Little Cup Team Building Competition R3 [SUBMISSIONS]

Approved by Prem taken over from Ashley11

Little Cup Team Building Competitions! :O
Okay so I thought it would be a good idea to restart these because they are pretty fun and can be a good learning tool for making quality teams.

The goal of this project is to hone your team building skills, and understand how experienced Little Cup players go about building their teams around a particular core. For this project there will also be an emphasis on creativity, to avoid boring standard teams being posted every round, teams can only use two of the following pokemon: Misdreavus, Pawnaird, Fletchling and Mienfoo. With this condition in place, viable teams can still be made but it makes things a little more fun and prevents the same shit from being used round after round. So in summary the goals around this project are;

• To hone team building skills around a particular core
  • Being creative in team building, yet still make viable teams
  • Learn from others on how they team build around a particular core
  • Discover new and effective cores in the metagame
The rules of this thread are very simple, I post a core and users have a week to teambuild around that core, when the week is up people post what they think was the best team for that week, I would prefer people to explain in one or two sentences why they chose the team that they voted for and please please please don't bandwagon just because a user has mods, doesn't mean they are going to post the best team lol. Voting stage also lasts a week with the winners team being placed in the Team Building Hall Of Fame. Rules for posting;

• Make the post presentable, use xy sprites and have the team in exportable format so it can be used
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things, in fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it
  • Use hide tags when posting your team
  • You can only have two of the following Pokemon on your team: Fletchling, Mienfoo, Misdreavus, Pawnaird
Okay with that said the first core is....

Cottonee and Tirtouga

+

These pokemon are both quite effective in the metagame and cover eachothers weaknesses nicely. Tirtouga resists the poison, flying, ice and fire-type moves that make Cottonee cry, and Cottonee resists the fighting, electric and ground-type moves that hit Tirtouga super effectively. Cottonee has a variety of Prankster support options it can abuse like Stun Spore, Switcheroo, Taunt, Encore and Memento. Will it aid Tirtouga in achieving a late game sweep? Or will it make a nice defensive core with Tirtouga's useful support options? or something entirely different! Show me what you can do LC community!

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 76 Atk / 80 SDef / 236 Spd / 116 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 36 Def / 116 SDef / 36 Spd / 188 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 76 SDef / 40 Def / 80 HP / 212 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Shell Smash

Cottonee (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SDef
Impish Nature
- Encore
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off
- Memento

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 28 Def / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Ok so I made this team a while back, around Krowtite era. It features my innovative Solid Rock / Shell Smash set, which is probably the most fun I have had ever when setting up. This set is meant to bluff a lot, as the team really doesn't know what to expect. Top threats are taken care of, as Fletchling is stopped by Magnemite and Tirtouga, and Pawniard is played around by baiting the Iron Head and trapping with Magnemite. If you don't care to play prediction games, you can switch HP Fire for HP Fight, but then Ferroseed can be an issue, and I don't like playing Misdreavus early game. Magnemite has trouble with Pokemon such as Chinchou, and luckily, late game, Tirtouga can beat Chinchou one on one, even with Stealth Rocks up. With Solid Rock, it lives a Volt Switch, with Rocks damage, and can Shell Smash with full health. Which is extremely nice. It has easy set up oportunites from its teammates, Cottonee, who can Memento or Encore for a late game sweep. Alternatively, a Misdreavus sweep can happen, and that is extremely scary. Drilbur is a threat to this team, making smart plays extremely valuable. Croagunk helps to patch up some weaknesses, setting up on Pokemon such as Spritzee and Cottonee, while spreading Knock Off everywhere. Knock Off only makes Tirtouga's job easier, to end the sweep. I added Drilbur there, as a check to random things like Archen, as well as to mitigate hazards, although Drilbur is certainly replaceable for something like Pawniard. Drilbur is specifically EV'd to live Misdreavus' Shadow Ball at +2, while also having a low chance to 2hko with it. This team is super fun to play, if only fo rits unique style.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SAtk / 116 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stun Spore

