Matezoid and Sound--A newbie battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Singles 2 vs 2,LC.
2 days DQ.
A simple field with several rocks and a lake at the center.
No items.
All abilites.
2 Chills,1 recovering move.
1 sub.

Sound said:
Hello, Orcinus. I accepted Matezoide's battle, which you volunteered to ref. So, here are the pokemon I intend to use for the battle:

Nincada(*) [PeaceMaker] (F)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Attack, -1 Special Attack)
Type: Bug/Ground
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Run Away (DW-Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3(+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40
SC: 1
WC: 1

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Scratch(*)
Harden(*)
Leech Life(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Mind Reader(*)
False Swipe(*)

Night Slash(*)
Final Gambit(*)
Bug Bite(*)

Aerial Ace(*)
Dig(*)
Sandstorm(*)

Remoraid (*) [Sniper] (M)
Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can Be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, increasing its critical hit bonus from +3 to +5 on single attacks, +2 to +3 on two-hit attacks, and +1 to +2 on multi-hit attacks.
Moody (DW-Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon's traits are always fluctuating from one strength to another. At the end of each round, one of the Pokemon's stats (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, Accuracy, Evasion) will be boosted by two (2) stages and another will be reduced by one (1) stage. This stat change lasts until the end of that round, where Moody is re-applied, overwriting the boosted and dropped stats. This stat boost/drop occurs outside the normal boosts/drops.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 56 (-)
SC: 1
WC: 2

Attacks:

Water Gun(*)
Lock-On(*)
Psybeam(*)
Aurora Beam(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Focus Energy(*)

Rock Blast(*)
Supersonic(*)
Mud Shot(*)

Flamethrower(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Scald(*)
Matezoide said:
My team for the battle are going to be,naturaly,the only 2 pokemon that i got :P

<Mankey> [Steve] (Male)
Nature: Jolly (+16% accuracy)
Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Vital Spirit : (Innate)

This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Vital Spirit also has Insomnia, its evasion is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

Anger Point: (Innate)
When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0).

Defiant (DW LOCKED): (Innate)
The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 81 (+)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:
Covet
Scratch
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Fury Swipes
Karate Chop
Seismic Toss
Screech
Assurance

Close Combat
Reversal
Encore

Dig
Acrobatics
Rock Slide

<Corphish> [Rob] (Male)
Nature: Adamant
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Hyper Cutter: (Innate)
This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.

Shell Armor: (Innate)
This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Adaptability: (DW LOCKED,Innate)

The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two (2).

Stats
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:
Bubble(*)
Harden(*)
Vice-Grip(*)
Leer(*)
BubbleBeam(*)
Protect(*)
Knock Off(*)

Dragon Dance (*)
Mudsport(*)
Trump Card(*)

Waterfall(*)
Brick-Break(*)
Double-Team(*)

I am prety new here,so out of curiosity,do you do flavor? I love flavor :heart:

Do I do flavor? Yes I love flavor.

Flavor comes starting r1. Erm, Sound sends out first.

Nincada(*) PeaceMaker (F)
Nature: Adamant

That's how they say to do it in the Battle Tower. Anyway, I wish you good luck, Matezoide.

Geez,why everyone gets my name wrong? It has an E at the end :P

Oh well,i wish you best of luck as well,Sound.

``Ok,Steve,this is our first real match,lets do our best! Use your superior speed to hit hard and quickly.``

Screech -> Acrobatics -> Rock Slide.

IF PeaceMaker uses Sand-Attack or Harden at any point,Encore and push actions back.
IF it uses Dig,stay on top of the biggest boulder to Evade and use Rock-Slide as soon as it isnt under-ground.

I hope i am doing this right :P

Hm... Screech? Interesting choice. Luckily, I have a coverage move for you, and I may as well get some residual damage started as well.

Sandstorm - Aerial Ace - Leech Life

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.

