OU Manaphy (Tail Glow + Rain Dance)

• yo. this set is beast homies but I don't know if I should revamp the Tail Glow set with new comments and ice beam slash or make this a separate, they do play differently so i guess this is fine. Even without Ice Beam, its still demolishing teams in rain and offensive teams are freaking frail and this team still beats stall because it hard pressures Ferrothorn when you fully set up on Chansey
Code:
Quality Control [Jukain | aim | Valentine]
Grammar-Prose [Frenzy Plant | Winry.]
Amateur Check(s) [The Dutch Plumberjack]
Tail Glow + Rain Dance
######
name: Tail Glow + Rain Dance
move 1: Tail Glow
move 2: Rain Dance
move 3: Scald / Surf
move 4: Psychic
item: Leftovers
ability: Hydration
evs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
======
This set is designed to annoy sand offense teams and demolish stall teams. Replacing a coverage move with Rain Dance allows Manaphy to 6-0 stall teams without Ferrothorn. Manaphy's ability, Hydration, gives it an effective immunity to moves such as Chansey's Toxic, Mew's Will-O-Wisp, and Amoonguss's Spore. In addition to this, Rain Dance gives +6 Manaphy's Scald the boost it needs to 2HKO Chansey allowing Manaphy to crush the opponent's stall team along with Ferrothorn at +6 with little prior damage and Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field. Psychic covers all other relevant Pokemon such as Rotom-W, the aforementioned Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Alommomola, and Breloom. Alternatively, if the extra power provided by Surf is not needed, Scald is the superior option because it can burn threats early-game. This is especially useful against offensive teams, as it means that common switch-ins such as Azumarill can no longer threaten Manaphy with their powerful moves. Getting a nifty burn also means that Ferrothorn is much easier to deal with.

Set Details
======
136 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allow Manaphy outrun everything up to Pinsir before it Mega Evolves. However, if outpacing Jolly Excadrill is a priority, you can use 160 Speed EVs instead. Max Special Attack investment makes Manaphy as threatening as possible, while the rest of the EVs are tossed in to bulk. Leftovers allows Manaphy to slowly recover off damage throughout the match. A Wacan Berry can be used instead because it lets you beat Thundurus which will often be offensive teams' Manaphy check.

Usage Tips
======
When facing stall teams, bring Manaphy in on Pokemon like Gliscor or Heatran that it naturally forces out, as the obvious switch to Chansey allows you to set up Tail Glow. As you predict a Toxic from Chansey, Rain Dance should be used in order to become immune to Chansey's Toxic and allow you to get another Tail Glow boost. From here, you can then 2HKO Chansey with Scald. If it decides to Softboiled stall, using Scald to fish for burns and critical hits should be allow to deal with it. Ferrothorn is a huge threat as well, so removing it is important.

Team Options
======
Magnezone is Manaphy's partner in crime; it removes Ferrothorn and Manaphy's Rain Dance also lets Magnezone use Thunder to deal massive damage to opposing teams. Tornadus-T is also another noteworthy partner because Manaphy's rain lets it spam Hurricane. Thundurus also becomes much more threatening because it can also use Thunder under Manaphy's rain while also paralyzing threats such as Terrakion and Keldeo, which Manaphy wants to outpace. Mixed Thundurus gets a special mention because it can lure in and Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite and Ferrothorn's Leftovers. Bisharp comes for a good teammate because it can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, which can cause Manaphy some trouble. Bulky Grass-types such as Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss are also great teammates for Manaphy because they can switch in to Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manectric with ease. Latias provides Healing Wish support, allowing Manaphy to get a second chance to sweep, and it appreciates Heatran and Azumarill being removed from the match.
Tail Glow + Rain Dance
######
name: Tail Glow

