Luigi's Mansion Mafia - GAME OVER! DEGs and Lady Salamence win!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I'd also like to say Alch has extremely good credentials to lead, given the fact that he has a moderator badge. It's obvious that he knows what he's doing and the community has already recognized him.

That's an awfully crappy defense.

"You're a terrible liar." Badal would laugh at you for that defense. Not even he would say that. Instead he would send in his mafia role PM.

You're on trial now. Prove to everyone here that you're not a RAG.

Also, I find it funny that you say I'm the retard when there's been evidence that you're the retarded person. auramaster and dukefan5 can attest to this.
Very well. I'll send you my Role PM as soon as D1 begins.

And for the record, I was joking. When you think about it, we're all idiots to a certain degree. Some of us are less stupid than others. That's why we have people like Bill Gates living alongside people like...George W. Bush. Hey-oh!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi! I'm from the village, part of a pair. I'll be claiming in the morning and leading us.

In the mean-time, try not to get too spooked.

E:<GeneralSpoon> the inspector could be a moron who needs
<GeneralSpoon> it to be spelled out

Inspector, I'd like you to check me tonight please.
Inspector, exercise extreme caution please. I would be extremely wary of anyone who both requests to be inspected AND claims a non-role who wants to lead. Yes, I am aware I led a game as a twin in Redwall, but the difference there was that I had a role in addition to being a twin. Here, Alchemator has to prove absolutely nothing, has a fairly non-standard role (twins are not in a majority of Beginner games), and is ordering our inspector around. And let's assume that Alchemator is village and the inspector does what he wants...how does that help us? The mafias may well have a safeguard ability to block it!

In short, I don't think Alchemator is a good candidate to lead this village at all, and I think the inspector checking him tonight is even more foolish since it could easily be blocked. We definitely don't want the mafia knowing who we are inspecting.

Finally, I have an alternative to lead the village-me! I am the Mayor, a role that has been on every Beginner village ever, and to boot I am two of the three Clockwork Soldiers (and thus have two votes), separated from the third...which means that whoever is the last one out there can confirm my innocence! I have a track record of leading villages to victory (see MOB mafia, Redwall mafia, etc.), and am clearly in a better position to lead than someone whose role is far less standard and who wants us to give away who we are inspecting the very first night (the most important night for getting info rolling, I might add). If you want that level of competence from a leader, claim to Alchemator.

Oh and I might also add that the rules add nothing about inspections being truthful always, which may be why Alchemator is begging to be inspected...he is a mole role (which means he shows up as village upon inspection even though he is actually mafia, for those of you new to this)! Seriously, think about it...what experienced mafia player would give away our most powerful weapon to the mafia to block on the first night? Either Alchemator is not thinking at all and is village (possible, but he is better than that) or he is trying to sabotage our inspections. Neither of those seems like a good trait for a village leader.

I will post my role PM come Day 1, and will expect claims. Thank you and have a good day.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
UncleSam said:
Either Alchemator is not thinking at all and is village (possible, but he is better than that) or he is trying to sabotage our inspections. Neither of those seems like a good trait for a village leader.
If you villagers would like to believe what is quite clearly a smear campaign against me, then go ahead. For those of you who aren't idiots and/or don't want to be muscled around by UncleSam's rhetoric, you'll stick with me as your leader.

And to add to UncleSam's deception, he clearly does not know a common feature of a twin role, which I do indeed possess.

All will become clear in the morning, naturally.

UncleSam

Leading this village
By a "common feature of the twin role" Alchemator means that he gains kills should his twin die...an easily faked role for a mafia, no? Additionally, on occasion when a twin dies the other one turns into a wolf, not a village vigilante.

Neither of those is a good situation for the village. I, however, am claiming literally the most bog-standard role that is on every single village, providing proof of my claim, and pointing out why what Alchemator is suggesting is harmful to the village.

Alchemator, if it is a "smear campaign", why not actually answer my points rather than just label it?

Why are you so evasive with regards to why you are telling the inspector to do the very last thing we want him to do: broadcast who he is checking to the mafia?

Alchemator

By a "common feature of the twin role" Alchemator means that he gains kills should his twin die...an easily faked role for a mafia, no? Additionally, on occasion when a twin dies the other one turns into a wolf, not a village vigilante.
The mafia doesn't pull an extra kill out of the hat when <person x> dies. I'm quite confident that my allegiance will remain with the village.

UncleSam said:
Neither of those is a good situation for the village. I, however, am claiming literally the most bog-standard role that is on every single village, providing proof of my claim, and pointing out why what Alchemator is suggesting is harmful to the village.
I am perfectly aware that the inspector inspecting me is not the best situation, but I'm here for the long-haul.

UncleSam said:
Alchemator, if it is a "smear campaign", why not actually answer my points rather than just label it?
I believe I have here? Additionally, it's simply crowded with damning statements.

UncleSam said:
Why are you so evasive with regards to why you are telling the inspector to do the very last thing we want him to do: broadcast who he is checking to the mafia?
Revealing himself would be worse. And why am I evasive? Because you're immediately accusing me of being a mafia, based on absolutely no evidence and hoping that mere words will win you followers.

Not to mention that in the accompanying IRC conversation you're having, you continually mention that I "should be better than this". Your arguments won't fly.

UncleSam

Leading this village
The mafia doesn't pull an extra kill out of the hat when <person x> dies. I'm quite confident that my allegiance will remain with the village.

