Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's on the ground though. Not levitating....
And regular Gengar is levitating? It's legs touch the Ground. But you're right, it probably wont get Levitate. Hopefully Shadow Tag. GG OU.

Yeah sure, but Focus Blast/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball hits pretty much everything and considering other MegaEvo stats, we're potentially looking at 150+ SpA and 130+ Speed, which is insane.
Until Mega Aerodactyl zooms in and KO's it with EQ. If it has lost Levitate. Many other MEvos have had their abillties changed so it's not beyond possibility - I'm hoping whoever posted that picture will update us soon with more stats and a shot of the ability,

I want to know if garchomp has another mega form, and if other pseudos have mega forms (it will be disappointing if they didn't).

6th gen seems to add a lot of speed creep, as there is only one speed-boosting item in the game. Things like Terrakion will be outsped without a scarf, making it a much more viable option. It seems like above 115-130 or so will be an important benchmark, as a bunch of mega-evos seem to have around that much.

I think it's more Pokemon Y augments the pokemon's inherent strengths, while Pokemon X redesigns the pokemon in ways not seen before. Just so happens that it splits it physical/special for Charizard and Mewtwo.
pretty much my thoughts exactly^

Double type moves O.O

EDIT: Just saw the MegaGengar post :O

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Remember that Serebii never posts leaks, they only post information released by Gamefreak normally, so I wouldn't depend on Serebii if you want the full status about the new leaks and such.

I'm thinking with the rise of Mega forms will also bring up the rise of things like Prankster Trick (Thief being another option, but Trick being superior as it gets around Sucker Punch.) to accommodate shortly after. The way I look at this is pretty simple. Several Mega Forms will likely gain their own movesets. What's the most viable way to remove Mega Items? Prankster Trick (or fast Pokemon that learn trick in general). Then Pokemon like Mawile would become essentially competitively useless in OU. It's like Eviolite Chansey, but with Pokemon that are much more likely to sweep an entire team during the switch between generations.

I'm thinking with the rise of Mega forms will also bring up the rise of things like Prankster Trick (Thief being another option, but Trick being superior as it gets around Sucker Punch.) to accommodate shortly after. The way I look at this is pretty simple. Several Mega Forms will likely gain their own movesets. What's the most viable way to remove Mega Items? Prankster Trick (or fast Pokemon that learn trick in general). Then Pokemon like Mawile would become essentially competitively useless in OU. It's like Eviolite Chansey, but with Pokemon that are much more likely to sweep an entire team during the switch between generations.
If this link is correct, giving MEvos a Choice item via Trick/Switcheroo could get shaky depending on the MEvo you are dealing with since there'd by no way to de-Mega evolve. I might Trick an Aerodactyl-M since that hasn't been seen since 3rd gen. but I'd be more cautious to Trick a Lucario-M, who can have specialized coverage and even if it doesn't, a Scarfed/Banded Adaptability STAB Close Combat coming off possible 140+ Attack is a very scary thought. Resistances don't really matter at that point.

All that being said, I'm starting to have second thoughts on the viability of some of these competitive strats people are talking about. I don't mean to put a damper on the thread, but strats/combos I've seen mentioned on Smogon like Hydreigon + Doublade is lol if everything that was banned from OU in BW1/2 gets dropped to OU when Smogon does it's initial tiering of XY. Traditionally, it has happened this way to give previous banned Pokémon a chance to see if they are still ban worthy or not (I guess). I just see more of the same familiar metagame we had in early BW where Excadrill and Thundurus-I run the show. The new game mechanics we've seen so far help defensive strategies with the exception of Steel losing it's Ghost/Dark resistance, which is pretty major I admit. But, unless we get actual Pokémon that can stand up to the old threats (Excadrill, Thundurus-I, Landorus-I, Tornadus-T, etc.), it'll be more of the same heavily offensive meta we've had in the current gen...

...except that DragMag will kinda suck lol.

I could be totally wrong on this though. I really hope I am.

EDIT: Totally didn't think about the possibility of Tricking the Choice item as the 'mon with the Mega Evo comes in or using Trick on that turn the player decides to Mega Evo. In the second situation, it comes down to priority: does the Mega Evo happen before everything or not? My point still stands on AFTER the fact though.

Last edited:
You do raise a good point however this whole theory depends on whether or not they would revert upon switching out. remember that the evolution happens before the attacks. Obviously you dont wanna trick something like drought charizard, who has a massive special attack, a choice scarf to patch up his 100 base speed if he doesnt revert to NU charizard after. Also you have to pick between crippling a pokemon like ferrothorn with a scarf or mega pokemon with a lagging tail. Anyway all this is obvious but we will really have to find out more about mega evolution to know

Maybe its just me, but I imagine a prankster trick would remove the item from the Pokemon and then revert it back into its original form, given that you need the Mega Item to be in the mega form. If that's the case, Prankster Trick everywhere.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Going into a mega form probably has priority so trick will most likely not work. If not they may just have similar properties to the uber items Arceus or Giratina carry that prevents their items from being knock off'd (knocked off?)/trick'd.

Leaked pic. Mega Kanto starters, Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Lucario are all fairly early game
Do we have stats for Mega Kanto Starters? I'm particularly interested in Charizard, however, I haven't been able to find any.

I have seen a few other Megas. Tried to look through the leak thread but it is getting thick, I very easily could have missed something.

I guess that Trick, Knock Off and Thief fail against Pokémon holding MegaStones. You can't steal the Griseous Orb to Giratina-O, which is pretty similar to MegaEvolutions(except that he starts the battle already in the Origin form).

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I guess that Trick, Knock Off and Thief fail against Pokémon holding MegaStones. You can't steal the Griseous Orb to Giratina-O, which is pretty similar to MegaEvolutions(except that he starts the battle already in the Origin form).
Doesn't seem likely since trick only fails on mons that use a specific item to fight in said form (arceus, gira) where removing the item will revert it back to its standard form which the game isn't programmed to handle. However megaevo's can transform at will so this problem doesn't occur so in all likelyhood mega evos can be tricked out of their evo stone thus reverting them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)