ORAS OU Make It Rain v2- another OU rain team

Hello all,
This team is basically just an updated version of a rain team I created earlier, which I dubbed "Make It Rain". This one works a whole heap better. All advice/changes will be greatly appreciated. Anyway, let's begin.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest
Politoed is the main rain setter for the team, thanks to drizzle. Scald is for a damaging move in the worst case scenario, with STAB and burn chance to boast of. Toxic can help stall the opposition out, whilst encore can net a free switch in opportunity. Rest extends longevity, as Politoed's only function is to set rain and therefore he doesn't need to be awake to fulfil that need. The HP and special defence ev's allow Politoed to survive longer, and the 96 speed allow it to use encore more efficiently.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
Kabutops is a physical sweeper for my team. Swords Dance boosts attack greatly, allowing Kabutops to get many OHKOs. Stone Edge can hit flying types, and also defend against a potential Charizard Y switch in to break the rain. Low Kick provides coverage and can hit heavier Pokemon extremely well.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
Swamped the takes up my mega slot in the team, and I find myself using him as my primary offensive mon. Waterfall is great stab and damages nicely. Earthquake is more stab and can cause many OHKOs. Ice Punch hits flying type switch ins. Superpower, whilst detrimental stat wise, can provide a much needed KO in times of struggle. Ev' son him are also self explanatory.

Klefki @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Spikes
Klefki is my back up rain setter. Thanks to prankster, rain will always be set if I can switch him in safely. Thunder Wave can cripple sweepers, whilst foul play provides damage. Spikes wear down opposing Pokemon. The Ev's extend his longevity, so he can set up rain several times.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
Ludicolo provides a much needed counter to bulky water types like Rotom W and Suicune. Giga Drain can basically negate the life orb recoil, and extends his sweeping time by restoring HP. Hydro Pump is good STAB boosted by the rain, whilst Focus Blast can hit steel types that resist all its other moves. Ice Beam hits the flying types it lures in.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
Finally, Tornadus T is a Pokemon that provides nice type coverage. Hurricane is very spammable in the rain, with 100% accuracy and confusion chance. U-Turn allows it to pivot and scout for moves, whilst knock off can cripple choice-item and Life Orb reliant mons. Focus Blast also hits Steel and Rock types which resist stab and can are lured in.

Anyway, that's that. All advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

p2

Banned deucer.
hi, nice team. it looks pretty solid considering that you have most necessary components of rain teams covered, however, i feel that you should drop kabutops for kingdra. kingdra is the defining rain sweeper and should be on every single rain team for its ability to just shred through everything that isn't a bulky grass type or chansey. kabutops is your most expendable member considering you've got mega swampert and you don't exactly need something else like mega heracross or scizor and it fits nicely here as your electric check. other than that, i would change torn-t to life orb over assault vest because although you have a slightly harder time switching into grass types, you get to fire off stupidly powerful hurricanes for free which just breaks so many teams coupled with torn-ts huge movepool.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

changes in short:
kingdra >
kabutops
lo torn-t >
av torn-t

Hi ong1324 good job! Unfortunately your team lacks of stealth rocks that are essential for every team. Even though you already have a form of hazard in spikes stealth rocks are needed to break Multiscale or potential Focus Sash (Gengar is immune to spikes for examples). Also the damage provided by rocks can help your sweepers to get some kills. I will show you some calcs to prove it:
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 240-284 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 240-284 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T in Rain: 220-259 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T in Rain: 220-259 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The second problem of the team in my opinion is a pretty big weakness to Bisharp that thanks to the priority can move before your sweepers even under the rain. Now, as fleggumfl said, Kabutops is the most expandable member of the team and we need to replace it with a setter able to check Bisharp and, now that kabutops is gone, Talonflame too. The answer to this problem is Tank Chomp. Tank Chomp is one of the most reliable setter of the current metagame and the combination of Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet wears down easily almost every physical attackers in the tier. Also the huge amount of residual damage is a great benefit for you sweepers. Toxic is the first option for the 4th slot as it allows you to cripple common swampert switchins like Rotom-W or Tangrowth but you can also consider Endure to maximize the residual damage on physical attackers. Speed EVs are needed to outspeed Jolly Bisharp.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic/Endure

Lastly i think that this team really struggles against super fat teams as it lacks of a solid stallbreaker, for this reason i would change TornT set in a Life Orb Taunt variation. Taunt in fact allows you to break stallish core preventing the use of recovery and status moves. Taunt also lets Tornt beat 1vs1 Chansey that walls the AV set. Life Orb Hurricaine is also a fantastic move to spam due to the poorness of flying resistor in the tier that are often beaten by a coverage moce. Superpower is preferred over Focus blast for his better accuracy and for the capacity of hitting harder chansey and spdef heatran.

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Hope it helped, lemme know if you have some other problems.

Hi ong1324 good job! Unfortunately your team lacks of stealth rocks that are essential for every team. Even though you already have a form of hazard in spikes stealth rocks are needed to break Multiscale or potential Focus Sash (Gengar is immune to spikes for examples). Also the damage provided by rocks can help your sweepers to get some kills. I will show you some calcs to prove it:
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 240-284 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 240-284 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T in Rain: 220-259 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T in Rain: 220-259 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The second problem of the team in my opinion is a pretty big weakness to Bisharp that thanks to the priority can move before your sweepers even under the rain. Now, as fleggumfl said, Kabutops is the most expandable member of the team and we need to replace it with a setter able to check Bisharp and, now that kabutops is gone, Talonflame too. The answer to this problem is Tank Chomp. Tank Chomp is one of the most reliable setter of the current metagame and the combination of Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet wears down easily almost every physical attackers in the tier. Also the huge amount of residual damage is a great benefit for you sweepers. Toxic is the first option for the 4th slot as it allows you to cripple common swampert switchins like Rotom-W or Tangrowth but you can also consider Endure to maximize the residual damage on physical attackers. Speed EVs are needed to outspeed Jolly Bisharp.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic/Endure

Lastly i think that this team really struggles against super fat teams as it lacks of a solid stallbreaker, for this reason i would change TornT set in a Life Orb Taunt variation. Taunt in fact allows you to break stallish core preventing the use of recovery and status moves. Taunt also lets Tornt beat 1vs1 Chansey that walls the AV set. Life Orb Hurricaine is also a fantastic move to spam due to the poorness of flying resistor in the tier that are often beaten by a coverage moce. Superpower is preferred over Focus blast for his better accuracy and for the capacity of hitting harder chansey and spdef heatran.

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Hope it helped, lemme know if you have some other problems.
Hi, I like what you've done with the team, however I was just wondering if 2 swift swim users is enough.

Reactions: vso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)