True, but you could always claim you hooked a mafia kill or something. Either way, killer leading isn't a good idea, did that occur to you?

I am perfectly aware that the inspector inspecting me is not the best situation, but I'm here for the long-haul.

If it isn't the best situation, why did you suggest it? And what does your being "here for the long haul" have to do with anything? Seriously, you just post non-sequiturs and hope people will believe you!

I believe I have here? Additionally, it's simply crowded with damning statements.

No you haven't. You haven't explained why you asked the inspector to do the worst possible thing he could do other than admit it "isn't the best situation", you haven't explained why you are trying to lead with a role that is far from standard and that may turn into a wolf (though I am happy you say you are "confident you won't", that makes me feel much better about it thanks), and you haven't explained why anyone should trust you whatsoever, you haven't even given your role name! There is no reason to trust you over me, especially after you tried to sabotage our inspector!

Revealing himself would be worse. And why am I evasive? Because you're immediately accusing me of being a mafia, based on absolutely no evidence and hoping that mere words will win you followers.

Yes, and us lynching the inspector would be even worse. How does the fact there are conceivable worse situations for the village to be in make you more trust-able? And generally villagers get very truthful when accused because they know the truth will always come out in the long run, only mafias try to evade questioning as to their actions.

Not to mention that in the accompanying IRC conversation you're having, you continually mention that I "should be better than this". Your arguments won't fly.

You should be better than this. You are an experienced mafia player who suggested the worst thing for the inspector to do, which I can only think you would do because you have some kind of mole role (seriously, why the hell else would be demand to be inspected?) And saying my "arguments won't fly" is just another sensationalist statement backed by no reasoning intended to mislead players new to mafia.
Responses in bold.

Alchemator may well be villager still, but he is playing incredibly poorly and is a poor choice to lead in comparison to someone with a better track record, more trust-able role, and someone who hasn't asked the inspector to misplay on the very first night.

Alchemator

My role name is Henry.

I really can't be bothered to take constant accusations when it's currently against the rules to show my evidence, and bullying me out of a leadership position is easily more treacherous than anything I have 'demanded'.

We'll continue this in the morning.

UncleSam

Leading this village
"Bullying you out of leadership" is "easily more treacherous" than asking the inspector to misplay?

I decided that it makes no sense to trust you when my role is much easier to trust AND I haven't been suggesting the inspector misplay in order that the village doesn't get led by either a twat or a mafia. How the hell is doing what is best for the village "treacherous" in any way?

And complain about my "bullying you out of leadership" all you want, this isn't kindergarten. We don't just give village leadership to the first person who asks for it, we give it to the person who is most trust-able.

You can call my arguments "treacherous" if you like, but if you don't (or can't) explain why they are the best for the village, then kindly stop asking for claims.

In short, no one claim to Alchemator. He has given no reason to trust him over me other than that he asked for claims first. If you honestly want to give it to someone who is less likely to be a villager AND less likely to do a good job even if he is a villager (as evinced by the fact he can't figure out how to deal with who the inspector targets), give him your claims. If you would rather trust the guy who both has a standard role AND has someone who can verify his role name as innocent, then give me your claims.

And of course Alchemator wants to put this off until "the morning", since he just wants to control the inspector as long as possible! I can't wait until morning because I know that every second I let the inspector be controlled is worse for the village. I have been open and honest in every way while Alchemator has continually tried to shift blame with sensationalist and unproven/illogical statements. Do not claim to him.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Alright, I'm siding with US here.
Alchemator said:
We'll continue this in the morning.
This composes a number of problems. 1, the inspector, whoever he is, will not know what to do. If he's anyone new to Smogon Mafia (yes, ribeye, Smogon Mafia is different from other websites) he or she will most likely blindly follow whoever asked for an inspection first. And that is Alchemator. 2, I know someone who whenever he is being pushed into a theoretical corner, he just says "Whatever" and walks off. In all cases I've experienced, this is a horrible idea, as it leaves everything hanging, and the subject is avoided. Night 0 exists so the Village and Mafia can get themselves in order, and decide what to do. By pushing it of until later, we lose precious time that we could be using to collect claims.

I really can't be bothered to look through the statistics to see the First-Leader-Wannabee:Village Role numbers, so I won't go into that.

I don't have much else to say that US already hasn't addressed.

I couldn't play in this game because of vacation so I can't give you advice on who to follow even though I have an opinion. Please do not inquire as to the purpose of this post.

ALCH IS A LAZY APPROVER TROLOLOLOL

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
As the morning dawns, you all gather in the foyer of the mansion. A quick headcount reveals that all 25 of you are present - not a single person absent! As you pass around this exciting news, an unfamiliar ghost wafts into the room. He waits for quiet before speaking.

"Alright, listen up. To decide who is most worthy to find the lost treasure of the mansion, each day you will be voting someone to be put through the Ghost Portraificationizer. In the case of a tie, both selections will be sacrificed, but no one will be the next day. Have fun killing each other."

He then turns on an old gramophone in the corner, which crackles to life with a burst of static.

Hi everyone, just proving my role to UncleSam!
As the ghost left the room, you all cast furtive looks around the room, wondering which of your number will be the next to fall.

RESULT PMS ARE CURRENTLY GOING OUT. IF YOU DON'T GET A PM, YOUR RESULT WAS SUCCESSFUL.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Results are now out. It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on August 2 at 10:30 PM GMT-5 (US Central Time), or when majority is reached.

If you didn't get a PM and think you should have, please tell me ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)