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 84 HP / 228 Atk / 96 Def / 80 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Porygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 236 HP / 40 Def / 160 SAtk / 72 Spd
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Beam

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Ok so this is a more defensively-oriented team, with Solid Rock Tirtouga and a rather standard Cottonee set. The only Pokemon in the tier that can actually trouble these two is Timburr, so Croagunk acts as the glue for this little defensive core, taking any Drain Punches and Poison Jabs aimed at Tirtouga and Cottonee. These three Pokemon by themselves can usually switch in and out relatively easy, but I lacked a reliable way to check Misdreavus, so Pawniard. I chose Scarf over Eviolite because I needed something faster than the slow af core I had, and it lets me outspeed Misdreavus. Now I had a solid team to weaken and cripple the opponent's team, but I lacked a real win condition. Porygon is fantastic because not only can it sweep teams after their items have been knocked off and they've been paralyzed, but it can also wall Misdreavus. Hyper Beam is there to completely trash everything ever because Porygon strong af. Finally, I lacked a reliable way to remove hazards and I didn't really want any spinners or defoggers, so I figured "just stop them before they can." SubTaunt Misdreavus was born. So ya that's the team, I'm pretty confident in its capablities. The only really odd EVs would probably be Porygon, but that's just to have enough SpAtk to KO things and still have decent bulk.

(may also replace Misdreavus for something that can actually clear hazards or Natu cuz godly Magic Bounce)

Last edited:
TCR solid team, Misdreavus +Tirtouga is such a great offensive core and was my favourite to use all throughout b/w Nasty Plot Misdreavus just tears holes in teams making Tirtouga have a much easier time sweeping. Also Solid Rock SS set is the bomb I have used it before and it is great. Can set up a Shell Smash on Drilbur since it lives an Earthquake, also tanks things like Drain Punches of Fighting-types suprisingly well. Tirtouga with Eviolite also walls the shit out of birds. Earthquake> Stone Edge is interesting but it works on this team, lets it KO Chinchou without risking a Stone Edge miss, gets the suprise KO on Croagunk. I feel like your team really makes great use of Cottonee too, With two powerful set up sweepers like Tirtouga and Misdreavus Encore and Memento support is very useful.

Your right Drilbur can be pretty threatening for this team a simple change that could help is Giga Drain> Dazzling Gleam on Cottonee. I know Dazzling Gleam has its benefits but this would be something to consider since it hits Drilbur super effectively and with Misdreavus and Croagunk you still have checks to Fighting-types although things like Timburr become harder to deal with as a result. You can play around with that move slot and even Dazzling Gleam on Misdreavus if you miss it on Cottonee but the team seems pretty solid as it is.

Keep these teams coming guys!

Alright, I am new to LC but this sounds like a cool concept so I figured I would try it out. My team features some pokemon that are not commonly seen, such as Deerling. Cottonee hits enough speed to outspeed other Cottonees while having some bulk. It has no attacks, but it allows the rest of the team to do their jobs and Memento allows Tirtouga to Shell Smash safely. As for Tirtouga, it hits enough speed to outspeed the common 14 Speed Scarfers. Shell Smash allows for late game sweeps and the rest of the attacks are good coverage, though priority has been forfeited for the dual STAB. Trubbish allows for me to set up Spikes to support the rest of the team and also has decent defensive and offensive presence. Timburr is a solid Pawniard counter and also a bulky pokemon, running the uncommon Poison Jab to deal with annoying Fairy-Types. Deerling takes Grass attacks aimed at Tiruoga and gives me a very fast Scarfed pokemon which helps reveenge kills. Honedge finishes off the team with Automize to be able to outspeed many pokemon and KO many pokemon. Hope this works and feedback appreciated.

