Linked

Something that you are forgetting is that steadfast and inner focus exist, and thus proceed to make life extremely hard for the opponent once the other guy tanks the fake out-turn and then either gets +1 speed or is able to hit really hard back. I.E. Mega Gallade.
I did kinda forget about those two abilities whilst creating the post. I suppose then that is isnt worth suspecting fake-turn after all. So for now, the suspect will be closed

I did kinda forget about those two abilities whilst creating the post. I suppose then that is isnt worth suspecting fake-turn after all. So for now, the suspect will be closed
Steadfast especially, since I suspect that if you try to use your linked move on the turn you get flinched, you probably boost twice since you technically flinch twice.

Um... I'm not sure if someone did something to the code for the meta on Pandora but whenever i would use fake out on another poke, instead of them flinching for both moves in their link they would only flinch for the 1st move.

Example replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-linked-1627119 -happens on turn 2-

I normally wouldn't care and proceed to adapt my teams to the meta but in past matches before this started to happen, if I used fake out on a poke it would be flinched for both moves in it's link. If we could please either get someone to fix this or correct me on this situation that would be great.

EDIT: Fixed by slayer pay this post no mind

Last edited:
Um... I'm not sure if someone did something to the code for the meta on Pandora but whenever i would use fake out on another poke, instead of them flinching for both moves in their link they would only flinch for the 1st move.

Example replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-linked-1627119 -happens on turn 2-

I normally wouldn't care and proceed to adapt my teams to the meta but in past matches before this started to happen, if I used fake out on a poke it would be flinched for both moves in it's link. If we could please either get someone to fix this or correct me on this situation that would be great.
I fixed that about 12 hours ago as soon as I noticed it.

Would a status move's priority from Prankster (say, Sableye's Taunt) carry over to a linked higher-priority status move (say, Magic Coat or Protect), or would both moves in the link be +0 priority?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A Pokemon that has proven to be amazing so far is Landorus Therian. Like in normal battling it's an amazing pivot.

Landorus-T (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

From what I've seen this is the most popular set and it's hell for offensive teams to handle. It functions like in standard OU, but it just got buffed. It can switch into a lot of Pokemon and annoy them. Either it forces them out or it threatens them with Super Effective moves or even just being KO'd. When they switch out you just Knock Off their item if they have one, so they're crippled and U-Turn afterwards so you can get momentum. Pretty much denying the opposing team of any momentum. It is really good at this because a lot of Pokemon are either outsped and KO'd or can't hurt it well enough. This causes it to be amazing against offensive teams, to an almost broken amount. Even with Linked Moves it can still switch into a lot of Pokemon! (Partly thanks to its two immunities!)

It's not deadweight against defensive teams either as they don't like their items being taken and it's still a pretty strong Pokemon. It's less good there, but not bad either as it still gives you a ton of momentum. You could run EQuake over Knock Off in the link to get it more powerful, but honestly this is too good already.

tl;dr: this thing is a beast, it gives you all momentum you want without any opportunity cost

A Pokemon that has proven to be amazing so far is Landorus Therian. Like in normal battling it's an amazing pivot.

Landorus-T (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

From what I've seen this is the most popular set and it's hell for offensive teams to handle. It functions like in standard OU, but it just got buffed. It can switch into a lot of Pokemon and annoy them. Either it forces them out or it threatens them with Super Effective moves or even just being KO'd. When they switch out you just Knock Off their item if they have one, so they're crippled and U-Turn afterwards so you can get momentum. Pretty much denying the opposing team of any momentum. It is really good at this because a lot of Pokemon are either outsped and KO'd or can't hurt it well enough. This causes it to be amazing against offensive teams, to an almost broken amount. Even with Linked Moves it can still switch into a lot of Pokemon! (Partly thanks to its two immunities!)

It's not deadweight against defensive teams either as they don't like their items being taken and it's still a pretty strong Pokemon. It's less good there, but not bad either as it still gives you a ton of momentum. You could run EQuake over Knock Off in the link to get it more powerful, but honestly this is too good already.

tl;dr: this thing is a beast, it gives you all momentum you want without any opportunity cost
Lando is a beast, but unfortunately it gets checked by anything with a higher base speed + a scarf. It also has the problem where if knock off KOs, it looses momentum, though not to the extent which v-turn victini does.

