Other Lower Tier Premier League - Manager Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

someone make a good banner soon :(​

With Lower Tiers not being in this edition of SPL, I had the idea of hosting a Lower Tier Team Tour, so that Lower Tier players still get to have fun and have a team tour after Slam / Before other big tours. This also will give something fun to do while Sun and Moon are out and there are no lower tiers to play.

Anyway, moving onto the format:
ORAS UU
ORAS UU
ORAS RU
ORAS RU
ORAS NU
ORAS NU
ORAS PU
ORAS PU
That is what I have in mind to give equal representation to all the metagames, as well as keeping the tour to a relatively good size. Right now the plan is to have 8 Teams, but depending on the number of Manager Sign ups / General support this number might go down to 6.

Now, this thread is specifically for managers to sign up and put in their bid to captain one of the 8 Teams. There are some rules and requirements, which can be seen here:
  • Send in a roster every week
  • Keep activity high in your team / make subs when required
  • Been generally active in ORAS Lower Tiers and have some knowledge of the community
  • Managers can choose to be on the line-up, but it isn't mandatory
    • Managers will also have to buy themselves for a set price so that should be kept in mind as well
Format for sign-ups should be like this:
Team Name: Tottenham Tauros
Brief List of Accomplishments: Played in SPL, Managed in NUPL, Won Grand Slam
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I'm very active and I know most lower tier communities well
This tour is also going to be co-hosted by tko so dont be surprised when you see him posting

This will be open for a ~week before we make the decisions and post the player sign ups so post ASAP if you wanna be a manager n_n

Last edited:
I'll give it a go xD

Team Name: EDGY ENTEIS (APPROVED BY PRAJPRAN)
Brief List of Accomplishments: Played in SPL, NU Open finals!, Grand Slam finals! (Winner).
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I love everyone, everyone loves me. I do have fair knowledge about the lower tier community, too. I might be a bit inactive cuz uni but its definitely feasible to manage my beloved team.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
First non-badger!

Team Name: Renegade Reuniclusters
Brief List of Accomplishments: Played in PSPL IV
Why Would You Make A Good Manager?: Active 12 hours a day, by now I should know a lot of people and I think a lot of people (might) know me, and I have experience and all-around knowledge of the selected tiers

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
Team Name: L-handing Lanturns
Brief List of Accomplishments: ive been carried to the finals of rupl, semis of uupl. i also never got bought for the prestigious oupl and i even got rejected signing up for the legendary npl. i was also on the winning pspl team this year!!! im also a wcop assman :d
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: i'm me

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: THE KINGLAX
Brief List of Accomplishments: Pretty much co-managed to finals in RUPL, played in 90% of the PLs this season and went to finals in all except OMPL
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I'm very active and I know most lower tier communities well

Last edited:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Team Name: something to do with anime probably
Brief List of Accomplishments: i created soulgazer
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: i will buy only my friends in my cliques and ignore everyone else regardless of whether they deserve to be in this tournament or not

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Ramp Machamps

Brief List of Accomplishments: Winner of UU open, manager of UUPL III and IV (won III), played in SPL 6. Lost against microwaveable in PSPL IV.

Why Would You Make a Good Manager?:
Team player, in leadership position for almost two years now, active, winner of past premier team tours. As long as Spoofy isn't on my team we'll make it to playoffs.

Shaka Brah

Banned deucer.
Team Name: Sockmonkey Slakings
Brief List of Accomplishments: I co-managed a finals team in POCL.
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: Unmatched knowledge of Smogon and PO community playerbase, invented all of the PU metagame trends with c0mp and Ary in 2014, in depth game reviews and analysis on my youtube channel. I am objectively the best choice to manage in this tournament.

Is there an ass slot?

Team Name: Mathematical Monfernos
Brief List of Accomplishments: was drafted midseason for SPL, made grand slam playoffs and RU Open finals once upon a time, won PUPL this year, competed in 3 NUPLs and 2 PUPLs, did WCOP for Team UK.
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I have a working metagame knowledge of all the above tiers, I'm quite active for the coming months, and have connections across every tier.