Moves
======
  • Tail Glow is standard and amazing boosting move. Gives Manaphy +3 Special Attack which is beast.
  • Rain Dance gives immunity to status making it almost impossible for stall teams to stop its wrath because Toxic fails and gives Manaphy the muscle to break past Chansey at +6. It also screws up Mega Charizard Y forcing it to switch out and be locked into Solarbeam allowing another teammate to get a set up opportunity such as Mega Charizard X or Mega Pinsir
  • Surf is standard STAB boosted by rain, but Scald is defintely the better choice because it burns Ferrothorn random switchins and is st5ill very strong with Tail Glow and/or Rain dance
  • Psychic beats Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Breloom, AV Azumarill, Rotom-W, and Kyurem-B (+6 needed since Fusion Bolt OHKOes)
Set Details
======
  • 136 Spe to outpace Mega Pinsir on the Turn it MEvos along with Gliscor, Mamoswine, and below.
  • 160 Spe can be used to outpace Jolly Excadrill and Charizard X. However, neither can OHKO and former is not common enough to warrant usage
  • 120 HP for bulk letting it have much better time setting up against stall and some offensive teams
  • Leftovers increases longevity
  • Timid to give the edge over offensive teams outpacing ZardX,...
  • 6-0s non-Ferro stall
  • Wacan Berry for Thundy and MegaMan
Usage Tips
======
  • Get it on something you force out like Gliscor, Heatran, Landorus-T, Excadrill, or something you can easily set up on like Mega Scizor or Quagsire. Force in Chansey and appropriately boost to +6 in rain to 2HKO Chansey. Rest of team is easy to beat unless they have Ferrothorn which you will have to wear down a bit.
  • Use Rain Dance when Toxic is the predicted move. This set is more fast than the CM set but you are losing more bulk in exchange.
  • Weakening Ferrothorn is the key for this set to 6-0 stall as it is its only counter
  • Against non-Ferro stall, getting up Tail Glow / Rain Dance on something it naturally forces out like Heatran, Hippowdon, or Gliscor is the key to its success
Team Options
======
  • Thundurus-I paralyses things allowing this set to be more succesful versus offensive teams.
  • Tornadus-T loves rain - spamming hurricanes to help eliminate faster teams. Also can Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite and Clefable's Leftovers making Manaphy, so Manaphy sweeps easier.
  • Breloom can absorb Electric- and Grass-type moves aimed at Manaphy and combat Ferrothorn with its powerful Mach Punch
  • Keldeo appreciates the Rain which will boost its devastating Hydro Pump's to a more dangerous level along it to leave a huge dent in Ferrothorn, weakening it enough for Manaphy to beat it at +6. Secret Sword can remove it as well - sadly compounds weaknesses
  • Mega Venusaur is good teammate for helping it beat Thundurus-I, Raikou, etc.
  • Bisharp helps take out Latias with Pursuit which some stall teams carry
  • Raikou helps versus Thundurus-I and Keldeo which do massive damage to it
  • Magnezone because of Ferrothorn bye bye stall

Last edited:

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't really like the rather inconsequential bulk afforded by 100 HP EVs. I think it's better just to put everything in Special Attack.

I would also slash Wacan Berry before Leftovers. Not only does it allow you to lure in and destroy Thundurus / Mega Manectric / Raikou (all of which are common on the hyper offensive teams that Manaphy struggles against), but it also lets you beat Kyurem-B with +3 Psychic.

I don't really like the rather inconsequential bulk afforded by 100 HP EVs. I think it's better just to put everything in Special Attack.

I would also slash Wacan Berry before Leftovers. Not only does it allow you to lure in and destroy Thundurus / Mega Manectric / Raikou (all of which are common on the hyper offensive teams that Manaphy struggles against), but it also lets you beat Kyurem-B with +3 Psychic.
I like the idea of slashing Wacan Berry. I'll test that out and do it. Special Attack too, but we'll see.

Thanks homie.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
would prefer slow spread, like timid and enuf evs for 290 or smth, and run max spatk. i guess u can try and outspeed char y but idt thts worth it, u get some good bulk. modest with 216 spe / 40 hp / 252 spatk is also an option for more power, but i prefer bulky spread.

would only slash lefties, this set is rly prone to passive damage bc no rest so thts important.

ya it 6-0s non-ferro stall easily, emphasize this.

mention amoon for psychic

some prelim comments, will have more once u do teammates

Jukain

Did all the changes and added teammates. Ready for QC Checks. This set seems infinitely better than the Tail Glow set on site to be honest.

