1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Logs From Darkrai Inclusion Tournament

Discussion in 'Dream World' started by jrrrrrrr, Jul 21, 2012.

1. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nice neutral title and OP, this post will contain every log I got from the Darkrai tourney. Please feel free to read over them and discuss Darkrai's performance in the metagame.

Finals: http://pastebin.com/mLSp3Rrp

Other logs are in order of when I got them in my PM inbox, starting with the semifinals and working back to the earliest

2. V0x

V0x I stay out too late
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

3. superbadd

superbadd

Even though I haven't participated in the tournament just from looking at the logs it gives you a good idea of what darkrai is like in dw ou. It looks pretty underwhelming tbh, which is quite surprising, I thought it would be more of a force. Call me crazy, but I don't even think darkrai needs to be tested. If you dump it into the metagame it won't really cause much of a stir. It just looks like a beefed up Alakazam or gengar. It may cause manaphy to rise in usage and send alakazam to uu. But that's about all I can see. It's a got a shit ton of common checks from breloom, scizor, thunderus, ect. Manaphy even counters it. I think it's only worthy of a test if it's more powerful than estimated.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)