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 Atk / 116 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Deerling @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SDef / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Jump Kick
- Double-Edge
- Seed Bomb
- Wild Charge

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 200 HP / 120 Def / 120 SDef / 68 Spd
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Memento
- Taunt

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 180 Def / 20 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Recycle

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 Atk / 140 SDef / 32 Def / 136 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Autotomize

Last edited:
It's funny that you chose that core, because I made a team using it yesterday. He's how it turned out though.

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 164 HP / 56 Atk / 92 Def / 156 SDef / 40 Spd
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Gabriel (Cottonee) @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 144 SAtk / 40 SDef / 232 Spd
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

The entire purpose behind the team was to try covering the greatest threats in this metagame wile still maintaining offensive pressure. In order to accomplish this, the team needs the room for defensive threats that also are able to provide a wide range of support to optimize my limited offensive capability. As much as I knock Trubbish, it synergizes well with Cottonee and defensive Tirt. The three of them together provide very strong forms of support, in Knock Off, hazards, Prankster Encore, and Knock Off absorption. Shell Smashers, Fletchling, Fighting types, Carvanah, Spritzee and Pawniard are all handled rather easily. With that, I added certain Pokemon that enjoy hazards. Scarf Pawniard's strong and fast Knock Offs benefit greatly, as does Misdreavus (who not only enjoys hazards, but stops spinning and eats most Defog users alive). Beating Porygon is difficult, so I decided to add a Fighting type. Mienfoo is a possibility, but the first version of this team ran Bulk Up Timburr, as I lacked priority outside of Sucker Punch, and a second win condition outside of Misdreavus.

Yeah, I realize some of my sets may seem weird. I've not really found any use for Dazzling Gleam on Misdreavus, as I've seen far fewer Scraggy around than ever. +2 Psychic gives me a chance to OHKO Mienfoo and Timburr with Spikes up, and Thunderbolt allows me to check Fletch (somewhat) more easily.

I'll edit in sprites when the forum stops acting so fucky.

This is the best team ever btw.

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Memento

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 84 HP / 212 Atk / 92 Def / 76 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Memento

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 108 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Thief
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

It is fairly simple, use Misdreavus to lure out / burn Pawniard, Cottonee to stall it / weaken it. Tirtouga sets up Stealth Rock and Knocks Off greedy Misdreavus and Mienfoo as well as rounds out resists. Pawniard Pursuit-traps any Ghosts so that Missy/Cottonee can Memento vs any non-fighting type (since they generally force them out) and Zigzagoon ezpz sweep. Timburr helps round out resists, deals with Bulky Tirtouga, and gives a bulky Normal-type checks as well as a lure for Knocking Off Spritzee, Timburr, and Mienfoo (who i beleive can be EV'd to take a +6 ExtremeSpeed).

Its good to see both Tirtouga's shell smash and support sets being used on these teams.

Oh and TCR why are you only running 10 speed on Tirtouga? Does 20 speed after a Shell Smash make you slower than notable pokemon?

Heysups team looks very strong Memento teams with Zigzagoon are strong I just hope one doesn't get posted every round ;)

keep them coming guys!

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I run 10 Speed because I see nothing notable that I outspeed with 11, other than like Elekid. I can't beat Scarf Pawniard anyway, and removing from speed allows me to invest in bulk, netting the 2hko instead of OHKO from Chinchou's Volt Switch, most notably.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 116 HP / 156 SDef
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 196 SDef / 116 HP
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 SDef / 172 Def / 20 SAtk / 4 HP / 52 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 196 HP / 236 SDef / 76 Def
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 12 SAtk / 12 Spd / 196 Def / 212 HP / 76 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 Def / 236 HP / 36 Spd
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Rock Slide
- Roost
- U-turn

