[MATCH OVER] 1v1 at the Junkyard! Lord Jesseus vs dragonboy52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1v1 singles
No recovery/5 chills
2 day DQ
Arena: A filthy junkyard. Litter, old busted appliances and other various wastes cover the ground, providing potential cover but also dangerous hazards.
I'll battle
Switch: KO
No items
All abilities
Okay, I'll send out both mons. dragonboy52 orders then Lord Jesseus orders.

Gible(*) (Male)

Nature: Adamant

Type:

Dragon/Ground

Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:

Sand Veil: This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Rough Skin: When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent. (DW)

Stats:

Gible
HP: 100
Atk: ****(+)
Def: **
SpA: *(-)
SpD: *
Spe: 42

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)
Outrage(*)
Scary Face(*)
Iron Head(*)
Earthquake(*)
Roar(*)
Dig(*)

EC:0/6
MC:0
DC:0/5

Rotom [Gamma]
Nature: Timid (+Spe and +5% accuracy, -Atk)

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: *(-1)
Def: ***
SpA: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 105(+15%)

MC: 0

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Trick(*)
Astonish(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Thundershock(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Uproar(*)
Double Team(*)
Shock Wave(*)

Toxic(*)
Will-o-Wisp(*)
Protect(*)

GO GIBLE AND GAMMA! KILL YOURSELVES!

Okay, gl hf!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Poor Rotom WoW got gimped right when SotG got posted. =/ Well, at least it's still burn. And we get to test how much of an impact 2nd degree burn makes! (Gotta say, I'm curious!)

Gible (M)
HP: 100
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Sandstorm - Dig - Dragon Rage

Gamma
Energy: 100

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Actions: Will-O-Wisp - Protect - Toxic

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 1: Let's get Junking!

Cool a junkyard! There's a TV, a washing machine, a gameboy, there's even a heater in there! No freezers though, darn. I could've used one. I might have to...

Cool a battle! Let's get watching!

So there's this Gamma here who's floating about and a nameless Gible hopping about. Gamma immediately takes notice of the invader and sends out a flurry of flames - I think it's called Will-O-Wisp - on the ground dragon, who receives a 2nd degree burn on his head! Holy crap he's like a freaking flaming torch now! Gible attempts to calm down the flames by summoning a Sandstorm into the open arena. Dust now clouds up and many appliances are being filled with sand! It seems like Gible's Sand Veil ability is also in effect! Ah, but this did nothing to help calm the hellish flames!

Flaming with madness, Gible decides to burrow into the junkyard with Dig, despite the incredible, foul mess of crap intoxicating the ground. Gamma... doesn't seem to have taken note of the action, but it's not like it was ordered to do anything offensively! By then, Gible unburrows and attempts to strike Gamma on its crotch (I know it has one), but, with awesome reflexes, it Protects and avoids any damage done from the move!

Ah, the party's just getting started! Gamma barfs out a toxic cloud of... Toxic that immediately consumes Gible into a terrible mess, despite the cloaking Sand Veil! Not doing so good, aren't you little dragon? Oops, I think I insulted him! Look, he's going into a Dragon Rage! And this one... is aimed straight on Gamma for some consistent damage. The junkyard rages even more from the residual blast of the rage - once crap wreckage has become purple!

Gible (M)
HP: 93
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
2nd degree Burn (-3 damage for physical attacks, 2 DPA), Toxic (1 DPA, +1 each round)

Gamma
HP: 74
Energy: 74

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Gible
A1: Sandstorm > [9 Energy]
2 damage from burn
A2: Dig > 8 + 3 + (4-3 x 1.5) x 1.5 = 19 - 3 = [16 Damage] [5 Energy] (cokbloked)
2 damage from burn
A3: Dragon Rage > [10 Damage] [6 Energy]
2 damage from burn
1 damage from toxic

Gamma
A1: Will-O-Wisp > [7 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm
A2: Protect > [12 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm
A3: Toxic > [7 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm

Sandstorm rages for 4 more rounds!

Lord Jesseus's orders!

