Meet Hydr-Achi

Dream World, Meet Hydr-Achi
Introduction:

Hey Smogon! This is CurryLemonzz and this is my first RMT! This team was made by me when I was experimenting with new cores and has so far worked well for me.

A Sneak Peek:

Team Building Process:

I wanted a sweeper who could demolish teams at just the flick of a button but have an immunity to a move so getting in would be easy. Having a Psychic and Ground immunity makes it that much easier for this behemoth to switch in and demolish the opponent. The 4X Ice weakness was also a big turn off from Dragonite.

Having a ground type immunity, I needed something to abuse that fact as well as have great synergy with the levitating Dragon. Resisting Hydreigon's Dragon and Ice weaknesses as well as being a sweeper makes Rachi a premier choice for my team.

Bronzong, oh how it takes me back to DPPt. If you ever need a reliable Rocks lead, Zong's your pal. Need a counter to Sub-Tect Scor? Zong's your pal. So I decided to be friendly to the Bronze Bell Pokemon.

Keldeo's resistance to Fire and Ice guaranteed his spot on my team. After one Calm Mind, his Special Attack reaches an amazing 534 combined with his excellent type coverage allows him to hit everything that doesn't resist his moves and leave his mark. He also isn't a slouch defensively either, after one boost, his Special Defense stat soars to 324 which can be really hard to take down.

Gliscor is my bulky go to Mon when the opponent is going to use a status-inducing move. His bulk allows him to tank hits as well as dishing out damage that other walls would dream of. His typing allows him to come into nearly all Fighting types, scout their move with Protect and switch in the appropiate counter.

Now I needed a bulky Anti-Spinner to allow Zong's Rocks to remove the ever-so-common Multiscale that Dragonite depends on. If Jirachi's ParaFlinch wasn't bad enough, this Clops has Confuse Ray to improve the infamous ParaFusion combo to ParaFusionFlinch.

Under The Wide Lens:

Hikari / Shining

Bronzong
@ Leftovers

Trait:
Levitate

Nature:
Sassy

EV's:
252 Hp / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpDef
IV's:
31 Hp / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31SpD / 2 Spe

~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Gyro Ball
~ Hidden Power [ICE]

Hikari is my favourite lead because of its ability to almost always set up Stealth Rock. Its bulk also allow it to switch in against an opponents Gliscor and wall him/her to no end. HP Ice always 2HKO's Gliscor and deals a TON to Dragonite attempting to use it as set-up bait. The Pokemon that Hikari hates the most is definitely Ferrothorn. His Iron Barbs and ability to set up Spikes/Rocks is a real pain and makes me wish Hikari could learn Taunt.

Chiyo Rin / Eternal Cold

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EV's:
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IV's:
31 Hp / 31 Atk /31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe

~ Draco Meteor
~ Dark Pulse
~ Fire Blast
~ Focus Blast

Chiyo is one of the deadliest Pokemon ever created. Once she decimates your dedicated wall, it's game over. My dedicated sweeper that etches her name into the top of the OU tier. She isn't up there for no reason though, her excellent type coverage and STAB's make her the unstoppable force that I need. All Steel types attempting to switch in get hit right in their faces by an extremely powerful Fire Blast or Focus Blast. Her EV's are standard and are the most effective for her role as Wallbreaking Sweeper. Her top counters would be fast Fighting types that have priority moves or Chansey and Jellicent. They wall her unless she nails them on the switch with a SE move.

Kuro Sora / Black Sky

Jirachi
@ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly
EV's:
80 Hp / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
IV's:
31 Hp / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe

~ Iron Head

~ Body Slam
~ Substitute
~ Fire Punch

Kuro is THE MOST annoying Pokemon to face. Once you are Paralyzed, the chances of you even moving is reduced by 25%. That means that 75% of the time the opponent is able to move. Add another 60% flinch chance to the mix, only 15% chance to hit. That's not alot. Fire Punch is there for coverage and dents opposing Ferrothorn attempting to switch in on an Iron Head. Her main counter is Magnezone although it gets a run for its money if it switches in on a Fire Punch and risks being Flinched to death. Body Slam's 60% chance of Paralyzing the opponent as well as damaging them is better than Thunder Wave as there are plenty more Ground types than Ghost to be immune to it.

Rin Yoi / Cold Night

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Trait:
Justified
Nature: Hasty
EV's:
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IV's:
31 Hp / 31 Atk / 30 Def / 31 SpA / 30 SpD / 31 Spe

~Calm Mind
~Sacred Sword
~Surf
~Hidden Power [GHOST]

Rin is my favourite bulky sweeper this Generation. Her ability Justified makes her my switch in counter for Dark type moves aimed at Dusclops, get a boost and hit them hard with a STAB Sacred Sword or Surf. HP Ghost is mostly there for coverage and bulky Ghosts preparing to switch into Sacred Sword. Sacred Sword was chosen over Focus Blast due to the Attack boost that Justified provides it with, its accuracy and it allowed her to by pass any defense boosts and destroy the opponent. Keldeo is also one of the Pokemon that can OHKO a Sub-Tect Gliscor using Surf. She has done her job and successfully 6-0ed teams that were unprepared for her and her rampage. Her biggest counter would definitely be the Choice Scarf variants of Rotom-W, only hitting it for neutral damage with Sacred Sword.