PeaceMaker (M)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 40
Ranks: 3/3/1/2
Size: 1 | Weight: 1
Abilities: CompoundEyes
Other:

Steve (M)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 81
Ranks: 3/2/1/2
Size: 1 | Weight: 3
Abilities: Vital Spirit, Anger Point
Other: +16% Accuracy

Welcome to the battle of the newcomers! Today, we have Matezoide versus Sound in a 2v2 LC singles, as both battlers try to get a grasp on complicated battling strategies and mechanics! I will be the arbiter, ref, and adviser for today, providing narration and critique. And without further ado, let’s get started!

We start off with setup by both sides. Steve chooses to unleash an ear piercing screech, a move that probably wasn’t too wise. Stat boosters and dropped are incredibly underpowered in ASB—but it’s still the battlers first battle so let’s have them figure that out by themselves! Peacemaker on the other hand, chooses to summon a sandstorm. Wise move—that passive damage is really going to hurt!

Next, Steve chooses his super effective acrobatics as his attack of choice. It deals a hefty amount of damage! Peacemaker goes for a similar flying type attack, but it seems to be a little bit weaker. Oh well, nothing can be done about that—there are strong moves and there are weak moves, and we use what we have!

Steve’s next move is a rock slide. Another astute move by Matezoide, as that flinch chance could be deadly, and we certainly don’t want to repeat moves to incur consecutive energy penalty! PeaceMaker, however, goes for…leech life? That’s not very effective, and barely does or heals any damage! Perhaps a second aerial ace might have been a better idea?

Steve seems to be capable of doing the more damage at the point with an extremely powerful acrobatics. Better get in more attacks as that screech defense drop slowly wears off!

Protip: Use stat dropping moves on A2 or A3, so that they don’t decay at the end of the current round. If they are used on A1, they will decay on A3 of the current round. Stat changes only decay at the end of the round, and they only decay after at least 2 actions.

Steve uses Screech -6 en
Peacemaker uses Sandstorm -9 en
Steve is hurt by sandstorm

Steve uses Acrobatics – 7 en
To crit 75/100 no
(11)*1.5+1.75*2=20
Nincada uses Aerial Ace -4 en
To crit 41/100 no
(6+1.5)*1.5=11.25

Steve uses Rock Slide -6 en
To crit 47/100 no
To flinch 85/100 no
8+1.75*2=11.5
Nincada uses Leech Life -8 en
(6+3+1.5)*0.67=7 dmg
3.5 healed!

PeaceMaker (M)
HP: 62 | EN: 79 | Spe: 40
Other: -1 Def

Steve (M)
HP: 66 | EN: 81 | Spe: 81

Sandstorm 3r

Just checking,it is Sound's turn now,right?

So Screech and the likes are better off towards the end.....got it.

Oh,any idea if theres a list of allowed combination moves?

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Sound orders first this round. There is no codified list of allowed combinations--your best bet is just to ask me if a combination is legal. All moves can be combined with themselves, and if your combination makes logical sense, chances are that I'll allow it.

Sound orders first this round. There is no codified list of allowed combinations--your best bet is just to ask me if a combination is legal. All moves can be combined with themselves, and if your combination makes logical sense, chances are that I'll allow it.
Oh,so i just gotta use common-sense? Sweet,as soon as i get Thunderpunch,i am doing this.

Instant win! :justin2:

Can't say I care for consecutive energy costs at this point, Nincada wont last long enough to feel them. I have more hope for Remoraid vs. Corphish.

Aerial Ace - Aerial Ace - Aerial Ace

Oh, and I just realized that we are only using 1 sub, but Matezoide used 2 last round. I don't want to to do the last round over, but just for future reference.

My appologizes,i guess i misunderstood the exact meaning of sub.

''Ok,Steve,these Aerial Aces are going to hurt,so lets try to minimize the damage''

Dig -> Acrobatics + Acrobatics -> Dig

I was rather curious if Dig can evade Aerial Ace,guess i will find out soon.....oh well,i battle mostly for fun anyway :P

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.