It's also prone to strong priority which seems to be everywhere in the meta

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 348-421 (109 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 256-303 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 129-153 (40.4 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (OHKO with brave bird in a link)

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 160-190 (50.1 - 59.5%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (OHKOs with espeed)

Then again, this is only a scenario where lando gets a KO with knock off and u-turn fails.
Other than that, lando does preform extremely well as a pivot and may as well be the best in the meta

I noticed that there was mention of cosmic power, recovery move clef so i took it upon myself to make a good set for it, and here is what i came up with

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 S.Def
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Moonblast/Moonlight
- Moonlight/Moonblast
- Stored Power

This monster is the epitome of an almost unbreakable wall, with the only things being able to break it being mold breaker and status users while punishing anything that even tries to break it with a contact move and increasing its damage output greatly. Once this thing gets up 1 cosmic power it might already be too late to stop it. This mon has the perfect capabilities to stop or at least put in some chip damage for most of the common threats in the metagame, calcs under the hide tags prove my point.

252 Atk Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 79-94 (20 - 23.8%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 Atk Ambipom U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 31-36 (7.8 - 9.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Does at most 33% and then takes a third of it's health in return.

252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 123-145 (31.2 - 36.8%) -- 75.5% chance to 3HKO

Afraid of scarf tail glow manaphy? Clefable takes care of that!

252 Atk Dragonite Sky Drop vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Unaware Clefable: 32-38 (8.1 - 9.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Something other than skarmory that stops d-dance sky drop dragonite.

0 SpA Sableye Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Clefable: 30-36 (7.6 - 9.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
4 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Sableye: 174-206 (57.2 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Finally this thing is able to break the mighty mega sableye with ease.

Granted without setup it can be broken by things like v-turn victini -takes 67-79%- and banded lickylicky explosion but thankfully for at least the former it deals chip damage back and for the latter after +1 it lives the explosion.

Depending on which slot you put your moves, you can build up your defenses while keeping offensive pressure or you can go all out in bulk and just hope that those defenses hold out because by the time you are at +6 you will only have 2 moonlights left; but thankfully you won't have to use them that much because you will have a 260 bp psychic type attack which is the equivalent of a stab 173.333~ bp attack at your spammable disposal.

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ambipom: 136-162 (46.7 - 55.6%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ambipom: 173-204 (59.4 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even with moonblast being stab, after +3 it does about the same as moonblast but at +4 it beats it.

0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Clefable: 177-209 (44.9 - 53%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO

It also helps break other clefables that might be running similar sets

Tl;Dr Cosmic power unaware clefable is op except for against status.

Last edited:
I noticed that there was mention of cosmic power, recovery move clef so i took it upon myself to make a good set for it, and here is what i came up with

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 S.Def
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stored Power

This monster is the epitome of an almost unbreakable wall, with the only things being able to break it being mold breaker and status users while punishing anything that even tries to break it with a contact move and increasing its damage output greatly. Once this thing gets up 1 cosmic power it might already be too late to stop it. This mon has the perfect capabilities to stop or at least put in some chip damage for most of the common threats in the metagame, here are some calcs to prove it.
In my experience, linked Cosmic Power + Moonlight is greatly harder to break than unlinked Cosmic Power + Moonlight -- OHKO, phaze, Toxic, or go home, basically. You won't miss the lack of offensive presence while it's setting up, but the Moonlight PP is probably quite tricky to manage. Not that you should be setting this up before its stops are taken out, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

EDIT: Excadrill can switch in on Clefables that don't have too many Cosmic Power boosts and very quickly rip through them with Swords Dance + Iron Head. There are qualifiers to that statement, but none that would be meaningful if you're playing intelligently.

Also, some other things I've thought of and (to a limited extent) tried:
  • Victini's a great Trick Room setter and abuser. Minimum speed and a Macho Brace, linked V-Create and Bolt Strike, U-Turn. Go first, boost your "speed", scarves a shit, Fake-Turn a shit. Probably not worth using off of a team that can abuse said Trick Room. Oh, and it survives V-Turn from opposing Victini -- which is actually its primary attraction. Jirachi with linked Trick Room + U-Turn is also a great, reusable setter.
  • Apparently Ferrothorn gets Swords Dance? Link it with Gyro Ball for lulz and surprise KOs. Keeps much of its defensive presence. Also better in Trick Room.
  • Running Sitrus Berry on things that might need to take a strong hit but don't need to wall things might be a nice idea, especially in the absence of a reliable Focus Sash.
  • It's hella basic, but SD + Knock Off (with Sucker Punch and Iron Head) Bisharp has been fantastic. The priority is nice, too.
  • Lucario's Espeed + Bullet Punch is actually stronger than Dragonite's Espeed+Aqua Jet. Dragonite's bulk probably gives it the edge here, though.