Shin Takeo / True Hero

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait:
Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EV's:
180 Hp / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 216 Spe
IV's:
31 Hp / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe

~Substitute
~Protect
~Earthquake
~Toxic

Gliscor is the meaning of the word STALLING TANK. Shin takes hits and dishes out one of the more powerful Earthquakes in the Metagame. That's what makes this Pokemon a neccesity for my team. His ability to stall out and possibly Poison Rotom-W to death is what I needed to ensure that Rin AT LEAST gets 1 KO. This EV spread maxes out Poison Heal recovery while maintaining the ability to tank most hits and out speed common threats. His main counter is always Bronzong as it can waste useless PP while Shin uses Protect and Substitute.

Beni Kasumi / Red Fog

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Trait:
Pressure
Nature:
Calm
EV's:
252 Hp / 80 Def / 176 SpD
IV's:
31 Hp / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 0 Spe

~Will-o-Wisp
~Confuse Ray
~Night Shade
~Pain Split

The Glue and Sponge on my team. Beni's ability to stop Rapid Spin and take only 44.8% Maximum from Dragonite's Outrage is one big feat. WoW provides my team with a way to deal with powerful physical attackers and help Shin outstall them. Confuse Ray + Kuro = 1 or more KO's. This Pokemon glues my team together, providing me with a defensive pivot and allowing my team to cripple the opponent. Resisting Chiyo's Bug type weakness, helping stall out Pokemon with Shin, Confusing opponents for Kuro, preventing opponents from spinning away Hikari's Rocks and tanking out hits for Rin makes her the perfect candidate for the 'Glue' on my team.

Conclusion:

Thank you for taking the time to read my RMT,
I am open to all suggestions and remember,
this was my first RMT :D

I'm trying to get into the tutor program so I can improve my team building skills. Gen V was really a big shift for me just after I had gotten used to Gen IV so any help would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATED. :D

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Keldeo is not allowed to be used for Smogon. If you play PO, you can use it freely on other servers, anyways.

Jirachi is a nice Pokemon with Hydregion, and I just want to say one thing.

Ice Punch>Fire Punch

You have a nice freeze chance, and it can counter Gliscor/Dragons. Dragons will try to kill Hydreigion, which will be killed by ice punch ;D

I hate Bronzong leads to be honest, as they generally suck in gen 5. Rotom is more suited as it can wall Gliscor still, and cripple a few things with trick ;D

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Effort Values: 252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Hp

~ Trick
~ Volt Switch
~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Overheat

Trick: You can cripple walls with scarf/specs
Volt Switch: Can hit fast or hard, gives you switch advantage
Hidden Power (Ice): Hits Gliscor/Dragons hard
Overheat: Ferrothorn ;P I figured you have Keledeo you might as well have some fire over water (Rotom-W is more common in OU)

Really it from me, I wish this team well :D
~ Anthonias

Keldeo is not allowed to be used for Smogon. If you play PO, you can use it freely on other servers, anyways.

Jirachi is a nice Pokemon with Hydregion, and I just want to say one thing.

Ice Punch>Fire Punch

You have a nice freeze chance, and it can counter Gliscor/Dragons. Dragons will try to kill Hydreigion, which will be killed by ice punch ;D

I hate Bronzong leads to be honest, as they generally suck in gen 5. Rotom is more suited as it can wall Gliscor still, and cripple a few things with trick ;D

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Effort Values: 252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Hp

~ Trick
~ Volt Switch
~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Overheat

Trick: You can cripple walls with scarf/specs
Volt Switch: Can hit fast or hard, gives you switch advantage
Hidden Power (Ice): Hits Gliscor/Dragons hard
Overheat: Ferrothorn ;P I figured you have Keledeo you might as well have some fire over water (Rotom-W is more common in OU)

Really it from me, I wish this team well :D
~ Anthonias
I knew it! Oh well, I play on Smogon so yea, now I need a replacement for that.

As for the Rotom, I've tested it out and my team seems to lack a SR user. Been thinking of Pert. :D

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Swampy isn't the best choice of a lead either, if you really want hazards though, I suggest something like, Mew.

Mew @ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Taunt / Magic Coat
~ U-Turn
~ Fake Out / Magic Coat

Stealth Rock: Rocks ;D
Taunt: Ferrothorn
Magic Coat: Ferrothron ;P
U-Turn: If you can't do jack crap, get out!
Fake Out: Scouts + Breaks sash ^^

Hope this is a more suited set ;D
~ Anthonias
[/HIDE]

haunter

Banned deucer.
No, it doesn't. Also please remove Keldeo unless you're playing this team in Dream World.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Dream World is where unreleased things are allowed, if I am right. Its for both DS and PO tiers, so you might want to label this team Dream World and keep keledeo.
:P

Mew doesn't seem to be good enough for me as it isn't bulky enough. :( Rotom-W also doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe I could try a bulky lead with Ice Beam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)