Lucky's Splish Splash Gen 5 Rain team

Yes, this is a rain team. Yes, I know it could be SkullF***ed by another weather, but bear with me, please?

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 196 Def / 156 SAtk / 156 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Hypnosis

Obvious choice to start, If i can carry a type advantage (flying or dark or something) then use attacks as required, if the opponent puts up a wall, put it to sleep (I find it more reliable than Toxic)

Umbra~ (Erufuun) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 16 Def / 236 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Hurricane
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Mischievous lil devil~ I always keep this one to abuse Leech and Toxic, if it doesnt kick the bucket by then, Hurricanes and Energy balls in the rain. or sun. or sand. I think. I should also note that I keep it despite whatever team i use, Its too damn cute to ignore >3<

Raikou @ Balloon
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 104 HP / 212 SAtk / 192 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Alright, heres a standard abuser of rain, take note it's using a balloon as opposed to choice specs, this is mostly due to the fact if i use a crap move like aura and they send out shanderra or something thats immune, i'm screwed over so balloon for anti ground and attack accordingly.

Roobushin (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Atk / 136 Def / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

Not so basic Roo, uses Bulk up first round for a buff and depending if i'm getting hit, will either use mach or drain respectivly, stone edge is there for the ones that are weak to it or unable to get hit...Friggen Ghost Jellies....Iron Fist for more damage, kinda weigh's out guts in my opinion, and a lum berry to get rid of will o wisp.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 52 Atk / 128 Def / 164 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock/Twave
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

I ALMOST feel bad using this one, mostly due to the fact the rain weakens fire type attacks and allows me to retaliate with something nice, if i feel bored of SR (I usually am) I'll use Twave to mess with teams

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Because apparently, no one can abuse the rain like they can the sun, snow or sand.

Also sniper is much better, you get a crit and they die, not alot of stuff can really stop triple damage. Back up Physical attacker in case of special walls or if Rooboshun dies or if theres a heatran.

Please forgive me for this very horrible RMT, i'm still learning to make actual good ones.

Your EVs are all over the map. Do they even serve a purpose or are you just putting them where you feel like? As a general rule it's better to prioritize HP EVs rather than splitting them between defenses for superior bulk. Politoed for example is better off with Max HP first and than you can put the rest where you deem necessary.

Whimsicott has no business attacking anything, it's sole purpose is to abuse Mischievous Heart. So either Max it's HP and Df and give it all support moves, or sub it for something that can actually abuse Hurricane like Dragonite or Tornarus. They both get STAB while they're at it.

Frankly, Iron Fist is entirely outclassed by Guts. A burn immunity and 1.5 attack boost as well as a better item choice like Leftovers is much better than a measly 1.2 boost to only your punch attacks and Lum. Conkeldurr also doesn't need Df EVs with Bulk Up, put more into HP and SpD. 120 HP / 252 At / 136 SpD works well.

Your EVs are all over the map. Do they even serve a purpose or are you just putting them where you feel like? As a general rule it's better to prioritize HP EVs rather than splitting them between defenses for superior bulk. Politoed for example is better off with Max HP first and than you can put the rest where you deem necessary.
In all honesty, I thought Defensive EV's were better, mostly due experiences with a Vaporeon I had for a special wall meat shield. Didn't really work out well.

Whimsicott has no business attacking anything, it's sole purpose is to abuse Mischievous Heart. So either Max it's HP and Df and give it all support moves, or sub it for something that can actually abuse Hurricane like Dragonite or Tornarus. They both get STAB while they're at it.
Toxic and Leech were the only ones I could get for it to abuse really, and it elt better to get it an attack move in case i cant do anything to it (nattorie)

Frankly, Iron Fist is entirely outclassed by Guts. A burn immunity and 1.5 attack boost as well as a better item choice like Leftovers is much better than a measly 1.2 boost to only your punch attacks and Lum. Conkeldurr also doesn't need Df EVs with Bulk Up, put more into HP and SpD. 120 HP / 252 At / 136 SpD works well.
Can't argue with that logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)