Marowak team that threw me into the Shoddy top 15

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've received a lot of positive comments from some great players about this team, so I'd like to share it.

I've always loved Marowak; I remember back in Pokemon Blue when I had a Marowak that knew Bone Club/Bonemerang/Earthquake/Blizzard. Rubbish moveset, but he was awesome nonetheless. This nostalgia led me to attempt a Marowak team that could perform at the highest level.

I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of this team, and at time of writing, it's sat in 15th place. I'd like to think I'm winning over 85% of my matches with this team. It does have problems with certain Pokemon (namely Hera and Starmie), but that is to be expected of any offensive team.

Without further adieu...

These are the Pokemon that I selected in order to maximise Marowak's potential. Each of them serve an important role in assisting the Bone-Keeper, which I will expand on later.

Mismagius @ Lum Berry
Timid - 160 HP/ 98 SpA/ 252 Speed
- Levitate

- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Will-o-Wisp

I find that selecting a lead is the hardest part of the team-building process. If your lead consistently matches up poorly then you'll be one turn behind at the start of every match. Fortunately, Mismagius matches up well to most leads, and her various status options means she can still be a menace to Pokemon that she can't damage.

Bologo introduced me to the idea of a status Missy and I decided to run with it. As soon as I use Substitute, the opponent expects the Calm Mind variant and dashes off to their physical attacker who is promptly crippled by the relevant status move.

The HP EV's allow her to survive a Modest Gengar Shadow Ball and hit back with Thunder Wave. The Lum Berry grants insurance against sleep leads. It's always great to dodge a Crobat/Gengar Hypnosis and paralyse him in return, then throwing up a Sub as they attempt to sleep you again.

Role in assisting Marowak: Missy provides a very important service by spreading status. There are a lot of Pokemon out there faster than Marowak, but a quick Thunder Wave reminds them why they need to fear him. However, there are several Pokemon who can avoid paralysis and kill Marowak, namely Starmie and Celebi with their Natural Cure and SE STAB attacks. Shadow Ball and 105 base Sp Def allows Mismagius to match up very well with these threats.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy - 252 HP/ 144 Atk/ 94 Def/ 20 SpD
- Levitate

- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

This set was formerly occupied by Forretress using a similar set (Rapid Spin instead of Hypnosis). However, I found that Forry's main purpose in this team was countering Garchomp, so I exchanged him for a more effective model

I like my walls to have a bit power so I've brought the Attack up to 250 to make sure opponent don't view him as a free switch. Explosion provides insurance against sweeps, and is just a generally useful move. It also ensures Magnezone doesn't trap Bronzong and set up on him.

Role in assisting Marowak: Bronzong provides status support in a different manner to Mismagius - the ever valuable sleep. Stealth Rocks are also priceless in assisting a sweeper as I'd hate for Marowak to be stopped cold by a random Focus Sash. It also weakens the flyers who are perpetually switching into him.

Gallade @ Choice Band
Adamant - 64 HP/ 252 Atk/ 194 Speed
- Steadfast

- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- X-Scissor
- Ice Punch

Easily the most effective Choice Bander I've used. This slot has formerly been Hitmonlee and Heracross, but this guy's perfect. Pretty standard, with the exception of X-Scissor over Night Slash. I prefer X-Scissor as it easily KO's Celebi as well as potentially 2HKOing Cresselia and Slowbro, which Night Slash will never do without a crit. The speed allows him to outrun Jolly Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom. He has no fear of the common Gliscor either which is a huge bonus. Unlike Heracross, he doesn't scream "IM A CHOICE BANDER!" which has came to my aid on many occasions.

Role in assisting Marowak: For all Marowak's might there are several Pokemon who are not OHKO'd after a SD and can threaten him. Namely Hippowdon, Tangrowth, Weezing and Skarmory. Gallade does an excellent job of luring out these Pokemon and easily 2HKOing them.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Relaxed - 126 HP/ 252 Def/ 52 SpA/ 80 SpD ( 27 speed IV)
- Water Absorb

- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

No Wish?! Afraid not, but this little gal is still tough. Vaporeon functions as one of the better Gyarados counters and my general bulky water counter. With her excellent HP and resistances, she can often pull of a SubPass to Marowak or Gallade which often results in the opponent losing a Pokemon. The nature and IV mean she will always be slower than Blissey, allowing her to complete the Subpass.

