it still says Trick Room, this is actually pretty confusing.

Also, please, a number beside Toxic Spikes, and a number giving toxic turn number except on Poison Heal. I support extra information because Shoddy is more fast-paced than another battle. There is less time to remember what has been placed down, be it Spikes or LS or Reflect. Also, in PBR, Spikes/TSpikes are shown as present, so why not?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Things like hover-info aren't actually giving more information, it's just presenting it in a new way. Anyone is capable of making their own client, so there is no benefit from not including it. Anything that can be done client-side, in fact, cannot be prevented. We want accurate server-side (mechanics).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)