Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be that it's a single target attack - no risk to teammates during doubles.

EDIT: It also has a more ambiguous description that doesn't involve stomping around on the ground. Maybe it will see some distribution amongst Flying-types that miss out on Earthquake?

Last edited:
I have a feeling Noivern is the only thing that learns Boomburst. And it won't get STAB on it.
Logically, Exploud would get it too, but Gamefreak logic doesn't follow from common sense logic after all.

Aura Sphere is now 80 BP, which is somewhat bad news for Togekiss now that it has Heatran problems.

Guys, what if Gardevoir learned Boomburst ? 140 BP 100 accuracy fairy stab with no drawback. Pretty scary. Also, if, say, Porygon-Z learns it...damn. 280 Bp coming from a 135 SpA stat. The agility set would become really really threatening. It's quite unlikely to happen but it would be funny.
Slaking could also become a threatening mixed sweeper.

Now, another Pokemon that will benefit this move is Exploud. Yeah it is shit atm but I'm mentionning it because, for anything else it's pure speculation, but Exploud is very likely to have this move. But then again Snorlax doesn't learn Slack Off, so...
Basically every pokemon that learns hyper voice have a chance to learn boomburst. Again, I'm really expecting Gardevoir to have it, I mean Nintendo didn't give it Pixilate for nothing.

Also, Rock Tomb becomes usable now, pretty gimmicky on anything else than Breloom but now there can be some reason to use it.
The Thief buff is nice, as almost every technician user can learn it.

As for the new moves, Power-Up punch seems interesting to me. Like, it would be a good move on Breloom if it learns it don't you think ? Yeah it only boosts attack by one stage but it's actually powerful when boosted by Stab and technician. As much as Scizor's bullet punch. A scarf Breloom could make a good use of it.
Mystical Fire could also be a very good option on any specially defensive, or even physically defensive pokemon.
Also, this move :
Topsy-Turvy
20--100All stat changes affecting the target turn topsy-turvy and become the opposite of what they were.

If it instantly turns like a +2 boost into a -2, this is just amazing. Plus it bypasses taunt AND have perfect accuracy. Just imagine the face of the opponent when you hit his/her +4 Atk/Def Snorlax with it. And then you pursuit lol. Priceless. (Situationnal, but this would be so epic)

Actually at least half of the new moves can be very interesting depending on additional informations and details, distribution etc. Really looking forward to competitive Gen VI play !

Wow, if my prediction regarding Assault Vest is right, thats kinda terrible

"Increase Special Defense? sweet"
"btw, can I use it for setting up?"
"No"

Time to run 4 Attack Utility Counter pokemon!

Wow, if my prediction regarding Assault Vest is right, thats kinda terrible

"Increase Special Defense? sweet"
"btw, can I use it for setting up?"
"No"

Time to run 4 Attack Utility Counter pokemon!
To be fair, there are a few pokemon who could make okay use of this item. Malamar could use the SpDef buff while it boosts its attack and defence with contrary superpower. Snorlax does use a 4 attack utility set in UU so it could become extra tanky, although lefties would be superior still.

Oh and possibly klutz lopunny in NU who could inflict a perma-taunt on something using switcheroo.

To be fair, there are a few pokemon who could make okay use of this item. Malamar could use the SpDef buff while it boosts its attack and defence with contrary superpower. Snorlax does use a 4 attack utility set in UU so it could become extra tanky, although lefties would be superior still.

Oh and possibly klutz lopunny in NU who could inflict a perma-taunt on something using switcheroo.
Malamar sounds interesting, although I need to see its stats and movepool before saying anything

BTW has it been tested if Mega Pokemon can use trick "properly"?

I'm exited about Electrify on a fast electric mon with Electrify and Volt Absorb/Lighting Rod/Motor Drive (which has great synergy with). It could be pretty dangerous against offensive teams, a move I'm looking forward to explore

Uh.... Malamar has Contrary, so wouldn't it actually lower its Special Defense?

Oh wow how did I miss this?

Boomburst
10 140 100 The user attacks everything around it with the destructive power of a terrible, explosive sound.

Boomburst sounds ridiculously overpowered from that description. A 100% accurate Normal-type Draco Meteor without the stat drop? There has to be a catch about it.
I really damn hope Exploud learn this move, as he needs some buffs. Made some calcs earlier on, Modest Life Orb Exploud with Fire Blast / Boomburst / Focus Blast / Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt hits surprisingly hard, like for example 2HKO SpD Jirachi with SR up and Leftovers with Fire Blast or deal 65-70% to Max HP Latias with Boomburst (even if she Light Screen after, she dies almost all of time). Although it's still slow as hell, so it's unfortunately useless against offensive teams, but it hits harder then I expected honestly. If he gets it, it should be around really low UU-high RU honestly as he has good enough coverage to hit targets which resist/are immune to his hits and Boomburst just hurts, especially if Sticky Web is actually as good as it sounds + bulky offense/balance/stall will start to dominate (so his speed wouldn't be a big problem).

