SM OU M-Gyarados FWG Offense [1500+][inProgress]

Which move to remove on my gren?

• Total voters
Hello guys! I'm Sphinxx and here with my 4th RMT. This team as stated from the title is based around a FWG (Fire-Water-Grass) core with Mega-Gyarados as the main pokemon. IMO, MGyarados is a very underrated mon and underused in OU. With the proper team composition and play ingame, it can become a real monster as most teams are unprepared for MGyarados due to its relatively low popularity in the OU tier.

The team is currently 1500+ in PS after only a week of playing and I have decided to make it my main team and am currently aiming to reach 1700-1800 ELO in PS. But as I have tweaked the team, I have already hit limbo at 1500-1600, not being able to break the 1700 ELO barrier, so I am posting my team in order to garner suggestions as well as to share it with others as laddering from 1000-1400 was a breeze while using the team.

Before I move on to the teambuilding process, replays, and team member discussions, I'd like to give my thanks and shoutouts to
RedzoneX and kamikaz 100
whom I met in the PS OU chatroom, for the initial advice and suggestions for the team composition. Thanks guys!

Mega Gyarados Offense (FWG CORE)
Team Building/Team Members Discussions

Krakken / Mega Gyarados
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Crunch
EarthquakeIce Fang

The star of the show, Mega Gyarados is a very underrated and underused Mega Pokemon in the OU tier. Thanks to its great offensive typing and access to coverage, it is a very formidable sweeping pokemon after its checks are weakened. The EV spread ensure maximum attack stat, being able to outspeed non-scarf Ash-Gren and Koko after 1 DD, also being able to 2HKO any variant of Toxapex unboosted. The rest is put in bulk in order to tank more chip damage from water shurikens. The only notable consideration for max speed investment is for Mega Beedrill but it's not really common. Moxie is taken over intimidate since we have a Lando on the team and the team WILL struggle against Bisharp if it can toggle defiant on two of the mons. Also, the additional attack boost before mega-evolving is useful for breaking fatter teams using minimum number of boosts. Bar bisharp tho, intimidate can be taken over moxie. Waterfall and Crunch are obligatory stab moves, both hitting hard due to MGyara's high attack stat. Ice Fang was taken initially as the last move but Earthquake was found out to be a lot more effective in hitting Electric pokemon and Pex which are very common in the tier. Dragon Dance is our bread and butter boosting skill, allowing MGyarados to be beastly late in the game.
- 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 284-336 (101 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 206-244 (67.7 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 297-349 (42.2 - 49.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
- 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 236-282 (61.7 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
- +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 180-213 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Sasquatch / Tangrowth

@ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
Hidden Power Ice
Knock Off
Giga Drain
Earthquake

Tangrowth is the second member of the FWG core with Mega Gyarados. With Maximum HP and SpDef EVs, it can tank a plethora of special threats in the tier. especially Greninjas. Regenerator allows multiple switchins, being able to scout for moves as well as pivoting in and out of battle whilst regenerating health. Sassy nature provides no kick on any other stat, maximizing defensive and offensive output for speed. HP Ice hits non-z Zygarde, Chomp, and non fly-z Lando-T after Tang switches in on them. Knock Off is a must in the meta, crippling Chansey, Choice-item mons, and lefties fatmons on switch. Giga Drain is for the grass stab on the team. Equake ensures heatran doesn't come in for free on this guy. Sasquatch acts as a move scout and mixed wall (def is good even with juts 4 EVs), and is switched into Lele and Gren. It also relieves leech seed pressure from the likes of Steela and Ferro, knocking off their lefties before switching out.

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 240-284 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 156-186 (38.6 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
- 252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 114-135 (28.2 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
- 252 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 265-312 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth in Psychic Terrain: 160-189 (39.6 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Lava Monster / Heatran

@ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Lava Plume

The Lava Monster is the last member of the FWG core and is specially defensive in order to take hits from Flying and Fairy types better for the other 2 (Krakken and Sasquatch). Heatran checks most of the threats that hinder Gyara's sweep including Steela, Zam (can switchin once on Focus Miss), and serves as soft checks to offensive flying types. 248 HP EVs provides the odd number hp, rest is put in Defense EVs. Max SpDef allows it to live 1 earth power from timid max SpA Heatran and 0HKOing it back with EPower. Lava Plume is fire stab(Magma Storm is not opted as this is not a trapping set). Stealth Rock is a must on every team and is placed on tran, which finds free rocks on many pokemon such as the prevalent steel types nowadays. Toxic is preferred over protect and taunt in order to cripple switchins like Keldeo, Gren, and Kyurem Black if ever Heatran is in first.