120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe with Timid Nature seems like best spread to start with. It still outpaces Gliscor, MegaCham, MegaPin (both on MEvo turn), Mamoswine, pretty much everything you want to outpace because. Sure there's Excadrill, I'll add 160 Spe in Set Details, but its not really important because you can tank EQ rather easily and most are Adamant these days because Sand Rush and you screw it up by predicting Excadrill on the switch and use Rain Dance and nuke something Turn 2.

I'll take out Wacan Berry. Offensive teams need to sack something to get it in anyways. Leftovers is best choice for passive recovery because stall teams are going to be using Seismic Toss, Moonblast, etc to wear it down and they are piss poor weak so Leftovers makes it less of an issue.

Right

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
mention mag as a partner cuz fuck ferro

mention wacan in set details because fast elecs can often stop your sweep in its tracks, no more than that though

slash scald, and make it the primary slash. this set has issues with ferro, latis...scald can burn those and make them much more easily worn down. plus scald has all the power you need with the rain boost taken into account, still achieves the kos it needs to so i don't see a negative to a solid method of helping to bypass your counters.

approved 1/3

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'd slash latias as a nice partner since it appreciates azumarill and heatran being gone + takes care of landorus-t. also provides defog support + healingwish since this things only recovery is leftovers. 2/3

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
amcheck, implement whatever you like and don't implement whatever you don't like or just ask an official GP member if it's any good ^_^
remove
add (Capitalize)
(comments)

• Yo, (AC) this set is beast homies, (AC) but I don't know if I should revamp the Tail Glow set with new comments and a ice beam slash for Ice Beam or make this a separate set; (SC) they do play differently though, (AC) so I guess this is fine. Even without Ice Beam, it's (add apostrophe) still demolishing teams in rain: (colon) and offensive teams are freaking frail and this team set still beats stall because it hard pressures Ferrothorn when you fully set up on Chansey.
Code:
Grammar-Prose [ | | ]
Amateur Checks [None]
Tail Glow + Rain Dance
######

Moves
======
This set is designed to annoy sand offense teams and demolish stall teams. Replacing a coverage move with (no cross-set referencing) Rain Dance allows Manaphy to 6-0 destroy non-Ferrothorn stall teams lacking Ferrothorn: (colon) in conjunction with Manaphy's useful ability Hydration, Rain Dance it gives it Manaphy an immunity to status moves such as Chansey's Toxic, Mew's Will-O-Wisp, and Amoonguss's Spore. In addition to this, it gives Manaphy's Surf the boost it needs to 2HKO Chansey at +6 Special Attack, (AC) allowing it to demolish the opponent's stall team along with if Ferrothorn at +6 with has taken a little prior damage and Stealth Rock has been set upon the opponent's side of the field. In addition to these factors, Rain Dance also renders sand teams much less threatening. (I moved this here because this is where you're discussing Rain Dance.) Psychic covers all other relevant Pokemon, (AC) such as Rotom-W, the aforementioned Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Alommomola, Breloom, and specially defensive Dragonite after Multiscale is broken. However, if the extra power provided by Surf is not needed, Scald remains is the superior option, (AC) as it can burn threats early-game. (add dash) which This is especially useful against offensive teams, (AC) which as it means that common switch-ins (add dash) like such as Azumarill can no longer threaten it Manaphy with their powerful physical moves. (uncomfortably long sentence imo so I split it.) Getting a nifty burn also means Ferrothorn is much easier to deal with. In addition to these factors, Rain Dance also means that Sand teams become much less threatening.

Set Details
======
136 Speed EVs are given used to outpaces Pinsir before it Mega Evolves, (AC) and speed tiers below it as well as anything slower. However, if outpacing Jolly Excadrill is a priority, you can use 160 Speed EVs. Maximum Special Attack investment makes Manaphy as threatening as possible, (AC) with the rest invested into (one word) bulk. Leftovers allows Manaphy to recover off damage throughout (one word) the match. A Wacan Berry can be used as well because it lets you Manaphy beat Thundurus-I, (AC) which will be offensive teams' (add apostrophe) priority preferred (I assumed you meant 'go-to check' rather than 'check that uses priority moves') check for to Manaphy it.

