Linoone based team?

well I'm not sure if this goes here or not but does anybody know of links to pokemon teams that are based around a Linoone. I gave up trying to make one after I typed the whole RMT out and then accidently hit back. But I think the idea of a belly drum linoone owning a whole team with exteremespeed and shadow claw is awsome.

Heres my idea of the linoone in the team

Linoone-salac berry
gluttony
adamant
108 hp/ 252 attck/ 8 def/ 4 spD/ 136 speed
-belly drum
-extremespeed
-shadow claw
-dig

This is an awsome setup. it has enough speed so that after belly drum it will be able to outrun a scarfhera adamant.

does anybody know of a team with linoone similar to this setup in it?

Hey cool you copy-pasted the first movelisting for Linoone on the main site, removed all the capital letters, and posted it here.

I don't think Linoone really has the stats to be the main focus of a team, but speed isn't as important when your main offensive option is Extremespeed, is it? I'm not well-versed in UU, but considering Linoone's stats and the HP-halving of Belly Drum, perhaps a bit more EVs could be put in defenses for dealing with stuff you can't OHKO?

Yeah, he/she did, but it's a decent set which deserves some answers before being potentially locked.

Belly_______ teams have always been interesting themes to run, and some have even been semi-competitive. Sure, the Belly____ setup is golden, usually using pokes such as Linoone, Poliwrath, and most popularly, Charizard.

There are often two main backings for your star BDer. Proximal and Distal; or direct and indirect.

The indirects are support pokes that are often not out of place on any normal team. They would function well by themselves, perhaps have a bit more focus on the weaknesses of your Drummer. An example of an indirect could be a Donphan, bulky ev'd and sporting Roar/Rapid Spin/Earthquake/Ice Shard. Looks perfectly normal, with a firm purpose of spinning.

The direct would often be the linchpin support of your drummer, and is often a poke which WOULD seem out of place. Some duelists use this step, others think it's a waste and would rather brave their odds with their drummer. Since Linoone and Charizard aren't stellar defenders, I like using this step. One example of a direct drum supporter is a Jumpluff: Sunny Day/Sleep Powder/Encore/Memento. There's only one real purpose to MementoLuff, but when it works...

So if you try to build a drumming team, just know that it's not as cut-and-dry as it seems to be. Stuff that can wall you, faster pokes, or priority moves are annoying, and often lethal. Just be sure that you're prepared.

well I'm not sure if this goes here or not but does anybody know of links to pokemon teams that are based around a Linoone. I gave up trying to make one after I typed the whole RMT out and then accidently hit back. But I think the idea of a belly drum linoone owning a whole team with exteremespeed and shadow claw is awsome.

Heres my idea of the linoone in the team

Linoone-salac berry
gluttony
adamant
108 hp/ 252 attck/ 8 def/ 4 spD/ 136 speed
-belly drum
-extremespeed
-shadow claw
-dig

This is an awsome setup. it has enough speed so that after belly drum it will be able to outrun a scarfhera adamant.

does anybody know of a team with linoone similar to this setup in it?
i would remove Extreme speed because if you have enough speed alone with Evs and Belly drum so i would switch with Hidden Power Psychic to destroy over fighting types

i would remove Extreme speed because if you have enough speed alone with Evs and Belly drum so i would switch with Hidden Power Psychic to destroy over fighting types
Extremespeed is very important in a set like this to outrun faster opponents, or mach punch from Hitmontop.

HP Psychic? With a Base 50 Special attack, no EVs in that stat, and on a Belly drum set.
Could you explain how this would be a good choice over Extremespeed?

Also, use the RMT forum next time.

Yeah, he/she did, but it's a decent set which deserves some answers before being potentially locked.

Belly_______ teams have always been interesting themes to run, and some have even been semi-competitive. Sure, the Belly____ setup is golden, usually using pokes such as Linoone, Poliwrath, and most popularly, Charizard.

There are often two main backings for your star BDer. Proximal and Distal; or direct and indirect.

The indirects are support pokes that are often not out of place on any normal team. They would function well by themselves, perhaps have a bit more focus on the weaknesses of your Drummer. An example of an indirect could be a Donphan, bulky ev'd and sporting Roar/Rapid Spin/Earthquake/Ice Shard. Looks perfectly normal, with a firm purpose of spinning.

The direct would often be the linchpin support of your drummer, and is often a poke which WOULD seem out of place. Some duelists use this step, others think it's a waste and would rather brave their odds with their drummer. Since Linoone and Charizard aren't stellar defenders, I like using this step. One example of a direct drum supporter is a Jumpluff: Sunny Day/Sleep Powder/Encore/Memento. There's only one real purpose to MementoLuff, but when it works...

So if you try to build a drumming team, just know that it's not as cut-and-dry as it seems to be. Stuff that can wall you, faster pokes, or priority moves are annoying, and often lethal. Just be sure that you're prepared.
Thank you for this. It's all i needed I'm going to go make my team.

Try using a Driftblim on your team.

Driftblim @ Ganlon Berry
44 HP / 252 Def / 212 Spe
Bold

Hypnosis
Substitute
Baton Pass
Hidden Power [Flying]

I chose Hidden Power Flying because it gets STAB and deals with Fighting types that pack Mach Punch (Hitmontop, Hitmonchan, etc.) and because there are alot of Bug and Grass types in UU in general.