- 252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 180-214 (46.7 - 55.5%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
- 252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 272-324 (70.6 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
- 0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 308-364 (95.3 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
- 0 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran in Rain: 174-206 (45.1 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Cerberus-2 / Landorus-T

@ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Rock Polish
Fly
Earthquake

The king of OU, the set utilized in this team is the double dance set. Double Dance Fly-Z often catches people offguard and results to sweeps. The Intimidate ability is useful for switching into physical mons, lowering their attack stat. Adamant nature ensures 0HKOs on specific mons like other Lando T after an SD and 0HKOing Pex also after an SD. 4 in SpD to better the shuriken matchup. FlyZ hits MVenu, Hawlucha, and Fat Grasses, which this team would struggle with otherwise. Earthquake is obligatory stab and hits like a truck with the adamant nature. The thing with DD lando is that no one expects it. Usually it comes in on a mon, opposing Lando T comes in on an SD Fly-Z. It also revenge kills MPinsir when it comes in from full, or flies on MPinsir's SD and 0HKOs it next turn. Soft checks stuff like slow Magearna's, Alowak, Zard X and Zygarde to some extent.

- 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 271-319 (70.9 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
- +2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 432-510 (142.1 - 167.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Fly vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir-Mega: 300-354 (110.7 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- -1 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 166-196 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- +2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 265-312 (66.5 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Icarus / Zapdos

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Defog
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Roost

The designated defogger, fast bulky Zapdos is the choice mon. 248 HP EVs ensure odd numbered max bulk while the speed nature and EVs allow Icarus to outspeed 309 speed mons like fast Lando T. The rest is put in defense in order to take hits from MPinsir and non-ice punch MegaCham better. Tbolt is stab, HP Ice hits LandoT, Zygarde hard (Ferro is walled completely by heatran so heatwave maybe opted if Ferro becomes a problem too much). Defog is a must since I'd auto lose to hazard stack. Roost for reliable recovery outside of the leftovers. Pressure as an ability strengthens the stall matchup. An alternate set is to use rocky helmet with Static ability for that 30% Paralyze meme.

Ninja Master / Greninja

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Ice Beam
U-turn
Low Kick
Rock Slide

The Ninja Master himself, scarf physical Protean Gren is the most common lead of the team and this unorthodox set usually catches people offguard. Max attack and 4 SpA EVs make for an all-out attacking Gren, scoring 0HKOs on Ice Beam weak mons while keeping its physical cleaning potential intact with max attack EVs. U-turn is for momentum and 0HKOs slower gren. Gren does not die to non-max Attack gren. Low kick is a good fighting stab, which is surprisingly useful for some situations especiall when that Chansey thinks he can just soft boil on you. Rock slide 0HKOs all Volc variants (even max hp max def) and MPinsir. Gren is the lead pokemon scouting for sets and momentum with u-turn/ice beam. Scarfgren outspeeds most mon bar scarf Koko.

- 4 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 468-552 (122.5 - 144.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- 4 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 210-248 (74.7 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
- 252 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 254-302 (89.1 - 105.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
- 4 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Greninja: 224-266 (78.5 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 252 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 210-248 (29.8 - 35.2%) -- 21% chance to 3HKO
- 252 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 236-278 (74.6 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 252 Atk Protean Greninja Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 372-444 (99.7 - 119%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
- 252 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 318-374 (81.3 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1. Kyurem-B
Counterplay is to catch it off with low kick gren after it hopefully gets damage. Otherwise it's a sacking game if MGyara can't setup.
2. Jolly Mega Medicham
Beastly and is a huge threat to my team. My team's lack of psychic coverage makes it hard to revenge kill if it has Ice punch.
3. Scarf Koko
Hard to predict as some koko users feign scarf. I have no way to outspeed it, Tang is heavily pressured.
4. Trick room
No taunt means free trickrooms. Good thing Tang can check TR Magearna.

This was my team. I am entertaining suggestions and comments. Will be updating the ladder rating if it improves. Thank you for reading!

Hey Sphinxx! Cool team you have here utilising Mega Gyarados, a seriously under looked threat in the metagame. In sayings that, I believe your team isn't properly supporting the big shrimp and you're solely relying on Landorus offensive capabilities to break the majority of its checks and counters. Landorus is also using a set that does not specialize in breaking, rather in sweeping and can be easily walled especially because it too is lacking the proper support. Too sum it up, you're lacking in raw breaking power and relying on sets and Pokémon that are not designed to fill those roles to tear down walls for your sweepers. In this rate I plan to fix that with the addition of some new sets and Pokémon, enjoy!

