Little DEADLY (Needs Advice)

Hello Competitive Players. I find little cup a very interesting tier, but at the same time I also want to get better at playing little cup. So far doing some analysis on the tier, this is the team I came up with. I am pretty sure it can become better. It's just that I don't know how. However I think some of the very smart and creative minds can help make a team so powerful. I used the RMT once for an OU Team and it blew my mind on how little advices here and there lead to a well-done performance. I hope once again I can make this team more powerful.

Kung FU! (Mienfoo) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off
I found this Mienfoo a lot more useful than the Life Orb Mienfoo because it does powerful revenge kills. Plus this team also needs a Choice Scarf Pokemon. Hi Jump Kick is there for a high-damage output unless the common Misdrevious or other ghost types are still alive in the opponent's team. Stone Edge is there for coverage, and U-Turn can be used to Scout and Damage Abra and other Psychic Pokemon. Knock Off can be used to take down bulky ghost and works really well when you can predict the Misdrevious switch.

Artificial (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Porygon is in my team to counter a lot of ghost types that lurk in this tier, especially the common Misdrevious. Incase Misdrevious sets Nasty Plot or I can predict a switch that would work well, I would use Thunder Wave to Paralyze the opponent. Tri Attack is my main STAB move to hit anything else with decent damage. Shadow Ball is there to hit Ghosts who don't take Shadow Ball fairly easily. And Recover is there to recover damage from the bulky special attacker.

RUN AWAY! (Stunky) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 92 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 188 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Stunky is here to mainly trap Psychic Pokemon such as Abra and Natu, which are very annoying in the little cup tier to handle. Sucker Punch paired with Taunt is a great combination to kill. Also it can start mind games with the opponent to either switch and become pursuited after Taunt, or take a Sucker Punch and fight back. Pursuit is the main move used to keep Psychic Pokemon in the range of kill. And will kill if it's a speed sweeper, or will put the Psychic Pokemon in low HP so it cannot survive any longer. Fire Blast is there for coverage especially works well with Bronzong after Taunt bar the fact most Bronzong in this tier carry Earthquake.

Swiggler (Frillish) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Originally I though Misdrevious, but then not only does Frillish block rapid spin, and use Will-O-Wisp, it can also use Recover. Misdrevious has a problem with recovery, but Frillish doesn't. Mainly here to handle the common Drillbur, who Rapid Spins and mainly uses Physical Attacks. Frillish can take a Shadow Claw unless the boosted chance of Critical Hits makes a Critical Hit, and hits it back with Will-O-Wisp, which Cripples Drillbur. Recover after that so Frillish can take more hits, and Surf to finish. The reason why I use Surf over Scald is because Scald does less damage, and I can use Will-O-Wisp to get a burn. Shadow Ball is there for an alternative STAB. Will-O-Wisp is used to burn Physical Attackers. And Recover is there to replenish HP which I find important especially in Little Cup where Eviolite or Oran Berry is used over Leftovers.

Alien Tank (Bronzor) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: HP / 4 Atk / 68 Def / 4 SAtk / 148 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon
- Hypnosis

I can't express how well this thing tanks, giving it's nickname Alien Tank because it can look like a UFO, and it TANKS! Stealth Rock is there to "get the rock up" so the opponent will take damage for switching often. Earthquake is there for coverage. Flash Cannon is the main damage output giving the fact it has STAB. Hypnosis is a nice way to disable the enemy, so long it hits.

Munchikin (Munchlax) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 SDef / 36 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

The last member in my Team is Munchlax. It's here to take Special Attacks, and also here to hit back with Physical Attacks. The only reason why I put Munchlax in my team is because I lacked a counter to the now rising Chinchou, and I thought Munchlax would do a good job to put this Johto Pokemon back to where it belongs, but sadly Earthquake does not OHKO, and I don't think it will if I do nothing about this problem. Not to mention the many levitating Pokemon in this tier highly discourages the use of Earthquake. It would be great if somebody knew a better way to take out that deep water lamp. Return is there for main STAB damage. Fire Punch is there to hit the Steel-Types hard if they have Levitate and Ice-Types if I run into one. Earthquake is for coverage, and the reason why Munchlax is considered a Counter to Chinchou. And Superpower is there in case I run into Porygon, or other Pokemon weak to fighting but not weak to the other attacks listed above.