Usage Tips
======
When facing stall teams, bringing this Manaphy in on something that it naturally forces out, like such as Gliscor or Heatran, (AC) is important because it naturally forces it out and which forces your opponent to brings in Chansey and allowing allows you Manaphy to get set up a Tail Glow. As you predict a Toxic from Chansey, Rain Dance should be used to become immune to Toxic and allow you Manaphy to get set up another Tail Glow boost; (AC) where then, you Manaphy can proceed to 2HKO it Chansey with Scald. If Chansey decides to Softboiled stall you Manaphy, fishing out for a burn and critical hits should be able allow Manaphy to deal with it. Ferrothorn is a huge threat as well, so weakening it is important.

Team Options
======
Magnezone is Manaphy's partner in crime. It removes Ferrothorn, (AC) and also while Manaphy's rain lets allows it to use a perfectly accurate Thunder to deal massive damage to the opposing teams. Tornadus-T is also (redundant with 'another') another noteworthy (one word) partner because it can now SPAM use Hurricane without any drawbacks. Thundurus-I also becomes much more threatening in Manaphy's rain because it can now use a perfectly accurate Thunder like Magnezone; (SC) while on the other hand, it can (you're now explaining how Thundy supports Manaphy rather than the other way round, so imo a more explicit break in the sentence is warranted here) also paralyzing paralyze threats like Terrakion and Keldeo which that Manaphy wants to outpace, such as Terrakion and Keldeo. (the examples fit better in the back, they're examples of 'threats that Manaphy wants to outpace', so it's a little awkward if they're in the middle of this phrase) Mixed Thundurus-I gets a special mention because it can lure in Chansey and Knock Off Chansey's its Eviolite, (AC) along with as well as Ferrothorn's Leftovers. Bisharp is also a good teammate because it can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, (AC) which can cause Manaphy some trouble. Bulky Grass-types like such as Mega Venusaur are also great team members for Manaphy because they can switch in to on Thundurus-I, Raikou, and Mega Manectric with ease. Lastly, Latias also provides Healing Wish support, (AC) allowing Manaphy to get a second chance to sweep; (SC, more explicit break is warranted imo for the same reasons as with Thundurus) and it also appreciates Heatran and Azumarill being removed from the match.
Tail Glow + Rain Dance
######

Moves
======
  • Tail Glow is standard and amazing boosting move. Gives Manaphy +3 Special Attack which is beast.
  • Rain Dance gives immunity to status making it almost impossible for stall teams to stop its wrath because Toxic fails and gives Manaphy the muscle to break past Chansey at +6. It also screws up Mega Charizard Y forcing it to switch out and be locked into Solarbeam allowing another teammate to get a set up opportunity such as Mega Charizard X or Mega Pinsir
  • Surf is standard STAB boosted by rain, but Scald is defintely the better choice because it burns Ferrothorn random switchins and is st5ill very strong with Tail Glow and/or Rain dance
  • Psychic beats Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Breloom, AV Azumarill, Rotom-W, and Kyurem-B (+6 needed since Fusion Bolt OHKOes)
Set Details
======
  • 136 Spe to outpace Mega Pinsir on the Turn it MEvos along with Gliscor, Mamoswine, and below.
  • 160 Spe can be used to outpace Jolly Excadrill and Charizard X. However, neither can OHKO and former is not common enough to warrant usage
  • 120 HP for bulk letting it have much better time setting up against stall and some offensive teams
  • Leftovers increases longevity
  • Timid to give the edge over offensive teams outpacing ZardX,...
  • 6-0s non-Ferro stall
  • Wacan Berry for Thundy and MegaMan
Usage Tips
======
  • Get it on something you force out like Gliscor, Heatran, Landorus-T, Excadrill, or something you can easily set up on like Mega Scizor or Quagsire. Force in Chansey and appropriately boost to +6 in rain to 2HKO Chansey. Rest of team is easy to beat unless they have Ferrothorn which you will have to wear down a bit.
  • Use Rain Dance when Toxic is the predicted move. This set is more fast than the CM set but you are losing more bulk in exchange.
  • Weakening Ferrothorn is the key for this set to 6-0 stall as it is its only counter
  • Against non-Ferro stall, getting up Tail Glow / Rain Dance on something it naturally forces out like Heatran, Hippowdon, or Gliscor is the key to its success
Team Options
======
  • Thundurus-I paralyses things allowing this set to be more succesful versus offensive teams.
  • Tornadus-T loves rain - spamming hurricanes to help eliminate faster teams. Also can Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite and Clefable's Leftovers making Manaphy, so Manaphy sweeps easier.
  • Breloom can absorb Electric- and Grass-type moves aimed at Manaphy and combat Ferrothorn with its powerful Mach Punch
  • Keldeo appreciates the Rain which will boost its devastating Hydro Pump's to a more dangerous level along it to leave a huge dent in Ferrothorn, weakening it enough for Manaphy to beat it at +6. Secret Sword can remove it as well - sadly compounds weaknesses
  • Mega Venusaur is good teammate for helping it beat Thundurus-I, Raikou, etc.
  • Bisharp helps take out Latias with Pursuit which some stall teams carry
  • Raikou helps versus Thundurus-I and Keldeo which do massive damage to it
  • Magnezone because of Ferrothorn bye bye stall