Major Changes:

>

I want to first start off by removing Zapdos and replacing it with scarf Latias, as this provides you with a lot more utility, while still keeping that defogging option. The biggest utility it provides is healing wish support, which will allow you to set up and use Gyarados more freely, as well as help out the rest which is generally lacking healing options. It also gives you a more solid answer to fire types like Heatran and Charizard Y which can both tear through your team with there stabs + coverage; while it also gives you an additional means of dealing with calm mind Keldeo, which can be quite threatening after a boost.

>

Next i'd like to change Greninja to Ash-Greninja, as with the inclusion of scarf latias we already have a designated scarfer and no longer need the utility that scarf greninja offers. The main reason I wanted to run Ash-Greninja is because it's an excellent late game cleaner that can take advantage of the devastation Gyarados leaves behind as well as gyaraods being abale to take advantage of the waste Ash-Greninja leaves behind. This works because the two share similiar checks and counters and are bound to either weaken or remove those mons throughout the course of the game, which is obviously beneficial for the other one sweeping or cleaning up. Ash-Greninja provides some other useful things, like priority in water shuriken which can help revenge kill threaten pokemon and it also lays spikes whcih allows for an easier time time wearing down it's checks and counters. Defog and spikes might seem counter intuitive, however it's really not as it provides an additional option that you can use at your free will and also the fact that spikes promote opposing defogs from your opponent, which will effectively mean you spend less time defogging and more time setting up your win cons.

Semi-Major Changes:

Smack down > Rock Polish
Substitute > Swords Dance
Jolly > Adamant

Now i want to change your Landorus into a proper breaker, rather then a set up sweeper, that way it can actually blast through some walls and properly support your sweepers/cleaners. I choose to put smack down over Rock Polish so that you avoid being walled out by the likes of Celesteela, Skarmory and Zapdos, that way you're no longer going to be faced with situations where your opponent just doubles from his fat grass into one of these and you accomplish nothing. I went with substitute over Swords Dance, so that you can abuse all the free switches Landorus-T creates and hopefully milk it for an extra kill or two, therefore opening up more potential sweeping chances. I think swords dance is fine however and I think it would be worth a shot testing each one to see which you perfer/works better for you. The last thing is more of a personal preference, but i personally prefer Jolly on my Landorus so I can get a hit off on Adament Landorus or at least have a 50/50 chance to do so. It's also kind of nice if you run into neutral base 100s and you can get a big hit off, although most offensive Pokemon in that speed tier should be running a + speed nature, which is why I say it's a preference thing.

Magma Storm > Lava Plume
244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe > 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Timid > Calm
Taunt > Toxic

I went with Magma Storm over Lava Plume because it effectively allows you to trap and remove some of Gyarados's and the teams biggest annoyances, mainly Toxapex which has the ability to wall out a solid chuck of the team atm. it also deal signifacntly more damage and effectively stops potential switch ins from doubling out, which allows for more safer switching on your end. All Heatran should be running max speed or at least faster then Jolly Bulu, as you dont want one of your best means of revenge killing it to be out sped and brutalized by superpower. 244 Hp is a leftover number rand effectively lets you gain more leftovers and also reduces the damage of leech seed (if i recall correctly), which is nice since heatran is prone to switching into Celesteela and grass types that may carry it. 12 Def with the Hp Ev's lets you live +1 jolly eq from Zard-X at full in grassy terrain 50% of the time after rocks, which admitely is a bit of an oddly specific situation, but there's nothing really else of benefit to do with the Ev's (lol). I would normally never drop Toxic for Taunt on Heatran, but the recent spike in Cosmic Power clef pretty much mandates either a taunt user or something with trick in order not to be outright swept. It does also help 1v1 SpD Toxapex better, as you can stop it from recover spamming off the damage.

48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe > 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Substitute > Crunch/Waterfall
Earthquake > Ice Fang

Your current Ev's dont allow you to outspeed Mega-Loppuny at +1 as well as the less common Manectric, which can obviosuly put a huge damper in your ability to sweep. Your also slower then Tapu Bulu at Natural, which might lead to some situations where they switch in when there in 2hko range and instead of finishing them off you're either killed or forced out allowing them to regain enough health to force said position again. I personally believe DD-Sub with Stab + Eq Gyarados is the best set, as it allows you to destroy Cele-Pex as well as be an absolute nuisance to stall. Your choice in Stab is up to you, as crunch allows you to hit grasses better like Tangrowth and Waterfall allows you to hit fairies like Clefable for more damage.