Although the move which I like the most is Sticky Web. If it gets at least decent distribution (and is easy to throw in like Stealth Rock and cuts speed by 50-40%), it may be a huge buff to bulky offense or balanced teams (and Hyper Offense will HATE this move if it's as good as it sounds). Imagine using this move with 1-2 beastly wallbreakers (Kyurem-B, Sheer Force Nidoking, SD Guts Heracross,etc. etc.), which hit really damn hard, but are just too slow to really abuse their power against really offensive fast teams. This move would easily fix this problem ;).

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe Exploud will have a shot against Jirachi in UU ;D
For all we know, everything we judged overpowered so far is now just fine, and our just fine just became underpowered for the OU standarts. Pokemon with 756 attack and insane defensive typing, pokemon with 60/150/150 defenses that blocks your attack while using charm and then turns into a beastle 150/150 offenses, MegaBlaziken, etc, etc ,etc

Sticky web seems really nice, especially with those not-so-fast-but-ridiculously-strong-MEvos

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seeing as not many Pokemon can produce web, the only Pokemon that I can think of that could get Sticky Web are Galvantula and Ariados. Although Ariados is shit, it will now have a chance to shine in the lower tiers, because Sticky Web is so damn good and it makes Rapid spinners that much more of a priority for offensive teams. Galvantula on the other hand, is a rather cool Pokemon because it can not only Mega evolve, but can also use an incredibly potent entry hazard that will be outstanding in the upper tiers where Megas will thrive. Mega Galvantula will probably face stiff competition for a mega slot, but standard Galvantula will have more than enough of a reason to be used just for that entry hazard, as it heavily cripples the incredibly fast Megas and can beat Forretress, Tentacruel, and Starmie after the Speed drop. Much better than a fucking Stealth Ice or something crazy like that lol. Just another method of keeping the power creep at bay. A few other Bug Pokemon may get this, like Caterpie for example, but who knows.

Seeing as not many Pokemon can produce web, the only Pokemon that I can think of that could get Sticky Web are Galvantula and Ariados. Although Ariados is shit, it will now have a chance to shine in the lower tiers, because Sticky Web is so damn good and it makes Rapid spinners that much more of a priority for offensive teams. Galvantula on the other hand, is a rather cool Pokemon because it can not only Mega evolve, but can also use an incredibly potent entry hazard that will be outstanding in the upper tiers where Megas will thrive. Mega Galvantula will probably face stiff competition for a mega slot, but standard Galvantula will have more than enough of a reason to be used just for that entry hazard, as it can beat Forretress, Tentacruel, and Starmie after the Speed drop. Much better than a fucking Stealth Ice or something crazy like that lol. Just another method of keeping the power creep at bay.
Considering the current make-up of NU, Ariados could end up being a real annoyance because spinners, or specifically fast spinners (all zero of them) are very hard to fit on an offensive team in NU. Also, quite a few bugs get Electroweb from BW2 tutors, so Sticky Web might have better distribution in Z. Also, has anyone mentioned that Mega Banette has priority Destiny Bond?

Pombo said:
Look at this new Pin Missile, with 25 BP O_O
If Megacross gets it he is gonna have a 125bp 95 acc bug stab move. Same for Cloyster. Who needs megahorn now?
Well, to be fair Megahorn has 100% acc whilst Pin Missile hits 2-5 times. But still, that's a crazy good buff to a once useless move.

Seeing as not many Pokemon can produce web, the only Pokemon that I can think of that could get Sticky Web are Galvantula and Ariados. Although Ariados is shit, it will now have a chance to shine in the lower tiers, because Sticky Web is so damn good and it makes Rapid spinners that much more of a priority for offensive teams. Galvantula on the other hand, is a rather cool Pokemon because it can not only Mega evolve, but can also use an incredibly potent entry hazard that will be outstanding in the upper tiers where Megas will thrive. Mega Galvantula will probably face stiff competition for a mega slot, but standard Galvantula will have more than enough of a reason to be used just for that entry hazard, as it heavily cripples the incredibly fast Megas and can beat Forretress, Tentacruel, and Starmie after the Speed drop. Much better than a fucking Stealth Ice or something crazy like that lol. Just another method of keeping the power creep at bay. A few other Bug Pokemon may get this, like Caterpie for example, but who knows.
When we talk about Sticky Web, anyone knows if it is TM or not ? If it is (although I doubt it), Mew should be able to learn it as well, which IMO would straight up promote it to OU as Spider Web Support Mew sounds just awesome. And there's always a Smeargle to use it as well (although this one doesn't sound near as good).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)