Last edited:
In my experience, linked Cosmic Power + Moonlight is greatly harder to break than unlinked Cosmic Power + Moonlight -- OHKO, phaze, Toxic, or go home, basically. You won't miss the lack of offensive presence while it's setting up, but the Moonlight PP is probably quite tricky to manage. Not that you should be setting this up before its stops are taken out, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

Also, some other things I've thought of and (to a limited extent) tried:
  • Victini's a great Trick Room setter and abuser. Minimum speed and a Macho Brace, linked V-Create and Bolt Strike, U-Turn. Go first, boost your "speed", scarves a shit, Fake-Turn a shit. Probably not worth using off of a team that can abuse said Trick Room. Oh, and it survives V-Turn from opposing Victini -- which is actually its primary attraction. Jirachi with linked Trick Room + U-Turn is also a great, reusable setter.
  • Apparently Ferrothorn gets Swords Dance? Link it with Gyro Ball for lulz and surprise KOs. Keeps much of its defensive presence. Also better in Trick Room.
  • Running Sitrus Berry on things that might need to take a strong hit but don't need to wall things might be a nice idea, especially in the absence of a reliable Focus Sash.
  • It's hella basic, but SD + Knock Off (with Sucker Punch and Iron Head) Bisharp has been fantastic. The priority is nice, too.
  • Lucario's Espeed + Bullet Punch is actually stronger than Dragonite's Espeed+Aqua Jet. Dragonite's bulk probably gives it the edge here, though.
I haven't actually run a match with it yet, but I've set Protect + Sucker Punch as a link for Bisharp. Basically if its priority fails due to faster priority or offensive status, it really doesn't matter because you have Protect up that turn anyway.

It's also prone to strong priority which seems to be everywhere in the meta

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 348-421 (109 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 256-303 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 129-153 (40.4 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (OHKO with brave bird in a link)

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 160-190 (50.1 - 59.5%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (OHKOs with espeed)
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 239-286 (74.9 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 171-202 (53.6 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 85-102 (26.6 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (maximum 95.2% damage)

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 107-127 (33.5 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 108-128 (33.8 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (maxumum 79.9% damage)

You didn't count in the attack drop due to Intimidate. Which makes your point least valid, to be fair. If Stealth Rock isn't present, it can survive all mentioned situations.

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 239-286 (74.9 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 171-202 (53.6 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 85-102 (26.6 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (maximum 95.2% damage)

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 107-127 (33.5 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 108-128 (33.8 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (maxumum 79.9% damage)

You didn't count in the attack drop due to Intimidate. Which makes your point least valid, to be fair. If Stealth Rock isn't present, it can survive all mentioned situations.
I was talking about a scenario where knock off KOs and a pokemon has a free switch into lando. If we are taking into consideration the intimidate drop, then it might be best to use some form of scarfed special attacker to knock it out, possibly scarfed keldeo, to check it

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The problem is that while they can revenge, they can't switch in without you sacking something that dies to a Knock Off alone. So it's able to be revenge killed yes, but what actually likes to be up against it (besides Scarfers locked into a good move). It can get in on a lot of Pokemon, threaten them out and get a lot of momentum. Also Scarfers may want to revenge, but even if they can take its hits (Keldeo) they lose their Scarf if they actually switch in. The only Pokemon that actually like switching in would be Terrakion and Lucario because of Justified, but they are horrified of mispredicting and facing an Earthquaking Lando. Mega's can do fine against it, but most really dislike its other moves.

Yes, you can beat it and I don't think it should be quickbanned or anything. But it's extremely powerful, especially as stall is really rare..

That said, Excadrill is amazing in sand as well in this meta. It outspeeds nearly anything, hits with two attacks with great coverage (Either Ground + Rock or Ground + Steel) and due to the lack of priority it's hard to revenge it. (Tip: Run something with priority, whether it's linked or not) Knock Off + Uturn Scizor seems good with Bullet Punch, whether it's mega or banded.

I updated my inital post with some of the stuff that you mentioned, thanks for the input!

After doing a bunch of different matches i believe i have found another 'gem' of offensive strength for the linked metagame.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Protect

Boy is this thing an offensive monster, after mega evolving it reaches lati twins speeds and attack and s.atk stat of mega zard y and mega blaziken. It outpaces most of the non scarfed metagame and does massive amounts of damage with 100 and 95 base power stabs that hit any sort of mon with hard damage no matter which defensive stat it specializes in. Calcs with impressive damage insue.