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Team Name: Tropical Tropius
Brief List of Accomplishments: played in SPL twice, played in WCOP twice, played in every smogon unofficial PL. Playoffs in some official tours (OU tiers mainly though). Played a few team tours outside Smogon too.
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I'm an active tournament player, I know the tiers and the playerbase. I have prior managing experience (captain in wcop, manager+winner in italian spl, co-memeger in pocl etc.), and firmly support the use of Tropius as long as you're on my team.

free dpp nu.

Team Name: BICURIOUS BRUXISH (if thats not allowed i'll be the Groovy Grubbins)

Brief List of Accomplishments:
  • Started in a lower tier in SPL 7 (NU)
  • On the bench for Team Canada in the most recent WCOP
  • Played in every lower tier PL (UUPL, RUPL, NUPL, PUPL)
  • Managed the Rowdy Rampardos to the finals of the last NUPL
  • Was probably on a PSPL team
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I'm extremely familiar with the team tour environment and know how to create a winning atmosphere on a team while still maintaining that people enjoy themselves. I'm familiar with the lower tiers and their playerbases and i'll definitely be active enough to send in lineups and help my team along the way. Plus my team name is the best

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Team Name: Either Dynamic Machamp or Stunt-or-die Steelix
Brief List of Accomplishments: Played NU in two different SPLs, managed various PLs including NUPL, played in every UU/RU/NU PL over the past two years going positive in all bar the most recent NUPL, played in multiple SPLs/WCOPs in general, -OUTL, done literally everything that can possibly be listed as an accomplishment on PO lol, etc.
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: Still very in touch w/ the playerbases, esp of NU and UU, and I am fairly competent in UU (can be in NU and RU in a pinch), built/playtested each of the three tiers frequently during multiple SPLs, managed at least a half dozen teams in the past, wiling to dedicate myself aka 'tryhard', good leader, etc.

e: the poster below me likes 2d girls dont pick him lol

Last edited:
Team Name: Avaricious Arcanines
Brief List of Accomplishments: Won Smogon Classic, made playoffs 10/10 team tournaments, won spl twice, won wcop twice, went 10-0 in spl one year, proxied for mfhoundoom in pocl midseason along w/ omfuga, made the best on paper pl team ever that was unjustly robbed in finals, body bagged everyone in rupl 3, and im basically jesus
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I know fuckin everyone whos actually good and isnt a down syndrome retard so like bop there it is

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Team Name: Ferragamo Feraligatrs
Brief List of Accomplishments: I've played for team Canada for the past 2 years in WCOP and POWC, managed the Arsenal Arcanines to a finals berth in the latest POCL.
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I proved that I can manage well in POCL, the algorithm I developed for player ranking (based on the CORSI model used in hockey statistics) paired with my extreme knowledge of the playerbase on this site will undoubtedly lead to success in the auction. I will be very active during the season and will be taking this very seriously, I do not play any of these tiers so my focus will be put on managing solely. I am a professional scout for the Ottawa Senators organization of the National Hockey League for which I was picked because of my personability, data-retention skills, and my ability to construct data collection apparatuses (as I have already done for this site, it has been proven to work through my success in POCL and my recent winning of the OST predictions tournament). Although I am mainly an OU player, I promise I know this community and lower tier communities internationally better than anyone.

Team Name: Noctowl Hoot Hoot Hoot Hoots
Brief List of Accomplishments: Played UU in spl 7, won uupl, co managed uupl with Hogg, undefeated in the last rupl, did well in nupl. Essentially all i do is lower tiers lol(although watch out im in the mountains training bw ou!!)
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I'm an active smogon member and very familiar with the lower tier communities. Pick me!!!

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Krusty Krabs
Brief List of Accomplishments: played in spl7, pocl, like every low tier pl for the past 3 years. won nupl as a manager/player
Why Would You Make a Good Manager: i'll buy all the non-italian/spanish/brazilian/etc. players i work with children all day, i know how to handle them im a nice guy i'll actually give a shit, i know my shit, my team will not be shit

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Team Name: The Like Whoring Lickilickies
Brief List of Accomplishments: I managed to rack up over 8000 likes during my time on smogon(dot)com. Besides that, I also [REDACTED BECAUSE IT HURT ONE OF MY FAN'S FEELINGS], but who cares about that lol [insert other accomplishments that no one will bother reading through here]
Why Would You Make a Good Manager?: I would manually write every single one of my player's victory posts in order to rack up the biggest amount of likes possible throughout this tournament. Also, I made this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)