Threats:

Scraggy
Before I decided to switch out Misdrevious for Mienfoo (I had Misdrevious and Frillish when this team was freshly made) I have absolutely no way to stop a Dragon Dance Scraggy. Two Dragon Dances easily accomplished tears my team apart. So I put in Scarf Mienfoo to damage Scraggy before it's too late. But if the Mienfoo were to go down, it's pretty much GG

Chinchou
I never imagined this thing to be so bulky, and it plays extremely well as a Heal Bell user. Because I like to put many Pokemon with Status Problems, this completely foils those plans. Scald is also annoying when they are lucky to get the 30% burn, and Thunder Wave is also very annoying to face because if Mienfoo gets paralyzed it basically renders it useless, only relying on luck to get damage, and prevent Mienfoo from getting damage. Burn cripples half of my team, and I would want to prevent that if I can.

Hey nice team!

Stunky seems kind of outplaced. You say it is for trapping Psychic-types however between Bronzor, Porygon and Munchlax you have a defensive core able to handle pretty much every Psychic and Ghost-type in the tier. I also think your team is lacking on the offensive side with Mienfoo being your only real source of offense it will be very diffifult to break through defensive cores. Especially since Mienfoo is scarf and a wall can easily switch into the move its locked in to. You also mentioned Chinchou and Scraggy as threats so I will help you deal with them better.

Ok to fix your problems with Chinchou, Scraggy and defensive cores I think your team could do with a little more offense. A Choice Scarf Snover>Stunky seems like a good change. Not only does Snover provide you with a good offensive Pokémon and a counter to sand which is one of the more dominant play styles in Little Cup, Snover resists both of Chinchou's stabs and can threaten it with Giga Drain. Its Blizzard is also insanely strong and it is quite easy to win by simply spamming it late game. Ice Shard may look out of place on the set but it is important for revenge killing weakened Murkrows since they can pick you off first with Sucker Punch. Ice Shard also serves as an emergency check to Shell Smashers that are weakened. Hidden Power Fire is mainly for coverage.

Honestly Munchlax is quite redundant with Porygon doing a similar thing. (having identical typing and walling special attackers.) That's why I think your team could benefit from a rapid spinner. Especially if you decide to go with Snover, you will appreciate Stealth Rock off the field so Snover doesn't lose 25% of its health when it switches in. That's why a Staryu>Munchlax would be a good suggestion. Staryu has rapid spin, recovery to stay healthy and can still remain on the offensive with Hydro Pump as a strong Stab and Thunderbolt. Rapid spin can also make sure that Mienfoo is healthy so you don't have to worry about it getting worn down and not being able to take on Scraggy.

About Mienfoo I think you can run a more defensive set since Snover gives you a Choice Scarf pokemon. A more defensive set will give Mienfoo more longevity so it can still beat Scraggy. This set is not Ko'd by any of Scraggy's moves at +1 and can beat Scraggy with a combination of Fake Out + Drain Punch.

Good luck with the team I hope I helped!

Sets

Snover @ Choice Scarf | Snow Warning
Naïve | 104 Atk / 184 SpA / 200 Spe
Blizzard | Giga Drain | Ice Shard | Hidden Power Fire

Staryu @ Eviolite | Natural Cure
Timid | 36 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Hydro Pump | Thunderbolt | Rapid Spin | Recover

Mienfoo @ Eviolite | Regenerator
Impish | 156 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spe
Fake Out | Drain Punch | Knock Off | U-turn

TL:DR
Snover--->Stunky

Staryu--->Munchlax

Mienfoo
.Defensive Set--->Choice Scarf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)