Ok Rotom, I want you to Protect yourself as you jump into an appliance - a Fridge in fact, combining the two into a single evasive move. Then, fire off a newly learned Blizzard and prey for a hit. End by protecting yourself again.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Oof, I literally had no idea what to do. I guess I'll just make both events happen, even though I believe both events should not have happened (I labeled what items were available at the first update - I just thought going Ice was just too much of an advantage, and going Water would've been fair).

There's also several other things I'm unclear of. Just Dig to eliminate the burn or attack while doing that? I'm personally just making Dig eliminate the burn since that's like using Refresh.

Specify how many clones of Double Team you want too. I'm using 1.

Gible (M)
HP: 93
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
2nd degree Burn (-3 damage for physical attacks, 2 DPA), Toxic (2 DPA, +1 each round)
Actions: Double Team (1 clone) - Dig (eliminate burn) - Double Team (1 clone)

Gamma
HP: 74
Energy: 74

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Actions: Protect - Blizzard - Protect

Round 2: Frozen Sandyard

Playing the defensive game, Gamma immediately sets up a wall of Protect that protects itself from incoming attacks while slightly moving backward... to a... wtf, where did that fridge come from? Looks like Gamma has... just frostified itself into Rotom-F! Uh-oh, big disadvantage for poor Gible here! He seems determined to avoid future attacks by conjuring a clone from Double Team. Is that enough though?

Stepping up its advantage, Gamma calls down the winter storms of the sky and throws a hurling Blizzard into the arena! This crashes onto the many appliances here and freezes them over! Gamma's clone also got caught in the frozen winds and evaporated into thin dust! However, it seems like the lucky Gible successfully AVOIDED the Blizzard! Total luck you know! Oh wait, it's because he Digged into the toxic grounds! He's already toxicated so I don't see a problem... oh wait two, he's unburrowing and it seems like his burn is gone! What did he do down there? O_O

This seems to be a storm calming down. Gamma instantly uses Protect to stall for some Toxic damage on Gible. Gible of course knows he cannot attack and thus goes from place to place to create a illusionary clone of Double Team! Will that be able to help him in the future though?

Gible (M)
HP: 85
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Toxic (2 DPA, +1 each round), Double Team (1 clone)

Gamma
HP: 68
Energy: 53

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Atk: **(-)
Def: ****
SpA: ****
SpD: ****
Spe: 99(+)

Gible
A1: Double Team > [4 Energy]
2 damage from burn
2 damage from toxic
A2: Dig > [5 Energy]
2 damage from toxic
A3: Double Team > [4 Energy]
2 damage from toxic

Gamma
A1: Protect > [7 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm
A2: Blizzard > 12 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) x 2.25 = [44 Damage] [7 Energy] (miss)
2 damage from sandstorm
A3: Protect > [7 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm

Sandstorm rages for 3 more rounds!

dragonboy's orders!

Start with Will-o-Wisp to immediately lessen the blow. Then, wait for him to get right near you with his second outrage and unleash a Blizzard at point blank. His recklessness shall be rewarded.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Gible (M)
HP: 85
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Toxic (3 DPA, +1 each round), Double Team (1 clone)
Actions: outRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Gamma
HP: 68
Energy: 53

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Actions: Will-O-Wisp - wait n' Blizz!

Round 3: Outrageous!

Seeing how Gible's burn was eradicated, Gamma aims another searing Will-O-Wisp right over toward the poor Dragon, who immediately becomes crippled with a second degree burn! Oh wait, that was the clone! Looks like the clone poofed instead! This, for some reason, triggers an anger point in the real Gible's spine and makes him OUTRAGE! Gamma becomes a victim of the outrage, but... it survives the hit with ease.

This time around, Gamma... waits for Gible to close in... but isn't he already right in front of its face due to the earlier Outrage? Gible doesn't really care, he just Outrages MORE! Gamma taking damage!

And I think Gamma's had enough! It emits an icicle glow and summons a monstrous Blizzard from the north that storms the arena and crashes onto the many appliances in the area. However, the sandstorm negates some of the blizzard to the point that the blizzard... missed Gible's and Gamma's area! Jeez, looks like even a Blizzard can miss upfront! It sucks that it has to be called from nature and not from the owner! Gible continues his dangerous Outrage and slams himself onto the icicle ghost for some good damage. At the end, it looks like Gible is tired of his outrage and becomes severely confused!