4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Clefable: 180-213 (45.6 - 54%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
(does 85.4 - 101.2%)(97.9 - 113.7% after rocks)

Has a chance to OHKO the mighty clefable, especially after rocks. If diancie gets min rolls twice with no rocks clef takes about 85% if clef proceeds to cosmic power and moonlight back up to 65% then all diancie has to do is get a high roll on both attacks in order to kill after 2 low rolls.

4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 105-124 (26.6 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 4+ SpD Clefable: 120-142 (30.4 - 36%) -- 48.8% chance to 3HKO
(does 57 - 67.4%)

This mon is also one of the few things that can beat talonflame even on switching in on a linked attack.

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 30-36 (12.4 - 14.9%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 60-71 (24.8 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
(does 37.2 - 45.3%)
+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 60-71 (24.8 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 120-141 (49.7 - 58.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
(does 74.5 - 87.9%)

All diancie needs to do is not mega evolve so that even after switching in on a linked brave bird and aerial ace or a swords dance it lives the next attack and then OHKO back with a diamond storm.

4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 576-676 (176.1 - 206.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even on attacks that aren't super effective, diancie can do awesome damage and follow up with either a switch or a strong coverage move

4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 54-65 (15.3 - 18.4%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 69-81 (19.6 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Diancie Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 236-280 (67 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(does 101.9 - 120.9%)

4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 154-183 (40 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 32-38 (8.3 - 9.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 328-388 (85.1 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(does 133.4 - 158%)

And finally, even if diancie doesn't have a coverage move it can at least do strong chip damage and then either apply offensive pressure or switch out to a better mon for the situation.

4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 216-255 (33.6 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 93-111 (14.4 - 17.2%) -- possible 6HKO
(does 48 - 56.9% ALMOST A 2HKO and is invulnerable to things like toxic)

There are some things that beat diancie most of the time and a couple that can switch in on a coverage move that they are weak to.

Scarf excadrill: 252 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 326-384 (90.3 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Lives the earth power most of the time and OHKOs back with an earthquake or iron head.

Sturdy or magnet pull scarf magnezone: Sturdy saves zone from an ohko from earth power then zone outspeeds and ohkos back with flash cannon. If zone is running magnet pull it lives anything not named earth power and ohkos back with flash cannon.
4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 72-85 (25.6 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 99-117 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(does 60.8 - 71.8%, Hp fire does about the same)

One last thing to keep an eye out for is diancie's very low 218 speed before mega evolving as it can cause some sticky situations against some things that wouldn't normally outspeed it such as non scarf tail glow manaphy.

Tl;Dr Mega diancie is extremely strong in this meta by breaking some of the common walls and stopping some very prominent threats

Last edited:
I got destroyed by two separate teams that made use of Scarf+Linked Tail Glow Manaphy. Granted, I was running Dragonite as my priority when I should have been using Talonflame (the latter OHKOs), but there are usually a few Pokemon on each team that said Manaphy eliminates on its own. It does depend on which move it's running linked with Tail Glow, though -- some bulkier resists can actually take +6 off of, say, Scald, but get decimated by Ice Beam. Bulky Water types can probably defend against it but IDK what they can do in return, as Manaphy is itself a fairly bulky Water type.

Also, good lord, Stealth Rock is shaping up to be good in this meta. Maybe because switching is so good, and lots of things can force switches? Or maybe I just need a defogger?

I got destroyed by two separate teams that made use of Scarf+Linked Tail Glow Manaphy. Granted, I was running Dragonite as my priority when I should have been using Talonflame (the latter OHKOs), but there are usually a few Pokemon on each team that said Manaphy eliminates on its own. It does depend on which move it's running linked with Tail Glow, though -- some bulkier resists can actually take +6 off of, say, Scald, but get decimated by Ice Beam. Bulky Water types can probably defend against it but IDK what they can do in return, as Manaphy is itself a fairly bulky Water type.

Also, good lord, Stealth Rock is shaping up to be good in this meta. Maybe because switching is so good, and lots of things can force switches? Or maybe I just need a defogger?
Since the meta isn't very big right now, 99% of my matches are just M'joe'ra and I facing off, countering each other's teams and such. We continuously make new teams and strategies, so I figured I'd point out a few threats that remain true through all of our matches. Tail Glow + Surf Manaphy is definitely a constant threat to many teams, as it hits even resists, which are rather scarce I might add, with insane power. It's speed and power were such problems for my first drafts of teams that I opted to create a set to hard counter it. This is when Unaware Clefable was born, but even that gets 3HKO'd if you don't link Cosmic Power and Moonlight. It soon became clear, however, that Clef can be useful for many pokes other than Manaphy too. This makes it another prominent threat that's arguably a must have for every team, as any type of setting up, weather offensive or defensive, is stopped dead in its tracks by this monster. The low Moonlight PP is sometimes a problem, but it can run Rocky Helmet rather effectively to punish those who try to hurt it.

