Litra's Sketches & Shenanigans - Not Taking Requests atm

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
That seems to be my one consistency no matter how I paint, huh? Good choice of music too~

So a week ago, I decided to create a new deviantart account, which is still in need of work given I am deciding what to share on there or not. Link: li-tra.deviantart.com

smogicon.jpg

In other news, went and made myself an avatar icon. Most of the work was done in GIMP after adding new toys as well as learning how the curve tool works. Might work on my icon making skills once I tend to some requests-

Crap, knew I was forgetting something.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus

Friend asked me to draw him a Charmeleon dressed as Big Boss. Since Lumi & Shade wouldn't stay when I saved as a .psd in SAI, merged the layers before doing rest in GIMP and experimented smudging certain edges while doing the flame.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Before I begin, would like to say a belated Happy 2016 and to announce I am back and somewhat ready to do art again. Before I go on, here is the first official piece I made for this year.

Unlike my other pieces, I decided to the coloring first rather than the Lineart in hopes of trying to achieve a more painterly look. Unfortunately, still disappointed I couldn't quite get the teeth the way I really wanted (as one noted in the art room, the size of the mouth could have been bigger). Now to explain my lack of art activity, I was suffering depression again since the middle of November and was trying to handle a list of other things. In addition, got Bloodborne on sale but I am fairly terrible at it. Maybe when I get farther, expect some sketches.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
In other news, decided to start dumping any illustrations I make for the Flying Press once the articles are released. They are illustrations for Fairy-types in OU, sand teams in OU, and The recently released spotlight on Salamence in UU. In addition, decided to get around to drawing in the Facebook thread.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus

A Feraligatr I made for the Facebook page Smogon runs. Was kind of a pain every site except dA kept cropping it, but at least it is uploaded properly.

Hate my trollish isp.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Hello again. Here are two more goodies:

First is a Flying Press illustration. Was my first time drawing Alakazam in general and thought drawing three of the spoons covered in elemental fists and rotating would draw more eye movement. My main regret was doing a meh job on the spoons and could have made the ice fist bigger.

This was a banner requested by someone who runs the ORAS UU Sample Teams thread. The nice part was that he gave me some lessons on playing in UU, a tier I have always been wanting to try out for some time.

Will likely post another illustration next time along with possibly doodles. Anywho, enjoy!

Next time,
Li

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there Litra I have to say you have absolutely fantastic artwork with the shading and the art style being very unique imo. Anyways, since you said you are considering requests, here goes nothing...

I would like the Pokemon "shown" in this pb: http://pastebin.com/6JCnFFBC to be perched on or surrounding the words "Class Warfare"
(The "look" of each class is where I am giving you creative space so feel free to do whatever you feel is best to portray the class :P)

This is all for an OM idea I have coming up and if it is too much, please feel free to deny it.

Good luck and congrats again on that official Artist status and all. n_n

Last edited:

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Lost internet for awhile today. Was expecting it to last to Thursday to Friday, but ended up lasting less than expecting.

Hey there Litra I have to say you have absolutely fantastic artwork with the shading and the art style being very unique imo. Anyways, since you said you are considering requests, here goes nothing...

I would like the Pokemon "shown" in this pb: http://pastebin.com/StKeFG31 to be perched on or surrounding this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/Fire_Emblem_series_logo.png; however, I want that font to say "Pokémblem" instead of "Fire Emblem".
(The "look" of each class is where I am giving you creative space so feel free to do whatever you feel is best to portray the class :P)

This is all for an OM idea I have coming up and if it is too much, please feel free to deny it.

Good luck and congrats again on that official Artist status and all. n_n
Thanks for the compliments! As for the request, I'll see what I can do (along with the other two sent my way). Haven't really had much experience with FE so may need to look into the outfits (especially Kyu-B).