Driftblim passes Substitutes safely to Linoone as well as Ganlon Berry so Unburden activates, allowing you to pass your Substitute to Linoone on the 3rd Substitute first, also Ganlon Berry will allow Linoone to take priority (Quick Attack, Bullet Punch) Physical hits behind the large Substitute much better, letting it get a chance to Belly Drum before it breaks.

Also Driftblim works great because it is Immune to Fighting, Linoone's weakness, so it doesn't attract Fighting, Normal, or Ground moves, and since Driftblim is weak to Ghost moves, if you pass your Substitute to Linoone (whom is Immune to Ghost), Linoone can absorb the Ghost attack and just Belly Drum behind the Substitute.

That nice set but i dont think they would switch into ghost type with fighting so hp flying is kinda ify. Subs are a good idea to baton pass to drummer. I was wondering if it would be good to have 4 hp/ 252 atck/ 252 speed instead on linoone?

Try using a Driftblim on your team.

Driftblim @ Ganlon Berry
44 HP / 252 Def / 212 Spe
Bold

Hypnosis
Substitute
Baton Pass
Hidden Power [Flying]

I chose Hidden Power Flying because it gets STAB and deals with Fighting types that pack Mach Punch (Hitmontop, Hitmonchan, etc.) and because there are alot of Bug and Grass types in UU in general.

Driftblim passes Substitutes safely to Linoone as well as Ganlon Berry so Unburden activates, allowing you to pass your Substitute to Linoone on the 3rd Substitute first, also Ganlon Berry will allow Linoone to take priority (Quick Attack, Bullet Punch) Physical hits behind the large Substitute much better, letting it get a chance to Belly Drum before it breaks.

Also Driftblim works great because it is Immune to Fighting, Linoone's weakness, so it doesn't attract Fighting, Normal, or Ground moves, and since Driftblim is weak to Ghost moves, if you pass your Substitute to Linoone (whom is Immune to Ghost), Linoone can absorb the Ghost attack and just Belly Drum behind the Substitute.
mmm that might work for a bit... but if you Hypnosis an opponent... just how are they gonna break your sub...? I mean ok Hypnosis, they switch you sub yadda yadda, but Drifblim... once you sleep one of their Pokemon.. what's to stop them from setting up in your face... besides you passing to Linoone... although if they set up and you sub... you've just given your opponent a potential sweep...

also... Dig? ok I can understand it's there for Steel Coverage... but.. when you use dig... your opponent can take that chance.. and switch to a phazer... someone like Skarmory could wall your entire moveset and then Whirlwind away your Salac and Belly Drum ._. maybe... Switcheroo and Choice Band...? I mean.. you can cripple walls and Special Sweepers while you're at it.. and if you don't have time to Belly Drum, you've got Choice Band... although that makes it a bit... situational...

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only levitators in UU get absolutely destroyed by Shadow Claw, and there are no flying-types in UU strong enough to absorb a +6 STAB Extremespeed. Dig is incredibly viable to beat Aggron and Probopass, as well as weakened Steelix. If they don't have a Ground-Immune on their team, Dig is basically asking them "Which Poke do you want to lose first?"

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Extremespeed Linoone is setup fodder for Subpunching Aggron.

Generally:

Opponent switched in Aggron!
Linoone used Belly Drum

Then:
Aggron used Substitute!
Aggron created a Substitute.
Linoone dug underground.

Then:
Linoone used Dig!
It's super-effective!
Aggron's Substitute faded.
Aggron used Thunder Wave!
Linoone is paralyzed!

OR:

Aggron is tightening its focus!
Linoone used Dig!
It's super-effective!
Aggron used Focus Punch!
It's super-effective!
Linoone fainted.

The only levitators in UU get absolutely destroyed by Shadow Claw, and there are no flying-types in UU strong enough to absorb a +6 STAB Extremespeed. Dig is incredibly viable to beat Aggron and Probopass, as well as weakened Steelix. If they don't have a Ground-Immune on their team, Dig is basically asking them "Which Poke do you want to lose first?"
Wouldn't Aggron and Steelix just Earthquake for the KO?

Extremespeed Linoone is setup fodder for Subpunching Aggron.

Generally:

Opponent switched in Aggron!
Linoone used Belly Drum

Then:
Aggron used Substitute!
Aggron created a Substitute.
Linoone dug underground.

Then:
Linoone used Dig!
It's super-effective!
Aggron used Thunder Wave!
Linoone is paralyzed!
But that's why you use SubPassing :P

Hmmm isn't rock smash viable on some uu sets?

Edit: As a matter of fact it is +6 Adamant Linoone does 89.83% - 105.81% to max Hp neutral nature Aggron, and 36.16% - 42.66% to max defense positive nature Steelix. So you can take Aggron but Steelix is roughly a 3HKO.

its in UU, not OU
=.=;
you do realize... the initial post never says that its a UU team?
or the fact that
Heracross... is not in UU... at all this is aimed more at OU at this not just UU...
So.. you'd still need to watch out for OU threats...

well my belly drum team has UU pokemon but it rapes OU

well sombody just told me berrys don't always activate on shoddy battle and gluttony doesn't always work
They said its a glitch so i'm not sure my team will work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)