Minor Changes:

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD > 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
This is a really small nitpick here, but it might end up saving you if your ever in a 1v1 situation with a Tangrowth, as it'll allow you to out speed opposing Tangrowth and get your hits off first.

Alternate Changes 1:

Stealth Rocks > Substitute

Basically what this does is free up the option to run toxic on Heatran and also give you a more reliable rocker verse stall, since a lot of Sableye's are running near max if not max SpD to eat Heatrans Magma Storms and essentially wall it out and stop rocks from going up.

Toxic > Stealth Rocks

Like i mentioned before, with rocks Landorus you now open up a lot on Heatran to run Toxic which is great for hitting common waters and dragon switch ins and wearing them down over time.

Alternative Changes 2:

>

With trick scarf Latios over Latias, you basically free up the taunt slot on heatran, which means you can keep swords dance or substitute on Landorus and now put on Toxic on Heatran. Do keep in mind that you will be losing healing wish support from doing this and all the benefits that come with it.

Toxic > Taunt

As said, Latios over latias allows you to use toxic over taunt, as you no longer require it to stop Cosmic Power Clefable and you can reap the benefits of being able to hit and wear down waters and dragons over time.

Anyway, that's it from me! I hope you enjoyed this rate as well as got something something out of it and I'll leave you with all three version with the different changes below n_n

Version 1:
Version 2:
Version 3:

Hey Sphinxx! Cool team you have here utilising Mega Gyarados, a seriously under looked threat in the metagame. In sayings that, I believe your team isn't properly supporting the big shrimp and you're solely relying on Landorus offensive capabilities to break the majority of its checks and counters. Landorus is also using a set that does not specialize in breaking, rather in sweeping and can be easily walled especially because it too is lacking the proper support. Too sum it up, you're lacking in raw breaking power and relying on sets and Pokémon that are not designed to fill those roles to tear down walls for your sweepers. In this rate I plan to fix that with the addition of some new sets and Pokémon, enjoy!

Major Changes:

>

I want to first start off by removing Zapdos and replacing it with scarf Latias, as this provides you with a lot more utility, while still keeping that defogging option. The biggest utility it provides is healing wish support, which will allow you to set up and use Gyarados more freely, as well as help out the rest which is generally lacking healing options. It also gives you a more solid answer to fire types like Heatran and Charizard Y which can both tear through your team with there stabs + coverage; while it also gives you an additional means of dealing with calm mind Keldeo, which can be quite threatening after a boost.

>

Next i'd like to change Greninja to Ash-Greninja, as with the inclusion of scarf latias we already have a designated scarfer and no longer need the utility that scarf greninja offers. The main reason I wanted to run Ash-Greninja is because it's an excellent late game cleaner that can take advantage of the devastation Gyarados leaves behind as well as gyaraods being abale to take advantage of the waste Ash-Greninja leaves behind. This works because the two share similiar checks and counters and are bound to either weaken or remove those mons throughout the course of the game, which is obviously beneficial for the other one sweeping or cleaning up. Ash-Greninja provides some other useful things, like priority in water shuriken which can help revenge kill threaten pokemon and it also lays spikes whcih allows for an easier time time wearing down it's checks and counters. Defog and spikes might seem counter intuitive, however it's really not as it provides an additional option that you can use at your free will and also the fact that spikes promote opposing defogs from your opponent, which will effectively mean you spend less time defogging and more time setting up your win cons.

Semi-Major Changes:

Smack down > Rock Polish
Substitute > Swords Dance
Jolly > Adamant

Now i want to change your Landorus into a proper breaker, rather then a set up sweeper, that way it can actually blast through some walls and properly support your sweepers/cleaners. I choose to put smack down over Rock Polish so that you avoid being walled out by the likes of Celesteela, Skarmory and Zapdos, that way you're no longer going to be faced with situations where your opponent just doubles from his fat grass into one of these and you accomplish nothing. I went with substitute over Swords Dance, so that you can abuse all the free switches Landorus-T creates and hopefully milk it for an extra kill or two, therefore opening up more potential sweeping chances. I think swords dance is fine however and I think it would be worth a shot testing each one to see which you perfer/works better for you. The last thing is more of a personal preference, but i personally prefer Jolly on my Landorus so I can get a hit off on Adament Landorus or at least have a 50/50 chance to do so. It's also kind of nice if you run into neutral base 100s and you can get a big hit off, although most offensive Pokemon in that speed tier should be running a + speed nature, which is why I say it's a preference thing.