Another one of my defensively oriented teams. Tirtouga is the bulky SR set because its just so good at what it does, and my evs are to keep HP low, but bulk high, so wish passing helps out more. Also helps out eviolite with 21 sdef and 30 defense. Cottonee runs dual stabs cause my team gives chinchou a lot of switch in opportunities so being able to giga drain to hurt chou/keep my hp up. Ponyta completes the FWG core, while also handling fighting types alongside cottonee, I run double status cause toxicing chou just seems safer then returning, and wild charge is to risky with recoil. It also handles pawniard, which is a key threat for the team. Then I decided to add in licky and spritzee for double wish support, while having a win condition in calm mind spritzee, and 2 missy answers. Archen rounds out the team with defog and u-turn, making the team flow better.

kingmidas nice bulky offense team you have there, and this team shows that you don't have to use the standard sets and that often small tweaks to common sets have to be made to further suit your team. (In this case changing Tirtouga's evs to better suit Wish passing) Also one of the main flaws of Tirtouga's defensive set would be no access to recovery so with Wish support from Lickitung and Spritzee Tirtouga would be very difficult to take down if played right which would be very annoying in a metagame dominated with birds and having a lot of oppurtunities to get Scald burns and use Knock Off is very valuable for any team.

keep the teams coming guys! I am going to post one myself but I will do it after voting because I feel like entering my own team in my own project is douchey

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'll enter my team that I've made and add a description sometime tomorrow once my internet allows me to actually get on PS ;~; reserving this post currently so that I can edit it in

EDIT: I was able to somehow get on, so I'll edit it in now

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 196 SDef / 116 HP
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 84 Atk / 156 SDef / 12 SAtk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 236 SDef / 196 HP / 76 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 SDef / 156 Def / 196 Spd / 36 HP
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SDef / 156 HP / 76 Atk
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 Def / 236 HP / 36 Spd
Careful Nature
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

I made this team after hearing about this challenge from Fizz. I tried a while ago to play a more stall-oriented team with no success, so I really wanted to be able to make and play a decent one, thus this team. Solid rock tirtouga serves as a decent lead, being able to set up rocks nearly 100% of the time. However, solid rock tirt has become rather common nowadays, so I decided to try something more different with subseed cottonee. This set literally shits on all teams that don't have a bulky grass type with hazard support I've found. As a result, I needed a check/counter to bulky grass types, namely ferroseed and foongus. Ponyta obviously fills this niche wonderfully. Minimal attack EVs is all she needs to cripple these threats, so I invested the rest in bulk in order to be able to better spread burns throughout the opposing team. Then, in order for my team to be successful, I needed recovery. So I added licki and foo, the former of whom is an excellent misdreavus check, and the latter of whom is a wonderful pivot and spreads knock offs pretty easily. Also, I needed a hazard remover so I simply went with evio archen, as I needed a fletch counter too.

Last edited:
=== [lc] qwertybirdz ===

Aipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 Atk / 76 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Fury Swipes
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 Spd / 240 SAtk / 68 SDef
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 SAtk / 236 Spd / 36 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Sucker Punch

dhaxcsjghvkn (Omanyte) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 SAtk / 76 HP
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Earth Power
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 SDef / 76 HP
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Meowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 SDef
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Knock Off
- U-turn

So I built this team on a whim as per usual; I chose every mon by thinking what I haven't used recently and these came to mind. There aren't any good reasons for using them. Yet despite this, it has done rather well, both in tournaments and on the ladder. It functions in either wearing down the opponent with powerful attacks or out right sweeping with Timburr/Missy/Omanyte. Abra is a safety net allowing me to not have any major set up weaknesses and revenge kills a lot of the tier. The core of the team happens to be Meowth and Aipom. This dual Fake Out core is incredible powerful; the duo reside in the coveted 19 speed tier and more or less mirror each other. They greatly support the team with the chip damage of Fake Out, the momentum of U-turn, the utility of Knock Off, and their respective abilities which set them apart. Meowth is able to defeat Fletchling and Ziggy with his two STABS, providing you use Feint in their Protect. Aipom just tears things apart with Fury Swipes. The two problems are that the team is terribly weak to fighting, yet that hasn't come into play (not yet at least), and Stealth Rock are absent. If only Aipom or something got rocks (no room on Omanyte for them :/ ).
Pretty sure it was supposed to include Cottonee + Tirtouga

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm just going to delete that post, I somehow messed this up. :/ oh well.

