Like a BOSS (A SS Team) Peaked on Ladder at 12th (PO server)

First, a Quick Look at the Workers

Now for the Introductions

Bulldozer (Landorus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

So this here is the BOSS. He usually forces a lot of switches so I get a free Substitute right of the bat. I almost always start by scouting with a Substitute and then I go from there. With the move Smack Down he sets the team up to Earthquake flying threats, either forcing switches or allowing for a KO himself. He can take on Gliscors and Skarmorys if they switch in and don't phase on the first turn. Also the Substitute works great for blocking a predicted Leech Seed or other status afflicting move and scouting in general against slower pokemon. The 8 EVs in HP is so he can set up the maximum number of Substitutes against inaccurate moves to attempt to get an advantage. On a side note Since the chances of Rotom-W hitting with 4 consecutive Hydropumps is 40.95%, he can spam Substitute and take out non-Scarfed varieties!

Sandbag (Tyranitar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SAtk / 96 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Now this Tyranitar was suggested to me and is a pretty common set. He is another common lead for my team and almost always guarantees Stealth Rock support if needed through the use of Focus Sash. He handles Scizors, Ferrothorn, and Glyscor switch ins pretty good as well. Also Skarmory takes a decent damage from Fire Blast but is generally a 3 hit KO. He is pretty much used for Sand Stream support and to absorb Ice Beams. Also, if I notice a opponent has a Garchomp, I try my best to keep him a live at full health to take out the Scarfed variety with Ice Beam. Also, with this EV spread, he is 3HKOed by all but the Choice Specs variety of Politoed. Pursuit is to attempt to do extra damage as some Pokemon switch out.

Scissorhands (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Now this is pretty much your standard Excadrill and he works pretty much the same way. Not really too much to say about him since he is pretty widely known. I try to hold back on using him making him my late game sweeper since he does a good job at it. Also a good Revenge killer in the Sand.

Trololol (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

So this is a pretty awesome Scizor. He works really well on my team and loves to set up. The Aerial Ace is there for countering fighting types and it OHKOs other Scizors setting up beside it after two Sword Dances. Another pokemon he sets up on is Ferrothorn since the entry hazards aren't much of a threat to my team. Despite what you may think about him not fitting in my team, he works really well as a defensive pivot and does a wonderful job of absorbing those grass attacks Gastrodon tends to attract.

PBJ Time (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 36 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

So after trying out a few different Pokemon I finally settled back onto this guy. He is literally one of the best Pokemon on my team. He takes a multitude of physical hits and can absorb the water attacks which I really need. With this set he can also threaten Ferrothorn instead of otherwise being walled by it. My team also enjoys the scald burn rate which really ups his usefulness as well. Also, does well up against many Pokemon because of the fear of burn on switch in. Garchomp can be somewhat handled with this set as well and Gliscors and Scizor. Overall I think he is one of the more solid members of my team.

MightyDuck (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Recover

So this guys is kinda like a Swiss Army knife, its got a lot of stuff. This Guy hits a lot of stuff hard that my team might have problems with and provides much needed resistances to key types. Recover adds survivability and helps him stay around if needed. Ice beam is for Gliscor and other dragons and Psyshock is for special walls. Thunderbolt really helps against bulky waters.

Immunities and Resistances

Immunities: Ground, Electric, Psychic, Water and Poison
Resistances: Normal, Fire, Flying, Grass, Rock, Electric, Ghost, Psychic, Fighting, Ice, Poison, Dark, Bug, Dragon, Steel
Total Resistances/Immunities: Still 17 out of 17 types =]

Coming Soon

A detailed threat list breakdown and how I like to deal with them individually!!!

Closing Remarks

I generally don't mind the opponent setting up entry hazards and use it as a chance to set up for a sweep with the Pokemon of my choice. On occasion, I can rip through a team with either the Landorus or Scizor. I feel really good about my choice of gastrodon. Special Thanks goes out to Dr. Poke aka Kirmanator aka Struggle Bug from the Pokemon Online Server for trying out my team and suggesting Zapdos and Mienshao, both of which work very well in place of Gastrodon. My playstyle suits Gastrodon more over Zapdos and Mienshao but I recommend trying them out if you decide to test my team.

Over all I think its pretty well balanced and I am looking forward to the input from others. I would also like to apologize for any mistakes I have made in this RMT. I am a new user and I did my best to try and make sure I followed the rules and guidelines to making an RMT. If I left something out that needs to be put in, please inform me and I'll try to add it in if possible. Thanks!

That is one hell of a Sandstorm team I only have a couple of remarks and those are your gastro, is a great idea but it depends on your opponent not having a Ferrothorn which many rain teams do have. Another thing is if your Dory goes down you don't have any scarfers to be late game cleaners, you could scarf your Latios and that would help it a lot. The team overall though is the most impressive and unique sandstorm team I have ever seen.

This probably is a more or less copy of the RMT I just posted yesterday on a French Site, I'm kind of the "inventor" of this Landorus set and even if the way I explained and posted this RMT was really ugly I also had posted it on Smogon. Well anyway I don't know if it is a copy or not, but he doesn't use well this Landorus set.

