(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

It's a pretty nice thing that the Battle Tree has a vendor that gives you the trade-evolution items.

Pretty nice... as long as you don't try to evolve a Scyther or (after Pokebank) an Onix, because the Metal Coat is not there.

Did not look if there's another trade-evolution item that is also missing, but it's ridiculous.
honestly, the metal coat is probably the easiest evolution item to loot in the wild, considering magnemites in the school have a 50% spawn rate. just use a butterfree with thief

why does everyone think this guy is trolling? he's given a reason for why he's been misinformed about stuff and it's definitely possible to forget stuff and have a friend tell you incorrect rumors...
Another reason is that I've been made fun of by ALL of my friends because I use bulbapedia. When I invite my friends to my house, they all laugh at me and say phrases like "Only noobs need bulbapedia" "You only go on websites because you don't know anything" etc.
I've been embarrassed about going on Pokèmon encyclopedias ever since, and I even feel embarrassed asking for help on smogon.
If you're not just trolling, Mr. The Trolly Smeargle,
The reason I am called that is because my smeargle is trolly in OU, UU, and other metagames. Also, my team is filled with trolly Pokèmon, which I say that I am trolly on PS, not on smogon forums.

Last edited:
The reason I am called that is because my smeargle is trolly in OU, UU, and other metagames. Also, my team is filled with trolly Pokèmon, which I say that I am trolly on PS, not on smogon.
Cool. I don't think anyone cares. Also, you realize Smogon owns Showdown?

Anyway, the PokeRide music (I don't know if it is all the same, but I'm thinking mainly of Tauros.) It's earrape imo.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Another reason is that I've been made fun of by ALL of my friends because I use bulbapedia. When I invite my friends to my house, they all laugh at me and say phrases like "Only noobs need bulbapedia" "You only go on websites because you don't know anything" etc.
These were the same friends that claimed Gardevoir and Sableye were Gen VI Pokémon?

I've followed Pokémon pretty closely since Gen III came out (and somewhat closely before then - I played Pokémon Yellow with my cousin the day it came out in Norway), and I still use Bulbapedia and Serebii all the time. Keeping track of all the information without it is next to impossible. And keeping track of mis-information and rumours is even worse. If you never look up anything, and you can't verify it quickly, you can't tell truth from falsehood either.

In this day and age, and especially for the purposes of discussions online, I consider it much more valuable to know where to find the relevant information, rather than trying to learn it by heart.

Also, tell your friends to look up the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Honestly, you guys and your complains about the PokeRide music sounds similar to my complaints about the Bike riding/surfing music in previous generations. It was the same kind of annoying musical junk that never really went with anything. Compared to the bike music, I at least felt the PokeRide music went with stuff (mostly charging at full speed with Tauros). I don't know, but I just find it a bit more tolerable than the bike music (though that's not really saying much).

On the other hand, there's a huge part of me that wishes the outfit didn't change or that we could adjust that part especially for battle. It's a neat touch to keep the same outfit, but sometimes I would like to look at my character the way I designed him/her without nerfing how fast I'm going. And then PokeRide completely adjusts all your clothing completely. But what really annoys me is how it removes even stuff like eyewear which wouldn't make too much sense if you bought your character actual glasses (I know they are fake but it's a game and I want to pretend my character actually NEEDS glasses!)

These were the same friends that claimed Gardevoir and Sableye were Gen VI Pokémon?

I've followed Pokémon pretty closely since Gen III came out (and somewhat closely before then - I played Pokémon Yellow with my cousin the day it came out in Norway), and I still use Bulbapedia and Serebii all the time. Keeping track of all the information without it is next to impossible. And keeping track of mis-information and rumours is even worse. If you never look up anything, and you can't verify it quickly, you can't tell truth from falsehood either.

In this day and age, and especially for the purposes of discussions online, I consider it much more valuable to know where to find the relevant information, rather than trying to learn it by heart.

Also, tell your friends to look up the Dunning-Kruger effect.
I said ALL my friends. My friends who made the claim do call me the same thing but it includes my other friends too.
I doubt any of my friends would look that up, despite them being the kind of people who hate using websites, and they make fun of nerds at my school...
I don't think they're really your friends then
They play PS with me a lot, I'd say they are my friends and if they weren't, I wouldn't invite them to my house.

There's no shame in looking up information on the internet (especially Bulba/Serebii) instead of relying on these "friends" have either got it wrong or lied to you purposefully (it's what a lot of us do).

I'm not sure what else needs to be said, but I'd like for this to get back on topic so,

Honestly, you guys and your complains about the PokeRide music sounds similar to my complaints about the Bike riding/surfing music in previous generations. It was the same kind of annoying musical junk that never really went with anything.
I think the surfing music is more acceptable than the bike music. The surfing music usually fits more and sounds better. The surfing music is also less intrusive. When you hear the surfing music usually you're going to be on a dedicated surfing route with little land where the surfing music is thematically fitting, rather than the bike which you use on (almost) all land and land has a much greater variety of music than water.

Also: this music can be done right. The RSE Dive theme is a good example.

There's no shame in looking up information on the internet (especially Bulba/Serebii) instead of relying on these "friends" have either got it wrong or lied to you purposefully (it's what a lot of us do).

I'm not sure what else needs to be said, but I'd like for this to get back on topic so,

I think the surfing music is more acceptable than the bike music. The surfing music usually fits more and sounds better. The surfing music is also less intrusive. When you hear the surfing music usually you're going to be on a dedicated surfing route with little land where the surfing music is thematically fitting, rather than the bike which you use on (almost) all land and land has a much greater variety of music than water.

Also: this music can be done right. The RSE Dive theme is a good example.