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
  • yYo.,(comma) this set is beast homies,(comma) but I don't know if I should revamp the Tail Glow set with new comments and slash iIce bBeam slash or make this a separate set,; they do play differently so i guess this is fine. Even without Ice Beam, it's(apostrophe) still demolishing teams in rain and since offensive teams are freaking frail,(comma) and this team still beats stall because it hard pressures Ferrothorn when you fully set up on Chansey

Code:
Grammar-Prose [ | | ]
Amateur Checks [None]
Tail Glow + Rain Dance
######

Moves
======
Thi set is designed to annoy sand offense teams and demolish stall teams. Replacing a coverage move with Rain Dance allows Manaphy to 6-0 non-Ferrothorn stall teams. With Manaphy's useful ability Hydration, Rain Dance gives it an immunity to status moves such as Chansey's Toxic, Mew's Will-O-Wisp, and Amoonguss's Spore. Rain Dance also means that Sand teams become much less threatening. In addition to this, it gives Manaphy's Surf the boost it needs to 2HKO Chansey at +6 Special attack,(comma) allowing it to demolish the opponent's stall team, including along with Ferrothorn at +6 with little prior damage and Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field. Psychic covers all other relevant Pokemon such as Rotom-W, the aforementioned Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Alommomola, Breloom, and Specially Defensive Dragonite after Multiscale is broken. However, if the extra power provided by Surf is not needed, Scald remains is the superior option as it can burn threats early game,(comma) which is especially useful against offensive teams which. This means common switch-ins(dash) like Azumarill can no longer threaten it with their powerful moves. Getting a nifty burn also means Ferrothorn is much easier to deal with. In addition to these factors, Rain Dance also means that Sand teams become much less threatening.(moved it to where everything about Rain Dance is being said)

Set Details
======
136 Speed EVs are given to outpaces Pinsir before it mMega eEvolves and speed tiers below it anything slower. However, if outpacing Jolly Excadrill is a priority, you can use 160 Speed EVs. Maximum Special aAttack makes Manaphy as threatening as possible,(comma) with the rest invested in to bulk. Leftovers allows MAanaphy to recover off damage throughout(not through out) the match. A Wacan Berry can be used as well because it lets you beat Thundurus-I which will be offensive teams'(apostrophe) priority check for Manaphy.

Usage Tips
======
When facing stall teams, bringing this Manaphy in on something it naturally forces out, like such as Gliscor or Heatran, is important because it naturally forces it out and your opponent is forced to brings in Chansey, allowing you to get a Tail Glow. As you predict a Toxic from Chansey, Rain Dance should be used to become immune to Toxic and other statuses, and allow you to get another Tail Glow boost, from where you can proceed to 2HKO it with Scald. If Chansey decides to Softboiled stall you, fishing out a burn and critical hits should be able to deal with it. Ferrothorn is a huge threat as well, so weakening it is important.