Role in assisting Marowak: Marowak has 262 HP. Vaporeon's Substitutes have 108. Marowak's excellent defence is often undermined by poor HP, but Vaporeon can help to remedy this problem. That Sub can often take a pounding once it gets behind Marowak's 110 base Def, allowing him to Swords Dance behind it or lash out from that massive Attack. She also takes Water and Ice attacks for him, as well as luring in Electric attacks for free switch-ins.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Hasty - 34 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 224 Speed
- Flash Fire

- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power Ice

Heatran is perfect here as he fills two important roles. Not only is he an excellent revenge killer, but also boasts some incredible resistances. Pretty simple Pokemon, but consistently effective. Also lures in Blissey, Snorlax and opposing Heatran wonderfully, allowing me to predict and bounce to Gallade in the same turn.

Role in assisting Marowak: Heatran generally weakens the opponents team prior to Marowak's introduction, but also cleans up when Marowak is finished his rampage. He can take the Grass attacks that threaten both Marowak and Vaporeon.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Jolly - 4HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
- Rock Head

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Double-Edge

The star of the show. When potent threats are paralysed or dead, Vaporeon attempts the Subpass to this guy, who Swords Dances behind it and promptly OHKO's damn near everything. Jolly nature was essential as it allows him to outrun Suicune and Cresselia. I originally used Stone Edge over Double-Edge and whilst I appreciated the OHKO's on Togekiss and Zapdos, Double-Edge is more reliable and allows him to defeat Cresselia and Gliscor without the worry of 80% acc/Roost screwing him over.

-_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_--_-

So there it is. Originally intended as just a fun team, it has brought me a lot of success.

As mentioned it struggles with Heracross, who forces me to guess between Close Combat (Mismagius) and Megahorn (Heatran). If I guess wrong, it hurts. Fortunately the team doesn't give him too many free switches. Starmie can consistently hurt me if it knows when to switch out.

Toxic Spikes are a pain, but while the opponent is setting them up, I'm usually setting Marowak up. Spikes are never fun, but Skarmory can only safely come in on Bronzong (after something is alseep) as the rest threaten him too much.

Thanks for reading. I'm not looking to make any major changes, but if there's any reccomendations I'd love to hear them. :heart:

Looks like an extremely solid team. I've always loved your play style Lee, this team beats all the fucking OU ones hands down.

I think I played this team last night...it was a very good battle.

BPing a sub to marowak worked very well...I thought I had the match won up until that point.

Overall, a very solid team, and it looks like it would be fun to use.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2 Thumbs up on this team. It was annoying the hell of out the team I was building to take on Jabba in St4 round 3.

Only comment is that CB Medicham really does do the CB job better, unless the Psychics that you mentioned, Celebi, Cresselia and Slowbro are that much of a pain to you and you enjoy taking advantage of Gallade's nice special defense. The other reason is what I mention next, as Medicham cannot provide as nice a check as Gallade.

Another comment is that Dugtrio can really ruin your day should it find itself against Heatran. I've found that along with Stealth Rock, arguably the most popular fad on Shoddy today, SD Luke, is benefited most by Choice Scarf Dugtrio. Your ScarfHeatran is a very good check against SD Luke, but I'd be comfortable by having one more.

See, I ran a few calcs, and it seems to me that your Gallade actually never 2HKO's Cresselia with X-Scissor if it is the 252 HP 252 Def Bold variants, which I think are the most common. In fact, it rarely 2HKO's most of the Mixed Variants. As for Slowbro, all the variants are 252 HP 252 Def Bold, and these aren't even 2HKO'd on average. That's why I propose having Gallade as your last resort, "check" against SD Luke.

If you switch those Evs to 60 HP / 72 Atk / 184 Def / 192 Spe, still Adamant, you'll get 292 HP / 501 Atk / 212 Def / 244 Spe, enough to always survive a Max attack, adamant Life Orb Swords Dance Extremespeed from Lucario.

It isn't just a check there though, as it also helps you survive an Adamant ScarfChomp's Outrage every time, a Life Orb max attack adamant Meter Mash from Metagross on average, a Life Orb max attack Flare Blitz from Infernape every time, a Scarfcross's max attack adamant Megahorn every time...all of which wouldn't be possible with the normal set of EVs. These are all Pokemon, in addition to the game-breaking presence of SD Luke, that all merit having second "checks" against.

As for the power drop, you go from 574 Atk to 501, which is a 14.6% drop in power. Like I said, most of the things you were 3HKO'ing you still will, but you tell me if that 14.6% drop is too significant.

