Looking for a great garchomp killer

Uh, the only way to revenge kill garchomp is to force it to outrage. Other than that, you can scare it away....if that is ok for you. Ice shard from weavile and mammoth can ohko garchomp. Starmie can ice beam it. Aerodactyl can ice fang it. Cresselia can usually do the trick too.

Actually cresselia can just come in straight into it.

I'm surprised that no one brought up Milotic... used to be a common counter to DD Salamence, and when she's bold with maxed Defense, she can take a hell of a beating. And since Swords Dance Garchomp isn't as common as, say Scarfed Garchomp, Milotic has a fighting chance, and can OHKO with an Ice Beam of her own. And if you play your cards right, you could hook her up with Paralysis (or a Burn, if you must, although any wall detests the HP decrease) to make her Defense virtually untouchable.

Against a Swords Dancer, you have to rely on Speed (and usually good prediction) to take out Garchomp, such as Starmie. But up against a Scarfed, Chain (and perhaps even a CB Garchomp), Milotic does the job quite well.

I found that Choice Scarf Metagross and Ice Fang Gyarados can shut down any Dragon threat in the game.
yea, my icepunching, leftovers metagross, passed some speed left garchomp crying on the floor.

totally suprised them, no one expects icepunching metagross.

but yes. watch out for EQ.

CB outrages really deant cresselia. Gyara sounds like the best chomp counter, especially choice banded gyarados, as I'm sure that will 1hko chomp. Other than cresselia and gyarados, I don't think many things can counter chomp.

There is a whole plethora of things that can revenge kill chomp, on the other hand.

I'm surprised that no one brought up Milotic... used to be a common counter to DD Salamence, and when she's bold with maxed Defense, she can take a hell of a beating. And since Swords Dance Garchomp isn't as common as, say Scarfed Garchomp, Milotic has a fighting chance, and can OHKO with an Ice Beam of her own. And if you play your cards right, you could hook her up with Paralysis (or a Burn, if you must, although any wall detests the HP decrease) to make her Defense virtually untouchable.

Against a Swords Dancer, you have to rely on Speed (and usually good prediction) to take out Garchomp, such as Starmie. But up against a Scarfed, Chain (and perhaps even a CB Garchomp), Milotic does the job quite well.
Or the ever common rest-talk milotic which gets that awesome defence. She can pwn Chompy, with 120 SAtk EVs the least. Suprisingly not very common nowadays. Too much for it to handle I guess.

Or the ever common rest-talk milotic which gets that awesome defence. She can pwn Chompy, with 120 SAtk EVs the least. Suprisingly not very common nowadays. Too much for it to handle I guess.
Too bad its random... CB chomp can kill you before your out of sleep, if you dont sleep talk ice beam, its gg :(. Thats why i hate restalking sets, i dont play the game hoping to get lucky. If milotic switches in she has to sleep or shes going to die from the next two since chomps faster, expecially if she took DEF or HP EV's out to OHKO chomps. She only really has one turn to sleep talk ice beam or shes dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)