Team Options
======
Magnezone is Manaphy's partner in crime. It removes Ferrothorn,(comma) and also while the rain Manaphy sets lets it to use perfectly accurate Thunder to deal massive damage to the opposing teams. Tornadus-T is also another note worthy partner because it can now SPAM perfectly accurate Hurricane. Thundurus-I also becomes much more threatening because it can use Thunder like Magnezone,(comma) while also paralyzing threats like Terrakion and Keldeo,(comma) which Manaphy wants to outpace. Mixed Thundurus-I gets a special mention because it can lure in and Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite,(comma) along with Ferrothorn's Leftovers. Bisharp is also a good teammate because it can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios,(comma) which can cause Manaphy some trouble. Bulky Grass-types,(comma) like such as Mega Venusaur are also great team members for Manaphy because they can switch in to Thundurus-I, Raikou, and Mega Manectric with ease. Latias also provides Healing Wish support allowing Manaphy to get a second chance to sweep and appreciates Heatran and Azumarill being removed from the match.

I would mention Celebi somewhere since Manaphy sometimes 3hko the psychically defensive variant after a tail glow and cannot be worn down by scald.

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 135-160 (33.4 - 39.6%) -- 22% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also, for team options, Clefable can switch into lati@s, Kyurem-B, Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manetric while luring in Heatran for Manaphy to use as set up fodder.

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1/2 Vertex :) Please post this in the GP Queue

add remove (comments)

Tail Glow + Rain Dance
######
name: Tail Glow + Rain Dance (two names have to match up)
Moves
======
This set is designed to annoy sand offense teams and demolish stall teams. Replacing a coverage move with Rain Dance allows Manaphy to 6-0 non-Ferrothorn stall teams. With Manaphy's useful ability Hydration, Rain Dance gives it an effective immunity to moves such as Chansey's Toxic, Mew's Will-O-Wisp, and Amoonguss's Spore. (%) In addition to this, it gives +6 Manaphy's Surf the boost it needs to 2HKO Chansey as well as (insert "#HKO" if not 2HKO) a weakened Ferrothorn, (comma) at +6 Special attack allowing it to demolish (replace with another word to avoid repetition of "demolish stall teams") the opponent's stall teams along with Ferrothorn at +6 with little prior damage and Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field. (*) Psychic covers all other relevant Pokemon, (comma) such as specially defensive Dragonite after Multiscale is broken, Rotom-W, the aforementioned Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Alommomola, and Breloom, and Specially Defensive Dragonite after Multiscale is broken. However, if the extra power provided by Surf is not needed, Scald remains is the superior option as it can burn threats early-game. (dash, period) This which is especially useful against offensive teams, as it which means common switch-ins (dash) like such as Azumarill can no longer threaten Manaphy it with their powerful moves. Getting a nifty A burn also means that Ferrothorn is much easier to deal with. (<- move these sentences to before the Psychic sentence, to the *) In addition to these factors, Rain Dance also means that sand teams become much less threatening. (<- move this sentence to before the sentence about Chansey, to the %)

Set Details
======
136 Speed EVs with a Timid nature are given to allow Manaphy to outpaces everything up to Pinsir before it Mega Evolves and speed tiers below it. However, if outpacing Jolly Excadrill is a priority, you can use 160 Speed EVs. Max Special Attack investment makes Manaphy as threatening as possible, and with the rest of the EVs are invested into (remove space) bulk. Leftovers allows Manaphy to recover off damage throughout the match. A Wacan Berry can be used instead as well because it lets you Manaphy beat Thundurus-I, (comma) which will be is offensive teams' (apostrophe) priority check for Manaphy.

Usage Tips
======
When facing stall teams, bringing this in on something like Gliscor or Heatran that it forces out, is important because it naturally forces it out and brings in Chansey allowing you Manaphy to get a Tail Glow on the switch to Chansey. As you predict a Toxic from Chansey, Rain Dance should be used to render Toxic useless be immune to Toxic and allow you Manaphy to get another Tail Glow boost. (period) From here, where you can proceed to 2HKO it Chansey with Scald. If Chansey decides to Soft-Boiled (dash) stall Keldeo you, fishing out a for Scald burns and critical hits should be able to deal with it. Ferrothorn is a huge threat as well, so weakening it is important.