Lee

@ Thick Club
@ Melon and J-Squared, thank you. :heart:

@ Aldaron. Thanks for such a thorough, helpful reply. However, I'm a bit concerned about losing so much Attack so that I can survive Lucario's Extremespeed on the condition that I'm at 100 percent health, which is even more worrisome considering most players hold their Lucarios till late game. There's also the fact that if the opponent uses CC, I'll die regardless. I ran a few calcs to see how much the Attack drop would hurt.

252 Atk CB CC vs 252/252 +nature Hippo = 48.33% - 56.90%. So that's a very likely 2HKO. In all honesty, I'm yet to see a Hippowdon survive.

72 Atk CB CC vs 252/252 +nature Hippo = 42.38% - 49.76%. That's a bit of a bitch because Hippowdon will happily Slack off till I run out of PP, or until he is in a position to OHKO.

Another common switch in is Skarmory. He is potentially 2HKO'd but it's no longer guaranteed. Tangrowth dodges the 2HKO. Gliscor takes 81.07% - 95.48% rather than 92.66% - 109.04%. Garchomp is potentially OHKO'd by CC, but I'd lose that bonus too amongst others.

They're just a few of the reasons why I'm opposed to shifting those EV's, and I just don't recognise Lucario as enough of a threat to merit it. I am somewhat tempted by the ability to survive a Garchomp Outrage though, as there has been a few situations where I would have liked that!

Remember that I also have Mismagius as a check. She can switch in on most of his attacks and hit him with a relevant status making him easier to revenge kill for Marowak, Gallade or Vaporeon.

See, I ran a few calcs, and it seems to me that your Gallade actually never 2HKO's Cresselia with X-Scissor if it is the 252 HP 252 Def Bold variants, which I think are the most common. In fact, it rarely 2HKO's most of the Mixed Variants. As for Slowbro, all the variants are 252 HP 252 Def Bold, and these aren't even 2HKO'd on average.
252/252 + Slowbro takes 48.48% - 57.11%, which is almost guaranteed to 2HKO with Sand or Rocks. The Cresselia set listed in the analysis (20/252) takes 51.04% - 60.10%, but I appreciate that the 252/252 variants are a lot more common. They only take 40.54% - 47.75%.

Only comment is that CB Medicham really does do the CB job better, unless the Psychics that you mentioned, Celebi, Cresselia and Slowbro are that much of a pain to you and you enjoy taking advantage of Gallade's nice special defense.
I've heard that mentioned before (chrisisme most likely), and I see that it's a valid point after running some calculations. I originally thought that the superior BP of Close Combat would allow Gallade to outdamage HJK but I see that is not the case. Hi-Jump Kick seems to do slightly more damage, but it is at the cost of reliability. It's something I'll consider, but I do appreciate the value of Gallade's Sp Def as well as his ability to hurt Psychics. He's also less predictable. Medicham is almost always an out-and-out attacker, but Gallade has a variety of sets and I find most opponents prepare themselves for Hypnosis, often giving me an advantage.

Thanks again, you've given me something to think over.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great team; and an excellent use of Marowak. I've been trying to use him well since ADV with little success.

The only suggestion I have is to increase Heatran's Speed EV's to 252.

While I understand that you only want it fast enough to outrun scarfcross, I can see this team having a huge problem with opposing Heatrans who switch into yours. Vaporeon is 2HKO'd by flash fire'd Fire Blast from LO Heatran over half the time, and obviously no other poke can switch in; the fact that it can't wish only makes this worse. Mismagius can Cripple Heatran, but will have to sacrifice itself or take a huge chunk of damage to do so, and it can't switch in at all (Rest/Talk LO Heatran will also still be safe).

My point is that I can see this team having problems with Heatran, especially if it switches in on your heatran's fire blast or if your Heatran is taken out (which can happen easily if your opponent predicts the switch; also a lot of people like me will use earth power for the first attack with Heatran no matter which poke is opposing in expectation of a switch).

moving those EV's to speed won't completely solve this, but it will allow you to at least tie with every other heatran, because you do not want your only fire resist to get KO'd. You lose ~3% damage from explosion on Blissey, which isn't that significant.

Gotta go!

Good Luck, Lee! --TAY

Oh, so that's what the +Speed nature and speed EVs on Marowak are for. I never really understood why you'd give such a slow-ass pokemon with such high defense so much speed instead of boosting its HP...