PeaceMaker (M)
HP: 62 | EN: 79 | Spe: 40
Other: -1 Def

Steve (M)
HP: 66 | EN: 81 | Spe: 81

Sandstorm 3r

And off we go to round 2! Steve starts off with a quick dig underground, which thankfully avoids Sound’s aerial ace. My god, that poor bug can’t even land a hit with a --% accurate move! He then hits with Dig for pitiful damage, but that surely wasn’t the point of that manuever. The sandstorm making up for Peacemaker’s poor damage output, the bug then hits with its next aerial ace…only to be completely wrecked by Steve’s superbatics combo! That’s got to hurt! But perhaps such a reckless combo wasn’t the best course of action…consuming a great deal of energy and failing to KO PeaceMaker! Furthermore, stat drops are only calculated for each attack, and combining two attacks into one means that the stat drop wasn’t fully used…but it doesn’t matter. I can predict here a clear winner in this matchup, with Steve’s evasive digging and powerful acrobatics able to nab a clean win! Only question is, will sound be able to get enough damage in to lessen the workload for his other pokemon? Sound is being very astute here, using multiple aerial aces, but Steve is able to KO the poor bug with just one more acrobatics (beware of that nasty energy cost though)!

We’ll find out in round 3!

Steve uses Dig -10 en
Peacemaker uses Aerial ace -4 en
Steve hits
To crit 24/100 no
(8)*0.67+1.75=7.11

Peacemaker uses Aerial Ace -8 en
To crit 83/100 no
(6+1.5)*1.5=11.25
Steve uses Crazybatics -32 en
To crit 95/100 no
(11*2.25+1.5)*1.5+1.75=41.125

Steve is cooling down
Peacemaker uses Aerial Ace -12 en
To crit 96/100 no
(6+1.5)*1.5=11.25

Steve -6 sandstorm damage

PeaceMaker (M)
HP: 14 | EN: 55 | Spe: 40
Other:

Steve (M)
HP: 37 | EN: 39 | Spe: 81

Sandstorm 2r

''Alright Steve,lets prepare to hit the next opponent as hard as possible and then KO that (hella strong) bug''

Focus-Energy -> Acrobatics -> Rock Slide

If at any point you are unable to hit him,Chill instead

"I may as well start doing this, as well. PeaceMaker! Let's show him the error of his ways!"

Aerial Ace - Evasive Dig - Aerial Ace + Aerial Ace combo
If Evasive Dig won't avoid Acrobatics (I'm unsure if evasive digging has priority) then change actions to: Aerial Ace + Aerial Ace A1, Cooldown A2, and Aerial Ace A3

I'm staking my luck on no flinch or crit from Rock Slide, as I'm fairly certain I can survive it otherwise.

Crap,it looked like a good idea at the time,i can already tell it is gonna hurt if that works.
Would be one hell of a comeback though.....well played,good sir.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
No priority on Evasive Dig. Relax, I thought the same too.

PeaceMaker (M)
HP: 14 | EN: 55 | Spe: 40
Other:

Steve (M)
HP: 37 | EN: 39 | Spe: 81

Sandstorm 2r

Well then, what we have here is a case of a massive misplay by Matezoide! Appearing to be comfortably in the lead, he goes ahead and sets up a Focus Energy, one of the most useless boosting moves in ASB, ever. Peacemaker glares at his opponent, resenting him with every inch of his bug-body, and unleashes a terrifying Super Aerial Ace! That has got to hurt! The bug faints over with energy exhaustion, but the damage is done—Steve is now crippled and ready for Sound’s next pokemon to kill!

Steve uses Focus Energy -5 en
PeaceMaker uses SuperAce -63 en
(base cost: 36)
to crit 54/100 no
(13.5+1.5)*1.5=22.5

Steve is hurt by sandstorm -2

PeaceMaker (M)
HP: 14 | EN: 0 | Spe: 40
Other:

Steve (M)
HP: 12 | EN: 34 | Spe: 81
Other: +16% Accuracy, Focus Energy 4a

Sandstorm 1r

"Sniper, let's finish what PeaceMaker started!"