Magma Storm > Lava Plume
244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe > 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Timid > Calm
Taunt > Toxic

I went with Magma Storm over Lava Plume because it effectively allows you to trap and remove some of Gyarados's and the teams biggest annoyances, mainly Toxapex which has the ability to wall out a solid chuck of the team atm. it also deal signifacntly more damage and effectively stops potential switch ins from doubling out, which allows for more safer switching on your end. All Heatran should be running max speed or at least faster then Jolly Bulu, as you dont want one of your best means of revenge killing it to be out sped and brutalized by superpower. 244 Hp is a leftover number rand effectively lets you gain more leftovers and also reduces the damage of leech seed (if i recall correctly), which is nice since heatran is prone to switching into Celesteela and grass types that may carry it. 12 Def with the Hp Ev's lets you live +1 jolly eq from Zard-X at full in grassy terrain 50% of the time after rocks, which admitely is a bit of an oddly specific situation, but there's nothing really else of benefit to do with the Ev's (lol). I would normally never drop Toxic for Taunt on Heatran, but the recent spike in Cosmic Power clef pretty much mandates either a taunt user or something with trick in order not to be outright swept. It does also help 1v1 SpD Toxapex better, as you can stop it from recover spamming off the damage.

48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe > 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Substitute > Crunch/Waterfall
Earthquake > Ice Fang

Your current Ev's dont allow you to outspeed Mega-Loppuny at +1 as well as the less common Manectric, which can obviosuly put a huge damper in your ability to sweep. Your also slower then Tapu Bulu at Natural, which might lead to some situations where they switch in when there in 2hko range and instead of finishing them off you're either killed or forced out allowing them to regain enough health to force said position again. I personally believe DD-Sub with Stab + Eq Gyarados is the best set, as it allows you to destroy Cele-Pex as well as be an absolute nuisance to stall. Your choice in Stab is up to you, as crunch allows you to hit grasses better like Tangrowth and Waterfall allows you to hit fairies like Clefable for more damage.

Minor Changes:

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD > 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
This is a really small nitpick here, but it might end up saving you if your ever in a 1v1 situation with a Tangrowth, as it'll allow you to out speed opposing Tangrowth and get your hits off first.

Alternate Changes 1:

Stealth Rocks > Substitute

Basically what this does is free up the option to run toxic on Heatran and also give you a more reliable rocker verse stall, since a lot of Sableye's are running near max if not max SpD to eat Heatrans Magma Storms and essentially wall it out and stop rocks from going up.

Toxic > Stealth Rocks

Like i mentioned before, with rocks Landorus you now open up a lot on Heatran to run Toxic which is great for hitting common waters and dragon switch ins and wearing them down over time.

Alternative Changes 2:

>

With trick scarf Latios over Latias, you basically free up the taunt slot on heatran, which means you can keep swords dance or substitute on Landorus and now put on Toxic on Heatran. Do keep in mind that you will be losing healing wish support from doing this and all the benefits that come with it.

Toxic > Taunt

As said, Latios over latias allows you to use toxic over taunt, as you no longer require it to stop Cosmic Power Clefable and you can reap the benefits of being able to hit and wear down waters and dragons over time.

Anyway, that's it from me! I hope you enjoyed this rate as well as got something something out of it and I'll leave you with all three version with the different changes below n_n

Version 1:
Version 2:
Version 3:
Sir I am very grateful and humbled by the time and effort you have put in in order to give me this amazing rate. I will surely test all three versions of the upgraded teams you have presented here in this rate and will surely come back to you with updates. Much thanks and more power to you, sir! :D

PS: Where do you get the little pokemon sprites? It's been 2 years I still haven't found out where to get these haha.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sir I am very grateful and humbled by the time and effort you have put in in order to give me this amazing rate. I will surely test all three versions of the upgraded teams you have presented here in this rate and will surely come back to you with updates. Much thanks and more power to you, sir! :D

PS: Where do you get the little pokemon sprites? It's been 2 years I still haven't found out where to get these haha.
You can get those sprites at veekun. For example, http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/gyarados?form=mega
You can either change the Pokemon name in the url or go to Pokemon Showdown and type /veekun <pokemon>.
The mini-sprite / icon sprite is right at the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)