Another extremely valuable poke for a team is Magnezone. The discovery of this Pokemon's uses in Linked goes all to M'joe'ra, and he's made more than one successful set with him as the platform. The original idea was Analytic Sub + Thunderbolt, which had massive damage output and was incredibly difficult to break once Sub was up. After this became predictable, another threat arose, namely Mega Diance. Because of this, Mjoe stuck a Scarf on Zone, seeing that it just barely outspeeds full speed EV Mega Diance. He then linked Thunderbolt + Flash Cannon, which hits most of the metagame with neutral/SE damage, and also OHKO's Diance. Surprisingly, this double STAB combo was more difficult for me to adapt to than even Tail Glow Manaphy in some ways, and it's speed is really obnoxious. Speaking of Mega Diance though, it can also run a very formidable set involving double STAB via Diamond Storm + Moonblast. It's great speed tier paired with Magic Bounce to counter any Prankster shenanigans make for a threatening force that hits really hard. I always make sure to have at least one Steel move, just in case.

Dragon Dance Altaria is pretty good too, but it doesn't seem to sweep my teams anymore. I think it's best claim to fame is that it does ~60% to Unaware Clef, making a switch-in impossible, which is something Manaphy cannot achieve.

Since the meta isn't very big right now, 99% of my matches are just M'joe'ra and I facing off, countering each other's teams and such. We continuously make new teams and strategies, so I figured I'd point out a few threats that remain true through all of our matches. Tail Glow + Surf Manaphy is definitely a constant threat to many teams, as it hits even resists, which are rather scarce I might add, with insane power. It's speed and power were such problems for my first drafts of teams that I opted to create a set to hard counter it. This is when Unaware Clefable was born, but even that gets 3HKO'd if you don't link Cosmic Power and Moonlight. It soon became clear, however, that Clef can be useful for many pokes other than Manaphy too. This makes it another prominent threat that's arguably a must have for every team, as any type of setting up, weather offensive or defensive, is stopped dead in its tracks by this monster. The low Moonlight PP is sometimes a problem, but it can run Rocky Helmet rather effectively to punish those who try to hurt it.

Another extremely valuable poke for a team is Magnezone. The discovery of this Pokemon's uses in Linked goes all to M'joe'ra, and he's made more than one successful set with him as the platform. The original idea was Analytic Sub + Thunderbolt, which had massive damage output and was incredibly difficult to break once Sub was up. After this became predictable, another threat arose, namely Mega Diance. Because of this, Mjoe stuck a Scarf on Zone, seeing that it just barely outspeeds full speed EV Mega Diance. He then linked Thunderbolt + Flash Cannon, which hits most of the metagame with neutral/SE damage, and also OHKO's Diance. Surprisingly, this double STAB combo was more difficult for me to adapt to than even Tail Glow Manaphy in some ways, and it's speed is really obnoxious. Speaking of Mega Diance though, it can also run a very formidable set involving double STAB via Diamond Storm + Moonblast. It's great speed tier paired with Magic Bounce to counter any Prankster shenanigans make for a threatening force that hits really hard. I always make sure to have at least one Steel move, just in case.

Dragon Dance Altaria is pretty good too, but it doesn't seem to sweep my teams anymore. I think it's best claim to fame is that it does ~60% to Unaware Clef, making a switch-in impossible, which is something Manaphy cannot achieve.
And it seems that a counter to choiced Manaphy, Magnezone, and Unaware Clefable exists in specially defensive Quagsire. It avoids the 3HKO from Clefable's Moonblast or anything off of Manaphy (save Energy Ball, but then Manaphy should be laughably easy to force out afterwards), and no Magnezone can touch it. Stored Power Clefable is possible to stall out with Toxic and Recover spam if you get it in fast enough. If you link Earthquake and Scald, it can very narrowly check Mega Diancie from full HP; given that it doesn't need to heal every turn against the Pokemon it answers and it appreciates getting extra damage in to do its job quicker, this is probably its best link.

Is it good for anything else though? I can't say, because I haven't tested it out or looked. But at least in laboratory conditions, it can beat most of the threats in that post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)