Psybeam - Water Gun - Psybeam

Really, it doesn't have priority? Huh. I checked, and both Evasive Teleport and Evasive Agility has priority. It seems sort of inconcistent.

I'll most likely regret not using a Sub, but I checked Mankey's movepool thoroughly (pretty much lost my other match because I didn't do the same), and it can't do anything beyond fish for a crit.

tbhi was half hoping i would end with a bit less HP to shoot off a Reversal,but at this point,Close-Combat is stronger.

''Sorry for this bad play,Steve,i know this wont make up for my mistake,but strike harder than you ever did!''

Super Sexy Fists of the Monkey (Close-Combat + Close-Combat) -> Be KO'ed -> Rest in your pokeball

*starts singing the critical hit song*As for Evasive Dig's lack of priority,i think it makes sense,tbh.
I mean,teleport having priority is easy to get,since teleporting is something instant,a pokemon is able to do so before the attack can even hit.
Agility is a massive boost for the speed,wich,while not instant,allows a pokemon to move faster than it normaly could in order to evade.

Dig,on the other hand,has the pokemon to physicaly start digging a hole before the attack can hit,wich would take a considerable amount of time when compared to the other 2,although i agree that it would be more balanced if it had priority as well.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Yeah, okay, not going to ref this round. Sniper consumes 5 energy, is hurt by sandstorm, and Matezoide now sends out and orders.

I am probably missing something,but why isnt my move hitting first? Mankey is faster than Remoraid and theres no priority involved as far as i know.

*starts singing the critical hit song*As for Evasive Dig's lack of priority,i think it makes sense,tbh.
I mean,teleport having priority is easy to get,since teleporting is something instant,a pokemon is able to do so before the attack can even hit.
Agility is a massive boost for the speed,wich,while not instant,allows a pokemon to move faster than it normaly could in order to evade.

Dig,on the other hand,has the pokemon to physicaly start digging a hole before the attack can hit,wich would take a considerable amount of time when compared to the other 2,although i agree that it would be more balanced if it had priority as well.
Actually, I have to disagree with you. Since standard Teleport and Agility don't have priority, there's one conclusion to draw: In order to move longer distances, they have to charge first. The reason why the Evasive forms nearly negate this charge time but not get rid of it entirely (I.E. Priority 1 instead of 6) is because they only more just enough to avoid the attack and no further. If this is the case, Dig should definatly have priority. Why?

Quite simple. If digging a whole across a battlefield can be done in less than 20 seconds, it stands to reason that a pokemon is able to dig a hole just big enough to hide in (for Nincada, say, 3 ft.) in only a couple seconds (the same amount of time it would take for a pokemn to 'charge' an evasive agility or teleport based on estimations I've made on priority). Therefore, it stands to reason a pokemon could dig such a hole quick enough to avoid an attack.

You know, I didn't write all this for no reason. I'm checking the feedback thread to see if this has ever been brought up and, if it hasn't, posting it there.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Combinations between two priority: 0 moves has a priority of -1. check the data audit thread thing on combinations. :)

sorry sound, you're beating at a dead horse. Damaging evasive moves such as dig, fly and dive have an evasive priority of 0 and a hit priority of -1. There is a difference between damaging evasive moves and evasive moves.

It's like saying how it should take less time to summon a hydro pump than it should be to use water gun.

@Sound fair enough,i do see your point and if you believe it should have priority,it should be posted there,maybe they can provide a better explanation than me :pimp:

Combinations between two priority: 0 moves has a priority of -1. check the data audit thread thing on combinations. :)
Oh,guess i missed that :evan:

Hum.....so i should either rage or continue after prety much murdering myself (this is gonna be one of these things that nobody will ever let go,wont it?)......

What the hell,lets go Rob!

Trump Card -> Dragon-Dance -> Trump Card

Protect whenever he uses Scald and push back actions.