Gible (M)
HP: 76
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Toxic (3 DPA, +1 each round), Confused (3 more actions)

Gamma
HP: 17
Energy: 38

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Gible
A1: Outrage > 12 + 3 + (4-4 x 1.5) = [15 Damage] [7 Energy]
3 damage from toxic
A2: Outrage > 12 + 3 + (4-4 x 1.5) = [15 Damage] [11 Energy]
3 damage from toxic
A3: Outrage > 12 + 3 + (4-4 x 1.5) = [15 Damage] [15 Energy]
3 damage from toxic

Gamma
A1: Will-O-Wisp > [7 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm
A2: Wait > [1 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm
A3: Blizzard > 12 + 3 + (4-1 x 1.5) x 2.25 = [44 Damage] [7 Energy] (miss)
2 damage from sandstorm

i kinda like to know what the hell just happened myself! blizzard rolled a pretty high number, and with its 75% (with timid) accuracy and sand veil, it was pretty much going to miss. sorry! and especially for the will-o-wisp, hitting the clone and having 80% accuracy and all. =/

Sandstorm rages for 2 more rounds!

Lord Jesseus's orders!

Fuck.
Alright, we're done for Gamma. Jump into a Washing Machine; we want to keep this form after the battle. Fire off a Will-o-Wisp for kicks, and if you're still kicking you might as well Hydro Pump him.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Gible (M)
HP: 76
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Toxic (4 DPA, +1 each round), Confused (3 more actions)
Actions: OUTRAAAAAAAAAAGE

Gamma
HP: 17
Energy: 38

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Actions: Jump into Washing Machine - WoW - H-PUMP

Round 4: Sucks to be a Junk

ASJDASFAKSkFA

So Gible, despite his crazy confusion, becomes even MORE OUTRAGEOUS and thrashes Gamma into a Washing Machine, changing its form from Ice to Water! Looks like Gamma didn't have to jump itself! After settling into the washing machine, the last bits of sandstorm blast into Gamma's system and ultimately takes its toll into a dusty faint...

And then Gible gets even more mad and attempts to OUTRAGE even more! But but but, he trips over some garbage in confusion! Banged his head and all, yeah. Gamma sees this as an opening to fire off some bluish Will-O-Wisp flames that deeply burn his head off! Oh, it's still on, it's just BUUUUURNING!

Now equipped with some water power, Gamma turns on the washing machine power ON and loads a soaking Hydro Pump straight at Gible's face! It hits directly, but after that, you know, Gible is even MADDER! He tramples over all the crap and shit and OUTRAGES EVERYTHING! Mostly Gamma though, but some trash and appliances got destroyed in the process! In Gible's rage, looks like we got one casualty! And wasn't this suppose to be Gamma's arena?

Gible (M)
HP: 72
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Toxic (4 DPA, +1 each round)

Gamma
HP: blasted by sandstorm
Energy: 0

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Gible
A1: Outrage > 12 + 3 + (4-4 x 1.5) = [15 Damage] [7 Energy]
4 damage from toxic
A2: Outrage > 12 + 3 + (4-4 x 1.5) = [15 Damage] [11 Energy] (nope)
4 damage from toxic
2 damage from burn
Confusion > 4 + (4-2 x 1.5) = [7 Damage]
A3: Outrage > 12 + 3 + (4-4 x 1.5) = 15 - 3 = [12 Damage] [15 Energy]
4 damage from toxic
2 damage from burn

Gamma
A1: become Rotom-W > [1 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm
A2: Will-O-Wisp > [7 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm
A3: Hydro Pump > 12 + 3 + (4-2 x 1.5) = [18 Damage] [7 Energy]
2 damage from sandstorm

That's why I hate facing Garchomp on the ladder. A_A

Prizes!
Winner: dragonboy52
KO Counter: Gible
1 EC, MC, and DC: Gible and Gamma
2 Trainer Counters: Lord Jesseus and dragonboy52
1 Ref Token: Flora

Thanks for playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)