Anyway, I digress. I'm probably gonna have to go over this a couple of more times to actually be able to say anything constructive, although I'm not entirely sure if Gallade should be your sole poke (or at least, so it seems) for taking care of Weezing, Tangrowth, Slowbro, and Cressilia, since it seems like they could hit you with either burn (Weezing), sleep (Tangrowth), or paralysis (Tangrowth, Slowbro, and Cressilia) should you try to switch in, and it seems you can't OHKO them, anyway, and it would completely suck if your Gallade got crippled. Of course, I've never seen you play this team, so I'm not entirely sure how you handle it.

I'm not sure if it'll work, but have you considered putting either Heal Bell or Aromatherapy support on the team, so you could get a second chance if you screw up prediction and something like, say, Marowak or Gallade gets burned? I dunno.

Pretty solid team in my opinion, though.

Lee

@ Thick Club
TAY, it's odd that you propose that as I've been considering upping Heatran's speed for some time now. Enemy Heatran can wear me down quickly, but my main reasoning for shifting the EV's is DD Dragonite. The standard set runs 270 speed, just like my Heatran and after he DD's, it'll be a pretty deadly speed tie.

The other reason is Smeargle, who sits at 273 with the potential for a Salac boost. I lack a phazer, so if Heatran switches in as Smeargle subs, he can break the sub as Smeargle Belly Drums. The Salac will activate, but Heatran will still have the speed advantage and can stop the fatal Baton Pass.

Consider it done.

Oh, so that's what the +Speed nature and speed EVs on Marowak are for. I never really understood why you'd give such a slow-ass pokemon with such high defense so much speed instead of boosting its HP...
StarmanXL, the speed EV's on Marowak grant so much more than an advantage against Cresselia and Suicune. Remember that Marowak has 126 speed if I neglect to add EV's/nature. At max speed, he reaches 208. Here's a list of several key Pokemon that this allows him to outspeed.

- Tangrowth
- Regirock, Regice, Registeel
- Blissey
- Machamp
- Swampert
- Magnezone
- Tyraniboah
- Vaporeon
- Scizor
- Skarmory
- Metagross
- Claydol
- Milotic
- Suicune
- Cresselia

Note that after a Swords Dance, the vast majority of those Pokemon are OHKO'd. However, if Marowak is slower, several of them can OHKO him regardless of Max HP.

Anyway, I digress. I'm probably gonna have to go over this a couple of more times to actually be able to say anything constructive, although I'm not entirely sure if Gallade should be your sole poke (or at least, so it seems) for taking care of Weezing, Tangrowth, Slowbro, and Cressilia, since it seems like they could hit you with either burn (Weezing), sleep (Tangrowth), or paralysis (Tangrowth, Slowbro, and Cressilia) should you try to switch in, and it seems you can't OHKO them, anyway, and it would completely suck if your Gallade got crippled. Of course, I've never seen you play this team, so I'm not entirely sure how you handle it.
Usually Gallade will be switching into Blissey/weak special attacks and then hitting the physical wall on the switch. I would never willingly allow Gallade to face those physical walls one-on-one, unless they were in KO range. Usually they won't have a chance to strike back with status.

I think that you really could use another Thunder Wave user. Mismagius alone just isn't enough, in my opinion, considering Marowak maxes at a rather low 208.

Also, X-Scissor's slight BP increase over Night Slash isn't really worth giving up Night Slash. Night Slash also hits Dusknoir, which I feel is common enough to be afraid of. Slowbro isn't doing anything to Gallade anytime soon, and Night Slash has a good probability of critting once it starts Slack Off stalling.

awesome team. apart from the ones you mentioned, seems a bit weak to np gk hp ice cc nape though (although almost every team is ._.)

is cele really that scary with heatran? Im considering using x scissor but i use lifeorb heatran so cele isnt a problem as of yet.

rip subcm missy :')

if oyu wanna sread para around a touch more, you could always use sr uturn body slam/twave wish jirachi. it would help supprt heatran and gallade too, although you'd lose sleep!

Watch out for Gengar... he covers a good portion of your team.

Gengar vs. Mesmagius = Gengar

Gengar vs. Bronzong = Depends who hits with hypnosis

Gengar vs. Gallade = Gengar (with item)

Gengar vs. Vaporeon= You would probably want to switch because of T-bolt.

Gengar vs Heatran= Depends but most likely Heatran

Gengar vs. Marowak= Depends what Gengar packs.