(So if he uses Scald on A1,Corphish will use TP on A2 and so on,right? Thats what i wanna do,at least.....oh,about Trump-Card,will it's power raise by the amount of times i use it in a row or the boost to it's power is never reseted?)

"Sniper, it is now the final strech. Keep on going! Win!"

Mwuhahahahaha. I may seems to be at a disadvantage since all my special coverage moves barring psybeam are resisted, but I assure, this is all part of an evil plot. You see, Sniper is a very... unique pokemon. He has access to a very rare and powerful combination. I chose his nature in my mind of this combination, as a deception. Lo and behold! Sniper's true power!

Enable Hustle for all these actions.
Focus Energy - Lock-On - Rock Blast

This may not seem like much, but it's actually a combination of bonuses and mechanics that makes this particular Rock Blast powerful. First off, Hustle activates and increases Rock Blast's power. While this decreases Rock Blast's accuracy to annoyingly low levels, that's why I have lock-on. Then, Focus Energy automatically causes all the hits in a multi-hits move to be a crit. Finally, Sniper increases these crits even higher.

Okay, I was just kidding in the first paragraph. I actually slowly figured this all out a little while ago.

Edit: Er, sorry. The wording is very confusing. Most other instances that refer to Combination attacks are capitalized, so I thought they were using combined as a word, not a mechanic.

Enable Hustle
Rock Blast - Super Sonic - Rock Blast

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.

Sniper (M)
HP: 88 | EN: 95 | Spe: 56
Ranks: 3/2/4/2
Abilities: Hustle, Sniper
Other: -10 eva

Rob (M)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 35
Ranks: 4/3/1/2
Size: 1 | Weight: 2
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Shell Armor
Other:

Off we go to Pokemon number 2, which seems to be a much more balanced matchup! We have the battle of two water types, Sniper and Rob here. Sniper starts off with a hustle enabled Rock Blast, but its shaky accuracy bites Sniper as the entire attack misses. Rob then goes for…a special attack? Coming off that rank 1 special attack, that really isn’t going to do much, and you do have a rank 4 attack waiting to be used! But he goes for a Trump Card attack…interesting. Not an oft-used attack, but perhaps in this low damage output matchup that will prove to be a serious danger once it’s powered up!

Sniper continues his love for low accuracy attacks with Supersonic, a 55% attack…and it fails by one point. Sound, this is not a very good strategy here! Rob continues with by using a Dragon Dance, which still doesn’t allow it to outspeed Sniper, and boosts up an attack stat that the crab apparently isn’t using. At least he used the stat booster on A2 though.

Action 3 is a repeat of Action 1, but Sniper’s attack finally hits for a measely amount of damage, while trump card does a pitiful amount.

Note to sound: You do know that Rob has Battle Armour, right? So the Focus Energy gimmick would’ve been a complete waste of time…

Sniper uses Rock Blast -7 en
To hit: 78/100 no
Rob uses Trump Card -8 en
(5-1.5)=3.5

Sniper uses Supersonic -5 en
To hit 56/100 no
Rob uses Dragon Dance -7 en

Sniper uses Rock Blast -7 en
To hit: 12/100 yes
Hit times 47/100 3 times
Can’t crit
(9+3)=12
Rob uses Trump Card -8 en
(5-1.5+3)=6.5

Sniper (M)
HP: 78 | EN: 76 | Spe: 56
Ranks: 3/2/4/2
Abilities: Hustle, Sniper
Other: -10 eva

Rob (M)
HP: 88 | EN: 77 | Spe: 35
Ranks: 4/3/1/2
Size: 1 | Weight: 2
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Shell Armor
Other:

Okay... That was a huge blunder on my part. I'm still getting used to the fact that pokemon have all their abilities in this, and when I see Corphish, I think of Crawdaunt, and when I think of Crawdaunt, I immeaditly think it's ability is Adaptability. Time for a different tactic.

Psybeam - Psybeam - Psybeam
If he uses doubleteam, then change A1 to Lock-On and A2 to Rock Blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)