Team Options
======
Magnezone is Manaphy's partner in crime. It (replace with either "Magnezone" or Manaphy" as it's vague) removes Ferrothorn for (the other Pokemon) and also lets it to lets Magnezone use Thunder to deal massive damage to the opposing teams. Tornadus-T is also another noteworthy partner because Manaphy's rain allows Tornadus-T to spam it can now SPAM Hurricane. Thundurus-I also becomes much more threatening because it can use Thunder under Manaphy's rain like Magnezone can, (comma) while also paralyzing threats like such as Terrakion and Keldeo which Manaphy wants to outpace. Mixed Thundurus-I gets a special mention because it can lure in and Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite along with Ferrothorn's Leftovers. Bisharp is also a good teammate because it can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, (comma) which can cause give Manaphy some trouble. Bulky Grass-types like such as Mega Venusaur are also great teammates members for Manaphy because they can switch into (remove space) Thundurus-I, Raikou, and Mega Manectric with ease. Latias also (is not a bulky Grass-type) provides Healing Wish support, (comma) allowing Manaphy to get a second chance to sweep, (comma) and it appreciates Heatran and Azumarill being removed from the match.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amcheck
Tail Glow + Rain Dance
######
name: Tail Glow + Rain Dance

Moves
======
This set is designed to annoy sand offense teams and demolish stall teams. Replacing a coverage move with Rain Dance allows Manaphy to 6-0 non- stall teams without Ferrothorn. With Manaphy's useful ability, Hydration, Rain Dance gives it an effective immunity to moves such as Chansey's Toxic, Mew's Will-O-Wisp, and Amoonguss's Spore in rain. In addition to this, it Rain Dance gives +6 Manaphy's Surf the boost it needs to 2HKO Chansey, (AC) allowing Manaphy to crush the opponent's stall team along with Ferrothorn at +6 with little prior after damage and Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field damage. Psychic covers all other relevant Pokemon such as Rotom-W, the aforementioned Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Alommomola, and Breloom. However Alternatively, if the extra power provided by Surf is not needed, Scald is the superior option as because it can burn threats early-game. This is especially useful against offensive teams which, (AC) as it means that common switch-ins such as Azumarill can no longer threaten it Manaphy with their powerful moves. Getting a nifty burn also means that Ferrothorn is much easier to deal with. Rain Dance also means that sand teams become much less threatening. (you kind of already mention this in the first sentence, plus changing weather will always cause the other team to become less threatening)

Set Details
======
136 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows Manaphy outrun everything up to Pinsir before it Mega Evolves. However, if outpacing Jolly Excadrill is a priority, you can use 160 Speed EVs instead. Max Special Attack investment makes Manaphy as threatening as possible, and while the rest of the EVs are tossed in to bulk. Leftovers allows Manaphy to slowly recover off damage throughout the match. A Wacan Berry can be used instead because it lets you beat Thundurus-I, which will be often be offensive teams' (add apostrophe) priority Manaphy check, for Manaphy.

Usage Tips
======
When facing stall teams, bring this Manaphy in on something Pokemon like Gliscor or Heatran that it naturally forces it out, (AC) and as the obvious switch switch-in to Chansey allows you to set up Tail Glow. As you predict a Toxic from Chansey, Rain Dance should be used in order to be become immune to Chansey's Toxic and allow you to get another Tail Glow boost. From here, you can then 2HKO it Chansey with Scald. If Chansey it decides to Soft-boiled Softboiled stall, fishing using for Scald to fish for burns and critical hits should be able allow you to deal with it. Ferrothorn is a huge threat as well, so removing it is important.

Team Options
======
Magnezone is Manaphy's partner in crime. Magnezone; (add semicolon) it removes Ferrothorn and Manaphy's Rain Dance also lets Magnezone use Thunder to deal massive damage to opposing teams. Tornadus-T is also another noteworthy partner because Manaphy's rain lets it SPAM spam Hurricane. Thundurus-I Thundurus also becomes much more threatening because it can also use Thunder under Manaphy's rain while also paralyzing threats such as Terrakion and Keldeo, (AC) which Manaphy wants to outpace. Mixed Thundurus-I Thundurus gets a special mention because it can lure in and Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite along with and Ferrothorn's Leftovers. Bisharp is also makes for a good teammate because it can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, which can cause Manaphy some trouble. Bulky Grass-types such as Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss are also great teammates for Manaphy because they can switch in to Thundurus-I Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manectric with ease. Latias provides Healing Wish support, allowing Manaphy to get a second chance to sweep, (AC) and it appreciates Heatran and Azumarill being removed from the match.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)