Lee

@ Thick Club
I think that you really could use another Thunder Wave user. Mismagius alone just isn't enough, in my opinion, considering Marowak maxes at a rather low 208.
I thought about that, and if Bronzong could use Thunder Wave I'd use it in an instant. I tend to find that oppurtunites still open up though. Look at the standard team, and imagine that one of those is paralysed and another is asleep. That's usually enough for Marowak to cause some damage, especially if he's behind a Sub.

Also, X-Scissor's slight BP increase over Night Slash isn't really worth giving up Night Slash. Night Slash also hits Dusknoir, which I feel is common enough to be afraid of.
Choice Band Gallade Psycho Cut vs 252/76 Dusknoir:44-51%
Choice Band Gallade Night Slash vs 252/76 Dusknoir: 58-68%

Please remember Night Slash is solely for Dusknoir. Gengar/Froslass/Rotom are OHKO'd by Psycho Cut. Spiritomb takes more from X-Scissor. I'm not convinced that it is worth losing the additional power and coverage from X-Scissor just so that I 2HKO Dusknoir instead of 3HKO. He's not a major threat anyway - Heatran is one of his best counters.

seems a bit weak to np gk hp ice cc nape though
I must admit I've never saw an Infernape without a Fire attack. Mismagius would counter that set easily, as she takes 40BP from Grass Knot. She can paralyse, and 2HKO with Shadow Ball. Vaporeon also fares well against Grass Knot, taking 120BP and OHKOing in return. Gallade has 115 Sp Def, resists CC and OHKO's with Psycho Cut/CC. Worst case scenario is Heatran revenge kills it.

if oyu wanna sread para around a touch more, you could always use sr uturn body slam/twave wish jirachi.
Considered it, but Bronzong is used mainly for countering Garchomp. Jirachi can't do this. :(

@CCMaster. Gengar seems to be a menace to every team, especially one without Blissey. This one matches up fairly well though. Gengar will lose to Mismagius, Gallade, Heatran and Bronzong one-on-one. If he sleeps a Pokemon, then I'll switch Heatran into the Shadow Ball and scare him away/OHKO with Fire Blast. I guess Hypnosis/Sub/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast or Punch would cause a problem, but Focus Blast/Punch won't OHKO Heatran. Also, that set couldn't hit Vaporeon hard enough.

Cool team, but may I suggest an agility passing Zapdos over Mismagius or Bronzong, it helps pass much needed speed to the Marowak, and is pretty bulky...

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Nice team lee.

i do have a few comments though, CB medicham generally does that job better, with the exception of no move to touch cresselia, x-scissor fails to 2 hit ko the mix version who then throws a reflect up or thunderwaves you.

As stated you have a slight 'gar weak, but maybe not heatran can kill it.

It escapes why you refrain from using rock slide, not too sure what double edge hits. But whatever.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Double-Edge hits harder on Gliscor and Weezing, two things that could be a threat to Marowak if he's not careful.

Well I'll admit, this team is pretty good. Props to using Choice Band Gallade though as well as Marowak. As far as suggestions go, you may want to think on a Poison-type (Roserade comes to mind) to not... essentially screw over your Marowak, but then it might come to a problem of facing some other Pokemon. I dunno. The only suggestion is, is I wish I could build teams as solid as this. I've had the cases of Team Building block over and over and yielding little results. I'f also think about Bonemarang on Marowak, as it's kind of useful if that dastardly Tyraniboah is under a Substitute.

But yeah, especially with Mismagius spreading WoW, I see how Guts Heracross can pose as a problem. Ever thought of Jirachi to maybe patch that? Wish support also helps too, and the fact that Thunder can give some nice paralysis.

I've been running a Marowak team for awhile now, and the only thing I can see is that it's rather slow. Mine runs around Trick Room, and once it comes in the opposition is gone. I must say, this is extremely nice, but am I right in saying your losses come mostly from Marowak being outsped and killed? Its mediocre 45 Base speed stat is coupled well with Trick Room.

Other than that, no glaring problems other than the ones you have already stated yourself, so keep it up. ;)

~M51

Oh damn i really remerber that team beating me always x(. c. Stevee from shoddy. A solid team, surely. Only thing that i will suggest is Dragon Pulse on Heatran, but if Hidden Power works enough well no problem.

Lee said:
Unlike Heracross, he doesn't scream "IM A CHOICE BANDER!" which has came to my aid on many occasions.
I would have to say that the situation depends. A Choice Band Gallade isn't exactly uncommon, and if you've revealed the properties of your Mismagius (which won't be uncommon; seeing as it is your lead), I doubt your opponent would suspect a Double Status Gallade variant. However, I do agree that it does get the opponent thinking in terms of variants, unlike Heracross.