EDIT: I'm going to try to salvage this and copy paste the correct team and talk about that one.
=== [lc] LC: Ziggy & Scraggy & Houndour ===

Houndour @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SAtk / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 196 Atk / 188 Def / 108 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Belly Drum
- Protect
- Seed Bomb

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 SDef / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Memento
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 20 SAtk / 236 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 32 Def / 240 SAtk / 236 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Recycle
- Flash Cannon
- Endure

This team does fairly well for being extremely fighting weak. Using it relies on being better (or playing better) than your opponent and just getting them to misplay so something can sweep. Magnemite gives me the slow Volt Switch with is nice bringing in Houndour or Scraggy. Houndour is thrown on there for two reasons: I love Houndour and I hate Missy; the sucker punch is also nice for Fletchling. The my supportive core is Tirt and Cottonee. Tirt gets rocks on the field and provides Knock Off support hopefully and, RNG bearing, Scald burns. Cottonee is used to make setting up easier as well as preventing the opponent from setting up. Ziggy and Scraggy round this team out to for my set up sweepers. The only none standard (from what I hear and see) thing about these two is Protect on Ziggy.

Here's a replay with it to show it somehow works: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-131191779

Last edited:
We are seeing some different ways of using Cottonee in the last two teams abusing its Prankster with other support moves, SubSeed looks cool and Prankster Tailwind is also a very good way of using Cottonee. I am happy with the amount of teams being posted good work guys!

Yeah Fiend Hound any fighting-type that carries a poison type move looks threatening to this team (poison jab Scraggy, Timburr, and Croagunk) because they can get around Cottonee and super effectively hit the rest of your team with their stab with that said it is cool to see things like Houndour being used and a pretty cool Cottonee set too and you don't run any whore stuff like Missy and Mienfoo haha

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My team most definitively could be better, however it doesn't need to be nor do I want it to be. I perfer using things I find fun over super excellent things. Although if I was to make this a team for battling extremely competent players, I'd switch Mienfoo over Scraggy and Chinchou over Magnemite. Both would lessen my fighting weakness and Acrobatics Mienfoo would allow me to beat opposing fighting types 1v1. Chinchou would be nice for the extra bulk (Elekid, why are you so frail?) it provides and the Volt Switch is still present.

My team most definitively could be better, however it doesn't need to be nor do I want it to be. I perfer using things I find fun over super excellent things. Although if I was to make this a team for battling extremely competent players, I'd switch Mienfoo over Scraggy and Chinchou over Magnemite. Both would lessen my fighting weakness and Acrobatics Mienfoo would allow me to beat opposing fighting types 1v1. Chinchou would be nice for the extra bulk (Elekid, why are you so frail?) it provides and the Volt Switch is still present.
Well its good that you tried to be creative with your team. Acrobatics Mienfoo is fantastic against fighting types and even dealing with stuff like Foongus after sleep clause, speaking of foongus it would defeat the purpose of posting this team but having it with Clear Smog and replacing Cottonee for it would also help but the team is fine how it is, thanks for posting!

Okay so its been a little less than a week, but we did have a good amount of teams posted and this time is more convinient for me to keep regularly updated so here are the teams

TCR's Team
Champion Fizz's Team
Insanelegend's Team
Boo's Team
Heysup's Team
Kingmidas's Team
queenlucy's Team
Fiend Hound's Team

So you vote in this thread by picking the team you think stands out for its usefulness, yet still shows some creativity. Do not bandwagon and if you should scan over all the teams to have an understanding of them before you vote, having a brief description of why you voted is also cool but its not an actual rule because then anyone voting for the same team will say almost identical shit lmao.

Voting will close in a week so start voting!

So yeah, voting lasts for a week so there should be plenty of time to go over all the teams and figure out the one you thinkg stands out!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)