Little Cup Open II - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIME FOR THE CUTEST OF THE OPENS
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard BW2 LC.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the LC ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*
  • PS allows some illegal movesets. You cannot use them. If you use a banned moveset, depending on the circumstances, you could forfeit your match.
  • LC Rules and Resources can be found here.
  • BW cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
Stuff that would usually be in hide tags:
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Charmander v august
Eo Ut Mortus v Soulwind
DC. v Hot n Cold
Zebraiken v fitsy72
MarceloDK v SilentVerse
atomicllamas v aerialace tm40
Goddess Briyella
v Heist
davidness v PDC

Highlight Matches

If you would like to write these match ups up, or have any other matches you believe are highlight, please do not hesitate to let me know!

highlight matches will be posted after extension deadline

For those that want their battle livecasted:
http://smogon.com/forums/threads/livecasted-battle-compendium.3487261/#post-4799641

*Note: If you're uncomfortable playing on Pokemon Showdown, matches can be played on Pokemon Online v2 if both players agree.

Thanks to Zracknel for contributing the artwork for the tournament!

If there are any questions or concerns about the tournament, feel free to join #gslam on IRC.

The current standings are available here: http://goo.gl/rkS0M7

Deadline is 8 days from now, on Saturday 10/28

Extensions have until 10/22 to complete their matches.

Sorry for delay.

Last edited by a moderator:

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
(Charmander v RT.) v august
Eo Ut Mortus v SoulWind
DC. v Hot n Cold
Zebraiken
v fitzy72
MarceloDK v SilentVerse
atomicllamas v aerialace tm40
Goddess Briyella v Heist
davidness v PDC

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
(Charmander v RT.) v (august v papai noel)
Eo Ut Mortus v Soulwind
DC. v Hot n Cold
Zebraiken v fitsy72
MarceloDK v SilentVerse
atomicllamas
v (The Unlucky One v aerialace tm40)
Goddess Briyella v Heist
davidness v PDC

Zebraiken gonna wreck souls like a mega-gastly

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
lost 0-2, couldn't get a few max rolls i needed nor hjk misses nor an avoidance of crits despite a bit of choking on my end

ggs

Alright so this is kinda annoying to me and i really hope this doesn't get coinflipped (how i lost UU and NU already) so let me explain what happened with Aerial Ace and I.

AerialAce were kinda cool with our times and scheduling p well, except for AerialAce screwing up some mental math with timezones since he was apparently drunk. Next days come and we both agree on a time, and he says the next day is better. Sounds good to me, but then he doesn't show up on then either, which really sucked. Afterwards, we planned to play saturday morning my time (GMT+8), and he doesn't show up before I had to leave (which wasn't that long of a time, around until his 12AM) so I just assumed he wasn't there.

Now we have an extension, and I can't play during the extension due to a 2 day archaeology field work, and I really don't wanna lose a coinflip/get activity'd for AerialAceTM40's messups. Not really trying to offend you (cool bro), but most of the messups on activity were on your end, and we probably won't be able to get the match done. Sorry

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Eo Ut Mortus v Soulwind
DC. v Hot n Cold
atomicllamas v (The Unlucky One v aerialace tm40)
Goddess Briyella v Heist
davidness v PDC

Eo Ut Mortus v Soulwind
DC. v Hot n Cold
atomicllamas v (The Unlucky One v aerialace tm40)
Goddess Briyella v Heist
davidness v PDC

aerialace TM40

FLY peliper FLY
well that would be an unfortunate way to end my run in the grand slam. Maybe we could get a super secret special extension so that we could play on the 23rd? :toast: yeah we both kinda messed up (I messed up mostly), but I don't want this to come down to activity

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
elodin couldnt play yday or durin the day today so hopefully we get it done 2nite

man I have been trying to schedule a game with my first opponent since forever ago but we can't seem to find a time that works
we are trying for today (in 10 minutes) so hopefully that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)