On Heatran, I doubt 8 Atk points will be more crucial than 8 Spe points. I would suggest dumping Heatran's Atk EVs into Spe ASAP.

Other than that, this team looks great. Very nicely thought out. Good job.

Lee

@ Thick Club
Firstly, I'm quite honored because I saw somebody using a copy of this team on Shoddy. I feel like a mini-Obi.

Cool team, but may I suggest an agility passing Zapdos over Mismagius or Bronzong, it helps pass much needed speed to the Marowak, and is pretty bulky...
I did go down that route originally, but found it was much more of an "all-or-nothing" thing. I also used a slow-Agili-passer to save Marowak's blushes. If I was to use Zapdos, it would most likely go like this:

Zapdos used Agility
Blissey used Ice Beam
-
Zapdos used Baton Pass
Lee switched in Marowak
Blissey used Ice Beam
Marowak lost 60% of it's health.

Basically, Marowak would be coming into a solid hit everytime. It may not kill him, but it will leave him in a situation where he can't Swords Dance. So instead, I tested with a Relaxed 0 IV Scizor w/ Macho Brace. Even after Agility, his speed was like 130, so he absorbed the hit that turn, then Baton Passed to Marowak who got in untouched. Was much more effective than Zapdos, I found. And I already have a legendary on my team...I'm wierd like that.

Oh damn i really remerber that team beating me always x(. c. Stevee from shoddy. A solid team, surely. Only thing that i will suggest is Dragon Pulse on Heatran, but if Hidden Power works enough well no problem.
Hehe yeah, Infernape lead right? We've had some good games. Hidden Power Ice does more damage than Dragon Pulse on everything that I'd be using it on (Garchomp, Salamence, Dragonite, Gliscor). I'd only use Dragon Pulse if the HP slot was already occupied by HP Electric/Grass.

As far as suggestions go, you may want to think on a Poison-type (Roserade comes to mind)
Yeah, Toxic Spikes annoy the crap out of me. I considered Double-Status Roserade over Mismagius, but in the end it came down to Missy's superior resistances.

It escapes why you refrain from using rock slide,
Regarding this, and the Bonemerang suggestion; If you were firing a nuclear warhead you'd want the accuracy to be 100%, right? When I used Stone Edge, the accuracy did let me down occassionally and it really pisses you off when an attack from 1036 power goes wide of the mark.

I must say, this is extremely nice, but am I right in saying your losses come mostly from Marowak being outsped and killed?
Well, I do feel like a bit of a one-legged man when I lose Marowak early, but there's still a lot of power left in the team. Also, I'd never leave him in if I knew he'd be outsped and killed. There's been a few close shaves against Suicunes that pack speed EVs though...fortunately, Marowak can survive a Surf.

@ Dark Void, done. :)

I like the pictures a lot.

Also wouldn't Substitute, random Spikes, Sandstorm kill Vaporeon to the point where it would be in fact a bad Gyarados counter?

Also I only said the above cause I wanted to input but I only really care about the pictures.

I like the pictures.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Regarding this, and the Bonemerang suggestion; If you were firing a nuclear warhead you'd want the accuracy to be 100%, right? When I used Stone Edge, the accuracy did let me down occassionally and it really pisses you off when an attack from 1036 power goes wide of the mark.
Er, I don't think 90% is horrible, to me anyways. I only suggested it because since you do outspeed Boah, you could take advantage of Bonemarang and break the Substitute AND kill him before Ice Beam gets ahold of you. But hey, that's fine, I see why you want it. I definately didn't like how Gliscors could spam Roost and your Stone Edges become useless.

You have definately made me consider twice about Marowak, of course this reminds me somewhat of my old Rhyperior team, except mine wasn't as... well built, perhaps, as this one. Though I agree, Double-Edge is a nice way to abuse that high attack with Marowak.

I lost to this team today. Even though today was like my first day back to shoddy in a month. The Mismagius suprised me a lot. Seems like a really solid team.

I lost to this team today. Even though today was like my first day back to shoddy in a month. The Mismagius suprised me a lot. Seems like a really solid team.
yeah same here. sub, double status and shadow ball. damn that thing was hard to catch. didn't need to do any damage itself really when it can paralyze the whole team. i might just steal this one :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)