I won't post the links of my RMTs because I don't want to be blamed for promoting them on some one else's RMT, but for those who don't believe search a RMT called "The Ballad of Gay Tony" here and you'll find that I posted this Landorus set a pretty while ago, he's a great partner to Doryuzuu

This probably is a more or less copy of the RMT I just posted yesterday on a French Site, I'm kind of the "inventor" of this Landorus set and even if the way I explained and posted this RMT was really ugly I also had posted it on Smogon. Well anyway I don't know if it is a copy or not, but he doesn't use well this Landorus set.

I won't post the links of my RMTs because I don't want to be blamed for promoting them on some one else's RMT, but for those who don't believe search a RMT called "The Ballad of Gay Tony" here and you'll find that I posted this Landorus set a pretty while ago, he's a great partner to Doryuzuu
I assure you that I was unaware of your post for the set of Landorus. Also, even though I don't have any proof, I have been run this set on Landorus well before the English names were even released and I only battle on the Pokemon Online Server so unless you battle there, there was no way for me to have even seen your team.

On another note, I am currently trying out Mienshao (Suggested by an online friend) to see how it does on the team instead of Gastrodon since it can do severe damage to Rotom W. Also, I changed the Latios' HP Fighting for recover for survivability and due to the addition of Mienshoa. If I run the Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, what move should I remove?

Thanks for all the Contributions!!!!!

I feel like you are AssassinX (or someone I have battled) on PO? If so I've fought this team earlier in the week and so I can tell you he didn't copy it from your post yesterday. Also, I found this team challenging to face, so I'd say its good in my opinion.

One thing you might want to consider:

Quagsire just ignores your stat boosts with "Unaware". If you don't recognize it in time it just curses itself up to +6 +6, seeing as you don't have a grass move. It then is a serious threat to face, especially with Recover which most of them run. It then can cripple your team with Earthquake/Waterfall, and really only your Latios can do something against it. Just sayin'.

As another poster said, I would switch psyschock with dragon pulse. You won't need to hit ffighting that hard, just use dragon pulse.

Just two quick things:

Run pursuit over crunch on ttar. This way you can trap opposing latis and go for the kill.

Also, a not very effective Draco meteor hits harder than a neutral hp fighting. Just something I wanted to point out. Run a dragon move over ice beam.

So I changed a lot up on my team after some suggestions and a very good battler tested my team. The solution we came up with for the kind of weak Gastrodon, was a special defensive Zapdos. Another effective Pokemon was Mienshao for its offensive prowess, but in the end I opted for the bulk of this Zapdos. If you notice any problems or have suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!!! Also, the HP-grass covers my teams heavy weakness to Quagsire! Super thank yous to Teandal for pointing that out!!!

Time for a full rate!

Bulldozer (Landorus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

So this here is the BOSS and the usual leader of the team. He usually forces a lot of switches so I get a free Substitute right of the bat. I almost always start by scouting with a Substitute and then I go from there. With the move Smack Down he sets the team up to Earthquake flying threats, either forcing switches or allowing for a KO himself. He can take on Gliscors and Skarmorys if they switch in and don't phase on the first turn. Also the Substitute works great for blocking a predicted Leech Seed or other status afflicting move and scouting in general against slower pokemon. The 8 EVs in HP is so he can set up the maximum number of Substitutes against inaccurate moves to attempt to get an advantage. On a side note Since the chances of Rotom-W hitting with 4 consecutive Hydropumps is 40.95%, he can spam Substitute and take out non-Scarfed varieties!

Hmm well this seems like your running an anti-lead set and I have a better one than this for you. Give it a naive nature, a choice scarf, stone edge, EQ, u-turn, and HP ice. Voila! A perfect anti-lead set! And don't fret about rotom-w, your making him a bigger deal than he is.

Sandbag (Tyranitar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SAtk / 96 SDef
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Now this Tyranitar was suggested to me and is a pretty common set. He is another common lead for my team and almost always guarantees Stealth Rock support if needed through the use of Focus Sash. He handles Scizors, Ferrothorn, and Glyscor switch ins pretty good as well. Also Skarmory takes a decent damage from Fire Blast but is generally a 3 hit KO. He is pretty much used for Sand Stream support and to absorb Ice Beams. Also, if I notice a opponent has a Garchomp, I tire my best to keep him a live at full health to take out the Scarfed variety with Ice Beam. Also, with this EV spread, he is 3HKOed by all but the Choice Specs variety of Politoed. Pursuit is to attempt to do extra damage as some Pokemon switch out.

Moveset is solid but the item is kinda out of place. Try giving it lefties or a chople berry, whatever floats your boat.

Scissorhands (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Now this is pretty much your standard Excadrill and he works pretty much the same way. Not really too much to say about him since he is pretty widely known. I try to hold back on using him making him my late game sweeper since he does a good job at it. Also a good Revenge killer in the Sand.

^No comment neccessary.