So, here's some illustrations! Think of it as bread and circuses minus the incompent tyranny of Ancient Rome!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ignore my request. I decided to not make it all "flashy" as I feel it won't be needed. Plus I wanna save my "request" until I have a better idea.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hey Litra really awesome art, was looking through your thread, and honestly, you draw the style I like to look at. :) Also I see you on PS and stuff, was wondering if you are taking requests at the moment, because I have a cool one in mind :)

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Working on a banner for someone rn, but you are free to mention your request since I am always reading. Thanks for the compliments btw!

Hi Litra, I'm a newb to the Smeargle's Studio, and I can't draw/paint/etc. for crap, so I was wondering if I could put in a request for a background to a magazine cover a la Smog, of a Cheek Pouch Salac Berry Linoone. It's totally a real thing in Ability Unity/AAA/something else, and your art is absolutely stunning. I know that it's a random request, but it would be awesome if you could make it for me! Also, side note, your Zorua Illusion-ing into Primal-Kyogre is my favourite piece of yours. It's sooo good :D

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Hi Litra, I'm a newb to the Smeargle's Studio, and I can't draw/paint/etc. for crap, so I was wondering if I could put in a request for a background to a magazine cover a la Smog, of a Cheek Pouch Salac Berry Linoone. It's totally a real thing in Ability Unity/AAA/something else, and your art is absolutely stunning. I know that it's a random request, but it would be awesome if you could make it for me! Also, side note, your Zorua Illusion-ing into Primal-Kyogre is my favourite piece of yours. It's sooo good :D
Thank you, and welcome to the Studio! Unfortunately, I am not taking requests currently since I have been held up irl managing likes such as the possibility of moving and a massive shift in schedule. Until further notice, those things are essentially on hold.

Even though my time has been a bit reduced, recently installed Krita and a trial version of Clip Studio. I love both of them from the little time I had, especially since I really want to buy the license of the latter since it's SAI but way better despite being barred from saving. My next update is likely going to be another SFP dump when I can, so keep an eye out for that!

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Oh my, it's been ages since I updated my own thread! Okay, before I post new stuff, might as well give some recent news.

In the time since my last post, I was finally able to upgrade my tablet to a medium-sized Intuos Art-type tablet, and it has proven to be leagues above my crappy Bamboo. Additionally, I also have Clip Studio but it's mostly for design purposes.

Okay, that's done. Now for art:

I finally got around to entering an art contest and I had to alter my style to account for Intuos being more pressure sensitive than my Bamboo. Since that was going to happen, thought I'd have fun and paint over my lines. Ended 4th, but I got what I wanted!

This was a doodle I did to test out the settings on a new pen tool in SAI (plus to forget that I was feeling like garbage due to rl) and I tossed in a BG to make it less dull. Thinking of coloring when I get more free time since I am content with my lining tool.

Until then,
Li

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Art dumpstertruck incoming!

Okay, needed a good but of time off because of rl things going a bit south and to do art for myself after losing joy in it. I am not posting all of it (mostly non poke stuff cause of a side project). My style's changed a tad since my tablet leans to more painterly.

Initial experimenting. Painting on the sketch layer after altering the color instead of boring and meticulous lineart. Got a shiny Flabebe (now a Floette, and still is) while playing Y. Playing it more now after my X file got corrupted when 3ds popped it out mid-save.

Doodle to distract from the malevolent heat wave. Why I went with a fire-type is beyond me.

Another experiment in the name of science!

Birthday gift art for a friend. She loves Togekiss like crazy! The bird took forever but the BG (which I was winging) took 20 mins tops kudos to Clip.

fairfolkgarde.png

Current WIP of my shiny Mega Gardevoir named Coco (May rename to Hectate after the goddess of magic and witchcraft) Had to start with purples on the dress because black wasn't doing well.

So yeah. Will be updating again later on even though rl is being annoying.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus

Just letting anyone who remembers me know that I am still alive. Life has sorta been a mess since I am busy trying to survive the cold while looking for a new place to live soon. Sucks every promising spot does not allow pets. Bleh.

Kinda tired rn so wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)