1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Magikarp (Analysis)

Discussion in 'Uploaded Analyses' started by cookie, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookie

cookie Administrator
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Soc. Forums Leader

joke article if you hadn't already guessed from the pokemon and the user posting it

[Overview]
    <p>There is no excuse for using Magikarp, at all. All comedy value in using it disappeared by about 1998, and anyone who finds it funny deserves to be fed Rare Candy until they get diarrhea. </p>

[SET]
    name: One Speed, One Gear, One Moveset
    move 1: Splash
    move 2: Tackle
    move 3: Flail
    move 4: Bounce
    item: Choice Scarf / Focus Sash / Choice Band / Life Orb / Leftovers / Air Balloon / Eject Button / Stick
    nature: Jolly/Adamant
    evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With the nerf of Explosion and Selfdestruct in Gen 5, Magikarp lost out in its main use as a sacrifice to switch in when the opponent goes boom. However, it still hits a respectable 426 with Jolly and Choice Scarf attached, so you might be able to revenge-kill a low-health Dragonite or something. Putting Sandstorm up would do exactly the same thing for all the damage you're dishing out, but let's work with what we have here. </p>

<p>Focus Sash is good for making Flail work, especially to lead with. The other items are only mentioned because they are all just about as useful overall.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Feebas does this better.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>You could maximize HP at the expense of Speed or Attack to turn OHKOs into 99% chance for OHKOs. You also might as well maximise Special Attack, if only to troll people rating your team. Alternatively, you could just evolve it into Gyarados. Or use any of the vast number of Water types available. Seriously, there's like a hundred of them and you picked this one?</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Stop using an Old Rod.</p>
  2. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

Yea this analysis kind of resembles an OU analyses
  3. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

I'm pretty sure this is an OU analysis that was put in the incorrect place as it mentions 426 speed with a Choice Scarf.
  4. cookie

cookie Administrator
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Soc. Forums Leader

I was told to just put it here since it was unevolved, but yeah, this is meant to be in OU I guess (moved).
  5. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Needs a mention of its DW ability: Rattle.
  6. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

Am I actually supposed to approve this
  7. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

obviously
  8. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

most if not all of you are not funny

if it were anyone other than cookie doing the op we would have laughed you out of town, now stop it

P.S.: i deleted a lot of unfunny posts

firecape edit: i did it i beat sds

also please note you don't get irritable bowel syndrome from eating bad fish

Chou edit: I laughed @ the shitstorm part
  9. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

This thread is attracting too many people who are trying desperately to post funny things and failing miserably. If cookie needs/wants to make edits he can unlock it himself, change it, then re-lock. Joke analyses don't need QC approval anyway.
  10. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

my name is sds and i approve heartily of this edit

(why are random c&cers so unfunny)

edit: for reference there are 20 deleted posts in this thread, each as terrible as the last
  11. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

uploaded cos dgaf
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)