Magmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick rundown of a set that I have had amazing battles with.

Magmar @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Overheat
- Clear Smog

This thing takes hits from the special side like they're nothing. Add Will-O-Wisp and Clear Smog to the mix and you have a great counter to set up Pokemon. The third slot is really left up to user discretion. I use Fire Blast over FT and OH, but it depends on what you want.

The thing about Magmar is that it is actually pretty fast for a wall. If you want to, you could even sacrifice some bulk for extra speed but I don't find that it helps all that much.

I'm just looking for a bit of feedback and maybe some more Magmar sets that you guys have had success with

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Articuno God of All first off welcome to smogon. Unfortunately this isn't the place to post a set like this and Magmar will probably not be getting an analyses due to how niche it really is. I recommend you check out the Mentor program and introduce yourself, which is found [thread=new-smogon-introduction-and-hangout-thread-read-the-first-post.3522706/]here.[/thread] Locking.

blast edit: moving to l&o because mont sucks can't fsr

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)