1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Logs From Darkrai Inclusion Tournament

Discussion in 'Dream World' started by jrrrrrrr, Jul 21, 2012.

1. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nice neutral title and OP, this post will contain every log I got from the Darkrai tourney. Please feel free to read over them and discuss Darkrai's performance in the metagame.

Finals: http://pastebin.com/mLSp3Rrp

Other logs are in order of when I got them in my PM inbox, starting with the semifinals and working back to the earliest

2. Lemonade.

Lemonade. fluffy bird
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

3. superbadd

superbadd

Even though I haven't participated in the tournament just from looking at the logs it gives you a good idea of what darkrai is like in dw ou. It looks pretty underwhelming tbh, which is quite surprising, I thought it would be more of a force. Call me crazy, but I don't even think darkrai needs to be tested. If you dump it into the metagame it won't really cause much of a stir. It just looks like a beefed up Alakazam or gengar. It may cause manaphy to rise in usage and send alakazam to uu. But that's about all I can see. It's a got a shit ton of common checks from breloom, scizor, thunderus, ect. Manaphy even counters it. I think it's only worthy of a test if it's more powerful than estimated.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)