I'm looked it up so this is not true, but my friends once said that when you use the fly HM, there's no music at all.
I was disappointed about Mudsdale.

First time poster here, but I've been lurking around recently.

Annoys me how you can't pick Pokémon up if there's an egg waiting for you. When you have two Mons that like each other, sometimes you'd walk in and they be like "My sister was looking for you" and I'm like "I don't need more eggs"

I've been embarrassed about going on Pokèmon encyclopedia ever since
My theory is that they don't want you confirming their lack of knowledge

First time poster here, but I've been lurking around recently.

Annoys me how you can't pick Pokémon up if there's an egg waiting for you. When you have two Mons that like each other, sometimes you'd walk in and they be like "My sister was looking for you" and I'm like "I don't need more eggs"

My theory is that they don't want you confirming their lack of knowledge
Just take them out of the daycare, that's the easiest solution.
Also, my friends have completed Emerald, Y, and Black. I think what Tailestu said is true, they are probably lying to me.

Just take them out of the daycare, that's the easiest solution.
Also, my friends have completed Emerald, Y, and Black. I think what Tailestu said is true, they are probably lying to me.
The point is that you can't take them out of the Daycare if an egg has spawned. So it isn't "the easiest solution" to the issue when the issue is not being able to take them out!

It means I have to walk out again to reject/accept the egg

Also completing 3 games doesn't mean they're experts. The bottom line is you should check stuff and dgaf about their insults
What is dgaf? Well did you hear me say EMERALD? That's clearly gen 3, and they probably saw a Gardevoir or Sableye then.
There's no way to reject it and continue what you are doing?

What is dgaf? Well did you hear me say EMERALD? That's clearly gen 3, and they probably saw a Gardevoir or Sableye then.
There's no way to reject it and continue what you are doing?
Dgaf is "don't give a fuck" and he already explained why it's an issue here

It means I have to walk out again to reject the egg.
Which is annoying, especially when another egg spawns as soon as you go inside again to get the mons out.

^^^^^ unrelated, and I apologise if this has come up before but let's be honest most complaints that aren't gen 7 specific are already somewhere in this thread

I dislike the fact that I can't nickname a lot (or most?) event Pokémon. I get the whole not nicknaming other trainer's Pokémon thing (although IMO that should be removed when the "nickname" matches the Pokémon's species name) but Event mons are clones and deserve character. Besides, it's *weird* when your team looks like "Allegro, Noel, Cobol, Glacé, Austin, MANAPHY". Booooooooring. Give us the option of changing it.

I also *strongly* dislike the fact that event moves don't have an "expiry-date", i.e. event moves that Pokémon receive should get standard distribution in the next game. Kinda like how MBlaziken was event exclusive through XY but was freely available come ORAS. It *sucks* that all of Victini's best sets require a shit ton of event moves, when the version that everyone got for the 20th anniversary has sweet fuck all. Then there's Surf alola Raichu, Extreme-speed Entei, Heart Stamp/Happy Hour Jirachi, Sludge Bomb Zoroark... (Which is particularly egregious seeing as SB is a TM.)

Gotta bring this up since I went back to ORAS recently: Whoever gave random NPC trainers Protect on their Pokemon should never be allowed near enemy design again on this series. Compared to "boss" fights like Gym Leaders, Admins, or Facility Heads, who at least have basic strategies like Toxic + Protect, or EQ + Protect in Colosseum, Protect in a random battle is literally wasting a turn, because if I'm attacking, I'm probably winning the match up that's at hand anyway. Wild Pokemon are fine since they're random encounters and generated on the spot, but someone has to go in and intentionally assemble the trainer battle parties, to the point that some intentionally lack a full 4 moves. Just take Protect out unless there's some kind of strategy to it.

Damn I keep realizing more and more things annoy me!

-I hate the fact that Gen 2 isn't on the eshop yet. Is it really that hard to program? Okay, it's more just impatience than hate but still. Also, is there a reason they can't put GBA on there?

-The games themselves being so expensive. I picked up a boxed Emerald for £40 yesterday to replace the one I had stolen as a child and Jesus, the games are expensive especially HG/SS! I know they don't lose value and people charge stupid amounts because they are very well aware of how much people pay for them, but still. :/ I also just found out my Firered is fake, great...

-I think I'm starting to dislike Gen 7 more and more for removing features that made Gen 6 so good (I already said this in the thread tho)

-GTS being filled with people wanting legendaries for stupid things like Zigzagoon

-Still no Battle Frontier

That's all I can think of right now...

-

Gotta bring this up since I went back to ORAS recently: Whoever gave random NPC trainers Protect on their Pokemon should never be allowed near enemy design again on this series. Compared to "boss" fights like Gym Leaders, Admins, or Facility Heads, who at least have basic strategies like Toxic + Protect, or EQ + Protect in Colosseum, Protect in a random battle is literally wasting a turn, because if I'm attacking, I'm probably winning the match up that's at hand anyway. Wild Pokemon are fine since they're random encounters and generated on the spot, but someone has to go in and intentionally assemble the trainer battle parties, to the point that some intentionally lack a full 4 moves. Just take Protect out unless there's some kind of strategy to it.
Protect is a stall move.
It's about wasting the opponent's PP or killing them with toxic stall.

The sprites get worse and worse. Gen 6 was already to still. (The Pokemon were hardly moving) I think Gen 2 is better overall, comparing them. E.g. Scizor actually looked like it was in a battle, unlike now when it just stands their and simply moves it's body slightly.
Gen 7 has many benefits, but many places where everyone just gets annoyed.
I have the same feeling, I dislike gen 7 more and more, but I'd rather enjoy the good stuff instead off reporting my head off to Gamefreak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 16)