Trololol (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

So this is a pretty awesome Scizor. He works really well on my team and loves to set up. The Aerial Ace is there for countering fighting types and it OHKOs other Scizors setting up beside it after two Sword Dances. Another pokemon he sets up on is Ferrothorn since the entry hazards aren't much of a threat to my team.

This one seems like the odd one out. You don't have a bulky water, so I recoomend you try something out over this. He doesn't seem to help your team much. Try a rotom-w maybe? But if you do keep him, roost > aerial ace. Just don't use it.

Struggle Bug (Zapdos) @ (Leftovers)
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 228 SDef / 20 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

This is my final Pokemon that I added to my team (actually added after I posted this replacing the initial Gastrodon.) He is basically my counter to all that is water, especially Rotom-W. At most, he takes barely over 50% damage from a Hydropump from Rotom and with the pressure ability he can stall out until Rotom runs out of Hydropump pp making him practically no threat to the rest of my team (also, the odds of all Hydropumps hitting is 40.96!.) HP Ice from Rotoms also pose very little threat as they do less damage than the the Hydropumps. The Heat Wave is there for steels and HP-grass is there so that he can take on Water/Ground types (especially Quagsire) that my team would otherwise have problems with. Also, the additional fighting resistance is a nice thing to have for my team. The additional speed EVs allow it to out speed non choiced Rotom sets.

You know what counters water? Ferrothorn. You know what can deal with Rotom-w and quagsire? Giratina, oh wait I've been playing too much ubers, Ferrothorn. I'll give you a set at the bottom.

MightyDuck (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Recover

So this guys is kinda like a Swiss Army knife, its got a lot of stuff. This Guy hits a lot of stuff hard that my team might have problems with and provides much needed resistances to key types. Recover adds survivability and helps him stay around if needed.

What is this I don't even... NO DRAGON MOVE! Madness I say, MADNESS! Anyway, a LO set on a sand team never really works very well. Recover can give you extra life, but with Latios suppar defenses he won't get it off very often. Try a speced set with draco meteor, tbolt, surf/hp fire, and psyshock/trick. Set depends on what you want to cover.
Here are some sets:

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SDef
0 Speed IVs
- Curse / Leech Seed
- Spikes / Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

A nice defensive presence on any team. Stops most rain sweepers in their tracks. You can opt for a more offensive or supportive set, depends on what you feel like doing.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-wisp / Pain Split
- Thunder Wave / Pain Split

Rotom is one of the few pokemon that should run max power. With low HP and great defenses, Rotom-w can recover a lot of health with pain split. In the final slot you can try a status move of your choice.

Good luck!

@DARKTRAINERETHAN99: He is using an OU team. Using these Pokemon would take away his eligibilty for OU and he would get beaten with a half OU and half Uber team. also don't type in caps or you will get kicked or something.

Hey John! A pretty solid team but just a few nitpicks on a few of the movesets.
On latios, i'd recommend dragon pulse over psychoshock as for the special walls t-bolt hits burungeru harder and you wouldnt stay in on a nattorei with that moveset and you can switch to randoruso on Blisseys to get free SDs baring a ice beam from the bliss which is even more uncommon then Bliss itself. With dragon pulse on their, you'll want to get rid of ice beam, i'd recommend putting HP fire on their to deal with one of the most used pokes, nattorei, it will REALLY help you as sure gastrodon can hit with a HP fire but it will get hit with a power whip in the process.
On that matter, i'd recommend putting toxic over hp fire to help were done things such as burungeru and cm latias and other things you want worn down faster than burning. On that note, you could use ice beam over EP with all the dragons running around.
You need not feel to take any of these move changes on board if you feel it's not for the best, but, good luck!

Hmmm, I might try switching up latios and gastros move sets. I think I'll try running Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt, HP Fire and Recover on Latios and Scald, HP grass or Earth power, Ice Beam and Recover on Gastrodon. The HP grass would be for Quagsire since he can give my team a bit of trouble. Thanks for the great suggestions!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Man I totally dig this team. Its really cool and effective, Smack Down Landorus in particular is amazing.

My first suggestion is to get rid of Focus Sash on Tyranitar, you are REALLY limiting its effectiveness with a Focus Sash. I'd suggest using Leftovers or a Chople berry. Leftovers could help absorb heavy Special Attacks from the likes of Latios over long period of time whereas chople lets you check Thundurus at all times.

Next, i'd run Toxic on Gastrodon to better check bulky Special Attackers like Latias and Quiver Volcorona. HP Fire is pointless because Scizor totally sets up on Ferrothorn. I'd use Draco Meteor on Latios because you need that power to cut through teams like a hot knife on butter. Draco Meteor / Surf / Recover / Psychock works wonders.

I don't understand what Aerial Ace achieves. Yes you OHKO it, but you can easily take it down with a combination of Bug Bite and Bullet Punch, and it that doesn't work its revenged killed by Excadrill and Latios. Try running Superpower to bypass Skarm (if it hasn't been lured and killed by Landorus, it can somewhat annoy your team) it really comes in handy against stall teams.

I hope I helped!

PS: Gabranth stop stroking your ego. Seriously, you didn't post anything constructive whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)